March 28, 2024, 09:23:48 AM

Author Topic: Football in Tobago makes no sense  (Read 13931 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football in Tobago makes no sense
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »
The only reasonable point the man made was to ask why choose to lose $2 million and then always complaining about not having money.

A sell out is a sell out. Playing in front of a ram out crowd of 10,000 is still playing in a sold out stadium. Unless the alternative is playing in front of a sell out crowd of 50,000 plus there's little difference in the effect, especially if the crowd is noisy in its support.

Again I return to the point about HCS being this big home venue for us. We drew our last WCQ there when we could easily have lost and we also lost to Bermuda there. What is the evidence for familiarity with the venue being an advantage? The only advantage seems to be in potential revenue earned.

I agree with both BnS and jimmel... it's Trinidad and Tobago. The people of Tobago are as much fans of the T&T team as the people of Trinidad. We have it real sweet here in this country... as I said in another thread. We clearly have no real problems here so we decide we have to create some silly ones.

We lost to Bermuda at the Marvin Lee Stadium, we have not lost a World Cup Qualifier at the Hasely Crawford stadium since Mexico beat us 3-1 there in 2004. We have only lost twice in the HCS since then, to Haiti in Digicel Cup final in 07 and England..well four times if you want to count Beenhakker games versus the Paraguay club and North East stars...

I think we should have rotated the venues more though, although I don't think it should have been this game, but if the support in Tobago is better than the HCS, which it might prove to be...all power to them..who knows Tobago may turn in to our real home fortress..you never know...

So in d middle of d WCQ we lookin 4 a venue dat will give we a real home advantage.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
I agree with the writer.

There is more than just the mortar inside the pestle.

I am neither here nor there for Tobago getting a game...is just the timing of the game suspect.

I not on the Tobago issue, who toting feelings, noise in the stadium, waggonist, sacrifices to see a game etc...that is all of alyuh personal grouse and inferiority complex, real or imagined.

My main concern is that in a must win do or die game...by putting the match in Tobago, how has that improved our chances of winning the game?

All who for the game in Tobago answer me that!

Mindset and routine is part of the game, comfort, knowledge of the field, pre-game rituals etc.

Listen...even something as simple as shitting in the morning does get affected with a change in location. Some people just cyar do that nowhere else but home.

We turn a "home" game into an "away" game and yuh cyar spin that no way no how.

Finally....yuh ever think the TTFF know they arse is grass, the campaign over, and looking to HELP the nation by HIDING the shit them fellas does play on the field. It go only be 7500 seeing instead of 25,000...I feel that is wha going on in them fellas mind in trute.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »
I agree with the writer.

I am neither here nor there for Tobago getting a game...is just the timing of the game suspect.

I not on the Tobago issue, who toting feelings, noise in the stadium, waggonist, sacrifices to see a game etc...that is all of alyuh personal grouse and inferiority complex, real or imagined.

My main concern is that in a must win do or die game...by putting the match in Tobago, how has that improved our chances of winning the game?

Mindset and routine is part of the game, comfort, knowledge of the field, pre-game rituals etc.

Listen...even something as simple as shitting in the morning does get affected with a change in location. Some people just cyar do that nowhere else but home.

Finally....yuh ever think the TTFF know they arse is grass, the campaign over, and looking to HELP the nation by HIDING the shit them fellas does play on the field. It go only be 7500 seeing instead of 25,000...I feel that is wha going on in them fellas mind in trute.

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »

I don't see how a change of venue could affect the outcome unless we like Bolivia.

Allyuh think that the Tobago football public going to carryon like mad regardless of the state of the game ?
They will be just like the stadium crowd, yuh playing shit , man sitting quiet, as a matter of fact the Tobago public more discerning than Trinidadians ( just look how they vote over the years) so doh be surprised if they start tuh boo.

There is absolutely no advantage to be gained by playing this game in Tobago football wise.

Maybe the new coach thinks it will be less pressure on him and the players to play before a long time intercol crowd.

But this decision will change, this is football mind games to upset the opposition. Ah bet yuh a week before the game the venue change. Jack know he could sell out the stadium in less than a day and simply refund the Tobago tickets.

At this stage this could be the only reason .
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 12:46:56 PM »
I agree with the writer.

BIG post dere touches. The bolded portion encompasses my exact feelings on the issue.  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »

By using this logic Tobago would never see a WCQ...Every game the National Team is virtually a must win game so is best we play all in the HCS
Was any statement made that there would be no live TV coverage esepecially since the tickets would most likely be sold out.

Ah wonder if any of the warm up matches prior to the June 6th Costa Rica game will be played in Tobago?
Fuh de team to get at least a little feel fuh playin on dey "home ground" nah.
How many many warmups are played at the HCS b4 Home matches?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »

[/quote
By using this logic Tobago would never see a WCQ...Every game the National Team is virtually a must win game so is best we play all in the HCS
Was any statement made that there would be no live TV coverage esepecially since the tickets would most likely be sold out.

Ah wonder if any of the warm up matches prior to the June 6th Costa Rica game will be played in Tobago?
Fuh de team to get at least a little feel fuh playin on dey "home ground" nah.
How many many warmups are played at the HCS b4 Home matches?

