April 24, 2024, 12:20:46 PM

Author Topic: Mexico wallops T&T 7-0 to open bid for title at U-17 Championship.  (Read 8853 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico wallops T&T 7-0 to open bid for title at U-17 Championship.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »
Here's my thing, you get 3 in the first half. You will come out and try to score 1. Nah. Pack everymen jack in front the goal and kick the ball away. We will play we football in the next 2 games. We have to start learning how not to lose games or give up all them goals.

Apparently we played 6 in the back for a significant stretch of the game.

That however means that you have less numbers in midfield...which means you basically cede the midfield to the opposition.  So having 6 at the back or packing the defence doesn't do anthing else other than bring more pressure on you.  And as we all know, pressure does buss pipe.

Is not simply a matter of having everyone play defence and that in and of itself will prevent the opposition from scoring.  You're omitting a very crucial factor if you think it's that easy.  That factor is the opposition. With no pressure on them, they're free to attack with NO FEAR of reprisals.  A surefire recipe for disaster AKA 7-0.

When I say pack every man jack in front the goal I mean play more defensive. YOur main concern would not be on attacking but on not giving up anymore goals.

Playing 6 in the defensive line is counter productive. 4 is enough to maintain composure and keep everyone aware of their role and responsibility. The highest we should go is 5. Having all those people in the defensive line will cause some confusion as to who do what when. And like you say you will give up the mid field therefore having no outlet to relieve pressure.

Maybe playing 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, 5-4-1 may have helped. Who knows.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 10:31:28 AM »
I understand where you coming from but that (english) approach is wrong. Players develop their primarily skills through the years 11 to 14 generally, so we need to encourage the flair and dribbling then. It's at this level (u-17) where they need to learn to now apply those tricks in a tactical manner.

If it is one thing you don't have to teach youngsters it is dribbling skill. They will spend hours a day learning tricks. So spend your coaching time developing the things they will not spend a lot of time thinking about or practising. Obviously between 11 and 14 you don't want to lose them by removing fun and personal expression from the game, but it is not too early to introduce basic tactical concepts - decision making, channeling, everybody behind the ball, if you pass and stand up you're out of position, etc. More advanced tactics (pressing, preferred attacking side, passing style, etc.) do come a little older, but since by 16/17 the "culture" of how to play is already there you give yourself too much to do to now teach tactical awareness.

The problem here is not just Corneal. He is working with the best in the country who already come to him under prepared, technically and tactically. We believe a skillful player means someone who can dribble, but that is a small aspect of skill. A skillful player can control the ball for him, pass the ball where he wants it, can use his head, chest or thigh as well as his foot, etc. We have a lot to do in sport in this country to become a consistently strong performer at tournaments outside the Caribbean islands.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 10:46:42 AM »
7-0 ouch better luck next time guys keep trying

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »
I am eagerly looking forward to Alvin's column in the paper and how he'll "spin" this one.

Will he blame the fans again?

Lack of preparation?

Gamesmanship by the opposition?

Surely he won't blame the....GULP....COACH!

Oooohhhhh the anticipation.... :drool:

If u holding yuh breath I hope your insurance premiums pay up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »
I understand where you coming from but that (english) approach is wrong. Players develop their primarily skills through the years 11 to 14 generally, so we need to encourage the flair and dribbling then. It's at this level (u-17) where they need to learn to now apply those tricks in a tactical manner.

You misunderstand my point. i am not saying that the English way of doing things is totally right . It is true that they stifle creativity too much. i am saying that they get their culture , their playing style inbred into these kids at an early age . If we want to change things we have to do that , develop a style of playing that we as Trini's desire , both attack AND defense oriented and develop players with that in mind. We have a playing culture by default and thats what needs to be changed . The english method of getting to the youngsters early is what i admire  not necessarily what they are teaching them.

good points gentlemen......(ah could get fire for this eh) but why emulate the Englands of de world when we could start by emulating de USA...man send all ah dem to play high school varsity, ODP and Club football in america man.

