April 23, 2024, 05:06:54 AM

Author Topic: Juventus vs Inter  (Read 9833 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Juventus vs Inter
« on: April 18, 2009, 04:24:58 AM »
bring it  :challenge:

Serie A Preview: Juventus - Inter

The big one is back this weekend and although the title is all but Inter's, Juventus still have plenty to play for...

17 Apr 2009 15:17:18

The big Derby d'Italia showdown is back this weekend, but the appeal of the tie has had its gloss tarnished following the Bianconeri's loss to Genoa at the Marassi last week. The match against Jose Mourinho's Nerazzurri should have been a title decider this season, but a run of poor results has seen the importance of the game played down. Nothing more than three points are at stake this weekend for the Bianconeri.

With the gap against Inter standing at 10 points, it's fair to say that hopes of stitching the Scudetto on their shirts for next season have faded. Juventus are in trouble. Five points dropped in two matches have seen Inter tighten their grip on the Scudetto. A win on Saturday night will not do much for the Old Lady. Restoration of pride will count for nothing when the chances of seeing your bitter rivals lift the title once again are more realistic than ever before.

However, winning is winning, and though it may not bring a trophy to Vinovo this season, it will give the players much needed motivation and confidence to head into the business end of the season on a high. The Coppa Italia and an all-important second place finish are still up for grabs, and thus it is of paramount importance for Juve not to let their focus slip against the Inter resistance. The Bianconeri will need to look behind them as a loss could see Milan leap-frog them into second, thus meaning Ranieri's men may have to go through the unpopular Champions League preliminaries. After a decent season, it would be foolish for Juve to throw it all away. The players usually raise their game against Inter.

Juventus have the better head to head record against Inter having beaten them 74 times while losing on 42 occasions over their storied rivalry. The most recent defeat came in the reverse in Milan when a lucky Sulley Muntari tap-in saw the points head into Mourinho's pocket. This fixture ended 1-1 last year. Julio Cruz gave his side the lead in Turin, before Mauro Camoranesi restored parity. In their last six matches against the Nerazzurri, Juve have won three, lost twice and drawn once. It's time for Juve to raise the bar and rise to the challenge of giving the Milanese outfit a late season scare.

Inter March On

The Nerazzurri showed that not all teams of their grandeur and opulence are perfect against Palermo last week. After having taken the lead twice, Mourinho's side thought the game was won and stepped off the gas pedal. Edison Cavani and Davide Succi said thank you very much, and the game ended in a draw. Inter's coach was furious, and he will not be looking for the same outcome when he takes his side up the A4 Milano – Torino motorway.

Every Beneamata fan would love to boast having done the double over their famous rivals on their way to the title. A win against the Bianconeri will all but hand the trophy to the team. Apart from all the fighting on the pitch, there is likely to be a squabble or two between Mourinho and Ranieri. Many will remember the 'Special One's' 'Zero Titoli' rant back in February, but he will need to ensure his men are well prepared to ensure they do not end up with 'zero points' at the Olimpico.

In addition, there has been plenty of distraction with all the hype surrounding Adriano. The club are prepared to rescind the player's deal it seems, but they cannot let their focus slip like they did against the Rosanero or things could become complicated. Mourinho has thrown down the gauntlet to his players, demanding they win their next seven games, starting with Juventus.

Form Guide

Juventus

Apr 11: Genoa 3-2 Juventus

Apr 5: Juventus 3-3 Chievo Verona

Mar 21: Roma 1-4 Juventus

Mar 14: Juventus 4-1 Bologna

Mar 7: Torino 0-1 Juventus

Feb 28: Juventus 1-0 Napoli

Inter

Apr 11: Inter 2-2 Palermo

Apr 5: Udinese 0-1 Inter

Mar 22: Inter 3-2 Reggina

Mar 15: Inter 2-0 Fiorentina

Mar 7: Genoa 0-2 Inter

Mar 1: Inter 3-3 Roma

Team News

Juventus

Albin Ekdal and Alex Manninger trained aside from the rest of the squad on Wednesday. Amauri has returned to train with the rest of the players. Mohamed Sissoko still hasn't recovered from his foot operation while Hasan Salihamdzic is looking doubtful. Both Mauro Camoranesi and Claudio Marchisio are suspended for this game. Claudio Ranieri is likely to draft Christian Poulsen and Tiago in midfield to replace the Italian duo. Reports in the Italian media have suggested the coach will also leave Alessandro Del Piero on the bench.

