April 24, 2024, 01:31:17 AM

Author Topic: 2009 Kentucky Derby  (Read 2238 times)

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
2009 Kentucky Derby
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:26:13 PM »
Pick your horses:
2009 Kentucky Derby entries on May 2, 2009 at Churchill Downs, the first leg of the Triple Crown horse racing.

2009 Kentucky Derby Field in Post Positon Order

1.  30-1 Kentucky Derby Odds   West Side Bernie          Trainer: Kelly Breen Jockey: Stewart Elliott
2.  20-1 Kentucky Derby Odds   Mr. Hot Stuff               Trainer: Eoin Harty Jockey: John Velazquez
3.  30-1 Kentucky Derby Odds   Mine That Bird              Trainer: Bennie Woolley Jr. Jockey: Calvin Borel
4.  30-1 Kentucky Derby Odds   Advice                        Trainer: Todd Pletcher Jockey: Rene Douglas
5.  15-1 Kentucky Derby Odds   Hold Me Back               Trainer: Bill Mott Jockey: Kent Desormeaux
6.    5-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Friesan Fire                   Trainer: Larry Jones Jockey: Gabriel Saez
7.  20-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Musket Man                   Trainer: Derek Ryan Jockey: Eibar Coa
8.  50-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Join in the Dance            Trainer: Todd Pletcher Jockey: TBA
9.  50-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Pioneerof the Nile            Trainer: Bob Baffert Jockey: Garrett Gomez
10. 30-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Regal Ransom                 Trainer: Saeed bin Suroor Jockey: Alan Garcia
11. 20-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Chocolate Candy            Trainer: Jerry Hollendorfer Jockey: Mike Smith
12. 20-1 Kentucky Derby Odds General Quarters            Trainer: Thomas R. McCarthy Jockey: Julien Leparoux
13. 3-1 Kentucky Derby Odds I Want Revenge               Trainer: Jeff Mullins Jockey: Joe Talamo
14. 50-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Atomic Rain                   Trainer: Kelly Breen Jockey: Joe Bravo
15. 4-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Dunkirk                           Trainer: Todd Pletcher Jockey: Edgar Prado
16. 4-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Papa Clem                      Trainer: Gary Stute Jockey: Rafael Bejarano
17. 50-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Summer Bird                  Trainer: Tim Ice Jockey: Chris Rosier
18. 50-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Nowhere to Hide            Trainer: Nick Zito Jockey: Shaun Bridgmohan
19. 15-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Desert Party                 Trainer: Saeed bin Suroor Jockey: Ramon Dominguez
20. 50-1 Kentucky Derby Odds Flying Private                Trainer: D. Wayne Lukas Jockey: Robby Albarado

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Kentucky Derby
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:25 PM »
one ting i neva get into was horse racin.but someting pointin meh to dunkirk,no.15.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:57:09 PM »

My selections:

17 ... Summer Bird 50/1
13 .... I want Revenge 3/1
15 .... Dunkirk 4/1

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
one ting i neva get into was horse racin.but someting pointin meh to dunkirk,no.15.

I sure yuh wife happy bout dat. Doh bet d woman mothers day gift money on dat horse.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »

I sure yuh wife happy bout dat. Doh bet d woman mothers day gift money on dat horse.
wuh she go b gettin does cum fuh free. ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 09:09:24 PM »

wuh she go b gettin does cum fuh free. ;D

Yuh pickin flowers from she yardddddddd.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:42:23 PM »
Mine That Bird not certain for Preakness
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Mine That Bird, the shocking winner of the 135th Kentucky Derby on Saturday at Churchill Downs, is not a certainty to head to the second leg of the Triple Crown, the May 16 Preakness Stakes, trainer Chip Woolley said Sunday morning, though co-owner Mark Allen said, "If he's doing good, we will run."

"We'll let the horse tell us," Allen, who owns Mine That Bird with Dr. Leonard Blach, said Sunday morning as a light rain fell at Churchill Downs. "We'll run some blood work on him, make sure it's where it should be."
Allen said that had Mine That Bird not won the Derby, the 1 3/16-mile Preakness wouldn't even be under consideration for the small-sized gelding.

"The plan was that if he showed something here, to skip the Preakness and go to the Belmont, like his dad," Allen said. Mine That Bird is a son of Birdstone, who won the 1 1/2-mile Belmont Stakes in 2004. This year's Belmont is June 6.

Woolley said that if Mine That Bird skips the Preakness, "we'd wait for the Belmont."

"Go in fresh," Woolley said. "The farther he goes, the better this horse is going to be.

"He's come back super, so far," Woolley said. "You've got to do what's best for the horse. We'll see how he is in a couple of days." Woolley cited as another concern the widely held, though empirically false, belief that Pimlico, the home of the Preakness, "is speed-biased."

Though 20 horses entered the Derby, and 19 ran, far fewer are expected for the Preakness.

Pioneerof the Nile, who was second, is only a possibility, trainer Bob Baffert said Sunday.

"We'll see what he looks like," Baffert said. "He had some nicks on him on his back legs. I want to wait a week and see how he is."

Musket Man, who finished third, is "under consideration," trainer Derek Ryan said.

"If he runs in the Preakness, he would not run in the Belmont," Ryan said. "It'll be one or the other."

Papa Clem, who was fourth for trainer Gary Stute, may come back in two weeks for the Preakness. Stute's father, Mel, won the Preakness in 1986 with Snow Chief, who finished 11th in the Derby.

Kelly Breen, the trainer of West Side Bernie (ninth) and Atomic Rain (16th), said he had no plans for either colt, but did not expect to run in the Preakness. "We are going back to Monmouth and regroup," he said.

Elliott Walden, the racing manager for WinStar Farm, said their three Derby starters - Hold Me Back (12th), Advice (13th), and Mr. Hot Stuff (15th) - would not run in the Preakness.

Summer Bird, who finished sixth, will skip the Preakness and point for the Belmont, trainer Tim Ice said.

Friesan Fire, who finished 18th as the favorite, had a gash on the back of his left front hoof - a grabbed quarter - and will skip the Preakness. Dunkirk, who finished 11th, injured his left hind hoof and also is out of consideration for the Preakness.

Todd Pletcher, the trainer of Dunkirk, said that Join in the Dance, who was seventh in the Derby after setting the early pace, might run in the Preakness. Pletcher will definitely run Take the Points, who skipped the Derby despite having enough graded stakes earnings to make the field.

In addition to Take the Points, other non-Derby starters who could run in the Preakness include Big Drama and Mr. Fantasy.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 05:54:27 PM »
somebody should make dat horse pee in a cup oui

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 10:11:34 PM »

The Belmont Stakes field of 10 race horses with jockeys and Belmont Stakes odds:

Chocolate Candy under jockey Garrett Gomez with morning line odds of 10-1
Dunkirk under jockey John Velazquez, 4-1
Mr. Hot Stuff under jockey Edgar Prado, 15-1
Summer Bird under jockey Kent Desormeaux, 12-1
Luv Gov under jockey Miguel Mena, 20-1
Charitable Man under jockey Alan Garcia, 3-1
Mine That Bird under jockey Calvin Borel, 2-1
Flying Private under jockey Julien Leparoux, 12-1
Miner’s Escape under jockey Jose Lezcano, 15-1
Brave Victory under jockey Rajiv Maragh, 15-1

1]; } ?>