Why?  Only to watch half we talent get absorbed/sucked up/pilfered by the US?

ah shoulda put ah wink at the end ah meh post....but if we send 100 and and 50 get pilfered/absorbed/sucked up by de US, dat still leave we wid 50 to pick from ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 12:01:18 PM »
Why are we blaming Mr Corneal he is the best coach in the world. Just look at his credentials it has been lined with success home and away. He has won eveything as a coach here in Trinidad . He won the intercol, the pro league title , the Toyota Cup , his success is second to none , he is the only coach in trinidad who all the pro league teams are running to sign him as his head coach so dont blame the coach it has to be the players , had to be they did not get enough time in mexico like the last team i could remember it happen to him before and he said it was that it was the first time most of those kids saw outside of trinidad so they were overwhelmed. that is what happen, dont dare blame the coach

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »
Why are we blaming Mr Corneal he is the best coach in the world. Just look at his credentials it has been lined with success home and away. He has won eveything as a coach here in Trinidad . He won the intercol, the pro league title , the Toyota Cup , his success is second to none , he is the only coach in trinidad who all the pro league teams are running to sign him as his head coach so dont blame the coach it has to be the players , had to be they did not get enough time in mexico like the last team i could remember it happen to him before and he said it was that it was the first time most of those kids saw outside of trinidad so they were overwhelmed. that is what happen, dont dare blame the coach

D man have name recognition that is all dat matters
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 01:13:09 PM »
What name recognition ,that was all sarcasm , no pro league team want him , he neve won intercol , never coach any team to any title at any level. What he have is a good mouth to kiss jack's rear end , and a father to pull strings for him cause if he is so good how come no school team or no pro league team try to have him as coach. Dont tell me he cant multi task ,

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »
What name recognition ,that was all sarcasm , no pro league team want him , he neve won intercol , never coach any team to any title at any level. What he have is a good mouth to kiss jack's rear end , and a father to pull strings for him cause if he is so good how come no school team or no pro league team try to have him as coach. Dont tell me he cant multi task ,

Brudder we sayin d same ting he name CORNEAL and all what u say is what dey does do.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
Give the next U-17 to David Nakhid if he will work with the TTFF.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »
Give the next U-17 to David Nakhid if he will work with the TTFF.

Y we eh have enough chaos in we life u bringin Nakhid in d mix

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
Playing 6 in the back is a huge mistake, you need to control your midfield to be successful and it's no way you can control the Mexicans with 3 mids.

Can Anton coach? Or is he a good assistant coach.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »
PS: Who was de subs Tallest ?

Here are the full match stats, including subs:

22.04.2009: Tijuana, Baja California MEXICO; Estadio Caliente (Attendance: 13,333)
MEXICO - TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 7:0 (3:0)
Carlos Alberto CAMPOS 4’; Martin Luis GALVAN 25’ pen, 48’, 63’; Victor Omar MAÑON 29’; 
Luis Fernando TELLES 52’ pen; Salvador JASSO 83’

MEX: 1-Jose Antonio Rodríguez - 2-Cesar Alberto Ibáñez, 3-Kristian Alvarez, 4-Jairo Daniel
Gonzalez, 7-Abraham Coronado (64: 15-Efren Mendoza), 8-Carlos Alberto Campos, 10-Martin
Luis Galvan (81: 11-Carlos Gael Acosta), 16-Gil Cordero, 17-Erick Vera, 19-Victor Omar Mañon
(61: 13-Salvador Jasso), 20-Luis Fernando Telles.
Booked: none
TD: Jose Luis GONZALEZ

