April 28, 2024, 05:03:31 AM

Author Topic: This how they wreck cars in Trinidad now?  (Read 12042 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This how they wreck cars in Trinidad now?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 06:04:15 PM »
I eh know if is true but I hear this is illegal.
The officer is supposed to come out and make an attempt to locate the driver....walk around the car at least.
Heard that from two sources.  But hardly anyone going to take it beyond quarelling with the officer before handing over the money.

This is true, it is illegal. The law actually states that the officer must try to locate the owner of the vehicle before it can be towed. Clearly this was not done in either of these cases

fed up hear police reps on the radio say this.

AS for the parking brake thing, imagine your car is rear wheel drive, or is a full time AWD like mine. That will mash up the transmission for sure.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »
The officer is supposed to come out and make an attempt to locate the driver....walk around the car at least.
Heard that from two sources.  But hardly anyone going to take it beyond quarelling with the officer before handing over the money.

This is true, it is illegal. The law actually states that the officer must try to locate the owner of the vehicle before it can be towed. Clearly this was not done in either of these cases

I started to post this very thing yesterday but didn't bother.  There was programme on CNMG about 6 weeks ago where the TV station in conjunction with the police went out on the streets and a woman police officer went to great lengths to explain the process.  Yes, they are supposed to check, double, triple check, quadruple check the area where the vehicle is parked in an effort to locate the owner.  If the owner is found, the infraction is pointed out to the owner, a ticket issued but the vehicle is not towed.

If the owner is not found the vehicle is then towed.  She also explained that once the vehicle has already been hooked up to the wrecker and the owner then arrives on the scene the vehicle is still towed.  You can't do anything about it once it is hooked up to the wrecker.  

I have NEVER seen this being applied when vehicles are being wrecked.
I am suprised however, that the wreckers are getting so much revenue.  No wonder they are so efficient.  And I wont be surprised if the police officers accompanying them are getting a cut....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »
towin vehicle has always been a viable business.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »
That is a legit question.

Most cars have the emergency brake applying some force to the rear wheels, though not as much as you would get if you pressed the pedal. Thus the brake could be applied and the car still towed, probably trashing your parking brake.

...anybody who know much about cars would know that the emergency brakes won't stop a car if there's an impetus propelling it forward.  Which is to say... unless you're coasting to a stop the handbrake won't stop the vehicle.  In short it won't stop the car from being towed.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:22 AM »
Doesn't the hand-brake operate on the rear wheels?  Unless in each case the hand-brake was not used, how could it be so easy for the tow truck to remove these cars? 

You really stop and think about that question before posting it?

Normally I wouldn't bother giving you the time of day, but since someone else observed that my question was legitimate and I have a few minutes, I thought I'd do a quick google (I'm not an expert on car mechanics and don't profess, as you do, to know all).

The position, if one dares to assume that the wealth of knowledge available on Wikipedia is superior to your own, seems to be:

".........the stopping force provided by using the handbrake instead of or in addition to the footbrake is usually small and would not significantly aid in stopping the vehicle, again because it usually operates on the rear wheels which suffer reduced traction compared to the fronts while braking."
(my emphasis).

On that basis, it is logical to assume that the handbrake would offer some resistance, at least initially, making towing more difficult - unless as Bitter suggests it is not being used at all in reliance on an automatic transmission locking mechanism.

You should really stop and think yourself before attempting to start another unnecessarily heated debate which will inevitably end in you running out of logical argument and resorting to profanity! ::)

Having spent those few minutes looking at Wiki and addressing you, I've spent more of my day on you than you deserve.  Accordingly, you will henceforth be ignored.  Have a great day!! :beermug:
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 12:28:02 AM »

Normally I wouldn't bother giving you the time of day, but since someone else observed that my question was legitimate and I have a few minutes, I thought I'd do a quick google (I'm not an expert on car mechanics and don't profess, as you do, to know all).

The position, if one dares to assume that the wealth of knowledge available on Wikipedia is superior to your own, seems to be:

".........the stopping force provided by using the handbrake instead of or in addition to the footbrake is usually small and would not significantly aid in stopping the vehicle, again because it usually operates on the rear wheels which suffer reduced traction compared to the fronts while braking."
(my emphasis).

On that basis, it is logical to assume that the handbrake would offer some resistance, at least initially, making towing more difficult - unless as Bitter suggests it is not being used at all in reliance on an automatic transmission locking mechanism.