Probable Starting XI 4-4-2: Buffon, Grygera, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro, Marchionni, Poulsen, Tiago, Nedved, Iaquinta, Trezeguet.

Inter

Amantino Mancini has returned to training three weeks after suffering a muscular strain against Reggina. Luis Jimenez, Victor Obinna and Maicon are all injured. Walter Samuel is looking doubtful, while troubled striker Adriano is still in Brazil. Julio Cesar has recovered and is in contention for a starting place against the Bianconeri. Mario Balotelli is likely to keep his place up front alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Probable Starting XI 4-3-1-2: Cesar, Santon, Cordoba, Chivu, Maxwell, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Muntari, Stankovic, Balotelli, Ibrahimovic.

Players To Watch

Juventus

Keep and eye on Gianluigi Buffon. The goalkeeper has conceded too many goals in his last two games. The critics have began to dig their nails in the Italian international. The former Parma man has plenty to prove if he is to silence them this week.

Inter

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has not scored against his former club in Serie A since leaving them in 2006 following the Calciopoli scandal. The big Sweden striker is itching to upset his former employers in an attempt to cause them more trouble, and fire his side further towards the title.

Prediction

The Derby d'Italia is one of the biggest fixtures on the Serie A calendar. Pride and points are at stake and neither team will be willing to give up without putting up a decent fight first. A win is unlikely to blow open the title race, but it will give Juve the confidence for the final season's push. Inter head to Turin knowing the significance a win would have upon their march towards the Tricolore. Expect a tight game. Juve will not crumble like they did against Genoa, neither will the Nerazzurri like last week. A draw is on the cards in this one, but  don't be surprised if the Bianconeri prevail.

Juventus 2-2 Inter

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Juventus vs Inter
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:25:16 PM »
balotelli looking for somebody to buss he head yes.....

anyways, is good thing he in football, cause i feel he woulda be a thug

game going good.....

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:57:01 PM »
balotelli looking for somebody to buss he head yes.....

anyways, is good thing he in football, cause i feel he woulda be a thug

game going good.....

He just score.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »
What a goal by Inter!

Counter Attackin football at it's best!  I kinda likin dis Mario Balotelli fella.  Dey say he is 18 years old but he lookin older dan dat to me.  Fuss time I seein him...he have real touches.  Excellent finish too.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 02:10:04 PM »
What a goal by Inter!

Counter Attackin football at it's best!  I kinda likin dis Mario Balotelli fella.  Dey say he is 18 years old but he lookin older dan dat to me.  Fuss time I seein him...he have real touches.  Excellent finish too.
He real graceful for a tall man. He could run and he not selfish. He also used to take majority of corners and freekicks whenever he played last season. Watch him good.

He lil ignorant though.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »
What a goal by Inter!

He real graceful for a tall man. He could run and he not selfish. He also used to take majority of corners and freekicks whenever he played last season. Watch him good.

He lil ignorant though.

He definitely on my radar now.  Thanx fuh de info.  Now readin on Wikipedia dat he was adopted by de Balotelli family from Ghanaian parents.  Italy have a PLAYER dey.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 02:22:28 PM »
Missed this thread somehow.

Real goof flowing move by Inter to score.

Nice to see Figo out there as well.

Muntari real playing like a boss.

And as I type June have equalised.

Més que un club.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 02:34:58 PM »
What a goal by Inter!

He lil ignorant though.

lil?

:rotfl:

nah boy....he real ignorant....he go fit in good at arsenal  :devil:
but he have real skills though.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
Ah hoping for a 3peat. with mih 3 teams. Chelsea, Inter and .Real M  in that order....
Palos ah glad you like Balo, but he still not doing it for me, especially vs Man U he just wasn't up to mark...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »
Ah hoping for a 3peat. with mih 3 teams. Chelsea, Inter and .Real M  in that order....
Palos ah glad you like Balo, but he still not doing it for me, especially vs Man U he just wasn't up to mark...

