March 28, 2024, 01:53:25 PM

Author Topic: Missing ppl in T&T  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Missing ppl in T&T
« on: April 30, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »
I know ppl usually on top of tings but I wasn't at home for the local news but I hearing reports that a woman from Felicity confessed to murdering about 5 missing young people in Trinidad.
Plus the niece of the woman who started the Missing Persons Association in T&T has been found in the Forensic Science Center... apparently she was killed in a motor vehicle accident and was there for the last 6 months.

http://newsday.co.tt/news/0,99312.html   
Leah’s disappearance linked to serial killing

By NALINEE SEELAL Thursday, April 30 2009

A 27-YEAR-OLD woman of Felicity, who police believe is one half of a couple who kidnapped and killed several young females in central Trinidad was arrested at her home yesterday and a quantity of jewelry seized.

The police are saying the woman, a store clerk, was detained late yesterday after police searched former Caroni (1975) Ltd cane fields in Warrenville and Felicity for the remains of missing schoolgirl Leah Lammy and kidnap victim Sally Lobai.

The officers have described the woman and her male companion, who is in Remand Yard having been charged recently, as serial killers.

A party of officers led by Supt Wayne Boyd and ASPs Johnny Abraham and Stanley Ramdeen, acting on information on the kidnapping of Lammy, went with cadaver dogs to Warrenville at about 3 am to search for Lammy and Lobai’s bodies.

They then went to the Felicity home of the woman and found a quantity of jewelry some of which was later identified as belonging to Lobai, who went missing after two job interviews on February 11, in Longdenville. Lobai disappeared a day after Lammy was kidnapped.

Today, officers from the Anti-Kidnapping Unit will approach acting DPP Carla Browne-Antoine for instructions with a view to laying criminal charges against the detained woman. Police confided that the woman and man preyed on young girls in central Trinidad.

Police sources added that they are now convinced that Lammy and Lobai were murdered shortly after being kidnapped. They believe the detained woman could provide them with information which could lead to the discovery of Lammy and Lobai’s bodies.

ASPs Abraham and Ramdeen met with and spoke to Lammy’s mother Gale and assured her that the investigation is continuing and there will be some closure to Lammy’s disappearance soon.

Acting Police Commissioner James Philbert, informed of the new developments yesterday urged the lead investigators to continue their work with a view to solving the disappearances of Lammy, Lobai and possibly other young females in the central Trinidad area.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Missing ppl in T&T
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
Yep Leah back in d news.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:37:36 PM »
Oh gawd ah now reach back on dey forum, only to read this ???

I want to see dat devil face. 27 years old ?
Nah ah want to see she face >:(

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »
I ain't reading no more. can;t handle it.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 11:20:07 AM »
Oh gawd ah now reach back on dey forum, only to read this ???

I want to see dat devil face. 27 years old ?
Nah ah want to see she face >:(

You want to see her face? I have a couple pitbulls I want to introduce her to.

I know evil does come in all shapes and sizes, but it does hurt a little more when I see a woman involved.

Couple held
Kidnap, robbery and murder in Central
Richard Charan rcharan@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, May 1st 2009

A clothing store clerk and her lover are at the centre of a widening investigation by police who have mounting evidence the couple conspired to kidnap, rob and murder at least four women in Central Trinidad.

The 35-year-old man posed as a PH driver working the Longdenville to Chaguanas route. The 27-year-old woman played the part of a passenger.

The man was held recently and charged with a kidnapping.

He is also accused of rape and is in custody at the Maximum Security Prison, away from other prisoners to protect him from being killed by other prisoners.

His girlfriend was last night in custody at the Arouca Police Station.

She has given police information they intend taking to the Director of Public Prosecutions today, hoping that multiple murder charges can be laid.

She was arrested at her home in Felicity, Chaguanas on Wednesday.

In that search, police recovered jewelry. A silver chain and a pendant were identified Wednesday as belonging to Sally Lobai, who last spoke to her loved ones while sitting in a taxi driving into Chaguanas after a job interview in Longdenville, back on February 11.

Lobai's father, Francis Lobai, confirmed last night that the jewelry was his daughters'.

He had a message for the suspect.

"I want to tell this lady that if she knows, please tell the police... go and find her. I want my daughter back because is real pressure I going through".

She proudly wore the silver necklace, which was given to her by 35-year-old boyfriend Glen, to the job interview. He identified the necklace on Wednesday.

Her father said he was pleased by the discovery of his daughter's necklace.

"It gives me some hope that I will find her alive, I believe she is still alive," Francis told the Express by phone yesterday.

Police also have an irrefutable link between the couple in custody, and eight-year-old Leah Lammy, who disappeared February 10, the day before Lobai went missing.

She was last seen waiting for a taxi to take her from her Edinburgh Government Primary School, to her Longdenville home.