TRI: 1-John Thomas - 3-Omarr Charles, 5-Zavion Navarro, 7-Shahdon Winchester, 9-Cordel Cato, 10-Jerrel
Britto, 11-Johan Peltier (55: 13-Moriba Ballah), 14-Rashad Wint, 15-Luke Hernandez (46: 8-Vernell
Ramirez), 18-Shaquille Stewart (81: 6-Dillon Kirton), 19-Ryan Frederick.
Booked: Wint 12’, Charles 45’
TD: Anton CORNEAL

StatisticMEXTRI
Total Shots
Shots on Target
Saves
Fouls
Corner Kicks
Offsides

Referee: Trevor TAYLOR (BRB)
Assistant 1: Darren CLARK (CAN)
Assistant 2: Hiron DOPICO PEREZ (CUB)
Fourth Official: Gerald HENRY (BLZ)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »
PS: Who was de subs Tallest ?

Here are the full match stats, including subs:

22.04.2009: Tijuana, Baja California MEXICO; Estadio Caliente (Attendance: 13,333)
MEXICO - TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 7:0 (3:0)
Carlos Alberto CAMPOS 4’; Martin Luis GALVAN 25’ pen, 48’, 63’; Victor Omar MAÑON 29’; 
Luis Fernando TELLES 52’ pen; Salvador JASSO 83’

MEX: 1-Jose Antonio Rodríguez - 2-Cesar Alberto Ibáñez, 3-Kristian Alvarez, 4-Jairo Daniel
Gonzalez, 7-Abraham Coronado (64: 15-Efren Mendoza), 8-Carlos Alberto Campos, 10-Martin
Luis Galvan (81: 11-Carlos Gael Acosta), 16-Gil Cordero, 17-Erick Vera, 19-Victor Omar Mañon
(61: 13-Salvador Jasso), 20-Luis Fernando Telles.
Booked: none
TD: Jose Luis GONZALEZ

TRI: 1-John Thomas - 3-Omarr Charles, 5-Zavion Navarro, 7-Shahdon Winchester, 9-Cordel Cato, 10-Jerrel
Britto, 11-Johan Peltier (55: 13-Moriba Ballah), 14-Rashad Wint, 15-Luke Hernandez (46: 8-Vernell
Ramirez), 18-Shaquille Stewart (81: 6-Dillon Kirton), 19-Ryan Frederick.
Booked: Wint 12’, Charles 45’
TD: Anton CORNEAL

StatisticMEXTRI
Total Shots
Shots on Target
Saves
Fouls
Corner Kicks
Offsides

Referee: Trevor TAYLOR (BRB)
Assistant 1: Darren CLARK (CAN)
Assistant 2: Hiron DOPICO PEREZ (CUB)
Fourth Official: Gerald HENRY (BLZ)

Only 13333 peeps was at dat match I swear it was bout 40.000

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 03:36:58 PM »
Just friggin disgusting the incompetence of our Football setup ,and absolutely shocking is the incompetence of most(prob all) of our local coaches, what men like Corneal are doing is tantamount to ruining most of our young players with international-class talent by teaching them rubbish, they don't learn the essentials of the game(dribbling means nothing if you can't get a pass or cross off properly after)

The best investment the government can make in local football(which IS the biggest sport in T&T, and therefore can make a big positive impact on this nation), is to get our local coaches official training- they could probably sponsor the best local coaches in getting their official uefa licenses, and also take some of our tax dollars to hire a few top quality youth coaches from europe or a top club in south america, to coach every level of our youth teams. Also, they should get those same coaches to set up some local exam that coaches of ALL intercol teams would have to have passed. The local clubs need to also set up REAL acadamy systems, of course with good coaches with proper  training.

