April 26, 2024, 09:41:57 AM

Author Topic: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09  (Read 51860 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »
When?

Wednesday, 06 May 09, 20:45 (Barcelona Time)
Wednesday, 06 May 09, 14:45 (North American Eastern Time)

Where?

Stamford Bridge, London

League Ranks

FC Barcelona, 1st, 82 points, Goal differential +68
Chelsea FC, 3rd, 71 points, Goal differential +36

Current From

Last five away matches
Barça, W-W-D-W-D
Last five home matches
Chelsea, W-W-W-D-D

1st Leg
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=43424.msg561071#msg561071
FC Barcelona 0-0 Chelsea FC

31-10-06 Barcelona 2 - 2 Chelsea
18-10-06 Chelsea 1 - 0 Barcelona

07-03-06 Barcelona 1 - 1 Chelsea
22-02-06 Chelsea 1 - 2 Barcelona

08-03-05 Chelsea 4 - 2 Barcelona
23-02-05 Barcelona 2 - 1 Chelsea

Injured /Absent players

Injured: Milito and Márquez
Puyol is suspended

Més que un club.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »
this is de end of de road fuh barca.i'm smellin ah repeat of last year's final.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »
buh barca wasnt in d final last year ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »
100 x 69 metres) stamford bridge field dimensions

105 x 68 metres camp nou field dimensions.

i was told that barca had one of the widest fields in europe. i didnt expect stamford bridge to be one pitch that was wider. yummy. That extra metre will come in handy lol
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
Time to put La Liga to rest  :devil: Droggggggggbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaa!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
100 x 69 metres) stamford bridge field dimensions

105 x 68 metres camp nou field dimensions.

i was told that barca had one of the widest fields in europe. i didnt expect stamford bridge to be one pitch that was wider. yummy. That extra metre will come in handy lol

dey will surely mark the field smaller... so don't count on that
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177257/Attack-attack-attack-We-outplay-Chelsea-bullies-insists-Iniesta.html?ITO=1490

Attack, attack, attack! We will outplay Chelsea bullies, insists Iniesta
by NEIL ASHTON
Last updated at 9:18 PM on 04th May 2009

Barcelona arrive in London this afternoon, back on the attack and again calling on the football world to unite against Chelsea’s suffocating system.

The purists in Pep Guardiola’s side, which includes just about everyone who lined up in the first leg against Chelsea in the Nou Camp last Tuesday, believe their devotion to the beautiful game will be their pass to the Champions League final in Rome.

Andres Iniesta, one half of Spain’s dynamic central midfield partnership with club-mate Xavi Hernandez, promises that they will attack all night in the return leg, just as they did in the goalless draw last week and as they did to devastating effect in
the 6-2 mauling of Real Madrid in the Bernabeu on Saturday

Barcelona’s Iniesta (right) does not appear to hold back as he gets stuck into Real’s Sergio Ramos at the weekend

According to Iniesta, Chelsea will be beaten by the beautiful game at Stamford Bridge, taken apart by the fearsome front line of Samuel Eto’o, Lionel Messi and Thierry Henry, should the former Arsenal striker come through a fitness test.

‘We will be thinking, “Attack, attack, attack”. That is the Barcelona way,’ claimed Iniesta.

‘Chelsea play football the way they want to, and they have had success that way. But we will not play their game.

'It is hard to play beautiful football when the other team are not playing beautiful football themselves. We think beautiful football is the only way the game should be played. They play it very tough and have some tough players. I think the referee will need to have a good game so that we can play our flowing football.

'We can’t allow the way they approach a match to affect our approach. We will not compromise our system for any team in the world, and Chelsea are no different.’

It was hard-hitting stuff from a player who was shocked by Chelsea’s negative tactics last Tuesday, the Londoners sitting back at the Nou Camp and inviting Barcelona to attack them in a stifling 0-0 draw.

Bosingwa: Kept Messi quiet in first leg

Guardiola’s team are the guardians of free-flowing football, an advanced version of Arsenal’s young team, capable of slicing teams apart with their exquisite touches on the edge of the area. They believe they can overcome Chelsea’s bully-boy tactics, finding a way past the muscular presence of Frank Lampard, Michael Essien and Michael Ballack in the centre of their midfield and then leaving it to their attacking trio to conjure their way past the Stamford Bridge defence.