You should really stop and think yourself before attempting to start another unnecessarily heated debate which will inevitably end in you running out of logical argument and resorting to profanity! ::)

Having spent those few minutes looking at Wiki and addressing you, I've spent more of my day on you than you deserve.  Accordingly, you will henceforth be ignored.  Have a great day!! :beermug:

Yes dumbass... but read carefully, what yuh fuhget to highlight is that

"the stopping force provided by using the handbrake instead of or in addition to the footbrake is usually small and would not significantly aid in stopping the vehicle".  Consequently you nitwit... the hand brake wouldn't offer any significant resistance to the vehicle being towed.  But feel free to come back and post about how hard yuh ignoring mih yuh dunce.

Yuh should change yuh name tuh Pur_Cunni cuz dat is exactly how yuh sounding right now.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 12:52:41 AM »

(my emphasis).

Yes dumbass... but read carefully, what yuh fuhget to highlight is that

"the stopping force provided by using the handbrake instead of or in addition to the footbrake is usually small and would not significantly aid in stopping the vehicle".  Consequently you nitwit... the hand brake wouldn't offer any significant resistance to the vehicle being towed.  But feel free to come back and post about how hard yuh ignoring mih yuh dunce.

Yuh should change yuh name tuh Pur_Cunni cuz dat is exactly how yuh sounding right now.

:rotfl: :rotfl: You are so easily baited, you never cease to amuse me!  Here..... have a  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: and relax! 

And to the various people who PMd me about this guy - I know!!

PS.  I didn't realise that by towing a vehicle the aim was to "significantly aid in stopping" it!!  Hence my observation of the handbrake "offer(ing) some resistance, at least initially, making towing more difficult".  But you have a logic all your own.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:56:39 AM by Pur_Trini »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 01:15:26 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: You are so easily baited, you never cease to amuse me!  Here..... have a  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: and relax! 

PS.  I didn't realise that by towing a vehicle the aim was to "significantly aid in stopping" it!!  Hence my observation of the handbrake "offer(ing) some resistance, at least initially, making towing more difficult".  But you have a logic all your own.

Dred you even more dotish than even I mihself was willing to think yes... if you think I's de one being baited, lol.  YOU de man who supposedly trying so hard from long to "ignore" me.  I just love making allyuh so-called man look like de backside allyuh really is.  Ah mean look at this statement "And to the various people who PMd me about this guy - I know!!".  Set ah maccomere man (say hi West Coast) PMing man to shoo shoo about next man on ah message board :rotfl:

De point about the handbrake was me nitpicking at what you said because like de li'l nanny that yuh is ah know it woulda draw yuh een and yuh get ketch like laglee... yuh dumbass.  But I easy tuh bait.  The handbrake would offer no resistance to a vehicle being towed... that is the point.

Go back let dem li'l gyul and dem give yuh more courage in PMs again... Pur_Cunni indeed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:39:53 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Montjoy

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 01:35:20 AM »
It is so funny how easy you guys start arguing with each other  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sometimes I feel like I am in Woodford Square.
Thanks  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 02:45:10 AM »

Dred you even more dotish than even I mihself was willing to think yes... if you think I's de one being baited, lol.  YOU de man who supposedly trying so hard from long to "ignore" me.  I just love making allyuh so-called man look like de backside allyuh really is.  Ah mean look at this statement "And to the various people who PMd me about this guy - I know!!".  Set ah maccomere man (say hi West Coast) PMing man to shoo shoo about next man on ah message board :rotfl:

De point about the handbrake was me nitpicking at what you said because like de li'l nanny that yuh is ah know it woulda draw yuh een and yuh get ketch like laglee... yuh dumbass.  But I easy tuh bait.  The handbrake would offer no resistance to a vehicle being towed... that is the point.

Go back let dem li'l gyul and dem give yuh more courage in PMs again... Pur_Cunni indeed.

You should have conceded defeat after my last post - that hole you're digging for yourself becomes ever deeper!  Nevertheless, I appreciate that you wish to engage in discussion with someone intellectually superior to yourself, and while I am flattered by your unsolicited attention I really am not interested!  Clearly, you lack the capacity to express yourself without the use of words like "dumbass" - but I forgive you having realised that your frustration probably stems from the lack of attention you were given as a child, or from the fact that you are lonely. 

Incidentally, it's not a matter of "shoo shoo" - it's a matter of fact that a significant number of people on this board have concluded that you are an ass (I put it kindly!) and, realising that your life is so empty that you spend the majority of your days posting, they pity you and/or prefer not to waste their time with you.   For my part, if I can offer you any kind of moral support then, despite your desire to argue, I will gladly give it.  If you take offence by that offer, by all means express your further frustration.  I will, however, remain happy with the knowledge that I was kind enough to bring to your attention the perception most have of you.  If you have any intelligence whatever, you will seek to rectify this. 