He's 18 Samo.  8)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 03:44:23 PM »
more arrogant than ignorant IMO.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »
Every move the man make, the commentator dropping the "arrogant" word, even when he just making great plays.  As a black child going through the experiences he likely has had in Italy, of all friggin' places, he probably have no choice but to BE arrogant, ignorant or whatever.  (and anybody that been called all kindsa names right here in the state's playin' against dem white boys know what ah talkin' 'bout).  Black man in europe hadda deal wit all kinda abuse. ssssssteups!   Let de boy be as "arrogant" as he need to be oui! He's a boss player.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Juventus fans hurl racial slurs at Inter's Balotelli
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 03:53:44 PM »
Inter president Moratti condemns racial slurs

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9476892/Inter-president-Moratti-condemns-racial-slurs

MILAN (AP) - An Italian league sports judge ordered Juventus on Monday to play a match behind closed doors because of the racist insults hurled by fans at Inter striker Mario Balotelli during a Serie A match.

League Judge Gianpaolo Tosel issued the ruling two days after Saturday's match at Turin's Olympic stadium, the ANSA news agency reported.

Balotelli, who scored Inter's goal in the 1-1 draw with Juventus, was the subject of repeated racial slurs and chants during the match.

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti said he would have pulled the Italian league leaders off the field had he been at the stadium.

"What I find terrible is that these chants were sung by at least four-fifths of the stadium," Moratti was quoted as saying Monday in Corriere della Sera.

"Had I been at the stadium, at a certain point I would have left my seat in the stands, I would have gone down on the field and pulled out the team," he said. "There must be a limit.

Balotelli was born in Palermo, the son of Ghanian immigrants. At 18, he is considered one of the game's most promising talents.

Moratti lamented that the media had not given enough prominence to the racial incident, saying that there is a risk of "getting used to racism."

Juventus has apologized, condemning the racial chants also on "on behalf of the overwhelming majority of our fans."

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said that "there can be no alibi or justification."

The team risks a fine or other sanctions from the Italian football authorities.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Juventus fans hurl racial slurs at Inter's Balotelli
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »
Iz funny how the most virulent racists in Europe come from the "off-white" or Mediterranean countries.

Dey must be still vex that they have that Moorish blood in them.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »
Racism sucks people still can't grow up 4/5 of the Stadium was involve in that wow, this really needs to end they should forfeit games when these things occur to this magnitude steups...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 05:24:19 PM »
Juventus to appeal against one-match stadium ban

In last Saturday's match in Turin between Juventus and Inter, there was a deplorable display of racism on the part of the home fans as they continuously jeered Nerazzurri starlet Mario Balotelli, who scored the opening goal in a 1-1 draw, whenever he touched the ball.

The Italian FA decided to make the Bianconeri play one home match behind closed doors as punishment. However, the club have decided to lodge an appeal against this decision.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 05:35:15 PM »
At least we have to start somewhere and at least the boards of Inter and Juve have voiced their disapproval and condemned the crowds reactions, unlike the entire Spanish Federation .. which makes it hard for me to 100% support Spanish clubs.

I also applaud them on calling out the press for their lack of concern in reporting this news. It's ironic that it also occurred on the same weekend when the US and several "allies" refused to partake in a UN convention on racism because it singled out Israel.

Racism is everyone's problem - both those affected and unaffected. Europe has a way of condemning the US for its racial past, when in fact most of those racists are descedants of European ancestors who passed along the baton of bigotry.

Hopefully the next step of Inter, Juve and Italian football can be to act on behalf of their teams and supporters and implement a program similar to EPLs "Red card on Racism", albeit Italy is an entirely different beast with various groups of Ultras, but at the same time no different from when English club support was overrun with their groups of hooligans.

