April 29, 2024, 07:09:20 AM

Author Topic: WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSS  (Read 15036 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSS
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »
Three-year-old girl mauled by pit bull
Cori Baynes
A three-year-old girl narrowly escaped death after she was mauled by a pit bull in Marabella yesterday. Natalia Jones, of Sooknanan Street, Marabella, is warded at San Fernando General Hospital in a serious, but stable condition. She received 30 stitches about her face and head. According to police reports, the incident occurred around 3.45 pm when Natalia and her mother Andrea Warner went to visit friends in Bayshore, Marabella.

While there, Natalia reportedly wandered off to play with some other children and was attacked when she passed close to the dog. When the Guardian visited the hospital yesterday, Natalia lay bandaged on the bed, with stitches on the side of her head. Her left eye was swollen shut. With worried looks on their faces, the child’s father Nicholas Jones and few well-wishers surrounded the bed. Jones said even though Natalia was extremely lucky to be alive, she was unlucky because she did nothing to provoke the dog. “Some of the neighbours said the dog had not been fed for a few days and was aggressive, so when my daughter passed, he just attacked her,” he said.

He alleged that rope was used to tie the dog to a post on the unfenced property, thus posing a threat to the many children who live in the area. “None of the people responsible for the dog came and told me anything...At least they could have asked me how she was doing,” he said. The pit bull is ranked highly on the yet to be implemented Dangerous Dogs Bill which is an act to regulate the keeping of dangerous dogs which pose a danger to the public.

Reached by cellphone, councillor for the area Jennifer Marryshaw condemned the incident and expressed concern over the number of pit bull owners in the area. “Many people who live in that area own pit bulls but they have to consider that there are many kids living there also,” Marryshaw said. “I hope that when people have those kinds of dogs, they will secure them properly with a muzzle.”

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »
who's the dog owner?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 12:29:48 PM »
most important de lil chile had she guardian angels with she.now put de fukkin hound dong.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 01:07:25 PM »
who's the dog owner?

Ent...where that irresponsible backside is. And everybody probably mad at the dog

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 01:26:05 PM »
most important de lil chile had she guardian angels with she.now put de f**kkin hound dong.

The problem isn't the dog.

Never is.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »
most important de lil chile had she guardian angels with she.now put de f**kkin hound dong.

Never is.

Shoot the dog that standing on  2 legs.
This is what I talking bout Bakes , if you have a child and this happen to that child and you know who controlling the dog and the way the wheels of justice turn, would you leave it as is ?
Me ? I taking it (justice)  into mih own hands and ah waterboarding first.

All the innocents that get killed on the highways, from kidnapping, stray bullets etc and no justice for them , breds civil society or no somebody have to pay.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »

Never is.

This is what I talking bout Bakes , if you have a child and this happen to that child and you know who controlling the dog and the way the wheels of justice turn, would you leave it as is ?

All the innocents that get killed on the highways, from kidnapping, stray bullets etc and no justice for them , breds civil society or no somebody have to pay.

You sure you arguing with the right person??

All I said is that it's not the dog to blame.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:35:23 PM »

Never is.

You sure you arguing with the right person??

All I said is that it's not the dog to blame.

This is like a terrorist attack, indiscriminate and no perp unless yuh go beyond the law.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »

This is like a terrorist attack, indiscriminate and no perp unless yuh go beyond the law.

Your statement by itself lacks any kinda sense... read as a response to what I said, it's even more perplexing.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
Why is the Dangerous Dogs Law still languishing some where?
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
Why is the Dangerous Dogs Law still languishing some where?

Like d lost Max address 2 drop it 4 him 2 sign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »

Never is.
that will b de beginnin.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
Girl, 8, attacked, bitten by dog
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161474703
Nikita Braxton South Bureau (down south again  :( )

Friday, May 8th 2009

SAD SIGHT: Dog-bite victim, Aalayah Huggins is comforted by her grand-mother Maria yesterday at her Ste Madeleine home. -Photo: DAVE PERSAD

An eight-year-old girl on the way to the village parlour was attacked and bitten by a dog in Ste Madeleine on Tuesday.

It took three people to get the dog off Aalayah Huggins.

The dog had chomped down on her left arm and refused to release her.

It took Aalayah's grandfather, uncle and aunt to save the girl.

They had to beat the dog before it released the child's left arm, her mother Adanna Huggins said yesterday.

