April 23, 2024, 04:14:55 PM

Author Topic: Indo-Trinbago Equality Council  (Read 7116 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Indo-Trinbago Equality Council
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
Yes...its real....

Indo-Trinbago Equality Council or i-Tec [pronounced eye-tech] founded by Devant Maharaj in 2008 was established in Trinidad & Tobago. ITEC is an advocacy group working to identify and eliminate racial and religious discrimination, reduce inequality and inequality of opportunity, protect human rights and build good relations, while ensuring that everyone is given a fair chance to participate in society.

The i-Tec Vision: A society built on fairness and respect. People confident in all aspects of their diversity.

The i-Tec Mission: Independently advocate for equality and human rights in Trinidad & Tobago. The Council aims to reduce inequality, eliminate discrimination, strengthen good relations between people, and promote and protect human rights.

The Council uses influence and the law to ensure that equality of treatment remains at the top of agendas for government and employers, media and society. ITEC plans to campaign for social change and justice. Developing an evidence-based understanding of the causes and effects of inequality for people across Trinidad and Tobago, the Council hopes to be a voice for reform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Trinbago_Equality_Council

:-\

More bout the founder here . Interesting that the page omitted the furor that was created with his suggestion to reduce crime.

But that aside.....wha allyuh think? Discuss.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:36:03 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

Re: Indo-Trinbago Equality Council
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
nutten to discuss, he could go Canada and claim he is ah refugee like de rest ah dem indians who did so!

Imagine Trinidad where they had an indian PM still hav racial troubles...steups..what de f**k is next?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
Funny that a group whose mission is supposedly to promote racial harmony and "equality for all", chooses to define itself with an ethnic identifier.  What... Trinbago Equality Council was already taken?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
Funny that a group whose mission is supposedly to promote racial harmony and "equality for all", chooses to define itself with an ethnic identifier.

Hypocrisy at its finest ... he should go back to India, he sound like he missing it bad.

T&T welcomes back...the King

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »
hear nah, Hindu's in T&T does suffer racism...I know dat!

My problem is dat dem deyself does practice racism!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 03:21:10 PM »
Racism begets racism

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:28:21 PM »
Read wikipedia articles on Basdeo Panday and Patrick Manning. The make Panday sound like a victim.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »
They could go find wuk in Guyana.

f**k them  :devil:

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 01:58:45 AM »
Funny that a group whose mission is supposedly to promote racial harmony and "equality for all", chooses to define itself with an ethnic identifier.

Hypocrisy at its finest ... he should go back to India, he sound like he missing it bad.
dont worry allyuh beloved crime minister Manning guh drive all di indian outta Trinidad.. He done close dung Caroni , next in line is the rum shop . then he guh ban roti and doubles soon too...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 10:08:24 AM »
It gets better

Calling on Indo-Trinidadians to boycott bandleader Brian MacFarlane's Carnival production next year, the Indo-Trinbago Equality Council (ITEC) said yesterday that the masman had failed to include Indian cultural items in the cultural programme of the Fifth Summit of the Americas.

ITEC chairman Devant Maharaj said that the East Indian population was disgusted by the cultural presentation that gave pre-eminence to French and English cultures over East Indian culture that has become a part of the mainstream culture of Trinidad and Tobago.

"MacFarlane has done a grave disservice to our nation with this warp and distorted mono-chromatic presentation of Trinidad and Tobago to the international community," he said.

He said that MacFarlane, as artistic director of the summit's cultural programmes, showed a lack of appreciation for the Indian component of the country's cultural mosaic.

Maharaj called on the Indian community to boycott MacFarlane's Carnival offerings for his "insult" to the Indian community.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
 :rotfl:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 10:30:01 AM »
What is yuh is ah Douglar like Fish and mehself???

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:22 AM »
Clearly we have no problems in T&T if our citizens feel the need to go about creating them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »
It gets better

Calling on Indo-Trinidadians to boycott bandleader Brian MacFarlane's Carnival production next year, the Indo-Trinbago Equality Council (ITEC) said yesterday that the masman had failed to include Indian cultural items in the cultural programme of the Fifth Summit of the Americas.

ITEC chairman Devant Maharaj said that the East Indian population was disgusted by the cultural presentation that gave pre-eminence to French and English cultures over East Indian culture that has become a part of the mainstream culture of Trinidad and Tobago.

"MacFarlane has done a grave disservice to our nation with this warp and distorted mono-chromatic presentation of Trinidad and Tobago to the international community," he said.

He said that MacFarlane, as artistic director of the summit's cultural programmes, showed a lack of appreciation for the Indian component of the country's cultural mosaic.

