April 27, 2024, 08:18:09 AM

Author Topic: Football in Tobago makes no sense  (Read 14113 times)

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football in Tobago makes no sense
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
I am all in favor of this game being played in Tobago. I know in my heart playing a WCQ game in Tobago is long overdue, and Jack is doing the right thing.

Some people claim to be indifferent about playing  this game in Tobago. But the onus is on Tobago & its poeple to improve  - even before the game is played - our chances of winning the game. I tell you.

I was born & raised in Trinidad. When I walk up Rosalino Street, I am in front of the Oval; and I am about eight minutes away from HCS.

You know what's hard to digest? Man & woman on this forum - probably the heart & soul of we football - saying and believing  that a WCQ game played in Tobago is an "away" game. Allyuh take win yes!!

I go leave this forum with this: Jack jeopardized this 2010 campaign when he black listed the 2006 world cup players. Then he made damn sure we wouldn't qualify for SA when he fired Wim & replaced him with Maturana, instead of hiring another competent dutch coach. But that is just my opinion & I am not trying to impose my views on anyone.

Tobago:
Come out & support YOUR team on the June 6th. Treat the poeple that are adamant about taking this game away from you  - because of all the wonderful reasons they have cited - with courtersy & respect. Be aware, you will get plenty condesending smiles from your compatriots.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »
I real disappointed that i wont get to see the game live, but that is probably the same feeling most Tobagonians does go through every time we play. Them fellas deserve the chance to see a game across there, after all the team is Trinidad and Tobago.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »
about time bago got a lil bligh

but

if the national stadium was a loud noisy den of warrior supporters it would never be held thier we have ourselves to blame

now shut up

turn out

and make some noise

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
aye so where we meeting for this game.. Uncovered is the best.. LOL . ima be there on d 6th. I live like about 10 mins from the stadia.. ooh then days when i in ma bed and they have concerts going on. LOL...
I welcome u my fellow Warriors, to embrace the fact that its not an away game.. we should count we lucky stars that all our games weren't played in the US..

"Sometimes we dont understand why.. but we need not ask why but how are we going to make it better. Such is life that all the bads of this world will never over come the good"
Christon J Harrypersad

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »
well i go be eenside for sure. i practically from tobago so me eh diggin no horrors goin over to see d game.  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »
This is not a Trinidad or Tobago thing, some peeps trying to make it out to be, but its not.

In general, the posters whose opinions are against playing in Tobago have no ill feelings towards our folks in Tobago but rather  its about our football...is it  to our advantage? and what is the real motive behind the to move to play in DYS (we can have healthy discussions here)

All who want to stay blind could stay blind, but please dont start no beef between T&T :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009, 07:00:54 PM »
I real disappointed that i wont get to see the game live, but that is probably the same feeling most Tobagonians does go through every time we play. Them fellas deserve the chance to see a game across there, after all the team is Trinidad and Tobago.
So wham, yuh cyar tek ah ferry or ah dash8 over the water? yuh know it's only 25mins from piarco tuh tobago and another 25 mins tuh the dwight yorke stadium. i will say it's the same time as sanjuan to murcorapo and back!

i woulda love to be in trini, i woulda make all them games. what a great advantage allyuh local base have over us expats.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
no no lets move the game to the stadium of light, after all our 3 top players are very familar with the pitch and the environment. what about that huh?  because around June tobago gets very very cold, i dont think or players will be too familar with that.
Local players? nah they dont play at the dys. it will be a first 4 everyone. come on mates .

by the way my location is  trinidad ............LONG PAUSE and tobago not england in case u were wondering
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »
How a game in Tobago could be an "away game" boy? Anybody on this forum that saying that is ah top level c*&t......and this is one of the few times I cuss on this forum.

I go say it loud and clear and who vex I eh care........Trinidad has some of the STOOOOPPPIDDDEST people in the world.

Where is USA's home stadium?

STEEUUPS..............

Ah bet the crowd in the DYS is the loudest ever heard at a game ever heard in TnT. Bet yuh.....
Two islands are better than one.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2009, 08:03:43 PM »
Look at de author...it never had ah good "Singh" in fitball yet....  Dat name only good for roti shop, hardware, store and plumming supplies...steeeeeuppppeesss!

