April 23, 2024, 05:42:37 PM

Author Topic: WI Warm Up  (Read 4343 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WI Warm Up
« on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »
Trying to follow the WI warm up in England. I see Simmons and Nash both are listed as retired hurt..Are they really injured or just decided they got in enough batting and giving the rest of the players a chance to get used to the conditions?
Back in Trini...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WI Warm Up
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »
I think so Simmons get he hundred ,I think there fine.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 10:15:21 AM »
Too early to know for sure since Day 2 is still going on and I've not found any bulletins. I think there's a difference though when a batsman retires out and when he retires hurt... can't say I am absolutely certain. We'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
De BBC say dey retired to give other people some batting practice.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:52:34 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:18:58 PM »
Now see simmons retired after suffering with cramp and Nash jus retired to give others a chance to bat
Back in Trini...

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »
Leicestershire 182 & 51/1. Windies 320/6 declared.

Bulletin

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »
Simmonds keep at it dey go have 2 play yuh
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:36:58 AM »
Match drawn. Leicester's 2nd innings ended at 238/6.

Match Bulletin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:28:59 PM by dwolfman »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 10:06:17 PM »
Things like these is why I vex with how the Windies declined over the years. Look how petty the Leicestershire chief executive is... and they are a developed nation. What a pussy.

Windies blanked extra practise session

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 12:11:51 AM »
Next tour match starting in the morning.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
Things like these is why I vex with how the Windies declined over the years. Look how petty the Leicestershire chief executive is... and they are a developed nation. What a pussy.

I guess it's okay for the English to criticize our Caribbean pitches, but not for us to criticize theirs. Remember the last test match at QPO? Sky and BBC couldn't shut up about how substandard the pitch for that test match was, but yet came within one wicket (or two, I can't remember) of squaring the series.

What stomach-turning hypocrisy.

That's why I hope Australia whitewashes England this summer.

At least the Aussies, for all of their faults, do not descend to such childish tactics.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 04:49:12 PM »

I guess it's okay for the English to criticize our Caribbean pitches, but not for us to criticize theirs. Remember the last test match at QPO? Sky and BBC couldn't shut up about how substandard the pitch for that test match was, but yet came within one wicket (or two, I can't remember) of squaring the series.

What stomach-turning hypocrisy.

That's why I hope Australia whitewashes England this summer.

At least the Aussies, for all of their faults, do not descend to such childish tactics.

It on d cards again 5-0 in dey pweefen
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 03:47:33 AM »

Agreed Kaliman 2006, Aussies doe descend to childish tactics....dey does only thief....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 08:07:46 AM »

Agreed Kaliman 2006, Aussies doe descend to childish tactics....dey does only thief....

Dey ah decendants of criminals so dat is expected

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 08:30:50 AM »
Tiefing is a big man tactic, not the childish one of the English. On a serious note it is quite hypocritical of them to take umbrage to criticisim of their pitch especially after not only their press, but their players spent vasts amount of time complaining on pitches while they pissed away chances to not just draw, but win the series. It is for that more than for admiration of the Aussies lack of childish tactics that I'd prefer to see them whitewashed at home.

Windies make a hard work of this match tour match. Essex 263 and 29/1 with the Windies getting bowled out for 146 with only Chanders making a score of note - 66 n.o.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 06:30:55 AM »
Final tour match before the first test on May 6th started today. Only 3.1 overs available before rain stopped play with the Windies sent in to bat at 8/1. Simmons was out caught behind for 4 and Smith was not out on 4.

Windies: Smith, Simmons, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Nash, Ramdin, Bernard, Sammy, Taylor, Benn and Pascal.
Lions: Rashid, Woakes, Moore, Wright, Bell, Trott, Ambrose, Mahmood, Plunkett, Key and Patel.

Taylor fit
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:35:47 AM by dwolfman »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
We were bowled out for 203. Bernard top scored with 58. Lions were 143/6. Taylor has 3/31 from 10 overs and Bernard 2/45 from 11 overs. Two days to go.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
LICKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WE GET LICKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 03:20:25 PM »
Dem batsmen better wake up.  We eh have no more dead wicket and lack of swing enviros to hide behind now.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 09:42:43 PM »
Simmons has been holding his own it seems, Chanders has been Chanders and I suspect that Nash will do his part. Who knows what we'll get from Gayle and Sarwan seems to be struggling on tour again (a la New Zealand). That opening position looks troubling as Smith, not suprisingly, has struggled. I wonder if they'll risk Richards on debut and keep Simmo in the middle order. Ramdin will have to come to the party too and do his part with the bat.

While it was not our strongest bowling line up allowing the Lions to get to 311 from 117/6 is a cause for minor concern. I think we'll have more edge with our full line up, but will still have a tendency towards letting teams off the hook. They'll need to get better at finishing teams off.