Dribbling is at most 20% of the game, but we spend 80% of the time learning that, and 20% of the time learning everything else that accounts for 80% of the game. Doesn't something look a little wrong there? Under the present trademark haphazard T&T way things are done, anyone that comes out a good player(i.e. who's good and solid at the 80% part of the game that's not dribbling) from our youth system is against all the odds.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »

If it is one thing you don't have to teach youngsters it is dribbling skill. They will spend hours a day learning tricks. So spend your coaching time developing the things they will not spend a lot of time thinking about or practising. Obviously between 11 and 14 you don't want to lose them by removing fun and personal expression from the game, but it is not too early to introduce basic tactical concepts - decision making, channeling, everybody behind the ball, if you pass and stand up you're out of position, etc. More advanced tactics (pressing, preferred attacking side, passing style, etc.) do come a little older, but since by 16/17 the "culture" of how to play is already there you give yourself too much to do to now teach tactical awareness.

The problem here is not just Corneal. He is working with the best in the country who already come to him under prepared, technically and tactically. We believe a skillful player means someone who can dribble, but that is a small aspect of skill. A skillful player can control the ball for him, pass the ball where he wants it, can use his head, chest or thigh as well as his foot, etc. We have a lot to do in sport in this country to become a consistently strong performer at tournaments outside the Caribbean islands.

ah second yuh coment...lacking very badly

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »
allyuh good yes
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »
As disappointed as I am in de result, I have witnessed personally 2 weeks of Anton's sessions with these kids and he did a good job. Don't criticize based on de results only because there are a lot of other factors involved. These kids play ball all de time and under different coaches. I heard Anton screaming/begging/challenging/instructing these kids trying to break bad habits. This team has a bunch of good kids that lack the talent to compete with teams like Mexico. They have probably 5 to 7 players that are ready for that level and the rest are either struggling technically or physically. I bad talk Anton already too, but ah see de work he doing with mih own eyes and it look like he really trying with these youths. They just coming from far, real facking far. Training sessions were very organized and professional. Not sure of de selection process, or screening procedures but it hard to believe that this group is really de best 25 youths in de country. If Anton responsible for missing de better talent around de country let mih know please so ah could start to bad talk him again.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2009, 07:49:43 AM »
As disappointed as I am in de result, I have witnessed personally 2 weeks of Anton's sessions with these kids and he did a good job. Don't criticize based on de results only because there are a lot of other factors involved. These kids play ball all de time and under different coaches. I heard Anton screaming/begging/challenging/instructing these kids trying to break bad habits. This team has a bunch of good kids that lack the talent to compete with teams like Mexico. They have probably 5 to 7 players that are ready for that level and the rest are either struggling technically or physically. I bad talk Anton already too, but ah see de work he doing with mih own eyes and it look like he really trying with these youths. They just coming from far, real facking far. Training sessions were very organized and professional. Not sure of de selection process, or screening procedures but it hard to believe that this group is really de best 25 youths in de country. If Anton responsible for missing de better talent around de country let mih know please so ah could start to bad talk him again.

Anton will always suffer for he surname but he appears 2 b a decent enough coach at this level. When he wit d big boys I does have real problems.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »
Did they played this game in miles above sea level in mexicocity?  that will be hard for the youths too get used to real quick.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2009, 09:19:51 AM »
I now see the game highlights. Same old Trinidad boy , ball watchers of the future..
:rotfl:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:05 AM »
Different team, same tutu they playing.

Statistic MEX TRI
Total Shots 25 3
Shots on Target 19 0

?????

Cant trap, cant shoot, cant mark, cant pass, cant work off the ball, to many long clueless balls and always putting themselves under pressure. As for the keeper, just kicking the ball out and hoping.

Corneal had Cordel Cato play defence ?

Shandon Winchester in deep center ?

And Luke Hernandez playing right wing, Luke look weak in that position.

Cant understand why we just cant get the simply fundamentals right.

No one supporting each other.

No one looking for a pass.

We holding de ball to long. A simple pass and go will work.

Once we get de ball, we forwards just running without an idea. The other players then disappearing behind the Mexicans and leaving de man with the ball no options but to make a high long pass to no one or get the ball taken away.

Where de simple one, two, three, shoot.

All these are signs of poor coaching and poor preparations. Technically, we not ready.

