April 26, 2024, 09:54:21 PM

Author Topic: Man City discuss Eto'o with Barca  (Read 719 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Man City discuss Eto'o with Barca
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8022795.stm

Manchester City and Barcelona officials met on Monday and discussed the possible transfer of Samuel Eto'o to Eastlands, BBC Sport understands.

Although it was billed as a contact-building exercise, the chance of a deal for £40m-rated Cameroon striker Eto'o formed part of their discussions.

The 28-year-old was transfer-listed by Barcelona last season but has found his best form under new boss Pep Guardiola.

Eto'o has given no indication he would be willing to leave the Catalan giants.

In February, he said he wanted to stay at Barcelona beyond the end of his contract in 2010.

"Of course I want to continue, I'm very happy and see no reason to leave," he told TV station Canal Catala.

"I'm going to stay to the end of my contract and if the club want me, I would like to stay longer."

Manchester City certainly have the ambition and financial clout to lure the likes of Eto'o since their takeover last September by the Abu Dhabi United Group, backed by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

But the club will not figure in next season's Champions League and are by no means guaranteed a place in the new Europa League.

Officials are also likely to tread carefully in any fresh transfer bids for big-name players following the acrimony over their failed move for AC Milan's Kaka.

Manchester City's executive chairman Garry Cook was criticised after accusing Milan of "bottling" a £100m deal for the Brazilian star.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Man City discuss Eto'o with Barca
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
Man City just dismissed reports linking them to Eto'o ... at least that is what they saying, but who knows!
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>