April 27, 2024, 03:49:59 PM

Author Topic: This how they wreck cars in Trinidad now?  (Read 12021 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This how they wreck cars in Trinidad now?
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »
daiz the thing self.......

Reputable is right.
From time to time I see actual police wreckers (with logo) dragging vehicles up the highway. The vehicles were probably those crashed and stolen ones they does have in their yard until they rotten down.
Anyhow, they just jack up the front and drag these things away even though some of them have no tires or they jacked soo high the tail of the vehicle dragging. Hear nah, them police wotless, the vehicles does be disintegrating going up the road leaving a trail of debris, plenty noise and a few sparks.

lol we pullice eh easy nah.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I wonder if they do that at night
or if any ketch fire wid gas spillin out the tank :rotfl: :rotfl:

boy, is 5 pm rush hour traffic on the highway.
I eh go worry bout the gas, cause i sure they does walk round the police yard with a hose and bottle looking to pounce on any new additions.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 05:41:26 PM »

From the few cars i had, a good working parking/ hand brakes will lock the rear wheels .

Even if the car moving at a decent rate and apply the hand brake, it will lock the rear wheels causing the car to skid and eventually stop.
Allyuh never see man pull they hand brake and spin round dey car ?

Anyhow, if yuh getting towed and u handbrakes applied, then yuh back wheels will give a fair bit of resistence until, they give out i guess. It wont be enough to stop the towing vehicle, but the towed car may be bouncing/hopping around a bit.
What them fellas may do is literally drag ure car away, or put the back of your car on a set of extra towing wheels (i dont know what the proper names is) they carry around in the wrecker.

Sammy... I cannot tell you conclusively that applying the handbrake will NOT lock the backwheels, I can't tell you what yuh experience was.  What I will tell you is that usually that will not happen.  Handbrakes ordinarily are not that effective as to lock the rear wheels.  That maneuver you talking about happens because you turn the steering wheel at the same time so that the wheels are skidding sideways in a circle. 

http://www.modernracer.com/tips/handbraketurn.html

under that sceario the wheels will skid b/c momentum is taking the car into a turn, not because the wheels lock up.  If a car is moving in a straight line (especially if moving forward) the handbrake will pose no significant impediment to it being moved.  I know because my first car (Isuzu Trooper) I had to replace the engine so it sat immobile for a year.  In that time the rear brakes locked up and 'froze' and it was being towed it squealed at first but eventually was rolling.  So if frozen brakes wasn't enough to prevent the towing, there's no way a simple handbrake will.  But men could believe what they want.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »
As a person who make a 10 min trip with the hand brakes UP (2nd time I ever drive), I will say dat de car will roll, but de brake pads does smoke for a good 20 mins after yuh stop. :)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2009, 02:38:39 AM »
I eh know if is true but I hear this is illegal.
The officer is supposed to come out and make an attempt to locate the driver....walk around the car at least.
Heard that from two sources.  But hardly anyone going to take it beyond quarelling with the officer before handing over the money.

This is true, it is illegal. The law actually states that the officer must try to locate the owner of the vehicle before it can be towed. Clearly this was not done in either of these cases

I would be really surprised if that was the law... because that law would make no sense.

Bakes yuh didn't read mih earlier post?  I heard a woman police officer explain the entire process in detail, this is the law....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
Bakes yuh didn't read mih earlier post?  I heard a woman police officer explain the entire process in detail, this is the law....

Nah, didn't see the post... that being so the law makes no sense though.  Waste of police time and resources to have them track down somebody who car parked illegally.  If the car is disabled the driver should stay with the vehicle or provide proof after the fact that it was disabled.  For instance here in the US you could produce a note from your mechanic attesting to the fact that the car was inoperable at the time.

truetrini

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2009, 10:06:24 PM »
pulling up de hand breakes when yuh driving fast sometimes does cause de car to spin...one time ah woman was driving meh and she piss me off and when ah tell she stop she speed up..so I pull de f**king hand brakes and de car take a wicked twist we end up facing where we did jes come from.