I sincerely wish you well, Bake n Shark!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:26:17 AM by Pur_Trini »

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 02:45:44 AM »
It is so funny how easy you guys start arguing with each other  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sometimes I feel like I am in Woodford Square.
Thanks  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Point taken - you are absolutely right!  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 09:40:24 AM »
so why they cant convert some of them wreckers into crime scene vehicles 

fuh wha?  to tote wey dead bodies?
oh god oye  :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 10:05:40 AM »
Damn we need some ah that here in ny  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgLJ6XZeWyA

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IgLJ6XZeWyA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IgLJ6XZeWyA</a>

who sing this song on the clip, wais the name? i cah remember
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 10:21:38 AM »
You should have conceded defeat after my last post - that hole you're digging for yourself becomes ever deeper!  Nevertheless, I appreciate that you wish to engage in discussion with someone intellectually superior to yourself, and while I am flattered by your unsolicited attention I really am not interested!  Clearly, you lack the capacity to express yourself without the use of words like "dumbass" - but I forgive you having realised that your frustration probably stems from the lack of attention you were given as a child, or from the fact that you are lonely. 

LOL... Pur_Cunni please.  Try dat high school psychoanalysis bull shit on somebody else.  Your arms too short tuh box with me fella... yuh mouth longer dan yuh reach.  There is nothing to concede because you are a dunce.  Handbrakes would pose no impediment to a car being towed.  Any intelligent person would know this... but it's quite understandable why you would have problems.  All this puffery talk about "intellectually superior" and all that musse does work with de dunces you does roll with but dat shit ent even reaching me fella.  Try yuh best... you tilting at windmills with dat talk.

Incidentally, it's not a matter of "shoo shoo" - it's a matter of fact that a significant number of people on this board have concluded that you are an ass (I put it kindly!) and, realising that your life is so empty that you spend the majority of your days posting, they pity you and/or prefer not to waste their time with you.   For my part, if I can offer you any kind of moral support then, despite your desire to argue, I will gladly give it.  If you take offence by that offer, by all means express your further frustration.  I will, however, remain happy with the knowledge that I was kind enough to bring to your attention the perception most have of you.  If you have any intelligence whatever, you will seek to rectify this. 

Whether is ah "significant number" or "most" or however yuh want to lie and spin it tuh make yuhself feel better about yuh gossipy ways is of no consequence to me.  Go get courage in PMs with de rest ah de maccomere 'man' and dem yuh gossiping with... demonstrate how much of ah life allyuh have by talking my name in allyuh mouth, lol

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 10:25:12 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IgLJ6XZeWyA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IgLJ6XZeWyA</a>

De song is Limb by Limb by Cutty Ranks
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2009, 10:29:56 AM »

LOL... Pur_Cunni please.  Try dat high school psychoanalysis bull shit on somebody else.  Your arms too short tuh box with me fella... yuh mouth longer dan yuh reach.  There is nothing to concede because you are a dunce.  Handbrakes would pose no impediment to a car being towed.  Any intelligent person would know this... but it's quite understandable why you would have problems.  All this puffery talk about "intellectually superior" and all that musse does work with de dunces you does roll with but dat shit ent even reaching me fella.  Try yuh best... you tilting at windmills with dat talk.

Whether is ah "significant number" or "most" or however yuh want to lie and spin it tuh make yuhself feel better about yuh gossipy ways is of no consequence to me.  Go get courage in PMs with de rest ah de maccomere 'man' and dem yuh gossiping with... demonstrate how much of ah life allyuh have by talking my name in allyuh mouth, lol

So that's a firm "no" on the offer of moral support???   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »

So that's a firm "no" on the offer of moral support???   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wait... I tort yuh say about 5 times how yuh stop responding?  Ah tort yuh so 'superior'??

Yuh dunce.   Go take yuh moral support, tie it over de end of a dildo and shove it up yuh nanny like de woman yuh is.

... see and not one cuss word.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
 When I was home last month , a pardner park on a corner on the avenue to pik up some take away.
All we do is pay make the pick up plus 2 stag and went back to the car , we did not spend more than 5 mins ( enough time for mih tuh give ex-min Boynes fatigue about he bad back ). Car gone !!!
Walk up to the Woodbrook station see the car an check the officer at the table , he ask for drivers permit , get the insurance out the car pay $100 an wait for a receipt. Again for the most was 10mins.
During that time the wrecker tow in 2 cars.

