March 29, 2024, 03:21:36 AM

Author Topic: Latapy and Terry Fenwick can lead T&T.  (Read 11978 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Latapy and Terry Fenwick can lead T&T.
« on: April 17, 2009, 07:35:23 PM »

A unified coaching staff

Now I know everyone may-not agree with me here. But given the current situation I feel we need to build more than just a team of players to take the field. Building a team of staff members is just- if not more important for any success we will have.

And just for the record. Latapy does have my 100% support as T&T head coach and I hope he pulls it off. However, we never found or shall I say never developed a replacement for him on the field and therefore having him play in our next 3 or 4 games is vital for our survival in this campaign. Same with Yorke. Anyways, having Latapy on the field at this point in time is a no brainier. Russell should get a shot at head coach but maybe after our 2010 WC campaign. He needs more experience before he can lean T&T though.

Furthermore, we continue to make too many silly mistakes after we were so successful in 2005/2006.

For instance;

We are always under prepared.

We never learn from our mistakes.

We always look for the quick fix.

We take forever to settle a team.

Proper diet is also another concern.

We have to build a balanced staff team, just like players they all have to be moreorless on the same page. Thinking and supporting of each other and working together trying to figure out problems together. Sometimes to many cooks spoil the soup. So a good staff team is needed. We cannot have a team of staff members who is always taking a bite off each other. This is a recipe for disaster. We also have to think long-term. A staff that will compliment each other is very important.

We need members who will;

A) Work out problems as a team.

B) Support and respect each other.

C) Creative thinkers to help organize, franchise and promote T&T football.

With all the talk on the forum lately (Latapy/Fenwick). Below are just some of the benefits and none benefits of having Latapy and Fenwick work with each other.

BENEFITS of Fenwick.

1. He has lived in Trinidad for 8 years so he knows the players, league and culture very well.

2. He has had great success in coaching in T&T with San Juan Jabloteh.

3. He has great disciplined and organization and also have us at heart.

4. As a player he has graced the highest stage of football.

5. He is a great long term coach that is very passionate about his job. This is not about Jerry Hosepedales or San Juan Jabloteh. Fenwick did what he had to do in order to be successful. He did have running’s with the TTFF in the past but I do not see a problem with it because Fenwick was asking for a calendar to work with.

6. He does his homework when it comes to scouting and analyzing teams.

7. He has a knack for bringing out the best in young players. And also discovering young talent. Hence the reason we have so many San Juan Jabloteh players on both out Under 20 and Under 17 teams respectively.

8. He is a great motivator.

9. He has won silverware with Jabloteh for 7 years straight. His first year he wasn't as successful as it was more of a recruiting/learning process.

10. He has managed to get foreign contracts for 18 players already.

NONE BENEFITS of Fenwick.

1. He does not have the experience of coaching at international football.

2. He is a no nonsense coach. And I don't know how good his relationship with the TTFF and certain players will go down.

BENEFITS of Latapy.

1. He is one of our most respectable players and will definitely bring heart and soul to T&T football on and off the field. His vision and knowledge for the game is also a plus.

2. He have coaching experience at Falkirk.

3. Players will always look up to Latapy and he can use this to be a great motivator and a role model.

4. Will get the support from Dwight Yorke. Another T&T legend. No doubt both Russell and Dwight should play some part on and off the field for T&T (officially).

5. Has played at a high level.

NONE BENEFITS of Latapy.

2. Two or three games as head coach is insufficient and could do him more harm than good "if" he is to be evaluated by the TTFF on just 2/3 games.

3. How will Latapy play 2 roles. Coach and take the field as a player.

Together both Fenwick and Latapy would be a great investment for T&T. Leo Beenhakker came here in 2005 with a desire to succeed and with a point to prove. To show the world that he has accomplished the impossible and that his resume speaks for itself. My question is, if we bring in another big name coach will he have that same desire and determination to take us to South Africa and possibly beyond ?