Dat said, hand brakes doh stop cra from getting towed...DONT!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2009, 05:21:03 AM »

Nah, didn't see the post... that being so the law makes no sense though.  Waste of police time and resources to have them track down somebody who car parked illegally.  If the car is disabled the driver should stay with the vehicle or provide proof after the fact that it was disabled.  For instance here in the US you could produce a note from your mechanic attesting to the fact that the car was inoperable at the time.

If they find the driver it faster to write the ticket and make them move the car than tow it back all the way to the savannah or sea lots....they cud write a ticket, make them move and then move on the next car one time.  I assume the objectives are to move the car and punish the driver so to me ticketing is faster.  Except the wrecker eh getting any money and the officer have to do more talking and more work than just sitting in the passenger side of the wrecker.
As for how many people paying their ticket...dais a next story.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2009, 09:41:58 AM »
And as for paying the ticket, where yuh get the ticket yuh have to pay there.  So if yuh from Arima and get ah ticket in South, yuh have to find yuh tail back in South to pay it.....lord fadder who does come up with these things??  ??? :-\

I remember when I was in Germany for the WC, my host got charged for not paying the right fare on the train for his trip.  As far as I could tell, the officer had a device with him and appeared to take his bank/credit card and the payment was made right there on the spot....I think that's what happened, I'll have to double check with him on the process.
That was ah experience dread, after the officer take we off the train, my host and officer was conversing in German over the issue and I stand up dey confused, confused. 

Then the man ask for mih ID and one time, one time I get frighten and start to think dey going and haul mih down to the station, throw mih in ah interrogation room, question mih relentlessly and then jail mih.....*sigh* I watch too much TV..... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
If they find the driver it faster to write the ticket and make them move the car than tow it back all the way to the savannah or sea lots....they cud write a ticket, make them move and then move on the next car one time.  I assume the objectives are to move the car and punish the driver so to me ticketing is faster.  Except the wrecker eh getting any money and the officer have to do more talking and more work than just sitting in the passenger side of the wrecker.
As for how many people paying their ticket...dais a next story.

The primary objective should be to clear the roadway... I remember being confused one evening while I was in DC, seeing cars parked on the grass, under trees all kinda thing.  I knew they were tourists because of the general area where we were.  I didn't figure it out until I saw the tickets on the windshield.  The wrecker towed them off the road and right onto the grass.

Understandably that's not an option in TnT but the way allyuh talking about "all the way to the savannah or sea lots" you'd swear either one is 10 miles away or something... them thing right there.  Trinidad to blasted backward.  I was under the assumption that these were police vehicles towing the cars not a private tow truck with a constable riding along.  That is nonsense.  Traffic branch should have their own tow trucks and a dedicated impound lot... although the savannah is a decent alternative.  There's no reason for police to have to pay to use a wrecker when you're renting one everyday... just buy one (or two, or three) and done.  Only in Trinidad it would make sense to give 'way public money like dat and even so, to have police tracking man down to move they car.

As for paying, this is why there should be a dedicated impound lot with a facility on-site to process payments.  If you must use the savannah have a mobile unit there (as they probably do)... and have multiple locations where tickets can be paid too.  But what I talking, as it is there's still only one location issuing licenses.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2009, 11:05:47 AM »
If you tow a car from downtown it will take a while for the tow truck to go to sea lots or the savannah and come back...up to 30mins with traffic.  So in some cases it will be faster to write a ticket and make the driver move...10mins.  That way you will clear the road faster.

Some places so close to the impound towing might be faster considering the officers might take their time writing up ticket and arguing with the person.