Them boys ent wasting no time looking for people an with the indiscriminate parking on the avenue on a Friday evening/night, they may be right not to do so, the only thing with that would be an emergency situation (like if yuh pull up yuh car to rush a woman who choking on a drumstick and to heavy for the ambulance attendants to lift . Still pissed off with the FAB).

Anyhow that was my recent experience.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2009, 10:58:48 AM »

Wait... I tort yuh say about 5 times how yuh stop responding?  Ah tort yuh so 'superior'??

Yuh dunce.   Go take yuh moral support, tie it over de end of a dildo and shove it up yuh nanny like de woman yuh is.

You have a vivid imagination!  I would never have thought of that myself, but it's clear what turns you on!   I'm much more than a little uncomfortable, though, that you choose to think of me in those terms.  Poor Bakes  :'(.  Did your parents molest you?  

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »

De song is Limb by Limb by Cutty Ranks

thanks tallman  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »

I am sure if the right people are made aware of these videos being online that S#it would stop.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 12:55:22 PM »

I would be really surprised if that was the law... because that law would make no sense.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »

You have a vivid imagination!  I would never have thought of that myself, but it's clear what turns you on!   I'm much more than a little uncomfortable, though, that you choose to think of me in those terms.  Poor Bakes  :'(.  Did your parents molest you?  

Damn............Where my popcorn..............
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »
That is a legit question.

Most cars have the emergency brake applying some force to the rear wheels, though not as much as you would get if you pressed the pedal. Thus the brake could be applied and the car still towed, probably trashing your parking brake.

...anybody who know much about cars would know that the emergency brakes won't stop a car if there's an impetus propelling it forward.  Which is to say... unless you're coasting to a stop the handbrake won't stop the vehicle.  In short it won't stop the car from being towed.

you miss the point.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 02:23:42 PM »

Do you try to be a little asshole or is that how you just normally are?
Hart for president

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »

you miss the point.

Did I, really?

Do you try to be a little asshole or is that how you just normally are?

That's how I normally am with cunnyholes like you.  You's ah next traumatized one... yuh should go PM Pur_Trini tuh join he support group.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:42:27 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »

From the few cars i had, a good working parking/ hand brakes will lock the rear wheels .

Even if the car moving at a decent rate and apply the hand brake, it will lock the rear wheels causing the car to skid and eventually stop.
Allyuh never see man pull they hand brake and spin round dey car ?

Anyhow, if yuh getting towed and u handbrakes applied, then yuh back wheels will give a fair bit of resistence until, they give out i guess. It wont be enough to stop the towing vehicle, but the towed car may be bouncing/hopping around a bit.
What them fellas may do is literally drag ure car away, or put the back of your car on a set of extra towing wheels (i dont know what the proper names is) they carry around in the wrecker.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
From the few cars i had, a good working parking/ hand brakes will lock the rear wheels .
Even if the car moving at a decent rate and apply the hand brake, it will lock the rear wheels causing the car to skid and eventually stop.
Anyhow, if yuh getting towed and u handbrakes applied, then yuh back wheels will give a fair bit of resistence until, they give out i guess. It wont be enough to stop the towing vehicle, but the towed car may be bouncing/hopping around a bit.
What them fellas may do is literally drag ure car away, or put the back of your car on a set of extra towing wheels (i dont know what the proper names is) they carry around in the wrecker.
yeah a reputable wrecker will use a tow dolly because of that brake problem and because of automatic transmission
like this

check how they do it in Japan  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1-FuMLNMKk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f1-FuMLNMKk</a>
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:22:40 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »

yeah a reputable wrecker will use a tow dolly because of that brake problem and because of automatic transmission
like this

daiz the thing self.......

Reputable is right.
From time to time I see actual police wreckers (with logo) dragging vehicles up the highway. The vehicles were probably those crashed and stolen ones they does have in their yard until they rotten down.
Anyhow, they just jack up the front and drag these things away even though some of them have no tires or they jacked soo high the tail of the vehicle dragging. Hear nah, them police wotless, the vehicles does be disintegrating going up the road leaving a trail of debris, plenty noise and a few sparks.

lol we pullice eh easy nah.
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »
daiz the thing self.......

Reputable is right.
From time to time I see actual police wreckers (with logo) dragging vehicles up the highway. The vehicles were probably those crashed and stolen ones they does have in their yard until they rotten down.
Anyhow, they just jack up the front and drag these things away even though some of them have no tires or they jacked soo high the tail of the vehicle dragging. Hear nah, them police wotless, the vehicles does be disintegrating going up the road leaving a trail of debris, plenty noise and a few sparks.

lol we pullice eh easy nah.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I wonder if they do that at night
or if any ketch fire wid gas spillin out the tank :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>