Iniesta added: ‘I made it quite clear I was unhappy with the first leg. Chelsea had their game-plan and realised that the way to stop us was to hit us hard. If that’s what they want to do then that’s fine.

‘We will not stop playing the way we do because, quite simply, beautiful football is the only game we know. We pass quickly, play with style and a flow. That’s how it will need to be if we are to beat Chelsea.’

To do it they will inevitably turn to Messi, the world player of the year in waiting. He was subdued by Jose Bosingwa’s solid performance at left back last week, but he came alive again in the Bernabeu on Saturday evening, scoring twice against Real.

He showed flashes of his creative genius against Chelsea, but Iniesta believes one moment of Messi magic can turn the tie in Barcelona’s favour tomorrow evening.

Iniesta said: ‘At the moment, all eyes are on Leo, and if he doesn’t have the best game of his life then people say so — and that is crazy when you consider what he has done this season.

‘He is the best player in the world and the pressure that comes with that will not get to him. He loves occasions like this because he can really lift his game.

‘With a player like Leo he doesn’t even need to have a good game to punish you. He can have one moment of genius and that’s a team finished before they even have time to understand what has happened.

‘Chelsea will try to keep him out of the way again, but that is not an easy thing to do, as many teams have found out this season.’

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177246/My-stars-playing-futures-insists-Chelsea-boss-Hiddink.html?ITO=1490

My stars are playing for their futures, insists Chelsea boss Hiddink

by NEIL ASHTON
Last updated at 9:53 PM on 04th May 2009

Guus Hiddink last night warned Chelsea’s ageing team that they will be playing for their futures at the club in tomorrow’s Champions League semifinal second leg against Barcelona.

Despite 31-year-old Didier Drogba’s return to form, there are no guarantees that the striker will remain at Stamford Bridge next season and he heads a list of players with question marks over their role at the club.

Michael Ballack, 32, is to discuss taking an option on a one-year contract extension this summer, but his future as a £130,000-a-week midfielder remains in doubt following three inconsistent seasons at the club.

I'm the boss: Guus Hiddink has issued a stark warning to his Chelsea players

Florent Malouda, 28, has also found some form in midfield just as the club consider their options for next season; 25-year-old defender Branislav Ivanovic, who has emerged in recent weeks, will also meet chief executive Peter Kenyon to discuss his future, and Ricardo Carvalho’s career at the club is also in jeopardy, the central defender celebrating his 31st birthday in 13 days’ time.

Interim manager Hiddink revealed: ‘There are many clubs where players start playing well in April and May because they know that maybe they want to stay.

‘You can see that in the whole history of the game, when players start playing well at this time of the season.

‘Generally speaking, even if a player’s contract is expiring, he has a responsibility to deliver.’

No guarantees: Striker Didier Drogba and midfielder Michael Ballack head a list of players at Stamford Bridge with question marks over their roles at the club

Hiddink is so highly regarded by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich that the Dutchman will have a fairly significant say in the futures of a number of players at the club even though he is set to leave.

Hiddink has observed them at close quarters since his arrival in London and will make his personal recommendations at
the end of the season.

He added: ‘I can have an influence on what happens to these players and I can always make suggestions to the people at the club who ultimately decide.

‘When players are committed, you don’t worry whether they are 31 or 32. In the longer-term strategy for the club, you must have plans for the future even when a player is doing well at 31.

‘You must have plans on what can be done, whether to replace a player in a year or more.

‘If people ask me I will give my opinion, whether that is the staff, the medical people, the physios, the guys who practise with the team or the conditioning coaches

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »
this is de end of de road fuh barca.i'm smellin ah repeat of last year's final.

Whey yuh buy dem grapes? Not in Queens, must have been in Chelsea, Manhattan  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 07:34:06 PM »
may the best team win
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »
I dunno, but if we go through, I feel barca is the easier side for we to play in the final
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »
sammy on no occasion is barca ever the easier side to play. especially in a one off game.

and to whoever wrote d article. bosingwa didnt hold down messi. no one man can do that it takes atleast 3 players

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 01:40:13 PM »
sammy on no occasion is barca ever the easier side to play. especially in a one off game.

and to whoever wrote d article. bosingwa didnt hold down messi. no one man can do that it takes atleast 3 players

i not saying barca shitty or anything, is just that if Chelsea meet we in the finals they would play us harder not only for CL glory, but Bragging rights against us in the EPL.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »

Haul yuh cont wid da ass talk eh boy!!  Dem fackers couldn't get past the body checks :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »
hmmmm action tomorrow   8)
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 02:41:04 PM »

Haul yuh cont wid da ass talk eh boy!!  Dem fackers couldn't get past the body checks :devil:

make sure and tell u boy ballack to rock iniesta a elbow to mouth for making excuse and talking shit bout chelsea is a bully side.