The dog is believed dead. The Huggins family said they were receiving death threats because of this.

The mauling happened Tuesday morning while Huggins was on her way to the parlour to buy snacks.

When the dog came, the girl ran and slipped through a hole in a fence to evade the animal.

"But the dog hid behind a car and waited for her. It jumped on her and threw her to the ground," Huggins said.

The girl was taken to the Pleasantville health facility where her wound was bandaged.

She was also treated for bruises to her feet, Huggins said.

Since the incident family members said they have been threatened by the owners of the mixed breed dog. "They told us to be careful now that the dog is dead and if it is war we want, is war we would get," grandmother Maria Huggins said.

Little Aalayah's attack is the second on a child in recent weeks.

Three-year-old Nathalia Jones was rescued from a pitbull attack in Marabella two weeks ago. She was playing in a neighbour's yard when she was bitten.

Yesterday, Nathalia visited the San Fernando General Hospital. Her father Nicholas Jones said she was doing better. "It is only the cut behind her ear that still has to heal properly and is still causing her pain," he said.

Jones is still looking for justice for his child's ailments.

"Even if they don't want to pass the law (Dangerous Dogs Act), they could still put things in place so that the owner of the animal should be accountable," he said.

Investigations are continuing into both incidents.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »
Real hard to read when this happening to small children. When I was small I get bite by three different dog, on de same leg, in the space of 6 months. No pitbull though, thankfully...dem is an entirely different breed of wildness and ferocity

I never blamed the dogs...although at the time I went back and pelt stone, forceripe mango all kinda thing behind them. Even now to this day when I go back and see them the owners still have them how they is.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
Real hard to read when this happening to small children. When I was small I get bite by three different dog, on de same leg, in the space of 6 months. No pitbull though, thankfully...dem is an entirely different breed of wildness and ferocity
I never blamed the dogs...although at the time I went back and pelt stone, forceripe mango all kinda thing behind them. Even now to this day when I go back and see them the owners still have them how they is.

Nonsense.

A dog is just the product of its training.  Note that the dog that bit this child was "mixed breed"... aka mongrel, aka mutt... likely of the pothound variety.  I bet you the majority of dog bites in Trinidad involve pothounds... they pose the greatest danger if any to the public.  Should pothounds be executed under the Dangerous Dog Acts? (Question not for you Grande, for the proponents of the Act.)

There are no inherently bad dogs, just bad owners who fail/don't know how to properly train their animals.  This would be the vast majority of dog-owners in TnT.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:32:26 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »

Nonsense.

A dog is just the product of its training.  Note that the dog that bit this child was "mixed breed"... aka mongrel, aka mutt... likely of the pothound variety.  I bet you the majority of dog bites in Trinidad involve pothounds... they pose the greatest danger if any to the public.  Should pothounds be executed under the Dangerous Dog Acts? (Question not for you Grande, for the proponents of the Act.)

There are no inherently bad dogs, just bad owners who fail/don't know how to properly train their animals.  This would be the vast majority of dog-owners in TnT.

Admittedly I believe all them dog I get bite from have at least a percentage of pothound in dem  :D

but the subtle "Nature vs Nurture" situation yuh implied here have me thinking. Many mammals, including dogs, are territorial...they doh attack because they inherently so, yuh right Bakes, but because they feel threatened/need to protect. When I had get bite, it was because I was too near some newborn puppies, or I was an unfamiliar sight in their yard...or meh maga leg look like a bone, I eh know  ;D

I go use a loose example here but will stay within the mammal realm: remember when one of the Siberian tigers lose it and attack Sigfreid or Roy (cyar remember who) when dey was whipping it/around it? It was unexpected because them tigers were under strict manners and training from young...and all of a sudden one of them lose it and lash out. Personally I was glad the tiger bite he ass.

I hear yuh on the dog being a product of its training...but I personally doh believe it is a 100% so all the time, as close to that as it may be.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:11:48 PM by Grande »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »

Admittedly I believe all them dog I get bite from have at least a percentage of pothound in dem  :D

but the subtle "Nature vs Nurture" situation yuh implied here have me thinking. Many mammals, including dogs, are territorial...they doh attack because they inherently so, yuh right Bakes, but because they feel threatened/need to protect. When I had get bite, it was because I was too near some newborn puppies, or I was an unfamiliar sight in their yard...or meh maga leg look like a bone, I eh know  ;D

I go use a loose example here but will stay within the mammal realm: remember when one of the Siberian tigers lose it and attack Sigfreid or Roy (cyar remember who) when dey was whipping it/around it? It was unexpected because them tigers were under strict manners and training from young...and all of a sudden one of them lose it and lash out. Personally I was glad the tiger bite he ass.