Since we playin at d HCS since d 80's I figure dey know d ground

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:44:50 PM by weary1969 »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »
Knowing that de stadium could only hold 7500... Jack must have the tv rights to broadcast or something..

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »
Is the Dwight Yorke the size of the Mannie? I assume it is because the Ato Boldon not much bigger and all them stadium build same time for same purpose. Is one of two things going to happen. The small size of the field will be a serious disadvantage to us or it would be an advantage. The size may help out with the lack of fitness and marking deficiencies because it have less ground to cover. Latas and Dwight could get more playing time. Maybe even Andrews, Whitley and all the other unfit old men people here calling for. However, providing my assumption of a small field is correct, I think playing in the DY is playing into Costa Rica hand. Their short pass, quick touches game with our ball watchers and slow to react defense going to be fatal. I not no coach so I probably wrong. All I can do is sit back and watch the ride.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 02:13:19 PM »
The way men talking you would swear the match playing in the Azteca. What is so different about the conditions in Tobago that men have to get familiar with? When is to fete Tobago is nothing for us to get comfortable with, but all of a sudden it's an issue for the football team? Tobago is a 20 minute flight away and who here has not spent some varying amount of time in the sister isle? It takes more time for me to drive to my friend in Pt. Fortin than to get to where I stay when I go Tobago. Which of our players have to "adjust" to "conditions" in Tobago? These men "shitting" in a different stadium every other week for their employer and they do just fine. How hard it is to "shit" in Tobago in the morning and still play good in the evening?

This change bothering supporters more than it bothering players. If we really want to make field familiarity an issue then it doesn't matter where men play because the fields they are most familiar with are in Europe. If adjusting to playing in Tobago is going to be a problem for our players then we deserve to lose.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 02:17:31 PM »
The way men talking you would swear the match playing in the Azteca. What is so different about the conditions in Tobago that men have to get familiar with? When is to fete Tobago is nothing for us to get comfortable with, but all of a sudden it's an issue for the football team? Tobago is a 20 minute flight away and who here has not spent some varying amount of time in the sister isle? It takes more time for me to drive to my friend in Pt. Fortin than to get to where I stay when I go Tobago. Which of our players have to "adjust" to "conditions" in Tobago? These men "shitting" in a different stadium every other week for their employer and they do just fine. How hard it is to "shit" in Tobago in the morning and still play good in the evening?

This change bothering supporters more than it bothering players. If we really want to make field familiarity an issue then it doesn't matter where men play because the fields they are most familiar with are in Europe. If adjusting to playing in Tobago is going to be a problem for our players then we deserve to lose.

LOUDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

D real supporters done stalkin d port 2 get d tickets. It just not a sensible decision 2 carry this game bago. I luv bago ust like d next guy so some beach will b had dat weekend.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 02:26:24 PM »
i done have my tobago weekend book!
go be there from friday morning and back monday...unless they change it back to HCS..den go hada hit bago another weekend instead
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 02:27:54 PM »
i done have my tobago weekend book!
go be there from friday morning and back monday...unless they change it back to HCS..den go hada hit bago another weekend instead

U C D fans done sortin out dey buziness

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »
well looks like we reach indeed - instead of deciding on a chant for support we trying to decode why the venue- what is wrong with us??? focus people focus :)
come on people what we chanting? :devil:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 02:47:28 PM »
I agree with the writer.

Dais my only problem with this post...touches you should know better  ;D  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 03:56:40 PM »
Football in Tobago makes no sense
T&T Newsday Editorial.

THE EDITOR: The decision by the TTFF to play the next World Cup game in Tobago does not make any sense. In football terms, it is foolish to give away your home advantage since our own players will also be playing at the venue for the first time. On top of that there will be less than 10,000 fans instead of the 25,000 if it were held in Port-of-Spain.

In financial terms, it is even more puzzling since by their own admission the TTFF will lose some $2 million by playing in Tobago. Is this the same TTFF that claims that it desperately needs money and is always criticising the government for not giving more financial support? I wonder how sponsors feel about this since it gives the impression that the TTFF is full of money and can afford to choose a less profitable venue.

There is no logic behind this decision and it makes a mockery of their demands for more support from local fans and money from sponsors. One lame excuse is that it is because of Dwight Yorke’s return to football. But what about Russell Latapy’s first game as national coach? His popularity would guarantee a sell-out crowd and a packed Hasely Crawford stadium. Supporters from his roots in Laventille would come out in their thousands to give support. It almost seems that somebody wants the Little Magician to get as little hometown support as possible.

If it makes no financial or football sense, then maybe there is a political reason behind this decision. There is always a danger when sport is in the hands of politicians.

Sporting events are manipulated to suit their ambitions and maybe someone is trying to build political support in the two Tobago constituencies. Maybe someone remembered that it was these two seats that tilted the balance of power in a previous general election. There can be no other reason and let us hope that the national team does not end up paying a heavy price for this senseless and selfish decision.