Mexico was by far the better team, technically.

I hope they can beat Costa Rica, but they will really have to come good. Really good.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:26:46 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 12:21:10 PM »

It goes both ways.

And in just about every one of these cases we are talking about kids who were born and raised in the USA.

So save your cryin'. 
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »

It goes both ways.

And in just about every one of these cases we are talking about kids who were born and raised in the USA.

So save your cryin'. 

Somehow, given the American demographics and superior financial resources, I think that the U.S. will be able to cope with the loss better.

But that's just me.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »

I could agree with what yuh saying there Fantastic about Corneal in the training sessions.  I also heard similiar comments from one of the assistant coaches about his sessions.  However to the untrained person (who eh know any better), we might think that the man real good because of the what we seeing, but some other knowledgeable person might think he ent worth a pint a piss.  When yuh take his record into consideration, and look at the teams performance against quality opposition, it easy to tell he lacking something somewhere.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »
We still conceding 7 goals in dis day an age? steups.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »
Pardners,I wouldn't consider myself untrained, not that I am Capello either, and Anton is sqeezing juice out of concrete here. Let me tell you what I saw in these sessions. He has to work on all the fundamentals constantly while trying to build a team. These guys are not ready for high level ball. If a man can't control de ball properly at 15 to 16 yrs old, yuh think Anton could make him ready to go against professional players by coaching him 3 days a week for 6 mths? Man talking real shit here when dey judging results and games against quality competition. Plenty of these players look like all dey play is small goal...very few have a complete package to be worked on. Some could run fast, some could trap and cyah pass, some could head, some slow but could read de game, some have a good first touch but weighing 50 lbs. Anton and his staff have these men training hard, organized and understanding some structure for it looks like de first time. Like we doh understand youths in Trini does become stars by doing ONE thing spectacularly. When yuh reach a higher level that ONE trusty spanner or drag not going to make crowd scream and bawl out yuh name and win yuh games too often. Maybe Anton does just run a professional looking session and can't strategize and game plan with de top coaches, but I doh see how we could be sure of that when he working with players incapable for the most part of executing any high level game plan. I wish de youths de best but after all these years ah cyah understand why Trini people still refuse to see that our players are always under-developed technically and usually not afforded much useful tactical training in de formative years.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 03:22:23 PM »
Pardners,I wouldn't consider myself untrained, not that I am Capello either, and Anton is sqeezing juice out of concrete here. Let me tell you what I saw in these sessions. He has to work on all the fundamentals constantly while trying to build a team. These guys are not ready for high level ball. If a man can't control de ball properly at 15 to 16 yrs old, yuh think Anton could make him ready to go against professional players by coaching him 3 days a week for 6 mths? Man talking real shit here when dey judging results and games against quality competition. Plenty of these players look like all dey play is small goal...very few have a complete package to be worked on. Some could run fast, some could trap and cyah pass, some could head, some slow but could read de game, some have a good first touch but weighing 50 lbs. Anton and his staff have these men training hard, organized and understanding some structure for it looks like de first time. Like we doh understand youths in Trini does become stars by doing ONE thing spectacularly. When yuh reach a higher level that ONE trusty spanner or drag not going to make crowd scream and bawl out yuh name and win yuh games too often. Maybe Anton does just run a professional looking session and can't strategize and game plan with de top coaches, but I doh see how we could be sure of that when he working with players incapable for the most part of executing any high level game plan. I wish de youths de best but after all these years ah cyah understand why Trini people still refuse to see that our players are always under-developed technically and usually not afforded much useful tactical training in de formative years.

Good post.  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »

we need to Bring in a good youth coach !!! then we will know if anot is any good
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »
Based on what i saw from the youtube highlights, it seems that our defenders dem need to work a lot on there positioning, concentration and closing down the players...every single goal except for the dead balls were scoredby unmarked men in the box and dah cyah work.
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

1]; } ?>