I believe we always used 3rd party wreckers and it better that way because no way they would clear the road as fast as they are now if is a police run operation.  The wreckers have an incentive to do their job quickly.  Just a matter of whether they following the law and not doing a shortcut ting which they will naturally do...the officer is really the one responsible for following proper procedure.  It really would take less than a minute to come out the wrecker and walk around the car and/or speak to whoever shows themself as the owner.

If is the law they should follow it not so?  Is not an unreasonable law and it not really slowing them down because as brownsugar say the police themselves had a representative on TV telling people what supposed to happen!!

And I see that same credit card ting on the train ....dem doh stick at all nah.  Trinis get a shock with efficiency and following rules over there.

truetrini

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »
If you tow a car from downtown it will take a while for the tow truck to go to sea lots or the savannah and come back...up to 30mins with traffic.  So in some cases it will be faster to write a ticket and make the driver move...10mins.  That way you will clear the road faster.

makes no sense, suppose yuh take 10 minutes or more trying to find a driver...tow dem  dat law dotish too bad, yuh park in a no-parking area and expect de police to tell yuh take dis ticket and move?  steups!

Some places so close to the impound towing might be faster considering the officers might take their time writing up ticket and arguing with the person.

I believe we always used 3rd party wreckers and it better that way because no way they would clear the road as fast as they are now if is a police run operation.  The wreckers have an incentive to do their job quickly.  Just a matter of whether they following the law and not doing a shortcut ting which they will naturally do...the officer is really the one responsible for following proper procedure.  It really would take less than a minute to come out the wrecker and walk around the car and/or speak to whoever shows themself as the owner.

If the owner shows up before towing, then fine, ticket him, make him move...once the car is connected...tow iot, no breaks set a hard example..LAWLESSNESS at any level NOT TOLERATED!

If is the law they should follow it not so?  Is not an unreasonable law and it not really slowing them down because as brownsugar say the police themselves had a representative on TV telling people what supposed to happen!!

And I see that same credit card ting on the train ....dem doh stick at all nah.  Trinis get a shock with efficiency and following rules over there.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »
Dat wrecker man woulda have to bounce me down before he drive off wid my car. They try dat wid me on Broadway and I tell dem drop meh car or I not moving from in front the wrecker. Especially since they supposed to make an attempt to locate the  driver.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »
Dat wrecker man woulda have to bounce me down before he drive off wid my car. They try dat wid me on Broadway and I tell dem drop meh car or I not moving from in front the wrecker. Especially since they supposed to make an attempt to locate the  driver.

I eh know yuh age but a woman did try dat yrs ago and Emrey Robley of TTT got it all in film. She move d car eventually.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »

I eh know yuh age but a woman did try dat yrs ago and Emrey Robley of TTT got it all in film. She move d car eventually.

oooooohhhhhhh guuuuuudddd... :o is Emery Robley yuh say yuh know Weary.....jeez and ages, dais waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy baaaaacccckkkkkk, I could barely remember what he looked like....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2009, 06:51:29 PM »

oooooohhhhhhh guuuuuudddd... :o is Emery Robley yuh say yuh know Weary.....jeez and ages, dais waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy baaaaacccckkkkkk, I could barely remember what he looked like....

Remember meh age I fall of d calender a while now I could barely remember how he look but d wrecker story was huge.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »

I remember that video.... ent she stick herself on the vehicle and only crying she not moving? A  lil indian lady ent?

And with the handbrakes thing, I fed up drive a few blocks with mine on, the mista like to put handbrakes on for what reason I dunno and I never remember to check until I see the lil red light.

So that's a firm "no" on the offer of moral support???   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wait... I tort yuh say about 5 times how yuh stop responding?  Ah tort yuh so 'superior'??

Yuh dunce.   Go take yuh moral support, tie it over de end of a dildo and shove it up yuh nanny like de woman yuh is.

... see and not one cuss word.

You have a vivid imagination!  I would never have thought of that myself, but it's clear what turns you on!   I'm much more than a little uncomfortable, though, that you choose to think of me in those terms.  Poor Bakes  :'(.  Did your parents molest you?  

