April 25, 2024, 04:53:43 PM

Author Topic: Latapy call 22 to start training for Costa Rica & Mexico.  (Read 12887 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy call 22 to start training for Costa Rica & Mexico.
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2009, 12:47:41 AM »
BM here ...how much subjects he have ?????

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2009, 03:48:31 AM »
dwayne jack in action...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNGhbmIru9w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RNGhbmIru9w</a>

And if latapy can call back tinto smith etc ... he can also look through the family tree ah players
Yow trini yuh make me watch the whole clip 45 mins long @ 430 am. anyway, glad tuh see the over seas pro's back in the mix BC glasgow and power dem wasn't cutting it!

on the guatemala goal, them boys was real ball watching, bleeder stood up wid his hand on his hip while the fella who ran back tuh cover, had enough time to pick up on ruiz, ruiz on the other hand had time tuh get 2 touches before he slotted away the goal.

if iz a coach and you do dat on my team?? not another game fuh yuh! we T&T doh play with the urgency needed tuh compete in today's international football! even st croix will beat the smack out of us playing like that.          positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »
dwayne jack in action...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNGhbmIru9w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RNGhbmIru9w</a>

And if latapy can call back tinto smith etc ... he can also look through the family tree ah players

This is just a taste of what might have been. With this very team and WIm as coach I honestly believe that we could have had at least 6 pts already. No T&T team under Maturana looked so organised....not one!!!

Not even the ones that played Guatemala away and drew 0-0 with ten men? Or the one that should have won against Guatemala at home? Because we looked very organised in BOTH THOSE GAMES...I just saying..

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »
So has anyone gone to see any of the training this week?  Would like to know what kind of methods Latapy is using and so on.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »
So has anyone gone to see any of the training this week?  Would like to know what kind of methods Latapy is using and so on.

Me eh know how true it is, but ah hear he playin 4-4-2.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
BM here ...how much subjects he have ?????

His kingdom is filled with many loyal subjects, but his round table is filled with court jesters  :beermug:

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »
dwayne jack in action...

This is just a taste of what might have been. With this very team and WIm as coach I honestly believe that we could have had at least 6 pts already. No T&T team under Maturana looked so organised....not one!!!

Not even the ones that played Guatemala away and drew 0-0 with ten men? Or the one that should have won against Guatemala at home? Because we looked very organised in BOTH THOSE GAMES...I just saying..

Yes more organised than the both guatemala games, Take into the consideration also the personnel on this team and the personnel on the games you are referring to. Remember this game was also played with ten men......me too I just saying.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2009, 02:33:06 PM »
okay so everybody had a chance to talk about the names. anybody had a chance to watch the training? any opinions based on actual facts? we are just guessing here, and basing opinions on past performance. It would be really nice to have some information on how the guys are shaping up in the training sessions, discipline, effort, perspiration etc. what we want at the end of the day is a team, not so? let's watch and see if this can be accomplished, and how the coach is doing with the tools at his disposal.
I for one think his strategy of taking the 22 for training 2 days a week is a good one. we need to build a core.
I wish our coach the best.
GO WARRIORS!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2009, 02:48:24 PM »
okay so everybody had a chance to talk about the names. anybody had a chance to watch the training? any opinions based on actual facts? we are just guessing here, and basing opinions on past performance. It would be really nice to have some information on how the guys are shaping up in the training sessions, discipline, effort, perspiration etc. what we want at the end of the day is a team, not so? let's watch and see if this can be accomplished, and how the coach is doing with the tools at his disposal.
I for one think his strategy of taking the 22 for training 2 days a week is a good one. we need to build a core.
GO WARRIORS!!!

Lemmeh ask yuh here...

What is this "core" you speakin of?  The local based players?

What good is a "core" when 3, MAYBE 4 of dem end up playin...and I eh talkin bout startin.  This is based on not just this qualifying campaign...but in our history overall.

Should we be playing our "best" team?

If so, what team is that?  Is it the one's that practice together the majority of the time, or is it the one's who are deemed to be the best players?

If the one's who are deemed to be our best players are the foreign based players, how does this "core" work for the local based?

Is there REAL competition for spots on the national team or are most of the spots already reserved, and reserved by the foreign based players?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:52:24 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »
GO WARRIORS!!!

Lemmeh ask yuh here...

What is this "core" you speakin of?  The local based players?

What good is a "core" when 3, MAYBE 4 of dem end up playin...and I eh talkin bout startin.  This is based on not just this qualifying campaign...but in our history overall.