Had it been me as TTFF head I would have considered the following;

A) Head Coach - Terry Fenwick
Straightforward, disciplined, organized, professional attitude, fighting spirit in him and have T&T at heart. It is also good to have a foreign coach involved at some capacity to enable us proper team selection.

B) Assistant Coach - Russell Latapy
Experienced player. Great knowledge on and off the field, clam and straightforward as well. Latapy can also assist with developing our next midfield general. Focus on helping our midfield become better.

C) Assistant Coach - Dwight Yorke
His attitude towards T&T is second to none and his experience will definitely be a big plus. He can also focus our helping our strikers become better.

D) Goalkeeper Coach - Lincoln Phillips and Shaka Hislop (for all teams, both men and women)
Our two most successful keepers we ever produced with great knowledge and experienced.

E) Defensive Coach - Stuart Charles Fevrier
A very calm person with good experience at coaching and at playing at the back. He has lived and played in T&T for over a decade and knows the T&T players and league very well.

F) Fitness Trainer - Ato Boldon
Ato have graced the highest stage of athleticism. He knows what it take to be on top form. He can also help our players build speed and mental strength.

G) Technical Director - Lincoln Phillips and Stephen Hart.
Lincoln has worked with some of the best. He has the knowledge and experience to take us to the next level. Stephen Hart also have the experience to help us reach at a higher level. Both men are thinking minds and should make a pretty decent team. Both men is also capable of good analysis of teams and I am sure if given the support and tools to do their jobs they will get it done.

H) Under 20 Coach - Zoran Varnes
Have great success with our current under 20 team. Time will tell how well he will do in the future. He loves T&T and definitely have as at heart. He can also assist with the T&T senior team.

I) Under 17 Coach - Anton Corneal
Did nothing wrong thus far and deserve a crack at it that's providing he keeps his father out of the picture.

J) Under 15 Coach - Bertille St Clair
Bertille is a very serious coach. He is great with young players and will nurture them into better players and better individual making easier for the next stage of their lives.

Both Marvin Andrews and Anthony Rougier should also be involved with team togetherness, prayer, mental and physical training and also motivational speakers.

With the following team there will be no stopping us. I can guarantee you this, but time and support is needed. A team that will work hand in hand with each other making the transition an easy one for the next level.

Depends on what is the outcome of our 2010 campaign we should have a clearer picture off whom should be at the helm. I probably would have stayed with the above staff members with a little "re-arrangement" (maybe) and give them time to see how things progress. But it all depends on how well we do and perform after the 2010 campaign.

We do not have the money to keep a big name coach in T&T for any long periods. This is why I feel we have to make the best with what we currently have in order to move forward. Getting the right staff who have T&T at heart is a good stepping stone for a bright future.

Just my view. Feel free to add your thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:30:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy and Terry Fenwick can lead T&T.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
Nice Read Flex..

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
WOW !!!!! that's all I can say. Nice read.

Well said Flex !!!!!!

Instead of comparing we need to utilize both Fenwick and Latapy.

:applause:  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
Flex these are my thoughts.

1.Fenwick although successful in Trinidad,de people in Northampton will shoot him on site if he comes close.A former player told me he once meet Northampton chairman and he almost lost a trial just because he said he new Fenwick.

2.Anton Corneal.Apparently when they went to the last under 17 world cup,some of the parents of the players felt he was outmatch tactically.

3.Vranes did not have the control of the players when he was in charge.The oversees players did what ever they wanted.

I felt that hart would have been a good addition to latas team but we wait to long and Canada appoint him interim coach for the Gold Cup.  

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 05:49:01 AM »
Nice ...but Flex lewwe hear yuh squad ah players nuh

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 06:40:43 AM »
 :) Very nicely done maybe you can email that tuh Jack so he can get a clue...it's amazing to me that people outside the workings of the national team makes more sense than the people who are in charge and has made this a career  :angel:

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »
Very intelligent breakdown.