This statement exemplify why you is a c*nt.

This no different that when Juve fans say "A Black Italian does not exist"

Bump yuh mouth daddy...yuh online, so yuh bad! enjoy de security of de internet...and for future reference, stop being soo passionate bout old talk

That sound like ah threat boy,tone it down fellas.....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »
Nobody ain't saying Tobago should not get a game.  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »
no no lets move the game to the stadium of light, after all our 3 top players are very familar with the pitch and the environment. what about that huh?  because around June tobago gets very very cold, i dont think or players will be too familar with that.
Local players? nah they dont play at the dys. it will be a first 4 everyone. come on mates .

by the way my location is  trinidad ............LONG PAUSE and tobago not england in case u were wondering

So Carlos etal familiar wit d DY gr8 I sold
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
3 pages later we are yet to have a poster highlight the benefits of playing in Tobago and listing the advantages that TT has in it's quest to defeat Costa Rica.

Carry on...

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2009, 08:10:34 PM »
3 pages later we are yet to have a poster highlight the benefits of playing in Tobago and listing the advantages that TT has in it's quest to defeat Costa Rica.

Carry on...

D benefit is dat d bago peeps gettin 2 c a WCQ.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »
Is a good ting I on entertainment with this side yes...anyhow.

Come nah alyuh, yuh disagreeing with my post, calling me names and yet have nuttin to refute or substantiate alyuh arguement.

Alright lemme read and spell for some of us here...

Team Trinidad and Tobago Advantages of playing the game in the Dwight Yorke Stadium Tobago.

Team T&T Benefit #1.....(insert benefit here)

Team T&T Benefit #2....(insert benefit here)

Team T&T Benefit #3...Vocal and supportive 7500 crowd to instill passion in Dwight, Keon and Cyd.

Carry On...

Psssssttt alyuh I have wool to sell, it seems I have quite a few customers here.

At this level, all football about is MONEY...why would the Jackular take a hit so. It not taking him nothing to put up the plyboard and scaffold in the Marvin lee and keep the prices the same. It ent nuttin for him to go in the oval or any other available stadia. There must be a reason...is either he making he money some other way or he decide to cut his losses early.
Doh forget when is HCS he paying a rental or % of gate to Gary Hunt...it must be cost him less to go across Bago with the 7500 and with the reduced ticket price.
Jack is a smart man...is some thing up. The wool and smokescreen in full effect.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »

Carry on...

Oh shit man!!!.....what are the advantages of playing at the Hasely?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2009, 08:54:26 PM »
I agree with the writer.

There is more than just the mortar inside the pestle.

I am neither here nor there for Tobago getting a game...is just the timing of the game suspect.

I not on the Tobago issue, who toting feelings, noise in the stadium, waggonist, sacrifices to see a game etc...that is all of alyuh personal grouse and inferiority complex, real or imagined.

I have no idea why you felt the need to include this... maybe it's your own personal grouse and inferiority complex, real or imagined?  Me personally I only been to Tobago twice, once when ah was 10 and den two months ago... so trust mankind ent have de kinda imaginary hang ups you have floating around inside yuh head.

My main concern is that in a must win do or die game...by putting the match in Tobago, how has that improved our chances of winning the game?

All who for the game in Tobago answer me that!

How has it worsened our chances of winning the game?

Mindset and routine is part of the game, comfort, knowledge of the field, pre-game rituals etc.

Listen...even something as simple as shitting in the morning does get affected with a change in location. Some people just cyar do that nowhere else but home.

We turn a "home" game into an "away" game and yuh cyar spin that no way no how.

Finally....yuh ever think the TTFF know they arse is grass, the campaign over, and looking to HELP the nation by HIDING the shit them fellas does play on the field. It go only be 7500 seeing instead of 25,000...I feel that is wha going on in them fellas mind in trute.

You's normally ah sensible fella but yuh real talking ah pack ah ass right dey.  So you trying to say anytime we play in Mannie Ramjohn or de Marvin Lee that is an "away" game??  We only have ONE home field in all of Trinidad AND Tobago??  What a sorry state of affairs if true.  If that is really the case then more power to Jack then... nutten like ah sorf "road" game tuh get we ready fuh qualifying on de road, no? 