There is also a disturbing link between the couple and the disappearance of 18-year-old Riana Parag who went missing after travelling into Chaguanas back on December 16.

She lived at Nelson Street, Longdenville and was last seen at a taxi stand near the Chaguanas overpass, waiting for a ride home.

In all three cases, when desperate relatives called the cellphones of these females, they were answered, by a man, asking for a $300,000 ransom. Their phones were never answered again.

The ransom demands were meant to throw the police off the trail of the killers, police now suspect.

Police think the suspects are also responsible for the abduction and murder of 15-year-old Devika Lalman, who travelled into Chaguanas from her Las Lomas home last December 30. She was last seen waiting for a "PH" taxi to take her home. Her body, battered and possibly raped, was found in a rice field at Warrenville, Caroni, on January 3.

This was the reason why police took their crime scene experts and cadaver dogs to search the rice fields on Wednesday. Nothing was found. The search continues.

ASP Johnny Abraham and Stanley Ramdeen are leading the investigation.

-with reporting by Joel Julien
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:21:50 AM by verycute1 »
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 11:48:43 AM »
A very sick society
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 01:40:04 PM »
Kidnap accused to face murder charges
Geisha Kowlessar | 7:34 pm
Published: May 5, 2009
Geisha Kowlessar | 7:34 pm

Police seem to have made a major breakthrough in the disappearance of five young women in central Trinidad. A 31-year-old “PH” taxi driver is expected to be re-arrested and charged with two separate murders. The man, who is already before the court for kidnapping, will be charged with the murders of 19-year-old Gail Durity and 17-year-old Devika Lalman. Police said after consultations with acting Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Carla Brown-Antoine, instructions were yesterday given to charge him.

Homicide officers are expected to go today to the Maximum Security Prison in Arouca where he is being detained and lay the charges. Durity’s throat was slit from ear to ear, her heels chopped off and her body nude when found in a coconut estate in Manzanilla on June 1, 2008. Lalman, who left her Las Lomas home to go to Chaguanas to purchase school supplies, was found semi-nude in a rice field in Warrenville on January 4, 2009, and was identified by her teeth and clothing. Both women were sexually assaulted before being killed. A 31-year-old woman from Felicity, is expected to appear before a Chaguanas Magistrate today to answer the charge of receiving stolen jewelery.

Among the jewelry recovered was a chain belonging to Sally Lobai, who went missing on February 11. Lobai, who was last seen boarding a taxi heading to Chaguanas, is yet to be found. Like Lobai, Lammy, Susan Phagoo and Riana Parag were all seen boarding “PH” taxis to go to Chaguanas, but they are yet to be located. Contacted yesterday, Lalman’s mother Ada Padarath said she felt relieved someone has been brought to justice.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »
yuh kno, one of d reasons i does jump een certain cars is when i see a female in d car already. yuh does get a kinda comfort seein another female. situations like dis where dis woman act as a decoy for dis sociopath does make yuh feel like u shud jus stay yuh ass home. steups
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »
yuh kno, one of d reasons i does jump een certain cars is when i see a female in d car already. yuh does get a kinda comfort seein another female. situations like dis where dis woman act as a decoy for dis sociopath does make yuh feel like u shud jus stay yuh ass home. steups

Dat doh always wuk as u say
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »

how come PH so popular now...it eh have enough regular taxi runnin..or dey cheaper?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »

how come PH so popular now...it eh have enough regular taxi runnin..or dey cheaper?

Some areas taxi doh run. Nuff taxis now droppin chirren 2 and from school. Dey eh wukin late so u only option might b PH.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »

Some areas taxi doh run. Nuff taxis now droppin chirren 2 and from school. Dey eh wukin late so u only option might b PH.

oh ho...so dem fellahs does fill a void for late evenin/night runs

come to think of it...ah guess legit maxi man doh want risk gettin rob in de night either
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »

Even b4 d rampant banditry them PH men who most time have a day and lookin 2 husstle some change does come out in d night. Now it have more men who wuk is PH

oh ho...so dem fellahs does fill a void for late evenin/night runs

come to think of it...ah guess legit maxi man doh want risk gettin rob in de night either

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 09:39:24 PM »

yuh eh lie at all nah weary.  in morvant, if u see a H car, u real lucky. is PH runnin from town an from junction rite thru. so u eeder wait on d 'regular' PH drivers who u familiar wid, or take a chance an travel wid d strange PH. hopefully Jah Jah bless me wid muh own form of transport. until den, is real cautious movements oui.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:53 PM »

yuh eh lie at all nah weary.  in morvant, if u see a H car, u real lucky. is PH runnin from town an from junction rite thru. so u eeder wait on d 'regular' PH drivers who u familiar wid, or take a chance an travel wid d strange PH. hopefully Jah Jah bless me wid muh own form of transport. until den, is real cautious movements oui.

Girlfriend u have 2 go wit God on d road whether u travellin or drivin yuh self.

1]; } ?>