Not 100% sure about Fenwick but I say he should be given a shot to work alongside Latapy and drop Vranes, leave him to focus on the under 20 team. Fenwick has matured as a coach, I have seen Jabloteh many times last season and Fenwick does have them fellas playing some very good football.

Good read for a change compare to some of the crap some of them other posters does post (including me sometimes..  :devil:).

Thanks Flex, this refereshing, but impossible in the eyes of the TTFF. They dont like things to run smooth.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »
Nice one Flex, full agreement!!  :applause:

This was more or less what I was trying to suggest in some of my posts over the past few days!!

I suggest Flex emails his suggestins to both Latas & Jack and lets see how serious both individuals are about maximising our chances of making it to South Africa next year! 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:17:29 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »
Very intelligent breakdown.

Not 100% sure about Fenwick but I say he should be given a shot to work alongside Latapy and drop Vranes, leave him to focus on the under 20 team. Fenwick has matured as a coach, I have seen Jabloteh many times last season and Fenwick does have them fellas playing some very good football.

Good read for a change compare to some of the crap some of them other posters does post (including me sometimes..  :devil:).

Thanks Flex, this refereshing, but impossible in the eyes of the TTFF. They dont like things to run smooth.

Read de man writing again nah

concentrate on:
Have great success with our current under 20 team. Time well tell how will he will do in the future. He loves T&T and definitely have as at heart. He can also assist with the T&T senior team.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:03:20 AM by Flex »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 04:33:59 PM »

A unified coaching staff

Now I know everyone may-not agree with me here. But given the current situation I feel we need to build more than just a team of players to take the field. Building a team of staff members is just- if not more important for any success we will have.

And just for the record. Latapy does have my 100% support as T&T head coach and I hope he pulls it off. However, we never found or shall I say never developed a replacement for him on the field and therefore having him play in our next 3 or 4 games is vital for our survival in this campaign. Same with Yorke. Anyways, having Latapy on the field at this point in time is a no brainier. Russell should get a shot at head coach but after our 2010 WC campaign.

Furthermore, we continue to make too many silly mistakes after we were so successful in 2005/2006.

For instance;

We are always under prepared.

We never learn from our mistakes.

We always look for the quick fix.

We take forever to settle a team.

Proper diet is also another concern.

We have to build a balanced staff team, just like players they all have to be moreorless on the same page. Thinking and supporting of each other and working together trying to figuring out problems together. Sometimes to many cooks spoil the soup. So a good staff team is needed. We cannot have a team of staff members who is always taking a bit off each other. This is a receipt for disaster. We also have to think long-term. A staff that will compliment each other is very important.

We need members who will;

A) Work out problems as a team.

B) Support and respect each other.

C) Creative thinkers to help organize, franchise and promote T&T football.

With all the talk on the forum lately (Latapy/Fenwick). Below are just some of the benefits and none benefits of having Latapy and Fenwick work with each other.

BENEFITS of Fenwick.

1. He has lived in Trinidad for 8 years so he knows the players, league and culture very well.

2. He has had great success in coaching in T&T with San Juan Jabloteh.

3. He has great disciplined and organization and also have us at heart.

4. As a player he has graced the highest stage of football.

5. He is a great long term coach that is very passionate about his job. This is not about Jerry Hosepedales or San Juan Jabloteh. Fenwick did what he had to do in order to be successful. He did have running’s with the TTFF in the past but I do not see a problem with it because Fenwick was asking for a calendar to work with.

6. He does his homework when it comes to scouting and analyzing teams.

7. He has a knack for bringing out the best in young players. And also discovering young talent. Hence the reason we have so many San Juan Jabloteh players on both out Under 20 and Under 17 teams respectively.

8. He is a great motivator.

9. He has won silverware with Jabloteh for 7 years straight. His first year he wasn't as successful as it was more of a recruiting/learning process.

