April 28, 2024, 02:17:28 PM

Author Topic: Fresh recruits for Warriors - Coach calls Dwarika, Nixon, Glen, Theobald  (Read 4621 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BY NIGEL SIMON
Trinidad Guardian

T&T midfielder CARLOS EDWARDS (second from left) has the attention of teammates KENWYNE JONES (background) NIGEL HENRY, SILVIO SPANN and JERREN NIXON during the team’s training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo yesterday. This was in preparation for tomorrow’s CONCACAF World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica at the same venue.
Photo: Shirley Bahadur

Dallas Burn striker Cornell Glen has been brought into the T&T team for the CONCACAF World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo on Wednesday. Glen was due back home last night, after passing a medical test following an ankle injury, which forced him to miss Saturday’s match in which T&T was defeated 5-1 by Guatemala.

In addition to Glen, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh defender Keyeno Thomas and midfielders Arnold Dwarika, Densil Theobald, Marlon Rojas and Jerren Nixon were involved in the team’s training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday, under coach Bertille St Clair and technical director Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips.

But the Warriors are expected to be without sturdy Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin “Dog” Andrews for an extended period.  Andrews sustained cruciate ligament damage to his left knee during his team’s 2-0 Scottish Premier League win over Dundee last week and has been advised to undergo surgery on the knee.  However, the T&T defender—a devout Christian and believer in faith healing—has told Rangers he will play with the pain instead of undergoing surgery.  The injury not only forced Andrews to miss Rangers’ CIS Insurance Cup final which the team won from Motherwell last week, but caused Andrews to miss the match against Guatemala.

While the absence of Andrews and Ian Cox (hamstring injury) was surely missed, assistant coach David Nakhid— a second-half substitute in the match in Guatemala—feels otherwise.  Speaking at the team’s training session yesterday Nakhid said: “It’s going to be a long campaign—10 matches over eight months—and injuries will happen, so we have to cope with the injuries how we can.  “We have conceded seven goals in two matches, which means we need to work harder defensively and take our chances at the other end.”

Reflecting on the match against Guatemala, team captain Dwight Yorke stated: “Everyone involved in the football is not feeling good at the moment but you have got to look at the positive side, meaning that we can change things around starting from the next game on Wednesday (tomorrow). “We have to pick ourselves up to ensure that we can bounce back quickly or else we can find ourselves in a very critical position.  “The work ethic must remain the same and even though we conceded so many goals away from home we must continue to stay strong as a team.  “It’s very hard to describe how hard it is for us but as an experienced player, I have got to try and help as best as I can in this time.” Yorke added.

“Looking at us from an attacking point of view; we obviously didn’t look too bad—certainly not as the scoreline indicated, because we failed to convert at crucial points. Every time we looked like we were going to change things around, we just end up being knocked back,” Yorke said.

Asked what the scenario could be if there was a change at the helm of the team, Yorke responded:
“As a player, you never want to see something of that nature; but whether we like it or not the people in higher places will make a decision as they see it.  “We as professional players just need to keep doing what we are here to do and maintain that focus of trying to achieve that ultimate goal,” Yorke ended.

The T&T team will hold its final training session today from 4.30 pm while the Costa Ricans, who arrived yesterday, will also train today at the match venue.

T&T’s team:

Shaka Hislop, Nigel Henry, Anton Pierre, Brent Sancho, Dennis Lawrence, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Hector Sam, Dwight Yorke, Angus Eve, Carlos Edwards, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Nigel Pierre, Silvio Spann, Clayton Ince, Marlon Rojas, Atiba Charles, Cornell Glen, Arnold Dwarika, Densil Theobald, Jerren Nixon.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 05:37:18 AM by arrow »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
What excuse ıs there for not recalling Sealey at such a crucial juncture.

I wouldl be paranoid if Glenn couldn't stand up to the rigours fo the whol game.

But with yorke, john, nixon and jones I guess I could see why.

I'm just a bit paranoid about Theobald and Glenn being 100% right now. If both get injured that go be real pull stones.

Dwight seems to be suggesting that we will play a more defensive game.
We played with four at the back vs. Guat and get we ass wash, so perhaps he right.

I remember vs. Hond back in 2001, we played damn well, but defensive lapses made us lose 4-2 at home. Even when we soring we was getting cut ass.

I would start Glenn and Thob. so if they get injured we don't have to finish with them. But the coach see dem in training so he prob. know better.