Go chelsea.
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

make sure and tell u boy ballack to rock iniesta a elbow to mouth for making excuse and talking shit bout chelsea is a bully side.

Go chelsea.

Ballack will buss up he cont fuh dah jackass statement.  Watch him get ah dread blade before da game done.  Either from Obi, Ess, or Ballack!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 02:59:24 PM »
Now for Chelski to put an end to this gimmick La Liga team. Messi winning nothing  :devil:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
Sempre Barca!

Come on Barca. ManU v Chelsea 2 years in a row. Please no  :praying: haha

Come on..this is the UEFA CL, not the FA Cup on steroids. Go BARCA!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »

Optimus.  Remember to show up on de board round dis time tomorrow eh.  Doh play yuh "fuhget" yuh know... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »

Optimus.  Remember to show up on de board round dis time tomorrow eh.  Doh play yuh "fuhget" yuh know... ;D

Do frighten Palos I eh scared to taste exotic meat, so if Barca somehow find dey stones and win I go be right here fuh ah serving. :D

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »

Do frighten Palos I eh scared to taste exotic meat, so if Barca somehow find dey stones and win I go be right here fuh ah serving. :D

doh study dem.....they quaking.... all the time they saying how the only EPL side that could play the beautigul game with Barca is arsenal. See what the beautiful side get today? MUAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH
2-1 tomorrow Chelsea going through - although i still maintain that Chelsea is the harder side for we to play in the final.
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
Of Principles and Might

Pish Post Fantastic
Sun Tzu once wrote there are 5 essentials for victory:

1. He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.

2. He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.

3. He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit.

4. He will win who prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.

5. He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered by the sovereign.

Considering Abrahamovich has given Hiddink free reign, the Dutchman executed these five principles to perfection against Barcelona. Given the blaugrana’s frightful offense, Hiddink knew he was restricted to a game of containment rather than open attack. Few expected him to turn his back on his own heritage; a heritage that includes some of the finest players who all believed in the one thing: total football. Full backs as wingers, forwards as midfielders, the seamless integration of each player into a fluid unit was the ultimate goal of the Dutch national team. Yet Hiddink’s approach hints at his supreme belief in the words of Sun Tzu. Barça were simply not ready to face a human wall as expensive as that of Chelsea. Methodical in play and united on the front, his instructions to his players were clear; forego any attack and keep the ball as far from goal as possible. Hiddink came prepared as one who knew how to handle a superior force. Barça for all their might had to acknowledge the ignorance of their play. While Chelsea got the result they were after, Barça and the rest of the Camp Nou were left furious and empty handed.

As the dust settled, the game itself was brutal commentary on modern football. Financial interests have relegated top clubs to hypocrisy. Ferguson, Mourinho, Benitez and Wenger have often derided small clubs of using a “park the bus” mentality, claiming it takes away from the game. Yet three of those four managers have now used the same tactic against Barcelona. Alan Hansen, pundit extraordinaire called Chelsea’s approach heroic, while lambasting Blackburn for employing the same tactics against the EPL’s top sides.

The most popular criticism leveled at Barça was that they know of only one way to play; to attack. Fans and pundits alike have criticized the club’s supporters for not appreciating the tactical side of the game, a side that all too often gets overlooked, sometimes even by the crash, bang and wallop of the EPL. The Spanish club were chastised for not “living up to the hype”, a hype perpetuated not by the club, but by a bored media grown tired over “Ronaldo to Madrid” claims. This criticism however, only exposes the lack of knowledge such pundits have of the clubs they claim to know. Barça remain one of the few clubs whose philosophy has become ingrained in past, present and future players. The club has been built on the notion that the art of the sport should be celebrated with results coming as a consequence. A trophy won due to lack of skill, flair and attacking guile is a trophy not worth winning. Louis Van Gaal, a former manager who delivered two league championships while at Barcelona knows this all too well. His successes came on the backs of uninspired and mechanical play. Regardless of the trophy count, the Dutch coach was shown the door not once, but twice. Cules made it clear that such an approach would never be welcome at the club. Rijkaard understood it and Guardiola lives it.