10. He has managed to get foreign contracts for 18 players already.

NONE BENEFITS of Fenwick.

2. He is a no nonsense coach. And I don't know how good his relationship with the TTFF and certain players will go down.

BENEFITS of Latapy.

1. He is one of our most respectable players and will definitely bring heart and soul to T&T football on and off the field. His vision and knowledge for the game is also a plus.

2. He have coaching experience at Falkirk.

3. Players will always look up to Latapy and he can use this to be a great motivator and a role model.

4. Will get the support from Dwight Yorke. Another T&T legend. No doubt both Russell and Dwight should play some part on and off the field for T&T (officially).

5. Has played at a high level.

NONE BENEFITS of Latapy.

2. Two or three games as head coach is insufficient and could do him more harm than good "if" he is to be evaluated by the TTFF on just 2/3 games.

3. How will Latapy play 2 roles. Coach and take the field as a player.

Together both Fenwick and Latapy would be a great investment for T&T. Leo Beenhakker came here in 2005 with a desire to succeed and with a point to prove. To show the world that he has accomplished the impossible and that his resume speaks for itself. My question is, if we bring in another big name coach will he have that same desire and determination to take us to South Africa and possibly beyond ?

Had it been me as TTFF head I would have considered the following;

Straightforward, disciplined, organized, professional attitude, fighting spirit in him and have T&T at heart. It is also good to have a foreign coach involved at some capacity to enable us proper team selection.

Experienced player. Great knowledge on and off the field, clam and straightforward as well. Latapy can also assist with developing our next midfield general. Focus on helping our midfield become better.

His attitude towards T&T is second to none and his experience will definitely be a big plus. He can also focus our helping our strikers become better.

D) Goalkeeper Coach - Lincoln Phillips and Shaka Hislop (for all teams, both men and women)
Our two most successful keepers we ever produced with great knowledge and experienced.

A very calm person with good experience at coaching and at playing at the back. He has lived and played in T&T for over a decade and knows the T&T players and league very well.

Ato have graced the highest stage of athleticism. He knows what it take to be on top form. He can also help our players build speed and mental strength.

Lincoln has worked with some of the best. He has the knowledge and experience to take us to the next level. Stephen Hart also have the experience to help us reach at a higher level. Both men are thinking minds and should make a pretty decent team. Both men is also capable of good analysis of teams and I am sure if given the support and tools to do their jobs they will get it done.

Have great success with our current under 20 team. Time will tell how will he will do in the future. He loves T&T and definitely have as at heart. He can also assist with the T&T senior team.

I) Under 17 Coach - Anton Corneal
Did nothing wrong thus far and deserve a crack at it that's providing he keeps his father out of the picture.

J) Under 15 Coach - Bertille St Clair
Bertille is a very serious coach. He is great with young players and will nurture them into better players and better individual making easier for the next stage of their lives.

Both Marvin Andrews and Anthony Rougier should also be involved with team togetherness, prayer, mental and physical training and also motivational speakers.

With the following team there will be no stopping us. I can guarantee you this, but time and support is needed. A team that will work hand in hand with each other making the transition an easy one for the next level.

Depends on what is the outcome of our 2010 campaign we should have a clearer picture off whom should be at the helm. I probably would have stayed with the above staff members with a little "re-arrangement" (maybe) and give them time to see how things progress. But it all depends on how well we do and perform after the 2010 campaign.

We do not have the money to keep a big name coach in T&T for any long periods. This is why I feel we have to make the best with what we currently have in order to move forward. Getting the right staff who have T&T at heart is a good stepping stone for a bright future.