Shaka

pierre                                       henry/Sancho                                                 rojas

Tiger

edwards                                      theobald                                                   yorke

Jones/Glenn

I know bsc will start with John up front, but this is what I'd like to see.
Yorke can switch to the middle or upr front if need be.
Nix in the second half up front or on the left.
We what Eve dey for.

Do you realize the only defensive option is Tall Man?

If two defenders get injured wht we go do?

Is a good ting Tiger and Yorke hvae defensive capabilities.

When was the lasst time Dwar. played?
How did he look?

Peace,
VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dwarika and theobald better get a good run if not start.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Sports Reporters what happen to Scott Sealey...allyuh know who that is?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 08:25:51 AM »
This Scott Sealey thing is the biggest mystery.
What happen to the sports reporters?

Did this man not look good while playing for us in previous games?
Did he ask to spend more time with KC?  He done already score for them and he now start....hard to believe he not itching to have a go at them Costa Ricans.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where is Otis Seaton???  I guess he has to get a contract at a Second Division Club in Turkey before he gets the respect he deserves.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Let's get  players who are hungry to prove themselves who want to play who need to show well.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
What is the point of bringing back Dwarika now? If he is in the picture why wasn't he featuring for the past four months.

Also that squad has 5 defenders total and one set of attacking midfielders. I hope we not going to see no 3-5-2. In fact even though we lost two games we should be looking to get a draw from this game. How many times has CR beaten us at home?

If BSC feels that because we lost wo games we absolutely need a win and he goes for a win-or-die, trust me we dead.

A draw will get us on track and then we have to focus on beating Panama twice, beating Guatemala at home and getting something from Mexico at home and hoping for something against US, CR away, places where we at oleast have a history of getting draws.

The key now is to stabilize the ship. We cannot expect to go from a team that get 5 from Guatemala to a team that is beating CR. It just does not work so.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Finally some good news....nt
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »
 ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JDB: you are right in many regards. But you also has to look reality square in the eye. You do no texpect a team which has been beaten by a lower rank team of locally developed players to go all out and beat a team higher in the ranking and  is playing better  than Guatemala?

Frankly I don't like our chances.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Playing Costa Rica at home
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 09:20:23 AM »
How many times has CR beaten us at home?

We have played Costa Rica 5 times at home. We have won 1 (back in 1971), lost 3 and drew 1.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"In addition to Glen, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh defender Keyeno Thomas and midfielders Arnold Dwarika, Densil Theobald, Marlon Rojas and Jerren Nixon were involved in the team’s training session "

Can't really see that as good news...The guys have been out of the pic. for a while. Have they been playing, what is their form, they have come like local foreigners, taxi-in 2 days before the game, with no proven recent history. Not saying the guys are not good, but at this point, the bench men go get pass over again?
Oh well...whatever....C'mon T&T...

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
What flippin' sense does it make to recall Nixon at this stage instead of Scott Sealy who trainin' wit dee squad for almost a year.  Also, dee man hit some good form of late....I cah understand dis chupidness....ah still goin down tommorrow....but ah hope bertie pappy show really pull off...either way...he will have to find another salary come wednesday night.. >:(

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke should be striking. Yuh not going to get the full effectiveness out of him as a mid-fielder. He is a center foward

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Although, I like these players and think they can contribute.

Why, at this late stage, 5 fresh faces....what happened to the other soldiers bsc...?

It appears that they are trying to patch some major leaks with band aids.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
say what you will about the fresh faces included, but i for one am real happy rojas and glen back in th picture.where is sealey though?maybe berty feel he have too many strikers?
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I PREDICT TNT GETTING AT LEAST A PT THIS WEDNESDAY
Hart for president

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
I PREDICT TNT GETTING AT LEAST A PT THIS WEDNESDAY

I would be more than happy with that.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fresh warriors; dem boys neeed some fresh 'tun tun'

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Any changes will help after what happen on Sat!
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 08:15:20 PM »

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
say what you will about the fresh faces included, but i for one am real happy rojas and glen back in th picture.where is sealey though?maybe berty feel he have too many strikers?

Supporter:

I was trying to reaffirm the fact that they are clueless. More simply, why were these men not picked before? They were quick to call up Lawrence when Dog get hurt but overlooked areas of real need. Jus my 2 cents.

1]; } ?>