June 16, 2024, 05:52:56 AM

Author Topic: Indo-Trinbago Equality Council  (Read 7382 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Indo-Trinbago Equality Council
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 04:42:02 PM »
I don't have issue with them voicing there concerns about the proportion of the Indian aspect of TT culture. This is not the first and will not be the last. But like someone mentioned that MCFarlane had so much to put into this show. Only 45 mins to an hour to show the richness of TT Caribbean culture. it was his choice to say what goes or what stays.

I am almost sure if this was the Panday admin. there would have definitely been a more substantial Indian story in the cultural show. Cultural performance depicting TT life must have or should have substantial and meaningful portrayal of Indian life. It is not like they are 5 ot 10 percent of the population.

But I-PEC call to boycott MacFarlane will be counter productive. I don't thing Mcfarlane is anti-Indian. His concepts tend to be more Euro-Afro-creole. Did he not do an Indian portrayal 3 yrs ago.

TT still has not resolve the cultural differences between the 2 major races. We should sit down and have a serious conversation about culture, so the next big event, we can have a more balanced perspective. Anyway the Commonwealth meeting coming up, so the next person who presenting the show could consult with Indo cultural people to present a more balanced show. But I thought the show on Friday was fantastic.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 05:57:38 PM »
MacFarlane is an artist of Minshall proportions. Dem kinda men believe is artistic integrity.  I am not sure that he would have received instructions from any politician or technocrat about his presentation apart from perhaps a basic outline.  Any other administration who hired MacFarlane would have gotten the same thing out of him, I feel. Devant Maharaj just mischievous.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »
I don't have issue with them voicing there concerns about the proportion of the Indian aspect of TT culture. This is not the first and will not be the last. But like someone mentioned that MCFarlane had so much to put into this show. Only 45 mins to an hour to show the richness of TT Caribbean culture. it was his choice to say what goes or what stays.

I am almost sure if this was the Panday admin. there would have definitely been a more substantial Indian story in the cultural show. Cultural performance depicting TT life must have or should have substantial and meaningful portrayal of Indian life. It is not like they are 5 ot 10 percent of the population.

But I-PEC call to boycott MacFarlane will be counter productive. I don't thing Mcfarlane is anti-Indian. His concepts tend to be more Euro-Afro-creole. Did he not do an Indian portrayal 3 yrs ago.

TT still has not resolve the cultural differences between the 2 major races. We should sit down and have a serious conversation about culture, so the next big event, we can have a more balanced perspective. Anyway the Commonwealth meeting coming up, so the next person who presenting the show could consult with Indo cultural people to present a more balanced show. But I thought the show on Friday was fantastic.

I would agree that there could have been greater indian culture elements eh, but why is it so important to absolutely quantify dat element, why should artistic license be compromised to cater to some spurious notion of equality which would amount to little more than "fillin ah quota", I cant understand why a people that have achieved so much, can have such fragile egos.
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »

That is real racism you dealing wid now! is the same ting the white man does say in europe and the world over, fack black , indian , asians and anything that not white! the old ppl was right when they said, do so doh like so!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:06:41 PM by E-man »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline shatta

• JAMAICA TO DI WORLD!. WHERE BROOKLYN AT!
  • Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »
there are alot of indian in JA, but because our population is large it gets over shadow. and most of these indians are also newly ones from indian, and they have never been treated bad by blacks. and base on what my trini friends tell me i get the feel that indians in trinidad and guyana tend to be very racist. and to me they both look alike is only the hair may be different they all have dark skin so i do not understant this race mined. if indians carry race to th table all the time, they should also ready to be on the reseaving end also! ;) 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
i doh relly fuss bout racism in trinidad i does giv evrybody d benefit ah d doubt..i deal wit it as it i see it..my las gyal was a rel sweet indian and i coulda see d dhal turn in some indians bellies..doh phase me..ppl shud love ppl..we all go look d same wen we jibbin underground

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 07:09:13 PM »
Whether I-TEC and them only want to cause mischief is beside the point. We live side by side(thanks to the Brits) with Indian people in TT. Some of us has varying degrees of India blood(cohabitation and marriage). We must make an honest attempt to straighten out our real or percieved insecurities. JA experience with Indians are different from ours. The Indo population is small. If the pop. was 45 to 55 % they would be singing a different tune.

