April 25, 2024, 01:39:45 PM

Author Topic: UEFA drops ESPN  (Read 3685 times)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA drops ESPN
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »
Wow ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

You guys are truely been royally screwed. FSC and Setanta as a separate package. And if it's just those 2 for $75 alone without other sports channels then 

In Montego Bay, Jamaica our cable company Cornwall Communications charge $1,200.00 for the basic package which excludes the sports channels. Now for the MaxPack sports package which are SportsMax, Setanta Sports and Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica subscribers have to pay an extra $400.00 to receive these channels. But here's the kicker, included in the MaxPack sports package are Tennis channel, TSN 2, Speed, ESPN 1 & 2 and the Golf channel for the same $400.00.  ;D ;D

jjbrown

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA drops ESPN
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
      Well, let's hope you ARE right and the format they're using for UEFA Cup is not a template for the CL next year and thereafter, even though I agree with what you're saying........just guardedly so.....I'll put away the razors and the garlic for now......  I really don't find Christopher Sullivan to be so bad, though.  In fact, I don't find him to be bad at all.  Seems his job is to help the average and not-so-average american understand the game and he definitely isn't as boorish and butchering of the english language as Max Bretos is......nor is he as dumb. 

Splau, I will take them GolTv announcers any day, Ray Hudson, the whole package!  He never saw a Brazilian (or Argentinian) that he didn't like!

Yuh forgetting this discussion or what?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=43382.msg557206#msg557206

Christopher Sullivan not half bad... for an American.  He's knowledgeable about the domestic game but I don't really see him bringing much to the European broadcasts.  Not to suggest that he's unqualified for that, just saying that I don't hear enough tactical analysis from him to really compare to the Euro announcers.  That and the notable lack of passion in his analysis.

1]; } ?>