As for Balotelli himself, I believe he will be unaffected by it in the overall scheme of things = if anything, it will inspire him to be more ruthless infront of goal. As someone pointed out on another thread (Inter vs Juve I believe) that he has an almost arrogant perception about him which could be a result of being a minority growing up in Italy and possibly having to overcome racism his whole life. I'm not sure how much truth there is in that, but I don't think it's a far fetched idea. As we would say in Trinidad, "Balotelli back broad."
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 05:16:29 AM »
Racism sucks people still can't grow up 4/5 of the Stadium was involve in that wow, this really needs to end they should forfeit games when these things occur to this magnitude steups...

it wasn't no 4/5! whaere u see that anywhere?!

and allyuh better go & read my posts in the serie A thread before allyuh start to criticize about what u doh no

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 06:08:10 AM »
ppl just need to realize that Balotelli being an arrogant idiot has nothing to do with color or race, daiz just how HE is.
(Muslim)

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 07:52:10 AM »
ppl just need to realize that Balotelli being an arrogant idiot has nothing to do with color or race, daiz just how HE is.

Yeah, just like C. Ronaldo, right?
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »

and allyuh better go & read my posts in the serie A thread before allyuh start to criticize about what u doh no

He may not have read your post, but he did read this:
"What I find terrible is that these chants were sung by at least four-fifths of the stadium," Moratti was quoted as saying Monday in Corriere della Sera.

That quote can be found in Sobriquet's post where he posted an article in which Inter president Moratti gave his views on the game and the racial slurs chanted at Balotelli.

Whether or not it actually was 4/5's of the stadium that engaged in it might be up for debate, but the incident did happen and it was serious enough for Juve to receive a one home match restriction where they have to play the match behind closed doors.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 09:42:53 AM »

He may not have read your post, but he did read this:

That quote can be found in Sobriquet's post where he posted an article in which Inter president Moratti gave his views on the game and the racial slurs chanted at Balotelli.

Whether or not it actually was 4/5's of the stadium that engaged in it might be up for debate, but the incident did happen and it was serious enough for Juve to receive a one home match restriction where they have to play the match behind closed doors.

fair enuff, but u will really listen to the rat about issues wit juve? come on man, da is like asking manning about panday. of course he will exaggerate

i not sayin i doh agree wit d ban yuh no. ask any juve fan, they wud not disagree wit d punishment. is just d doublt standards for inter & juve.

next time ANY team in serie a is found guilty i hope it results in the same if not worse penalty
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:45:52 AM by scarface »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »

Might be true, but how do you know that?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 10:29:46 AM »
fair enuff, but u will really listen to the rat about issues wit juve? come on man, da is like asking manning about panday. of course he will exaggerate

i not sayin i doh agree wit d ban yuh no. ask any juve fan, they wud not disagree wit d punishment. is just d doublt standards for inter & juve.

next time ANY team in serie a is found guilty i hope it results in the same if not worse penalty

Yes, I did leave the 4/5's open for debate since Moratti was the source. However, that is a minor point and hardly worth debating since enough of the crowd did participate so that it was easily heard. The issue goes beyond Juve or Inter, it speaks directly to a type of behavior that is far too prevelant in this time of globalisation. It just so happened that this time it was Juve supporters so that is who will be discussed. Racism goes beyond club rivalries, it goes beyond the game of football itself and that is why this is a big deal. As I said, this time around it just happened to be Juve fans at the heart of the matter, rather than this being about Juve.

UEFA response
This might highlight a bit more of the issue at hand.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »
I wonder if Moratti also wanted to pull his team off the pitch a few years ago when Inter supporters pulled the same kind of crap...

Zoro storms off after Inter supporters' racist chanting
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 10:42:51 AM »

Easy there Tonto...

You pull him out he mother birth canal to know "daiz just how HE is"?  All of us are the sum of our experiences... you didn't walk in dat yute shoes growing up in Palermo to know what he experienced that may have contributed to him being who he is today.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »

You pull him out he mother birth canal to know "daiz just how HE is"?  All of us are the sum of our experiences... you didn't walk in dat yute shoes growing up in Palermo to know what he experienced that may have contributed to him being who he is today.

u have a valid point there, but just remember your words the next time u feel the need to belittle and cuss other people on the forum.  :beermug:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:13:21 PM by sammy »
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »

Yeah, just like C. Ronaldo, right?

that wasnt a shot at inter breds, so u cud leave u lil rivalry/ jealously thoughts about Utd out of this.

I doh like how balotelli does act as a youth man. He could be serious about his game without all that confrontational crap. Look at how (for example) Essien does play he game.....real serious, real intense, but yet there is a clear difference in his attitude.

