March 28, 2024, 01:04:40 PM

Author Topic: Manchester United vs Arsenal. Champions League Semi Final, leg 2  (Read 16059 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United vs Arsenal. Champions League Semi Final, leg 2
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »
Yeh behind the back tackle and last man, them ref like robot now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »
Yeh behind the back tackle and last man, them ref like robot now

Dem have rules to follow nothing to do with being no robot, doh talk shit.  He tackle from behind and brought the man down.  Yeah he get ball but that don't entitle yuh to take out the player in de process.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
question, how important is fletcher 2 manu?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009, 02:34:30 PM »
question, how important is fletcher 2 manu?

They have enough options

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
right he i see Chelsea losing tomorrow  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »
right he i see Chelsea losing tomorrow  :devil:

Only in yuh flippin dreams fella!!  We puttin 2 in dey cont!!  Dey might get 1 back but we surely given dem 2!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
He got the ball first before bringing down Fabregas. from the front angle it showed Fletcher getting the ball first before he brought him down.

look at where the referee was in relation to the play before allyuh start cryin' about the call, please.

they showed u a back view from the ref angle. there was clearly a deviation on the ball with Fletchers tackle b4 he took down the other player.
Say what, if arsenal didnt get the call, men woulda be talking real shit bout Utd getting all the decisions. the red hurt though
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 02:40:26 PM »
He got the ball first before bringing down Fabregas. from the front angle it showed Fletcher getting the ball first before he brought him down.

look at where the referee was in relation to the play before allyuh start cryin' about the call, please.

they showed u a back view from the ref angle. there was clearly a deviation on the ball with Fletchers tackle b4 he took down the other player.
Say what, if arsenal didnt get the call, men woulda be talking real shit bout Utd getting all the decisions. the red hurt though

It shouldna be ah red nor any card fuh dat matter but it was still ah penalty doh!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2009, 02:40:44 PM »
Good result, we got the result arsenal needed to get. GREAT.........That wasn't a red card for Fletcher he played the ball first, but say what refs dont always see everything.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »
Forget dat, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, we going to take it all

ManU 4 EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :devil: :beermug: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »
look Brave Heart after de red
:devil:
thanks scarface
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2009, 02:43:44 PM »
The better team won over both legs. I really feel for Gibbs and then Alumina should have done better. The game was over then.

Congrats to ManU no substitute for experience  :applause: :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
The better team won over both legs. I really feel for Gibbs and then Alumina should have done better. The game was over then.

Congrats to ManU no substitute for experience  :applause: :applause:

sorry for gibbs, but thats how it is.
Almunia kept well....
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2009, 02:48:19 PM »
neva send hens to ah cock fight.we will conquer rome.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »

Regardless of the deviation, you cannot go through a player to play the ball.  Fletcher practically went through the man.......besides, on ESPN right now, Shaka and the other guy saying the same thing I've been tellin y'all.....the only member of the panel to DECIDEDLY NOT call it a foul.....is the Englishman.  I ain't surprised.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »
Regardless of the deviation, you cannot go through a player to play the ball.  Fletcher practically went through the man.......besides, on ESPN right now, Shaka and the other guy saying the same thing I've been tellin y'all.....the only member of the panel to DECIDEDLY NOT call it a foul.....is the Englishman.  I ain't surprised.

I don't even think it should have any argument whether it's a foul at all.  Man who arguing that on straight up bullshit.  The card was a bit harsh but in all fairness referees aren't allowed any leeway in making that call.  He have to follow the letter of the law and despite Fletcher initial touch, if he don't clip Cesc he still has a chance with his right foot to poke it past Van Der Sar.  Therefore it's a red card infraction.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
Terrible red card decision takes the shine off a fantastic away performance... Fletcher got to the ball first .. fine give a penalty but to give a guy a red card when his side are on the way to rome and it was a good tackle is complete utter bullshit

UEFA should reverse the decision but they wont because we are English and we are Manchester United

Anyway....we are back in the Final and will win it for Fletch

Big side is Big side

Glory Glory Man Utd and Viva Ronaldo

f**k OFF HATERS

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2009, 02:56:25 PM »
Almunia work real hard but for a while in that 2nd half it was men against boys. United toy with Arsenal and the 3rd goal was clinical.

I know Ronaldo (the big game choker?) will get no credit on here but he show why he is such a valuable player. He hold the attention of Arsenal defense whole night and make space for Rooney, Tevez and Anderson becuase you have to respect his power, pace and ability in front of goal.

Big games for Fletcher, Park and O'Shea. Yuh can't get better squad players than that. Rooney, Vidic and Anderson just like to win EVERYTHING. A real good performance by the whole team but Arsenal were abit of a joke. I surprised that Wenger was so bullish before the game guaranteeing a good Arsenal performance.

Two CL finals in consecutive years, possibly three straight league titles, all after Fergie get write off when Chelsea was winning. Have to give the old man credit, he know how to manage a football side.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
Terrible red card decision takes the shine off a fantastic away performance... Fletcher got to the ball first .. fine give a penalty but to give a guy a red card when his side are on the way to rome and it was a good tackle is complete utter bullshit

UEFA should reverse the decision but they wont because we are English and we are Manchester United

Big side is Big side

f**k OFF HATERS

It have nothing to do with english.  UEFA doesn't allow appeals of cards.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »
Almunia work real hard but for a while in that 2nd half it was men against boys. United toy with Arsenal and the 3rd goal was clinical.