Just my view. Feel free to add your thoughts.
IMHO that's a strength

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 08:32:35 AM »
Pros of Fenwick

Has managed Portsmouth

Cons of Fenwick

Wasnt very good at it  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 09:15:09 AM »
Pros of Fenwick

Has managed Portsmouth

Cons of Fenwick

:rotfl: :rotfl:

He's had some seasoning since then, I'd like to think, lol

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
Can a Fenwick work with a Latapy...Sometime an established experienced career coach find it difficult to see the same paths and trails as a younger player/coach, and vice versa.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Nice work Mr. Moderator
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 06:38:31 PM »
Can a Fenwick work with a Latapy...Sometime an established experienced career coach find it difficult to see the same paths and trails as a younger player/coach, and vice versa.

Latapy got the job and will not hire a coach above him, he will try to do the job himself to prove he can do it.

Cant see this happening even though I wish it would. As we need all the help we can get, the next 3 games is make or break.

I hope Latapy is a humble person and a person who will ask for help if he needs to.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
Agree with some of it... I like the Fenwick Addition.. all your reasons for him being included i agree with

A former Jabloteh player told my dad that Maturana and his staff aren't as organised as Jabloteh...eg if Terry knows that Connection has a RB that can take a long throw he will include defending long throws in the the pre training and so on...

I would keep Brow as the GK coach and Wayne Lawson(or however his name is spelt) as the Fitness trainer and rid Lincoln of Technical Director and let him focus on the Women game and possibly Director of Youth Development... I would allow Stephen Hart as Technical Director

i'll stick with Vranes as U20 and U23 coach and Corneal as U17 and possibly U15 or La Foucade as U15 and any other lower age level

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 06:32:55 AM »
Agree with some of it... I like the Fenwick Addition.. all your reasons for him being included i agree with

A former Jabloteh player told my dad that Maturana and his staff aren't as organised as Jabloteh...eg if Terry knows that Connection has a RB that can take a long throw he will include defending long throws in the the pre training and so on...

I would keep Brow as the GK coach and Wayne Lawson(or however his name is spelt) as the Fitness trainer and rid Lincoln of Technical Director and let him focus on the Women game and possibly Director of Youth Development... I would allow Stephen Hart as Technical Director

i'll stick with Vranes as U20 and U23 coach and Corneal as U17 and possibly U15 or La Foucade as U15 and any other lower age level

How good is La Foucade, he does have good contacts, but I hear he cant coach ? not sure about that.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 07:05:19 AM »
Pros of Fenwick

Has managed Portsmouth

Cons of Fenwick

You have to start somewhere. In England they change coaches too fast.

Besides, Fenwick came along way from those days, he may not be a great coach, but he has definitely improved.

And he can develop young talents too, this is why Pompey wants to sign Britto and Hyland. Not to mention Peltier and Guerra all of San Juan Jabloteh and under Terry Fenwick, so he must be doing some good.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 07:41:49 AM »
The man almost single handedly developing all our best prospects ! Imagine if he leaves for another island  :-\.Am sure most might even give him a NT shot .Will we cry if that happens ?
The guy did everything as a club coach ......a NT assignment will obviously be a natural progression as a new challenge for him .
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:48:33 AM by Quagmire »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 08:04:03 AM »

good read, my two cents and to play devil's advocate

a) the number of strong personalities may cause some clash/friction: Latas, Terry, Yorke, Ato
b) it could only work if ahead of time it was agreed upon by all parties that Fenwick is #1, everyone else is #2 or below, but T&T football is no Utopia. Too many egos. Terry would have to be the man who makes the final call, he is the man they all have to listen to, no questions.
c) Latas and Yorke together are great for the team morale, but will they be fair or choose favourites?  Will they give the due respect to Fenwick? or will we have a situation like in 2001.  They have the most power I have seen any national have for T&T (and rightfully so); however,we can't have a situation of the cart pulling the horse.  It won't work.  I believe Latas has to be an ass't coach and if we don't have a replacement for him right now, then we don't have an opening for him.  (Nothing against Latas as head coach; I do wish him all the best and want to see him succeed)
d) I agree 100% with Shaka.  Hislop would be a GREAT addition to the program.  The man is proud of his nation, he has come through for us time after time, made us look good, has the experience, has the knowledge, well spoken, is humble and commands respect.  I hope he makes a return to the TTFF.
e) Jack Warner provides all necessary support ONLY when requested/needed.