I hear yuh on the dog being a product of its training...but I personally doh believe it is a 100% so all the time, as close to that as it may be.

Imagine de hue and outcry if dey try tuh ban pothound in Trinidad  :rotfl:

Yuh raise a fair point about it not being 100% foolproof, and I would agree... yuh could train dog all yuh want but yuh'll never be able to manipulate the strings to completely control it.  I would say though that despite yuh Sigfried and Roy example being a good one, Tigers and dogs are different animals, literally.  Dogs are domesticated and for thousands of years have been bred to isolate particular traits... including pitbulls for fighting.  Pits aren't bred to attack people, improper training is what causes that.  Dogs are less prone to randomly attack humans than Tigers are for the very reason that selective breeding has removed such unpredictable instinctive urges to attack (humans) from their psychological make up.  Needless to say Tigers have no such history of domestication in their favor. 

Besides, fuh all we know de poor tiger mighta been allergic tuh bullas.

*waits fuh Verycute1 tuh reach*

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »

Imagine de hue and outcry if dey try tuh ban pothound in Trinidad  :rotfl:

Yuh raise a fair point about it not being 100% foolproof, and I would agree... yuh could train dog all yuh want but yuh'll never be able to manipulate the strings to completely control it.  I would say though that despite yuh Sigfried and Roy example being a good one, Tigers and dogs are different animals, literally.  Dogs are domesticated and for thousands of years have been bred to isolate particular traits... including pitbulls for fighting.  Pits aren't bred to attack people, improper training is what causes that.  Dogs are less prone to randomly attack humans than Tigers are for the very reason that selective breeding has removed such unpredictable instinctive urges to attack (humans) from their psychological make up.  Needless to say Tigers have no such history of domestication in their favor. 

Besides, fuh all we know de poor tiger mighta been allergic tuh bullas.

*waits fuh Verycute1 tuh reach*

Good point about de domestication/history side.

Ban pothounds in Trinidad?! That is a longstanding presence in our national history and dare I say a source of pride in a strange way...no need for vet, special diet or high maintenance...yet yuh still getting loyalty and protection in its own way  ;D

I am pro-pothound

:salute:   ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:18:22 PM by Grande »

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 05:09:02 PM »

Good point about de domestication/history side.

Ban pothounds in Trinidad?! That is a longstanding presence in our national history and dare I say a source of pride in a strange way...no need for vet, special diet or high maintenance...yet yuh still getting loyalty and protection in its own way  ;D

I am pro-pothound

:salute:   ;D

Hear Hear motion second. some of my earliest childhood memories are of my pot hound. Was really sad when he get runover by the truck

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 06:08:17 PM »
dis pitbull ting is ah serious ting..only today me ah bredrin an two gyal went dong mayaro to discuss world issues and climate change...had bout 5 yutes wit 3 pitbull an other dogs..dey was mullin about we area (in d wide an empty expanse of beach) so my spidey sense tingle an we buss out..wa we hear later is dat dem does use d dogs tuh rob ppl on d beach...see how deep dis dog ting cud go?...we took our discussions elsewhere

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 10:02:20 AM »
dis pitbull ting is ah serious ting..only today me ah bredrin an two gyal went dong mayaro to discuss world issues and climate change...had bout 5 yutes wit 3 pitbull an other dogs..dey was mullin about we area (in d wide an empty expanse of beach) so my spidey sense tingle an we buss out..wa we hear later is dat dem does use d dogs tuh rob ppl on d beach...see how deep dis dog ting cud go?...we took our discussions elsewhere

Hmmmmmmmm ...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »

Hmmmmmmmm ...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Cubed

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
I not no dog expert...but from what I do know about Pitbulls is that they require real responisibility.