Damn............Where my popcorn..............

:beermug: :beermug: Have a drink instead  :devil:

Bakes... you ent easy but it have some days where you make me laugh so hard all is forgiven. On them days you know I love ya. I never see a man does make other men want to use so many multi syllable words in one sentence. I swear men does have a copy of websters when you ragging them cause some of them insults they does pelt your way sound so high-falutin.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »

I remember that video.... ent she stick herself on the vehicle and only crying she not moving? A  lil indian lady ent?

U have elephant memory or like me u fall off d calender u got it correck

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2009, 07:38:38 PM »
Bakes... you ent easy but it have some days where you make me laugh so hard all is forgiven. On them days you know I love ya. I never see a man does make other men want to use so many multi syllable words in one sentence. I swear men does have a copy of websters when you ragging them cause some of them insults they does pelt your way sound so high-falutin.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Is usually juss ah small dedicated cadre... good sport reading the convoluted efforts though, man does be trying extra hard, lol

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »

girl I remember it cause they run it so many times and me and the parents were sitting around watching and laughing. My father had to kill it after a while with "that woman is a damned fool. If she park her car in a bad spot ent they must tow it steeeuppps" Then he use that opportunity to lecture the moms on why you mustn't park in a bad spot. I was too young to have a license then but it was funny as hell. The next day in school thats all anyone could talk about.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »

girl I remember it cause they run it so many times and me and the parents were sitting around watching and laughing. My father had to kill it after a while with "that woman is a damned fool. If she park her car in a bad spot ent they must tow it steeeuppps" Then he use that opportunity to lecture the moms on why you mustn't park in a bad spot. I was too young to have a license then but it was funny as hell. The next day in school thats all anyone could talk about.

OK it was really a big story plus it was only TTT and Panorama we had.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

Yeah that was a big story, man she cry for so.  The only other time I remember "big news" (apart from the coup) was when the man climb up to the top of Sando Hospital and jump off after threatening to do so for a while. The  first broadcast they apparently showed the actual impact, I had just left the room to go grab a drink. All the other broadcasts they censor it though. Come to school the next day everyone talking bout how he fall. I was so vex I miss it.  >:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »

Yeah that was a big story, man she cry for so.  The only other time I remember "big news" (apart from the coup) was when the man climb up to the top of Sando Hospital and jump off after threatening to do so for a while. The  first broadcast they apparently showed the actual impact, I had just left the room to go grab a drink. All the other broadcasts they censor it though. Come to school the next day everyone talking bout how he fall. I was so vex I miss it.  >:(

I tink it was POSGH I was in UWI Mona when dat happen. We only use 2 get badddddddddd news from TNT.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2009, 09:16:27 PM »
The hospital one I remember.... the car incident kinda vague in the memory.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2009, 09:33:54 PM »
The hospital one I remember.... the car incident kinda vague in the memory.

Dat mean yuh is a pickney because dat was d story of d yr. It made Robley career

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2009, 08:04:19 AM »
I always use to think, wouldn't this be a good way for men tuh tief car, pretend to be a tow truck and huff ah man car???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2009, 08:09:57 AM »
I always use to think, wouldn't this be a good way for men tuh tief car, pretend to be a tow truck and huff ah man car???

Yuh late a friend car was stolen in south dat way in d 90's

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2009, 10:35:15 AM »

Yuh late a friend car was stolen in south dat way in d 90's

My brudda ole ass Galent get stole dat way, find it 3 days later and is de same men who sell him it tief it LOL....Jail in de ass :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2009, 04:26:09 PM »

I tink it was POSGH I was in UWI Mona when dat happen. We only use 2 get badddddddddd news from TNT.

You might be right bout that location. You was in UWI? I was in high school. In one of the lower forms. I want to say form 2 or 3 but I cant remember.

1]; } ?>