Should we be playing our "best" team?

If so, what team is that?  Is it the one's that practice together the majority of the time, or is it the one's who are deemed to be the best players?

If the one's who are deemed to be our best players are the foreign based players, how does this "core" work for the local based?

Is there REAL competition for spots on the national team or are most of the spots already reserved, and reserved by the foreign based players?

they training for the next Digicel Cup

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »
We need to try to get the locals to train with the foreign base together for a while. Don't know if its possible. I remember Bertille tried it some time back.

If it is possible, cohesion and gelling will not be a major problem by the time we play Costa Rica and Mexico.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2009, 06:56:48 AM »
who cares about the 22 .... outside 51 last night/ this morning was nice. Ent Latas. LOL.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2009, 09:11:56 AM »
who cares about the 22 .... outside 51 last night/ this morning was nice. Ent Latas. LOL.

Word has it he was there, so he too cayr have a good time?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2009, 09:37:18 AM »

nobody never say he can't have a good time. All jokes aside, that is one of the benefits of the job ... besides, he best padna birthday was yesterday.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »

nobody never say he can't have a good time. All jokes aside, that is one of the benefits of the job ... besides, he best padna birthday was yesterday.

I on kicks... glad to see him out and enjoying himself. Wonder if Wim use to lime also?

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2009, 06:32:37 AM »
alright, seems like I have to explain what I mean by the core-
well, I am looking for the players to get to know each others' styles- how to anticipate each other's moves, for the coach to understand where the players play at their best- defense, mid- left or right footers- such things.
I am convinced that players that play together often can get the feel for each other and for the strategy of the coach. and yes some of them will be replaced in a game, but when it's time for subbing they can fit in better into the plan for the game and can adjust to the foreigners quicker. They will have a week in tobago before the match for this adjustment to take place.
It is also my opinion that even with average players if there is true chemistry on the field we can have positive playing and positive results.
it just me ;D

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:46 PM »
alright, seems like I have to explain what I mean by the core-
well, I am looking for the players to get to know each others' styles- how to anticipate each other's moves, for the coach to understand where the players play at their best- defense, mid- left or right footers- such things.
I am convinced that players that play together often can get the feel for each other and for the strategy of the coach. and yes some of them will be replaced in a game, but when it's time for subbing they can fit in better into the plan for the game and can adjust to the foreigners quicker. They will have a week in tobago before the match for this adjustment to take place.
It is also my opinion that even with average players if there is true chemistry on the field we can have positive playing and positive results.
it just me ;D

Yeah buh wha palos asking which i agree with..whas de point with all dat and den when de foreign based become available a gross majority of dem sucking some hard grainy iodized salt? Yuh say dey go sub in....so....dey definately eh go be starting. Most likely when dey do..yuh go hear people scoff and say....dem take of he...to put on HE? steups. Wha de fitness levels like too? All dis just tied into a major problem with our national football....we doh work hard enough...and jus doing ting for doing it sake.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:36:32 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »
also shows that we don't have faith in our players, nor coach, nor anything...
if the players have a problem with starting on the bench, then they should look at games on tv when men like Drogba and Ashvarin sitting down and waiting for their chance for a 40 mins in the game. it all comes down to strategy of the coach.
tut, tut, the coach now start- why can't we give him a chance? wait until after the game and then criticize, nah
if we don't try how can we then cry when we don't make :devil:

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »
dwayne jack in action...

Yes more organised than the both guatemala games, Take into the consideration also the personnel on this team and the personnel on the games you are referring to. Remember this game was also played with ten men......me too I just saying.

Theobald and Leon look real good together in da middle boy

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »
dwayne jack in action...

Theobald and Leon look real good together in da middle boy
Leon or Noel?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »
What's the argument about?? the man team building, which includes the future.

remember the man set two goals for himself , a short and long term. as we know, short is to qualify for a damn near impossible WC 2010, and long, to build a team for the future thus raising the level of play on the islands.

i'm glad we going and eliminate the quick fix syndrome by not bringing in a big name coach, but rather choose to use a man with a fair amount of knowledge of the game who love we football and have some kinda ties to us.

not a fella who would use us as a resume builder and bounce after achieving his goal, but rather one who would stick around and develop a squad.

i personally not seeing the young rookie locals playing much of a part in the rest of qualifying , but i could see why he started an early camp tuh bring them in tuh learn and develop! that ain't no rocket science.                      positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>