Firstly....mixing of breeds of Dogs wile wile is a recipie for problems. The temperements end up being very unpredictable, resulting in attacks as we all know. However, when dey attack, yuh hear how is a pitbull, not a pothound (or mongrel) that has pitbull in it. Pitbulls are loyal, determined creatures, and thats what they were bred for. A pit in terms of fighting will not snap and throw shoulder like other dogs...he will grab and hold. Hence yuh should have a stick to pry open the jaws.....well..any responsible owner. Pitbulls would adjust to little children that they are familiar to. Its a bad idea to have pitbulls roaming in a yard when there are different children around, especially since little children can be very wicked at times to dogs. Many times you dont hear of the teasing the dog undergoes....whereas yuh quick to hear when they attack. I remember my little brother when he was about 3 years old stubborn as he is...only throwing water on the dog...pulling its tail....doing a setta wickedness. We never had the dog do aggression training as they are naturally aggressive dogs..and he was real friendly and playful at times. Many times he used to see my brother come outside and run in the back because he knew it would be trouble. Anyhow....my brother pulled his tail and he spun around and knocked him down and stood over him growling...dunno if he would have bitten him...but we called him off. Pitbulls are agressive. Proper training is needed...something many people dont do. Proper breeding as well....because many people just breed for the fame of saying..."dah dog have pit mix in it yuh know"..failing to know or care about how unstable the dog may be as a result.
 Dogs....need to have an appreciation of territory. Under no circumstances should a dog be allowed to go outside the yard..and should be punished when doing so. Doing that makes the dog know the limits of the area that it can protect and defend. If a dog roams around..it sees the street as its territory and can attack anyone that passes. But people dont take their responsibilities seriously..and the poor dog gets the effect.

Pitbulls can be nice creatures....i've had two....never gave them aggression training because they naturally aggressive on their own. Plus nobody would want to set foot in the yard with a pitbull anyhow. If yuh want de dog...yuh hadda be prepared to make sacrifices. And when yuh think..the so called pitbulls that we have here in Trinidad are so poor compared to the american ones etc....and when you see how serious breeding and care for those dogs can be...yuh realise that there are many persons who dont deserve to have a pitbull as a pet.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 07:30:27 PM »
Real responsibility no wonder we have problems in TNT

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »

Nonsense.

I think Grande has a point.  All dogs have different natural temperaments.  And different breeds exhibit different traits with regard to aggression.  I think an untrained Lab is less likely to attack than an untrained pit bull...and even in an attack, each dog has a different bite.  My understanding is that pit bulls have an above averate bite-strength which, as a result is likely to cause more harm.  I know I eh telling you anything you don't already know but while I do agree that it's ideal that every dog owner train his/her dog, I think the onus is stronger on owners of certain breeds, and I don't think that each dog is a product of its training only....I think natural temperament goes a long way, in addition to other unknowns about the species that may cause inexplicable or seemingly unprovoked attacks.

What needs to be done in Trini as well is to get the strays off the street- not only are those dogs unhealthy/uncared for, but left alone & hungry and with the ability to form packs they can potential revert to the pack mentality of wild dogs, which could involve "unprovoked" attacks...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »
I think Grande has a point.  All dogs have different natural temperaments.  And different breeds exhibit different traits with regard to aggression.   I think an untrained Lab is less likely to attack than an untrained pit bull...and even in an attack, each dog has a different bite.  My understanding is that pit bulls have an above averate bite-strength which, as a result is likely to cause more harm.  I know I eh telling you anything you don't already know but while I do agree that it's ideal that every dog owner train his/her dog, I think the onus is stronger on owners of certain breeds, and I don't think that each dog is a product of its training only....I think natural temperament goes a long way, in addition to other unknowns about the species that may cause inexplicable or seemingly unprovoked attacks.

What needs to be done in Trini as well is to get the strays off the street- not only are those dogs unhealthy/uncared for, but left alone & hungry and with the ability to form packs they can potential revert to the pack mentality of wild dogs, which could involve "unprovoked" attacks...

The common misperception that many have is that pitbulls are naturally 'aggressive'... this is entirely untrue where humans are concerned.  Pitbulls have been selectively bred over the centuries for dogfighting, not for attacking humans.  As such pitbulls have natural aggression towards other dogs, but like 99% of all dogs are naturally submissive towards humans.  An "untrained" pitbull is just as unlikely to attack (or be aggressive towards) a human as an untrained lab.  Dogs don't naturally attack humans, what causes them to attack is either fear, or training.  People can 'train' bad behavior into dogs both deliberately and unintentionally.  Poor training or deliberate aggression training is what causes the majority of pitbull attacks that we hear about.  To suggest that pitbulls are more likely to be aggressive towards humans than labs just isn't supported by what the experts (on pitbull, and dog behavior in general) have to say.