Your argument would hold more water if these men playing de football day in day out at the HCS, when in fact the reality is that half of them play at facilities worse than the Dwight Yorke, and the other half ply their trade overseas... so HCS is only remotely familiar to them... if yuh really talking about routine and all ah dat.  How much time yuh think that particular US squad dat cut we ass in Tennessee play at LP field?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
The way men talking you would swear the match playing in the Azteca. What is so different about the conditions in Tobago that men have to get familiar with? When is to fete Tobago is nothing for us to get comfortable with, but all of a sudden it's an issue for the football team? Tobago is a 20 minute flight away and who here has not spent some varying amount of time in the sister isle? It takes more time for me to drive to my friend in Pt. Fortin than to get to where I stay when I go Tobago. Which of our players have to "adjust" to "conditions" in Tobago? These men "shitting" in a different stadium every other week for their employer and they do just fine. How hard it is to "shit" in Tobago in the morning and still play good in the evening?

This change bothering supporters more than it bothering players. If we really want to make field familiarity an issue then it doesn't matter where men play because the fields they are most familiar with are in Europe. If adjusting to playing in Tobago is going to be a problem for our players then we deserve to lose.

Bingo.

Look at de author...it never had ah good "Singh" in fitball yet....  Dat name only good for roti shop, hardware, store and plumming supplies...steeeeeuppppeesss!

Ole talk is ole talk... but yuh come in real outta timing with dat comment dey fella.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:04:51 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2009, 08:58:41 PM »
That Singh is Kendal JagdeoSingh. Look man, throwing aspersions on someone name Singh is not nice. You could be cussing an Afro-trini.

I hear you saying dat throwing aspersions on someone name Singh is not nice because " You could be cussing an Afro-trini". Shud dat be interpreted to mean dat it is nice if the cussing is directed at an Indo-Trini?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »
How a game in Tobago could be an "away game" boy? Anybody on this forum that saying that is ah top level c*&t......and this is one of the few times I cuss on this forum.

I go say it loud and clear and who vex I eh care........Trinidad has some of the STOOOOPPPIDDDEST people in the world.

Where is USA's home stadium?

STEEUUPS..............

Ah bet the crowd in the DYS is the loudest ever heard at a game ever heard in TnT. Bet yuh.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:... dai'z right, cuss dey c**t.  Whey de ass is de US home field fuh real??

*High f**kkin five*

Nobody ain't saying Tobago should not get a game.   

They not?  Man straight up saying Tobago shouldn't get ah game dis critical.  So I ask you, if not this game then which one?  Gold Cup?  Friendly?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:05:37 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:15 PM »

This statement exemplify why you is a c*nt.

This no different that when Juve fans say "A Black Italian does not exist"

Bump yuh mouth daddy...yuh online, so yuh bad! enjoy de security of de internet...and for future reference, stop being soo passionate bout old talk

Dat old talk was in poor taste and not fitting for present day thinking.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2009, 09:06:53 PM »
No need to curse

We on discourse here...I have at least 8 points to share with you but you go first.

I ask first...play along now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »

Carry on...

More intimate crowd... more passionate fans.  Yuh damn sure ent go get no hoity toity waggonist who only come tuh lime and gape de Carib girls.

Now your turn... tell us the disadvantages.  And by dat ah doh mean shitting in ah strange toilet... maybe dat does give you trouble but I bet when most humans gotta go they gotta go.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
Anbrat,
          There are quite a few Afro-trinis with Indian blood. Some have Indian/Muslim names.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »
this makes no sense.... aside from the fact that the TTFF loosing money, arent we a country.. we should take pride that out country consist of 2 beautiful isles, this is a really touchy subject with respects to Trinbagonians and Trinidadians. The Trini's would never accept Tobagonians as equals.. well not all of em that is. change is inevitable, like it or not it always happens.

" Our Ignorance towards life and people, leads us to failure at every instant we think we have achieved"
Christon J Harrypersad

thats rite...agreeed!

Apart from that, if yuh read de fist article, it states that it seems as tho, they made that move as a inspirational/ sentimental gesture for latapy, yorke nd the players, as well as to inaugurate what has been in the making for a long time, Latas being the coach of our national team....
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2009, 09:21:01 PM »
No need to curse

We on discourse here...I have at least 8 points to share with you but you go first.

