April 26, 2024, 07:42:55 AM

Author Topic: Another tough contest for T&T Under-20s  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another tough contest for T&T Under-20s
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:08:36 PM »
T&T Express

Trinidad and Tobago's national Under-20 footballers will get the chance to sharpen their preparation for the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup with a warm-up encounter against South Korea's Under-20 team at the host association's National Training Centre, Seoul from 4 p.m. (3 a.m. T&T time) today.

The junior "Soca Warriors" arrived in Seoul Thursday night following their two-match stint in United Arab Emirates and will be hoping for a better showing on tour since leaving Port of Spain last Friday.

They lost both games to the UAE, with 1-0 and 5-0 scorelines.

Korea are preparing to face off with United States, Cameroon and Germany at the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt in September, while T&T will kick off the tournament against the hosts.

In March, former South Korea senior team captain Hong Myung-Bo was appointed as head coach of the Under-20 team, replacing Cho Dong-Hyun, who had successfully guided the young Taeguk Warriors into the finals.

Myung-Bo was assistant to Dick Advocaat at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

For today's match, Myung-Bo has included four professional players, including forward Kim Dong-Sub of Japanese A-League club Shimizu S-Pulse, defender Lee Taek-Gi of Korean pro club Pohang Steelers, Kim Young Wook of Korean club Chunnam Dragons, and midfielder Kim Ui-Beom who plays for FC Seoul, also in the professional K-League.

The rest of the squad comprises players attached to universities in South Korea.

South Korea, who defeated Japan 4-0 to book their spot in Egypt, have qualified for the Under-20 World Cup on ten previous occasions, with their best result being a fourth place finish in Mexico in 1983.

They have never gone beyond the group stage since they reached the quarter-finals at Portugal 1991.

"This is an important time for me as I'm set to make a coaching debut. Achieving good results at the finals is not my only goal. I will work hard to transform the young players into the stepping stones for the future of Korean football," Myung-Bo said as he looked ahead to the upcoming Finals.

Trinidad and Tobago captain Leston Paul will be hoping to lead his team to a more complete showing in Seoul, realising they must make good of these training matches.

"We know it's important to do well and hopefully get good results in these matches. I think some of the guys are still very disappointed with the last 5-0 loss and I hope we can forget about it and lift our performance and confidence now," Paul told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes after they completed a one-hour session under lights at the Training Centre's first field last night in chilly conditions, with the temperature at 19 degrees Celsius.

Strikers Qian Grosvenor and Daniel Joseph are yet to find their feet, while back-ups Trent Lougheed and Juma Clarence will be eager to impress when given the opportunity.

Glenroy Samuel, along with regulars Sean De Silva, defender Akeem Adams and Paul are expected to return to the starting line-up after being left on the bench from the start by coach Zoran Vranes in the 5-0 loss in Al Ain.

Vranes is looking at the encounter as a chance to iron out some problems in the squad.

"Of course I was disappointed with the last result. Our guys at this point should be physically and mentally ready to give South Korea a good game," said Vranes.

"Of course the home team will be more rested than us. We are here to prepare and we must see every game as an important part of our training schedule.

"If you look at the facilities here where we trained tonight you can see it's one which should be every player's dream to train at. I hope we can make enough use of it over the next week or so and we will see which players take full advantage of it," he added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Another tough contest for T&T Under-20s
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 05:22:00 AM »
any word?..game dun sincebout 4 this morning
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:34:49 AM »

We lost 3-1.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »

We lost 3-1.

I would've been surprised if we won....

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 06:39:36 AM »
atleast we score. was it from open play?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 06:42:08 AM »
Reality is ah bitch we!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 07:00:36 AM »
good
we scored one :applause:
more to come ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 07:57:51 AM »
looks like we heading into the lions den in Egypt. If we cah win one warm up what going to happen when the ting really start. Vranes look he have no answer

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 08:07:59 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:18 AM »
T&T Express

Strikers Qian Grosvenor and Daniel Joseph are yet to find their feet, while back-ups Trent Lougheed and Juma Clarence will be eager to impress when given the opportunity.
Seems like the striker positons up for grabs .. what happen to  kyle bethel  he aint interested now more or he injured or injured? then we have knox
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »
people out here real good yes
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »

Doh study them nah man.....you see they eh post in the other thread since the video get put up and the youth men eh look so bad?

My thing is, when was the last time the players went on a trip like this? This is their first outting, give them a chance nah. Is not like is a bunch of season pros who accustom travelling and playing in different places.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 11:50:37 AM »
We know we small in the football world why we does still go out and play these teams like is regional teams we playing.We have to play them defensive and go for the counter attack.If the WARRIORS did not play defensive in the world cup we woulda get ah bag ah goal.We ant learn nothing from Leo?!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »

Doh study them nah man.....you see they eh post in the other thread since the video get put up and the youth men eh look so bad?

My thing is, when was the last time the players went on a trip like this? This is their first outting, give them a chance nah. Is not like is a bunch of season pros who accustom travelling and playing in different places.
:applause: :applause:
Thank you Elan
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »
looks like we heading into the lions den in Egypt. If we cah win one warm up what going to happen when the ting really start. Vranes look he have no answer
And exactly how many warm-up games did Leo win just before we went to Germany? Guess HE didn't have no answer either? I prefer we do the losing NOW, and learn from our mistakes, BEFORE we get to Egypt...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOXKUQrUQWE
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOXKUQrUQWE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dOXKUQrUQWE</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 01:38:13 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOXKUQrUQWE
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOXKUQrUQWE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dOXKUQrUQWE</a>
Youths dem playing alright, man*. Without dat goalkeeper blooper to make it 2-0, it prolly woulda be a more respectable score in the end.

*unless Fuentes leaving out de footage where we getting overrun.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »
Thanks Shaun!

Thanks Babalawo fuh postin.

Well...is not like we didn't have chances.  Yes..ah sure Shaun pull out de highlights of de T&T plays but it didn't look like we were overrun here.  

Keep goin fellas!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 02:03:34 PM »
the highlights suggest that there is no need to press the panic button. i still concerned about we goal scoring but we shall see how it goes
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
Cosign.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »
And exactly how many warm-up games did Leo win just before we went to Germany? Guess HE didn't have no answer either? I prefer we do the losing NOW, and learn from our mistakes, BEFORE we get to Egypt...

Some of this group had experience from the u17 World cup so they should have some experience at this level

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 03:27:35 PM »
Cosign.

WHAT U COSIGNNNNNNNN  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>