I think this is where you missed the gist of what I was saying.  I offer this not as some expert in the field of dog psychology, because I'm not one, but I forced myself to learn more about pitbull attacks with the whole Vick case (some research that I was doing) and also from watching the Dog Whisperer.  I know it's just TV, and who knows what agenda Cesar is pushing, but everything I've seen him say about pitbulls and their (lack of ) natural aggression towards humans has been corroborated by other experts in the field.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 08:08:37 AM »
The common misperception that many have is that pitbulls are naturally 'aggressive'... this is entirely untrue where humans are concerned.  Pitbulls have been selectively bred over the centuries for dogfighting, not for attacking humans.  As such pitbulls have natural aggression towards other dogs, but like 99% of all dogs are naturally submissive towards humans.  An "untrained" pitbull is just as unlikely to attack (or be aggressive towards) a human as an untrained lab.  Dogs don't naturally attack humans, what causes them to attack is either fear, or training.  People can 'train' bad behavior into dogs both deliberately and unintentionally.  Poor training or deliberate aggression training is what causes the majority of pitbull attacks that we hear about.  To suggest that pitbulls are more likely to be aggressive towards humans than labs just isn't supported by what the experts (on pitbull, and dog behavior in general) have to say.

I think this is where you missed the gist of what I was saying.  I offer this not as some expert in the field of dog psychology, because I'm not one, but I forced myself to learn more about pitbull attacks with the whole Vick case (some research that I was doing) and also from watching the Dog Whisperer.  I know it's just TV, and who knows what agenda Cesar is pushing, but everything I've seen him say about pitbulls and their (lack of ) natural aggression towards humans has been corroborated by other experts in the field.

Yeah I hear you...and I've heard and read the same thing- and obviously can't offer anything in the line of expertise to counter it...just skeptical about what the "experts" are allowed to say without certain types of proof... and have a suspicion that empirical evidence might not necessarily agree with the experts either. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 01:08:17 PM »

Yeah I hear you...and I've heard and read the same thing- and obviously can't offer anything in the line of expertise to counter it...just skeptical about what the "experts" are allowed to say without certain types of proof... and have a suspicion that empirical evidence might not necessarily agree with the experts either. 

But what "empirical evidence" can you realistically have to show that pitbulls aren't naturally aggressive towards humans?  I think the word of people who deal with them the most... the animal behaviorists should be sufficient.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »
Residents protest 'Devil' dog's return after attack
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161520185
Camille Bethel cbethel@trinidadexpress.com

Thursday, August 20th 2009

He was banished by the people of Fanny Village, Point Fortin, seven months ago after he bit a child. However, the dog named "Devil" has returned.

To protest the home-coming of the dog, residents yesterday met over concerns that the owner of the animal had not fenced her property to ensure the dog could not bite again.

It was back in January that the dog, named JD by the owner, mauled six-year-old Asanti Fortune-an incident that led to protests and the intervention of Member of Parliament for Point Fortin Paula Gopee-Scoon.

As a result, the dog was adopted by Animals Alive-an animal rights group in San Fernando.

However, vice-president of Animals Alive Jowelle De Souza said yesterday that she had the dog in her care for only three days before the dog was forcefully taken by another animal activist.

"She (the rival activist) gave us assistance with the dog the night we took him from Point Fortin but came to my business place three days later with four army officers with big guns and three police officers and took the dog by force," De Souza said.

De Souza said it appeared that the dog was not happy at its new home, so the owner reclaimed her pet.

"Now, the villagers are calling me because they thought that I was the one who gave the dog back, but Animals Alive relinquished all ties with the dog.

De Souza, however, said she would do anything to help the dog because "I know his nature, and he is not a bad dog". Spokesperson for the concerned Fanny villagers Avelon Felix-Semper said, "If we get the dog to go permanently, we will be happy. But obviously we don't have a say on that, so we would settle for it being secured."

About 20 residents gathered near the dog owner's house yesterday where they called on the authorities to explain why the dog has been allowed back into the community when the owner's yard is still unsecured.

The dog's owner could not be reached for comment.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 09:45:02 AM »
i find people back home to damn irresponsible, God was with the child...

1]; } ?>