I know Ronaldo (the big game choker?) will get no credit on here but he show why he is such a valuable player. He hold the attention of Arsenal defense whole night and make space for Rooney, Tevez and Anderson becuase you have to respect his power, pace and ability in front of goal.

Big games for Fletcher, Park and O'Shea. Yuh can't get better squad players than that. Rooney, Vidic and Anderson just like to win EVERYTHING. A real good performance by the whole team but Arsenal were abit of a joke. I surprised that Wenger was so bullish before the game guaranteeing a good Arsenal performance.

Two CL finals in consecutive years, possibly three straight league titles, all after Fergie get write off when Chelsea was winning. Have to give the old man credit, he know how to manage a football side.

Which game you see he play in fella? :rotfl:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »

I don't even think it should have any argument whether it's a foul at all.  Man who arguing that on straight up bullshit.  The card was a bit harsh but in all fairness referees aren't allowed any leeway in making that call.  He have to follow the letter of the law and despite Fletcher initial touch, if he don't clip Cesc he still has a chance with his right foot to poke it past Van Der Sar.  Therefore it's a red card infraction.

Yuh ain't lie.  the facts are (1) you can possibly argue that Fabregas did not have a goalscoring opportunity....possibly.  But yuh can't argue that (2) he was the last defender.  How them manu fans could want to argue that call and talk about that peter pan touch on the ball is beyond me.  Some of them men are sadly, definitely immature and beyond reason.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »
  Yuh ain't lie.  the facts are (1) you can possibly argue that Fabregas did not have a goalscoring opportunity....possibly.  But yuh can't argue that (2) he was the last defender.  How them manu fans could want to argue that call and talk about that peter pan touch on the ball is beyond me.  Some of them men are sadly, definitely immature and beyond reason.

CR musse sweat in dey eye so dey eh see it clear :rotfl:

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
It was hurtful to watch this game.  Congrats to Man U you were the better team.  I too feel sorry for Gibbs but it was his 2nd time falling in the box in a critical situation (he did it in Old Trafford as well).  Almunia did well but that 2nd goal should have been saved - and that was a soft call - wuss a$$ ref!!

Anyhow, it was not the ref to blame for our performance. Wenger HAS to make changes and get some better defenders and midfielders.  As one of the forumities said, "There is no substitute for experience."

ps..Flecther did not deserve de red card fuh de tackle.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »

Big side is Big side

f**k OFF HATERS

I know that...but they should overturn it as it is soul crushing for Fletcher to miss a CL Final due to a referee error... that is madness...If Messi went through the same thing tomorrow I would have the same sentiments

It is disgusting

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »

Yuh know, JDB, even for me, as much as ah hate de lil' boy, I have to give cronaldo the man-of-the-match for this game.  That free kick was an absolute heart breaker (even though arsenal left their hearts at home today) and he kept the entire defense on their heels whole game.  The second goal he scored was a classic counter attacking run that you are so used to seein manu put together against the bottonm tier EPL teams so often.  It wasn't supposed to mak arsenal defenders look so bad.  

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2009, 03:11:31 PM »

Big side is Big side

f**k OFF HATERS

I know that...but they should overturn it as it is soul crushing for Fletcher to miss a CL Final due to a referee error... that is madness...If Messi went through the same thing tomorrow I would have the same sentiments

It is disgusting

Small Mag.....you can go on FIFA website and read up on all the rules, jed.  This call was not a referee's error, and even if it were a call worthy of some type of an appeal (amybe the sentimental clause you're looking for) , UEFA would not overturn it.  It was a good call by the ref.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »

It is disgusting

So doh overturn it because it tie de referees hands and possibly can penalize players uneceassarily, but do it so as to not crush ManUre fans souls  :rotfl:

Aye allyuh good yes.  I agree they should allow appeals doh lol

Chow and JDB I with allyuh CR did a very good job and was the most dangerous man on the pitch.  Like him or not he is effective and causes nightmares for defenders and opposing managers alike.

giggsy11

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
Hard luck dey Gibbs, hope he come back stronger. Well done United, played like a team who knows how to win. The team with the best players won. Arsenal will only win moral victories not trophies if they keep waiting for their 'young' players to mature and in the mean time they will either move on or keep gettin hurt.
Fergie killin the opposition with how he set up the side for matches- it helps when the players are very interchangable and all have high football IQs!

Glory, glory Man United!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
I feel it for Gibbs and fletcher. But...according to the letter of the law....it was a red.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »
ManU..whey sah. Superb performance.

Fletcher is class and didn't carry on with his red card cuz he know he do shit. Big players know you can't tackle from behind, even if you get ball first. How many times you see many come in studs up, get all ball and no man and still collect a yellow. It doh matter..you cna't come in studs up, you can't tackle from behind..it never matters how much ball you iwn first. Refs in England does let man get away with that. But this is Europe fellas. Rules are rules. He get the red or being the last man. Fact is, his side was up 4-0 and had 3 away goals. Just continue to put pressure on the mana nd let Van Der Saar try to handle the rest. Absolutely no need to go through the man. Man is an experienced pro. He know he do stupidness.

C Ronaldo is a big farking player. He is poison and he have funk. I maintain that if he was a Trini we woulda think the man was better than Maradona. lol.

Park Ji Sung  :notworthy: :applause:

ManU show today that they eh giving up day trophy without a fight.

ps. Berabatov is class but he doh belong on that side.  He came on the field today and just did not look like a ManU player. I know he silky smooth and all that, and I know I eh saying nutten scientific, but somewhere in my gut, he just doh seem like he fit in the ManU philosophy

1]; } ?>