Offline shatta

• Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 07:35:47 PM »
i understand, but there should not be racism in the caribbean, if you look at jamaica priministers in the pass we have a women, syrean, black, white and so on.am not saing no where is perfect, because you still have prejudis. but if we are going to tell the world how beautiful the caribean is and how divers our people are and then behine the sene we are hating each other it makes no sense. TT an JA has rivalry, hate each other,but not in a bad way. not in a way where you do not see them do good, because as jamaicans we love compitition. and i always tell myself that if you are going to bare some one from getting a good education or a good job, so they cannot be competitive, then you going to say you the best. thats not equal compitition at all. am not a races, but guesss what, if you be races to me or any one of my decent am going to return the faver. i am happy its not like that in jamaica, becuse that would have cause escalating violence on the opposite race.     

Offline shatta

• Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »
son, mine you self you may going in something you dont want to ;). even if i get banned it is easy to make a million profile with different emails. ;)

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 07:49:19 PM »
son, mine you self you may going in something you dont want to ;). even if i get banned it is easy to make a million profile with different emails. ;)

f**k you asshole1  I hate racists..all...black white chinee, indian and yuh overstep de boundaries here!   I say so...f**k OFF!

I say ban yuh nasty c**t!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 07:54:15 PM »
Guys,
            Leh we tone down the expletive "bombs" we throwing at one another. Shatta, I see way you coming from. As pertain to Trini, Guyana and to lesser extent Suriname, those countries culture still evolving. What it going to be like 25 yrs from now depends on how much trust and civility we put in each other. If the people remain hostile to one another:  chaos. If there is civil and genuine discourse: harmony and probably more Douglah chirren.

Offline shatta

• Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »
cooly fool go suck yu madda big p**sy hole. go gow some d*ck so you could at least f**k some thing. i do not f**k half, any thing must be a whole. bring yu sista mek mi bussup ar p**sy. and lear to dress before yu talk to mi. you is a races to but you a try hide it behine the computer. and well thon to the people who organieze the ceromoney at the summit ;)

truetrini

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 07:59:23 PM »
cooly fool go suck yu madda big p**sy hole. go gow some d*ck so you could at least f**k some thing. i do not f**k half, any thing must be a whole. bring yu sista mek mi bussup ar p**sy. and lear to dress before yu talk to mi. you is a races to but you a try hide it behine the computer. and well thon to the people who organieze the ceromoney at the summit ;)

boy haul yuh stink cunny eh...hiding.?  steups racist is what you are you nasty f**ker..doh come ehre trying to cause more diaharmony with yuh racist asshole chat...go f**k ah beef patty

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »
i understand, but there should not be racism in the caribbean, if you look at jamaica priministers in the pass we have a women, syrean, black, white and so on.am not saing no where is perfect, because you still have prejudis. but if we are going to tell the world how beautiful the caribean is and how divers our people are and then behine the sene we are hating each other it makes no sense. TT an JA has rivalry, hate each other,but not in a bad way. not in a way where you do not see them do good, because as jamaicans we love compitition. and i always tell myself that if you are going to bare some one from getting a good education or a good job, so they cannot be competitive, then you going to say you the best. thats not equal compitition at all. am not a races, but guesss what, if you be races to me or any one of my decent am going to return the faver. i am happy its not like that in jamaica, becuse that would have cause escalating violence on the opposite race.     
ok
I hear you
but as I have asked other fellas from Jamaica on this same forum
why does the society as a whole encourage beating up homosexual people
you ent find that very violent

we may have very opposing ideas but no body in Trinidad and Tobago promote violence at least I have not heard about any
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:21:38 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline shatta

• Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »
it just depence on where, becuse at my high shool that i use to attend there were gays and no one had violence agains any. and for me personal i have notting agains gays, as long as they do not come to me with thier gay stuff.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:46:26 PM by shatta »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »
This thread is only causing division based out of racism and is rather counter productive.
T&T can't survive without Indo-Trinbagonians
T&T can't survive without Afro-Trinbagonians

Our nation built on our diverse culture or else we go have another Guyana or another Jamaica.  We don't want either of that.  Get over all of allyuh selves.

frankly I am f-ing tired yes.  How a small population like ours expect to succeed  survive with division going on? Tired I tell you.