My team for Wednesday's game:
Gayle, Simmons, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Nash, Bernard, Ramdin, Benn, Taylor, Edwards and Baker.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 02:24:33 AM »
Just saw an ad for cricket highlights on Channel Five here: "England have the perfect opportunity to prepare for the ashes by knocking over the Windies"  >:( They still have no concept of how shitty they are, especially without Flintoff  :beermug:

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »
Not that we should not compare our situation to Sri Lanka, but I thought this was an interesting result from the Sri Lankan 2006 tour to England:

http://content.cricinfo.com/engvsl/content/story/246353.html

Sri Lanka go down with barely a whimper

Martin Williamson

May 6, 2006

England A 259 and 41 for 0 beat Sri Lankans 179 and 118 by ten wickets
Scorecard

Jon Lewis - in fine voice and fine form ... he ended with match figures of 9 for 130 © Getty Images

For their second tour in succession, Sri Lanka are in England at a time of year that many club cricketers are still casting half-hearted looks out of the window wondering when summer might start. The warm, sunny weather of the last couple of days might have given them a false sense of well being, but the more seasonally typical low, grey skies and almost permanently-threatening drizzle which returned today brought them down to earth, as did a ten-wicket loss.

They resumed this morning with five wickets down and needing a miracle to take this match much beyond lunch on the third of the four scheduled days. Their batting so far on this tour has been dire, and only Tillakaratne Dilshan of the recognised batsmen remained.

He started brightly, smacking Rikki Clarke for successive fours in the second over of the day, and for half an hour he and Chamara Kapugedera looked relatively untroubled. It was Liam Plunkett who made the breakthrough when he found the edge off Kapugedera's bat, and the rest was routine as the Sri Lankans' last five wickets added only 38 runs.

Lewis, the pick of the bowlers, took his ninth wicket of the match when Farveez Maharoof limply chipped to Robert Key at mid-on - Lewis's six overs cost only four runs - and Dilshan's innings was ended when Stuart Broad got one to lift and he spared the ball to Alastair Cook at second slip.

Ravi Bopara and Broad, who finished with an impressive 3 for 17, polished off the innings and Cook and Key's stroll to knock off the 39 needed was only interrupted by lunch.

England name their squad for next Thursday's Lord's Test tomorrow, and Lewis and Liam Plunkett will both be keeping an ear to the radio. And if England are struggling with their selections, then Sri Lanka have even more problems as they trudge back to London.

Martin Williamson is managing editor of Cricinfo

After the first test was drawn at Lord's, England won the second test in Birmingham and Sri Lanka then battled back to win by the third test by 134 runs.

Of course, we do not have players of the quality of that Sri Lankan 2006 side, but I believe that with good leadership and the same grit and determination that our team displayed in the Caribbean, the West Indies stand a very good chance of retaining the Wisden Trophy.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
Just saw an ad for cricket highlights on Channel Five here: "England have the perfect opportunity to prepare for the ashes by knocking over the Windies"  >:( They still have no concept of how shitty they are, especially without Flintoff  :beermug:
This is one of the reasons that my cousin (who is English) doesn't like English sports teams. She's never supported England in anything. This is the same attitude they brought to the Caribbean a few weeks back... I'm hoping for the same result.
No Respect - Fazeer Fazeer discusses this topic.

Dyson on Gayle

The funniest thing is regardless of how England do in this series they will not feature near the top at the end of the Twenty20 Cup or the Ashes.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 05:30:45 AM »
you know it baffles me that our 'captain' Mr. Gayle can come and go as he pleases- with the WICB supporting him, and the coach disagreeing that he should get extra days away from the team.
yikes man! good for one not good for all- now he seems to be injured - bet he'll miss the first test- or that he will pull up lame ???
no discipline

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
you know it baffles me that our 'captain' Mr. Gayle can come and go as he pleases- with the WICB supporting him, and the coach disagreeing that he should get extra days away from the team.
yikes man! good for one not good for all- now he seems to be injured - bet he'll miss the first test- or that he will pull up lame ???
no discipline

If he name was Lara and from TNT would have been an issue

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 06:05:43 AM »
no discipline

If he name was Lara and from TNT would have been an issue

And these 2 quotes are one of the reasons why Windies got to where they were. We prefer baccanal and petty island squabbling rather than worrying about real issues.

A quick reminder... the players had committed to the  IPL long in advance of this tour being announced. The WICB promised that there would be no tours during that time period and then turned around and squeezed this hurry tour to England in the mix. When it convenient you guys bashing the WICB for creating a mess, but now when you really supposed to jam them for putting the players in this situation you comparing them to Lara and his misdeeds.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 06:31:48 AM »
whoa there wolfman...the principle is not who made the deal or not- the question is fairplay.
the fact is that there's one rule for gayle (who can do no wrong) and another for any other body.
now in the first innings Gayle selects to bowl, and after 1 hour leaves the field. no answer yet as to why...
he insists he is fine, but we'll wait and see, won't we...
if I sound pissed it's because I am. :devil:
WI need to WIn ;D

1]; } ?>