April 17, 2024, 08:04:32 PM

Author Topic: 2009 T&T Professional League  (Read 666 times)

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
2009 T&T Professional League
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »
So the new season is upon us and new players have joined the league. Young players and future stars of the game that bring a new set of skills and a different set of attitude towards the game, that I for one, am anxious to see.  I could think of a couple players that maybe worth watching to see how they progress as players and grow as professionals. Players like Micah Lewis and Akeem Parris(JP), Judah Hernandez(CAL), Brenton De Leon(South End), etc.

Dexter Skeene and the owners of all the clubs must work together, and it's not going to be easy, to do everything in their power to promote the game in T&T to an international audience and at the same time must forge some kind of agreement with international sponsors to sponsor the league. Professionalism, a high level of training, fitness, nutrition and a new purpose for playing the beautiful game has to be instilled in each and every player. Football should be the players only job if it isn't already.

The game and the league in T&T has to be taken seriously, advertised, televised, and promoted in an intelligent manner if not to the rest of the world, then definitely to North Americans. The Jamaicans are ahead of us on that count as they have found a way to negotiate a deal with FSC to televise a game or two on FSC to all of North America and the rest of the world. We should look to follow suit, we must get our league and football of the ground and onto the television.

I know that I got carried away a little bit there but I am passionate about football in T&T and would like to see the game on FSC or ESPN2 or any other sports channel for that matter.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't forget the tactically technically feeble federation(ttff) that sucking the bejesus out of football in T&T has to be replaced with individuals who are really interested in doing everything in their power to make sure that we continue to evolve into a footballing powerhouse. Currently, we carrying other people's jock straps.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>