whey boy!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 08:50:58 AM »
Jabloteh Under Fenwick

Professional League: 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008

FA Cup - 2005

Lucozade Sport Big Six: 2006, 2008

First Citizens Bank Cup: 2003

Pro Bowl: 2005, 2006

CFU Club Championship: 2003

Toyota Classic: 2008

Under-18: 2008+

Under-16: 2008+

Women's East Zone FA: 2008

Eddie Hart Women's Football League: 2008

Eddie Hart Women's Football League knockout: 2008

Under-18 Republic Bank Girls Cup: 2008

Note - Jabloteh 2008 Under-14 team were fourth in the Pro League, without losing a match.

I think I might be missing some. ?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:58:03 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »

Well if it was up to me, I would have already called players for training, as we don't have that much time. A possible 36/38 players for immidate training and have a few training sessions and a few friendly games before I choose my final 18. Then my final 18 must be named two weeks before we play CRC and try to settle a team as quickly as possible.

I like the following players;

GK - Clayton Ince, Anthony Warner - I wish Kelvin Jack was back from injury.

RB - Julius James, Cyd Gray.

CB - Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas. I hope Marvin Andrews is up to it because I really don't like Makan Hislop and Thomas can't play big games. I am not sure what kind of fitness Brent is in at the moment. I also got a report on him from a close source during his pre-season tour with his team (Rochester Raging Rhinos) and from reports, Brent has lost a few steps. Again, this is what I heard. I probably would have took a gamble with Robert Primus, Daneil Cyrus and Sheldon Bateau in a friendly game or 2.

LB - Avery John, Andrei Pacheco, there is also a good young player at W Connection in Joevin Jones

RW - Carlos Edwards, Lester Peltier

CM - Russell Latapy, Dwight Yorke, Keon Daniel, Atuallah Guerra

DM - Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Khaleem Hyland, Trent Noel

LW - Aklie Edwards, Kendall Jagdeosingh

CF - Kenwyne Jones, Stern John

LS - Cornell Glen, Jason Scotland

RS - Darryl Roberts

Bear in mind, Keon Daniel is a defensive liability and should be moved from left wing. Aklie is not a left back. Densill Theobald, Silvio Spann and Collin Samuel are three decent players, but they are very inconsistent. Jones is yet to impress. Not a big fan of Scott Sealy and Jason Scotland, but they deserve a chance like everyone else. And yes, Jason is VERY successful at club level, hopefully he'll bring that to T&T.

Also, I have not seen Nigel Henry, Yohance Marshall or Randi Patterson play in a while, so I really cannot make any comments on them. I will still call them up for training. Give everyone a last chance to impress.

So given the current situation, my final squad for "training" would be;

Goalkeepers
Clayton Ince, Marvin Phillip, Anthony Warner.

Defenders
Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas, Brent Sancho, Marvin Andrews, Robert Primus, Sheldon Bateau, Julius James, Cyd Gray, Osei Telesford, Avery John, Andrei Pacheco, Makan Hislop, Nigel Henry, Yohance Marshall.

Midfielders
Carlos Edwards, Russell Latapy, Dwight Yorke, Keon Daniel, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Khaleem Hyland, Atuallah Guerra, Anthony Wolfe, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Andre Boucaud, Aklie Edwards, Lester Peltier, Trent Noel, Densill Theobald, Silvio Spann, Collin Samuel, Leston Paul.

Forwards
Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Cornell Glen, Jason Scotland, Darryl Roberts, Scott Sealy, Randi Patterson.

Leave no stones unturn.

Calendar of events. (Subject to change, depends on Pro League Fixtures).