I doh understand how the thread doing that. If anything to me ITEC causing dat. I just wanted to highlight how easy persons can make an issue when it eh really have any. Well dahs how i see it. I could be wrong. I just find it very difficult to believe he is concerned with equality and unity and going about it in this manner. Dahs why i said...."discuss". Thus far..i would think that most persons experiencing the same difficulty i am.

Ent one ass wrong with de thread... these are the things we need to be talking about if we ever hope to move past them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »
I would agree that there could have been greater indian culture elements eh, but why is it so important to absolutely quantify dat element, why should artistic license be compromised to cater to some spurious notion of equality which would amount to little more than "fillin ah quota", I cant understand why a people that have achieved so much, can have such fragile egos.

I will ask you as I asked Babalawo... given that each ethnicity had to be represented in the chronological manner that they contributed to TnT culture.. what more should McFarlane have shown?

Should the Chinese, Syrian, "local white" and payol and dem be complaining too?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2009, 08:53:15 PM »

I will ask you as I asked Babalawo... given that each ethnicity had to be represented in the chronological manner that they contributed to TnT culture.. what more should McFarlane have shown?

All he show was some black ppl chopping some indian in they foot .i like WTF

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2009, 09:25:53 PM »

That is what is concerning me. Again, like we have no real problems so we making some up as we go along. Maybe he should have given the European influence less time? Maybe they could have cut Rudder or Machel out of the programme and maybe include Ravi B or Hunter? I mean, how do we quantify artistic expression.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »

You need to adjust de color setting on yuh TV b/c the people dressed as sugarcane was actually black.  So if anything it show black people getting chop in dey foot.  Dis is how I know some ah allyuh just looking fuh blasted talk.

Right after that they bring out de Shiv Shakti dancers and some tassa drummers.  What next dey was supposed to do... light deya and pelt abeer?

That is what is concerning me. Again, like we have no real problems so we making some up as we go along. Maybe he should have given the European influence less time? Maybe they could have cut Rudder or Machel out of the programme and maybe include Ravi B or Hunter? I mean, how do we quantify artistic expression.

this is why yuh see I asking question before ah start lambasting man... because I siddung and watch dat from beginning to end and my pores was standing up b/c de man hit every note. If people want to argue Tony Prescott or Machel... maybe.  But within that artistic context I understand what McFarlane was doing... "All Aboard" was used to take the audience on a Caribbean cruise (the narrator even said something to that effect) as they explored the cultures represented in TnT.  Machel's "We Not Giving" up for it's obvious inspirational quality.

People acting like McFarlane siddung and decide to deliberately marginalize Indian culture in the show... which I just don't see.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »
Think homie lonely and reaching out for friends jed .........either that or he have multiple personalities.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2009, 10:26:42 PM »
Like d textbook communist dem Indian lovers eh goin India if it reach d bocas. So LOUDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 10:30:21 PM »
I thought the scence the depicting the cane cutters was real imaginative. Overall the the show was fantastic!!! Holloywood could not do better!!!!!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:04 PM »
it was satire deeks .

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
I doh feel like meh Carib ancestry was adequately represented  >:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 10:37:20 PM »

I agree so tell yuh decendants 2 boycott d band next yr. D same 4 d chinese dem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:47 PM »
Man stop vex it up the damn tread with yah hate nah steuppsss.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 11:04:13 PM »

Trini Indians not Black ??? Well I shock. What are we? I use to think that we are black.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »
f**k off elan ...damn stalkers lol

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2009, 11:14:32 PM »
I can't see what the problem is as Mr. McFarlane depicted the history and/or events that influenced the growth of Trinidad and Tobago . If you all want to see Indians and African I suggest you all check these out.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>