I hope the boy not like that outside the field nah. he reminding me of some of those ignorant youths yuh does bounce up down here. Yeah life was probably hard for them as youths, but thats no reason to grow up opposing and bullying ppl.
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »
What a goal by Inter!

He lil ignorant though.

He definitely on my radar now.  Thanx fuh de info.  Now readin on Wikipedia dat he was adopted by de Balotelli family from Ghanaian parents.  Italy have a PLAYER dey.
yeah, his life story is a very interesting read

and with most people who have great talent, other people mistake their aura as ignorant/arrogant
personally that is how i had viewed Drogba until he was being interviewed and I forced myself to listen to what he had to say and he was able to turn me around............
I now fraid listen to an interview by CR7 :devil:

I wonder if this is just a result of basic human nature, when we are involved in competition against someone else, where we ALL look for differences and after some time has passed it has percolated into something that is not pleasant.
you know rivalries between
different schools, towns, and like in TnT they also have north/south.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:33:26 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 01:22:19 PM »
the following is the responses of both the juventus fans involved and the rat. now allyuh tell me the difference in the highlighted parts.....steups! he just full of shit. like calciopoli was enuff money well spent

Ultras to Balotelli: "We're not racist"     
Tuesday 21 April, 2009

The Juventus ultras group Drughi have released a statement explaining why their insults towards Mario Balotelli “were not racism and we won’t apologise.”

The club has been hit by a one-match ban behind closed doors after supporters in the Curva Filadelfia
Juve released a statement apologising for this behaviour, but now the Drughi Ultras have issued their own Press release.

“We will not apologise to Balotelli, because the chants against him were a response to his provocation and general attitude on the pitch and not with regards to his origins,” announced the Drughi-Juventus Club Curva Filadelfia.

“This is evident by the fact that his teammates Patrick Vieira and Sulley Muntari were not even jeered at all.

“For years now in almost every stadium Juve are greeted by chants of ‘Liverpool, Liverpool’, while the names of (deceased former players) Gaetano Scirea, Riccardo Neri, Alessio Ferramosca and Daniele Fortunato have been used and abused in every conceivable way, yet the media was never indignant about that.

“Racism is nothing to do with this and it was only a way, albeit debatable, to make our opponent lose his concentration,” insisted the Drughi group of fans.

“We would like to point out in our squad is an ‘ebony icon’ Momo Sissoko, who we hold in our hearts and are proud that he wears our shirt.

“This is why we do not feel the need to apologise. Juve-Lecce will be played behind closed doors because it had already been decided.

“Instead of a lesson in efficiency and because you cannot warn an entire stadium, the authorities opted for the radical solution.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the rat defeninding his team at all costs
Tuesday 21 April, 2009

Inter chief Massimo Moratti hints Juventus’ appeal in the Mario Balotelli racism row could be “a contradiction.”

The Nerazzurri player was subjected to racist chants from the fans during Saturday’s Derby d’Italia in Turin, earning Juve one game played behind closed doors.

The club is now appealing against the decision, despite releasing an official statement apologising for the behaviour of its supporters.

“That can seem like a contradiction, but it is not our intention to damage the club,” stated Moratti. “We just wanted to highlight how serious the incident was.

“When a similar incident happened to us with Zoro, we backed the player immediately. Unfortunately these incidents can happen in any stadium and must be condemned, taking action against them.”

Messina defender Marco Zoro attempted to walk off the field during a match on November 27 2005 after receiving racist abuse from the Inter fans in the stadium.

“The trouble is that the rules on how to deal with these situations is unclear. We need to work out a system where the captains are called together.”

Juventus are not generally known for racist chanting, but repeatedly picked on Balotelli, who many players have accused of “provoking” opponents.

“These are to separate but parallel things. The behaviour of a player may seem irritating or not, but it’s another matter to insult him in this way.”

It is slightly different to the approach Moratti took back in April 2006, when Zoro’s Messina played at San Siro and the defender was singled out for insults all the way through the game.

“In this case racism is not part of it, it was just an exhibition of stupidity from a group of people who thought they were unjustly punished for what happened in the first leg,”
the Inter President told the Corriere della Sera three years ago.

“This is why I absolutely do not fear we’ll be ordered to play behind closed doors. The ultra’ were insulting one person, not his race.”

1]; } ?>