Training
April 25, 27, 29, 30, May 01, 03, 04 and 06

Friendly Games
May 14, 20, 22, 27 and June 02 with final 18 team.

W/Cup Q
June 06, 10
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:05:59 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 09:12:52 AM »
Flex dont you think the under 20 keeper should get a shot instead of Warner ? sense he might be the future .

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 09:17:05 AM »
Flex dont you think the under 20 keeper should get a shot instead of Warner ? sense he might be the future .

Well anything possible, but only one keeper can play and we have 4 experience ones in (Ince, Phillip, Warner and maybe Jan Michael Williams) so it would be hard to place Glenroy Samuel on the team, maybe to train, but cant see him making this team.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 09:35:18 AM »
will still be good for him doh ,same deal as Peltier and DeSilva get .

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »

Well if it was up to me, I would have already called players for training, as we don't have that much time. A possible 36/38 players for immidate training and have a few training sessions and a few friendly games before I choose my final 18. Then my final 18 must be named two weeks before we play CRC and try to settle a team as quickly as possible.

CB - Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas. I hope Marvin Andrews is up to it because I really don't like Makan Hislop and Thomas can't play big games. I am not sure what kind of fitness Brent is in at the moment. I also got a report on him from a close source during his pre-season tour with his team (Rochester Raging Rhinos) and from reports, Brent has lost a few steps. Again, this is what I heard. I probably would have took a gamble with Robert Primus and Sheldon Bateau in a friendly game or 2.

LB - Avery John, Andrei Pacheco

RS - Darryl Roberts

Bear in mind, Keon Daniel is a defensive liability and should be moved from left wing. Aklie is not a left back. Densill Theobald, Silvio Spann and Collin Samuel are three decent players, but they are very inconsistent. Jones is yet to impress. Not a big fan of Scott Sealy and Jason Scotland, but they deserve a chance like everyone else. And yes, Jason is VERY successful at club level, hopefully he'll bring that to T&T.

Also, I have not seen Nigel Henry, Yohance Marshall or Randi Patterson play in a while, so I really cannot make any comments on them. I will still call them up for training. Give everyone a last chance to impress.

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas, Brent Sancho, Marvin Andrews, Robert Primus, Sheldon Bateau, Julius James, Cyd Gray, Osei Telesford, Avery John, Andrei Pacheco, Makan Hislop, Nigel Henry, Yohance Marshall.

Midfielders
Carlos Edwards, Russell Latapy, Dwight Yorke, Keon Daniel, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Khaleem Hyland, Atuallah Guerra, Anthony Wolfe, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Andre Boucaud, Aklie Edwards, Lester Peltier, Trent Noel, Densill Theobald, Silvio Spann, Collin Samuel, Leston Paul.

Forwards
Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Cornell Glen, Jason Scotland, Darryl Roberts, Scott Sealy, Randi Patterson.

Leave no stones unturn.

Training

Friendly Games

W/Cup Q
June 06, 10

Very ambitious Flex and organised too. Something the TTFF don't have.

Hopefully they will be big men and do the right thing as its not about us or them but about T&T.

I wish people like yourself get the chance to assist T&T oneday.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 11:24:06 AM »
By the way.

I don't like Lincoln Phillips as TD anymore. And we cant get Stephen Hart. So we will have to get another TD.

Lincoln Phillips have been doing courses in T&T for coaches there, but where do they go from there ? how high is the level of coaching LP is training and what sort of input does he have on T&T football as I understand he is invisible to the TTFF.

I feel LP should be TD for a club team where he can really do what he is capable of doing and not for the TTFF as his work is unknown. Nice guy though, met him once, but maybe to nice for the TTFF ?