Maharaj called on the Indian community to boycott MacFarlane's Carnival offerings for his "insult" to the Indian community.

I coulda swear I see ah whole segment on the Indentured workers in the cane field, along with the Shiv Shakti dancers... and tassa drumming at various points.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »
It gets better

I coulda swear I see ah whole segment on the Indentured workers in the cane field, along with the Shiv Shakti dancers... and tassa drumming at various points.

is d victim complex doh take it on
I pity the fool....

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »
Are u guys doing this on purpose ,sense I sold my soap box  :-X ,organic u see am being nonchalant rite .

lemme go here and tell ppl there over reacting
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=43543.0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:37:53 AM by Quagmire »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »
yea it could of had more indian dancing and tassa because it looked more 80% african, compare to the country of 42% indian, but Davain have to understand Mcfarlene's dance company/ mas camp is full of african people. those people were danceing with him for years, and are loyal to him. so he cant bring in outside indian people dry so.  McFarlene get 13 million dollars to produce so he cant bring too many in outside people , that will mess up the chemistry and flow. He also had to bring in some tobago wedding dancers just to blend in also. I dont see the tobago people complaining bout the lil bligh they get. its better than none.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 11:44:10 AM »
yea it could of had more indian dancing and tassa because it looked more 80% african, compare to the country of 42% indian, but Davain have to understand Mcfarlene's dance company/ mas camp is full of african people. those people were danceing with him for years, and are loyal to him. so he cant bring in outside indian people dry so.  McFarlene get 13 million dollars to produce so he cant bring too many in outside people , that will mess up the chemistry and flow. He also had to bring in some tobago wedding dancers just to blend in also. I dont see the tobago people complaining bout the lil bligh they get. its better than none.

what aspects of the performance constituted this "80% african" you talking about?

Are you talking about the performances that were actually showcased or are you talking about the ethnic make-up of the 750 performers?

-------------------------

Quagmire if yuh have something to say then say it...

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »
This thread is only causing division based out of racism and is rather counter productive.
T&T can't survive without Indo-Trinbagonians
T&T can't survive without Afro-Trinbagonians

Our nation built on our diverse culture or else we go have another Guyana or another Jamaica.  We don't want either of that.  Get over all of allyuh selves.

frankly I am f-ing tired yes.  How a small population like ours expect to succeed  survive with division going on? Tired I tell you.
whey boy!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
Me eh have nothing to say  ;D ,when I went trini everybody was really cool and nice .
lefty kinda irritate me doh and forever trini mostly .
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:53:40 AM by Quagmire »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
Me eh have nothing to say  ;D ,when I went trini everybody was really cool and nice .
lefty kinda irritate me doh and forever trini mostly .

wit what
I pity the fool....

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 11:59:30 AM »
that stupid looking hat of yours  ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 12:01:43 PM »
ahh!
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »
ahh!

:rotfl: Would you like to buy an "O"
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 01:19:04 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »
This thread is only causing division based out of racism and is rather counter productive.
T&T can't survive without Indo-Trinbagonians
T&T can't survive without Afro-Trinbagonians

Our nation built on our diverse culture or else we go have another Guyana or another Jamaica.  We don't want either of that.  Get over all of allyuh selves.

frankly I am f-ing tired yes.  How a small population like ours expect to succeed  survive with division going on? Tired I tell you.

I doh understand how the thread doing that. If anything to me ITEC causing dat. I just wanted to highlight how easy persons can make an issue when it eh really have any. Well dahs how i see it. I could be wrong. I just find it very difficult to believe he is concerned with equality and unity and going about it in this manner. Dahs why i said...."discuss". Thus far..i would think that most persons experiencing the same difficulty i am.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »

ITEC chairman Devant Maharaj said that the East Indian population was disgusted by the cultural presentation that gave pre-eminence to French and English cultures over East Indian culture that has become a part of the mainstream culture of Trinidad and Tobago

ITEC expressing thier dissatisfaction is one thing. Having the audacity to claim to speak on behalf of such a large section of the society is something else.   

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »
dat fella name missing an "I" ???
 :devil:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:59:42 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »

ITEC chairman Devant Maharaj said that the East Indian population was disgusted by the cultural presentation that gave pre-eminence to French and English cultures over East Indian culture that has become a part of the mainstream culture of Trinidad and Tobago

ITEC expressing thier dissatisfaction is one thing. Having the audacity to claim to speak on behalf of such a large section of the society is something else.   

tell him hull he cont and doh hate....! :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:05:41 PM by forever trini »

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 03:22:56 PM »
Bamsees!
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

1]; } ?>