I ask first...play along now.

While we young nah Moses. 

All dat time yuh liming up on de Mount yuh coulda done leave we de Commandments long time.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »
Bakes,
            When there was all the  grand charging with venue for the first game, Jack say the Oval, then South, then Arima, then his stadium. Why did he not play it in Sando.  Mannie  bigger than his own and I sure the Southerners would have come out in full support. South does hardly get international games as before.

But anyhow, in the future we should spread the games around. Scarborough, Sando, Palo Seco, Point, even Grande(if they fix the field). US does play all over and still cut we arse. How come we can't do the same.

This argument would have been mute if this team was playing good. They are not.We don't have confidence in them.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2009, 09:39:02 PM »
Bakes I dealing with Socafan...let me hear him first and I will share my thoughts with both of you.

However the passionate fans point to me is mere speculation...yet to be proven.

So Tobago people doh have no waggonists in their midst or doh gape are Carib girls? I could push a stupid talk and say based on the number of games played there they might be suffering from unaccustommed...but noise in the stands does not always equate to performance on the field...so I not convinced on this point.

Also on sheer numbers is 7,500 vs 22,000...plus the hasely have a few riddim sections going and people use the thundersticks and whistles/noisemakers that are handed out. Honestly the Guatemala game had much more noise in it than the last Honduras game and For Guatemala, Mexico and Bahrain in the last WCQ the atmosphere was good. If the HCS on point DYS cyar touch it.

But ok...for what its worth Benefit #1 (better louder and more passionate fans in bago)..speculation.

Personally Bakes...I cyar shit nowhere else but home. Dais me...my bamsee does get shy. When I travel abroad..even a down the islands etc I will get a bout of constipation. If a runnings take me...is straight home.

I want to go in meh bed soon so I waiting for Socafan and the rest. Doh frighten i go continue this shortly.

But I will hit you one fact...just a thought...how are your feelings about Home Record. Like Liverpool at the Kop or Manu in Trafford or Chelsea at the Bridge or Arsenal etc. What do you think is the reason for that...fans chanting aside.

Trinidad and Tobago currently has an excellent record in the HCS and have not lost a WCQ there since Beenhaker came on board. The one loss in WCQ at home was in the marvin lee.

Does that record count for anything? Is it not an achievement to be proud of?...we did beat USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama and Cuba there...the HCS has a positive vibes...intangible maybe but a record currently exists.

but we go get into more points later on.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
This is not a Trinidad or Tobago thing, some peeps trying to make it out to be, but its not.

In general, the posters whose opinions are against playing in Tobago have no ill feelings towards our folks in Tobago but rather  its about our football...is it  to our advantage? and what is the real motive behind the to move to play in DYS (we can have healthy discussions here)

All who want to stay blind could stay blind, but please dont start no beef between T&T :beermug:

my sentiments exactly  :beermug:

Offline morgz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2009, 09:50:20 PM »
Boy I does hardly post, in fact i does just read and get meh kicks but this one hitting close to home (and ah mean real close).

Men talking bout this game like if it have some players on the national side that never kick a ball in DYS. But the fact remains that on a number of occasions (and I'll stand to be corrected if I am wrong) at some point of all of these fellars careers they would have either played or trained in the stadium. I mean we have had national training camps in bago before, so what, the grass an air in bago so foreign steups.

And as far as benefits, there may be none as far as anyone can tell but then again we will have to actually play a game to know now won't we.

Look and many of my friends and family pay for our plane/boat tickets travel to Trini and watch games at extra cost, and hoss is more than the cost a gas or taxi fare, and we support our team. So don't we deserve to have a game in Tobago too, eh.

I believe games should be rotated throughout TnT but while all you have to consider gas or a transport for a game anywhere in Trinidad. Any Tobagonian would have to find the added boat or airfare and 10 to 1 you will still find a crew of us there.

Anyhow one never knows which way it will go in the land of lies, half truths and innuendos. So if it plays in DYS I will be there making noise all the way. YES WIN, DRAW or LOOSE.    

1]; } ?>