Can anyone post the accomplishment under LP. Maybe I need to refresh my memory. Now I am not doubting the guys ability, but his formula under the current TTFF is ... is... is... ?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 12:26:06 PM »

CB - Dennis Lawrence, Keyeno Thomas. I hope Marvin Andrews is up to it because I really don't like Makan Hislop and Thomas can't play big games. I am not sure what kind of fitness Brent is in at the moment. I also got a report on him from a close source during his pre-season tour with his team (Rochester Raging Rhinos) and from reports, Brent has lost a few steps. Again, this is what I heard. I probably would have took a gamble with Robert Primus and Sheldon Bateau in a friendly game or 2.

LB - Avery John, Andrei Pacheco

RS - Darryl Roberts

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Leave no stones unturn.

Training

Friendly Games

W/Cup Q
June 06, 10

If yuh trainin dates end on May 6th, how does that reconcile with the foreign based posse end of season.

For most of them, their season will end by May 3rd.  Hyland's season ends may 16th.  Darryl Roberts' season ends May 31.  The Sunderland players seasons will end on May 24th, and seeing that at this point, they're likely to be in the midst of a battle royale for EPL survival, it's unlikely that any of the 3 will be released to train with the National team before then. 

It's also unlikely that MLS will release Julius James or Avery John for "training" (if Avery does get signed by DC United as rumored).

In addition, the Pro League & USL will be in full swing at that time. 

The point is....it not easy to come up with a final 18 2 weeks before the CR game when key players missing for the vast majority of training.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 03:14:24 PM »

If yuh trainin dates end on May 6th, how does that reconcile with the foreign based posse end of season.

For most of them, their season will end by May 3rd.  Hyland's season ends may 16th.  Darryl Roberts' season ends May 31.  The Sunderland players seasons will end on May 24th, and seeing that at this point, they're likely to be in the midst of a battle royale for EPL survival, it's unlikely that any of the 3 will be released to train with the National team before then. 

It's also unlikely that MLS will release Julius James or Avery John for "training" (if Avery does get signed by DC United as rumored).

In addition, the Pro League & USL will be in full swing at that time. 

The point is....it not easy to come up with a final 18 2 weeks before the CR game when key players missing for the vast majority of training.

Yuh missing de point Palos. If we organised better most of these ideas can work and if it cant I am sure it can be modified.

The same way you pointed out some important parts we can now look into making adjustments.

Our Pro League start April 28. Those dates are just a "assuming" 'supposing" "idea" kinda stuff.

If there is a will, there is a way. Edwards, Jones, Yorke, Scotland (promotion play-off ?) and maybe Roberts (relegation battle) are the only set of players who might be affected for most parts. The American based players I am sure might be able to fly in for a game or two if we plan it right. Its all about planing.

I know it's not easy eh, but just trying to find some logical way forward. If we get 2 good ideas from 100 then at least we know 2 more things we didn't know that could assist us in the future.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:16:34 PM by Flex »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »
I wanted to start a new thread for this, but not really, so I will post it here as Flex mentioned it.

Dwight Yorke (our most successful and celebarted player ever), Kenwynne Jones (now), and Jason Scotland  have all been successful at their clubs, yet they struggle when they play for us. Is that their fault or is it lack of quality players on our team?

It is always amusing to me that people say that Scotland have/has/had/did get/got/gotten a chance and cannot provide, yet as soon as he leave us and return to club he strikes (which is very reminiscent of DY, and KJ at times). Recently even Stern John who is touted as the best ever, has dried up. Should we keep blaming the forwards, midfielders, defenders, Trinbagonian mentality or the tactics selected by the technical staff?

How then are we to motivate our forwards to produce for us at the international level? Should we discard players until we find "the one"? Or should we find different tactical methods when incorporating all our players? It is not as straightforward as some of us make it out to be, but is part of a more complex web of shortcomings within our footballing ranks. We all understand football to a certain level - some more than others - yet no one seems able to solve this problem. The defense and midfield some may say is our biggest problem, but the problems there can be readily picked out - so to our midfield. Our strength is in our attackers and yet our attackers has proven less than able on numerous occasions. What do we do? What should Jason Scotland do? What should Kenwynne Jones do? 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>