This same philosophy is what binds its supporters to the heights of glory and the depths of defeat. As a big club, Barcelona’s supporters will always demand trophies, but know in their hearts that flair and passion don’t necessarily translate to success. However, what they are certain of is the approach and attitude that the team will always take. To be a player for Barça is maddening, yet immensely satisfying. The pitch will never concede its place as a stage on which a player’s worth can truly be measured. 120,000 fans will either applaud you with the utmost sincerity or boo you off the pitch with equally acidic disgust. Within the Camp Nou, there exist no questions of identity for this is a club whose identity is well defined.

Sun Tzu claimed victory lies in the knowledge of the five points. However, there remains another saying:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle”

On Wednesday night, cules around the world will rise and cheer as their beloved blaugrana take to the pitch. One week ago, Barça knew not its enemy. On Wednesday night, Barça shall be sure of two things; its opponent and itself. Barça will take to Stamford Bridge without the fear of defeat or the anticipation of the final result. They will come simply to play their same one way of football, and regardless of the result, their supporters will love them dearly for it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »
lets see if barca got the goods tomorrow
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 09:02:19 AM »
Chelsea look to exploit Barcelona's soft centre

Barcelona's training session at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge

Barcelona wailed about Chelsea's defensive tactics in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final but they should be more concerned about their own rearguard before the return at Stamford Bridge.

With Carles Puyol suspended and Rafael Marquez injured, Barcelona look horribly exposed in central defence, especially with the powerful presence of Didier Drogba poised to overpower whoever is drafted in.

Amid the jubilation of Barcelona's 6-2 thrashing of Real Mad rid on Saturday, Chelsea's spies will have reported back that Real's two goals were via the heads of Gonzalo Higuain and Sergio Ramos courtesy of slack marking in the middle.

Gerard Pique, Eric Abidal and Martin Caceres, who has looked shaky this season, are vying for the two slots while manager Pep Guardiola could spring a surprise by dropping muscular midfielder Yaya back to counter the physical presence of Drogba.

The big Ivorian will be licking his lips at the prospect of attacking that soft centre, and when it comes to set pieces, he will have considerable reinforcement.

Centre backs Alex and John Terry, Michael Ballack, Mikel, and fullback Branislav Ivanovic, who headed two goals in the quarter-final against Liverpool, have considerable presence in and Frank Lampard has an unerring delivery.

Ballack and Terry will have loved every word of Barcelona's complaints and no doubt plan to deliver a similarly uncompromising welcome on Wednesday.

Hiddink, aware of his side's set-piece and aerial threat but also concerned by Barcelona's dangerous attack and ability to snatch an away goal, is likely to start with the same steady approach with Drogba ploughing a lone furrow up front.

Nicolas Anelka, who scored his 22nd of the season on Saturday, will be desperate to start but is more likely to return to the bench, from where can be introduced to add more variety to Chelsea's attack if plan A fails to come off.

"I like to have a flexible team," Hiddink said after seeing his two strikers operate successfully together again. "I don't want them surprised with two strikers playing together.

Chelsea are also stiffened at the back with the return from suspension of Ashley Cole.

The England left back is at his best when fully concentrated on man-marking a dangerous winger, and Lionel Messi, who admittedly did not much out of stand-in Jose Bosingwa in the first leg, will have to be at his elusive best to make his mark.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »
Henry looking doubtful for the game.

So I guessing this formation.

Iniesta -- Eto'o -- Messi

Keita -- Toure -- Xavi

Abidal -- Pique -- Cáceres -- Alves

Valdes

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »
deep down i want to see Chelsea loss eh  :angel: i just feeling to see it  :devil:
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »
deep down i want to see Chelsea loss eh  :angel: i just feeling to see it  :devil:

Well yuh inner depths will be disatisfied when we gih Barca 2 in dey cont to sen dem home!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 10:35:05 AM »

Training top real bad.

Més que un club.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 10:45:03 AM »
Henry looking doubtful for the game.

So I guessing this formation.

Iniesta -- Eto'o -- Messi

Keita -- Toure -- Xavi

Abidal -- Pique -- Cáceres -- Alves

Valdes

This side in for a proper cutarse by Chelski...

1]; } ?>