April 27, 2024, 07:02:09 PM

Author Topic: U-20s routed 5-0 in second UAE match.  (Read 4909 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20s routed 5-0 in second UAE match.
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »
Not all the time you game plan might be to win, but at this level to collect 5 goals, that ent looking so good regardless of whether is a practice game or not.  Not after the team play two rounds of league football and coming off WC qualifiers.
Dais my point y as well ... is only by licks we does learn ..not so ? we only could learn by getting we tail cut ...west indian proverb .
We eh go be learning anything if we play good on at least one tour anywhere at any level .
Some of de ostriches on de site telling deyself dat we only losing now because it eh really matter...we go be rteady when de competition start.
Yeah right !!
Why all dem big side and dem dohh tink so and does value friendlies so much so dat dey eh friendles at all ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »
Losing is a habit ask d WI team
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 02:20:11 PM »
Not all the time you game plan might be to win, but at this level to collect 5 goals, that ent looking so good regardless of whether is a practice game or not.  Not after the team play two rounds of league football and coming off WC qualifiers.
Dais my point y as well ... is only by licks we does learn ..not so ? we only could learn by getting we tail cut ...west indian proverb .
We eh go be learning anything if we play good on at least one tour anywhere at any level .
Some of de ostriches on de site telling deyself dat we only losing now because it eh really matter...we go be rteady when de competition start.
Yeah right !!
Why all dem big side and dem dohh tink so and does value friendlies so much so dat dey eh friendles at all ?

Good point.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
Yeah right !!

Nobody saying that when the time come we WILL be ready, but we HOPE that we will be. That is not important right now. I have confidence that Varnes could go for  success and field a team and strategy that will see us be successful, but what will we gained by the time the fellas reach the WC or even further down the road - the Senior team? The man seem to be laying a foundation and hopefully it work out for the WC. I would think development (in the situation we in with the Senior team) would have take precedence over winning or getting a result to "make us look good".
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
Yeah right !!

Nobody saying that when the time come we WILL be ready, but we HOPE that we will be. That is not important right now. I have confidence that Varnes could go for  success and field a team and strategy that will see us be successful, but what will we gained by the time the fellas reach the WC or even further down the road - the Senior team? The man seem to be laying a foundation and hopefully it work out for the WC. I would think development (in the situation we in with the Senior team) would have take precedence over winning or getting a result to "make us look good".

...and this confidence is based on ????  The man seemed to be laying a foundatiion ????? on what is he building ? ...you know what losing does to your psyche ? ...to a young player ? is UAE we playing !! you dont think it is in the mind of the players that this is not even near the opposition we will meet and that we are so far behind them ?
Nah ..Elan ..I respect your tech skills ..but I eh agreeing wid dis losing when you could possibly do better to be ready later plan !
how could you be playing reserves when it is clear the the better players are the ones most needing the experience ?
What you go say if we tour Grenada and get 5 ? dat is not WC and is just practice ? ..is wha we practising ?
So we is de whipping boys ? dais de rep we going WC with ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 06:41:07 PM »
I going with Weary on dis one ...winning like losing ......is contagious !
if you eh winning in practice how you go win in real ? ..you kyah do dat ...how yuh go do dat

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »
Meanwhile, Al Ain’s manager Winfried Schaefer was fuming after Mohammed Fayez and the Abdulrahman brothers Omar and Mohammed were called up for the UAE U20 team’s two friendlies with Trinidad and Tobago this week.

“I can’t understand why they want to take three of my players when we have an important match coming up two days later,” said Schaefer. “Fayez has been a key player for me and I am not too sure if he can play such a tough game after playing in the friendlies.”

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090501/SPORT/704309896/-1/NEWS

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under20 5-0 loss Highlights
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFvgE82tZ8Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XFvgE82tZ8Q</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under20 5-0 loss Highlights
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »
The youth have a lot of work to do. It appears trent goal look legit to me. He may have push the guy in the back. The penalty, 50/50. The rrest of the game our boys looked kinder tired.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Under20 5-0 loss Highlights
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 09:52:08 PM »
The youth have a lot of work to do. It appears trent goal look legit to me. He may have push the guy in the back. The penalty, 50/50. The rrest of the game our boys looked kinder tired.

that having been said, strangly they didn't really look "bad" either the cover was just too thin on those goals. and goalkeepin kinda suspect too
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2009, 05:22:07 AM »
I have never seen a team play that good and still go down 5-0.Our first goal looked good and as someone said the penalty was 50/50.We had some good chances and could easily have scored 3 or 4.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2009, 06:02:53 AM »
I only watch up to the penalty, but that refereeing look home-cooked.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2009, 08:46:32 AM »
By the time this team reaches Egypt it will be the surprise of the tournament. I say so! What a great tour. We have to thank God for small mercies. Imagine either Cornael or Maturana in charge of this team. FIRST OFF WE WOULD NOT HAVE QUALIFIED. But just their influence around this team would have been toxic. For me a draw is a bonus, a win is gravy.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2009, 10:21:03 AM »
Nah them fellas and them crying down the youth men. Is all about getting it right at the right time. Go n youth men do alyuh thing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>