D SINGH
Couva

Look at de author...it never had ah good "Singh" in fitball yet....  Dat name only good for roti shop, hardware, store and plumming supplies...steeeeeuppppeesss!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »
Look at de author...it never had ah good "Singh" in fitball yet....  Dat name only good for roti shop, hardware, store and plumming supplies...steeeeeuppppeesss!

This statement exemplify why you is a c*nt.

This no different that when Juve fans say "A Black Italian does not exist"

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
boy oh boy
some people figure that because is ah football forum and they are invisible, that they can say what they want ::)
maybe that is why TnT does be in such a state....any Sociologist on here studying this sort of thing
and is always the ones who CLAIM that they are Intellectually Advanced
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:28:59 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »

Bump yuh mouth daddy...yuh online, so yuh bad! enjoy de security of de internet...and for future reference, stop being soo passionate bout old talk
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:30:33 PM by kiffysmooth »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »

Bump yuh mouth daddy...yuh online, so yuh bad! enjoy de security of de internet...and for future reference, stop being soo passionate bout old talk

Yuh could call it ole talk all yuh want but dat eh no ole talk sah.

Dat was simply offensive.  Check yuhself.  It eh have no place fuh dat here. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »

pot calling kettle black.

you could never say that to any Singh (or any Indo-Trinbagonian as you insinuate) to dey face.

Yuh know what, it actually make sense that somebody would make a disparaging comment like about another race in Trinidad under a thread that some would use to alienate Tobagonians because they would like to host a meaningful fitball game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:42:15 PM by acb »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
That Singh is Kendal JagdeoSingh. Look man, throwing aspersions on someone name Singh is not nice. You could be cussing an Afro-trini.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 04:44:25 PM »
ACB...if yuh read my post yuh would realize dat I was in favor of de game playing in Tobago......yuh didnt take time to read...yuh jes quick to bump yuh mouth to make ah entrance...steuppes....yuh not even worth my time yute..as ah say.."Enjoy yuh safe zone"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 04:55:37 PM »
ACB...if yuh read my post yuh would realize dat I was in favor of de game playing in Tobago......yuh didnt take time to read...yuh jes quick to bump yuh mouth to make ah entrance...steuppes....yuh not even worth my time yute..as ah say.."Enjoy yuh safe zone"

at what cost? .... putting down yuh fellow Trinidadian because he name is Singh?

No wonder Port of Spain/ Trinidad was described as a sleepy backwater by a member of the International Press Corps last week. Is a good thing they didn't interview any of the locals.

steups. Enjoy yuh safe zone.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 05:20:41 PM »
I agree with the writer.

Touches i disagree wid almost every thing yuh typed, except! the red bolded referances! i really believe campaign over in the minds of the TTFF and righfully SO!!

they did every thing in their power to assure this result !! a lot of lame brain decisions and a lot of nonsensical sh!t ! now is pay tuh the piper time!

i refuse tuh believe we beating costa rica in tobago , hasley crawford,or the oval, and we certainly not beating el tri in aztaca, and we not beating honduras in they back yard, we not beating the U.S. with their A team until 2018, and we certainly not beating costa rica in their back yard neither!

the only 2 games i see us winning for this whole campaign is, El salvador @ home maybe! and mexico @ home! if we finish wid 10 points we lucky. if yuh fail to prepare prepare tuh fail!! jamaica learn that lession very early! too little too late!

pancho gone wid the bag ah money he get tuh damage we football and set us back 6 yrs, and yet again another foolish near sighted move by AJW and the TTFF! and for the 100th time jack warner falls on his own sword!!! again!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 05:28:46 PM »
I agree with the writer.

Touches i disagree wid almost every thing yuh typed, except! the red bolded referances! i really believe campaign over in the minds of the TTFF and righfully SO!!

they did every thing in their power to assure this result !! a lot of lame brain decisions and a lot of nonsensical sh!t ! now is pay tuh the piper time!

i refuse tuh believe we beating costa rica in tobago , hasley crawford,or the oval, and we certainly not beating el tri in aztaca, and we not beating honduras in they back yard, we not beating the U.S. with their A team until 2018, and we certainly not beating costa rica in their back yard neither!

the only 2 games i see us winning for this whole campaign is, El salvador @ home maybe! and mexico @ home! if we finish wid 10 points we lucky. if yuh fail to prepare prepare tuh fail!! jamaica learn that lession very early! too little too late!

pancho gone wid the bag ah money he get tuh damage we football and set us back 6 yrs, and yet again another foolish near sighted move by AJW and the TTFF! and for the 100th time jack warner falls on his own sword!!! again!!

we agree on this family. :beermug:

fren thing and politrix kill it!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »
Kiffy regardless of your intent .. yuh mak ah off color comment, just give we a 'my bad 'and end de ole talk .. oh by the way, like yuh never hear about Tony Singh from Saints? ... ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »
Kiffy,
        Valentino Singh, Kenny Ramdoo, Milton Seeberan, Mervyn Sirju, Steve Khan, Michael Boodhoo, Leo Brewster, Zafar khan, Bobby Sookram and many more.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »
JC,
      I agree with you. But Pacho ain't carry we football 6 yrs. It went back from the time Jack Blacklist them fellas!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »

yuh is a twin?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>