April 16, 2024, 03:54:33 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09  (Read 51525 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2009, 03:54:28 PM »
Keep posting hoss...at least we go know yuh still alive.

jedd I eh done tell yuh fok you aready?!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »
have to agree with optimus ah bit . chelsea have the advantage over the 2 legs ah will  openly admit that. all that said we go take ah dive 4 drogba in the finals
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2009, 04:02:53 PM »
Barca played their worst game of the season and had a bit of luck.  but ah go take it  one shot on target one goal. it was all we needed

Maybe it was Barca's worst game of the season, but yuh have to give credit to Chelsea for dat.

From de time Essien did strike dah wonder goal so early in de match, it allowed Chelsea de freedom to play exactly like how they did at the Nou Camp last week.

Barca knew that and that messed up their original plans because they were counting on Chelsea playing more openly playing at home, needing to win.  When that goal scored, Barca no longer had the luxury to play it cool...not with a defence like Chelsea's....which is why the pushed up even more than normal and were caught on the counter several times by Chelsea.

Drogba and Anelka put Barca's defence under a lot more pressure in this leg but I also felt that each of their penalty claims were correctly turned down by the ref.  There was one in particular with Drogba and YaYa I think which at first glance I said penalty, but when the replay came up, it clearly showed he took ball.  Great tackle.

When one looks at what Barca had to overcome to win this tie...

Early goal conceded
Formidable Chelsea defensive tactics (and I'm not being critical here)
No Puyol
No Marquez
Messi was a non factor
Wrong red card decision
Dominate possession a man down
Equalize a man down

Their victory was anything BUT lucky.  THEY EARNED IT!  Champion Teams do things like that.  Brazil did something similar in WC 2002 when Ronaldinho got sent off against England in de quarter final and turn round and dominate not just possession, but the game itself.  Ah not sayin Barca dominate de game itself, just comparin de circumstances and end result.

Hard lucks to Chelsea because had they prevailed, THEY would have earned the victory but to me it shows just how much character and grit that Barca has, a trait that's normally seen as only the purview of English, German or even Italian teams.

On to de final!  Cyah wait!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:08:03 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »
have to agree with optimus ah bit . chelsea have the advantage over the 2 legs ah will  openly admit that. all that said we go take ah dive 4 drogba in the finals

Dan me an you could lime anytime, yuh is ah rell football man :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »
aye the way i jump out ah mi seat when iniesta score ah feel ah woulda dunk on yao ming. makes me wonder what does an arsenal fan do to get that feeling? ;D

WATCH IT!!!  >:(

Yuh never went through an ENTIRE EPL SEASON undefeated so check yuh contents!  :devil: ;D

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »
One set ah men talking bout Messi was invisible and non efective etc. etc.

Who d phoq give Iniesta the ball to score?

Més que un club.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »
*sigh*  :'(
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14:52 PM »
When yuh look at it from that angle palos I can appreciate the argument.  Barcalona is a gritty team indeed.  Despite being down only one nil, many other teams would have frustratingly abandoned their normal style and tactics further diminishing the potential for that necessary goal.  Hats off to Barca, they got their opportunity and capitalized.

Keep in mind people that despite all the original predictions before this matchup the score on aggregate is 1-1.  So despite all the beautiful football the most Barca could muster was a tie with 1 paltry goal over 2 legs.  Man mighten like how Chelsea played them but if yuh like football you'd respect them.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »
Barca played their worst game of the season and had a bit of luck.  but ah go take it  one shot on target one goal. it was all we needed

Maybe it was Barca's worst game of the season, but yuh have to give credit to Chelsea for dat.

From de time Essien did strike dah wonder goal so early in de match, it allowed Chelsea de freedom to play exactly like how they did at the Nou Camp last week.

Barca knew that and that messed up their original plans because they were counting on Chelsea playing more openly playing at home, needing to win.  When that goal scored, Barca no longer had the luxury to play it cool...not with a defence like Chelsea's....which is why the pushed up even more than normal and were caught on the counter several times by Chelsea.

Drogba and Anelka put Barca's defence under a lot more pressure in this leg but I also felt that each of their penalty claims were correctly turned down by the ref.  There was one in particular with Drogba and YaYa I think which at first glance I said penalty, but when the replay came up, it clearly showed he took ball.  Great tackle.

When one looks at what Barca had to overcome to win this tie...

Early goal conceded
Formidable Chelsea defensive tactics (and I'm not being critical here)
No Puyol
No Marquez
Messi was a non factor
Wrong red card decision
Dominate possession a man down
Equalize a man down

Their victory was anything BUT lucky.  THEY EARNED IT!  Champion Teams do things like that.  Brazil did something similar in WC 2002 when Ronaldinho got sent off against England in de quarter final and turn round and dominate not just possession, but the game itself.  Ah not sayin Barca dominate de game itself, just comparin de circumstances and end result.

Hard lucks to Chelsea because had they prevailed, THEY would have earned the victory but to me it shows just how much character and grit that Barca has, a trait that's normally seen as only the purview of English, German or even Italian teams.

On to de final!  Cyah wait!

Palos, when yuh listing all the things Barca had to overcome, doh forget that Eto'o did not show up today (or last week) either....
  This was not an easy game to watch......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2009, 04:15:52 PM »
palos you forget no henry

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »
Chelski deserve what they get. Cowardly football in the first leg and then at home still reluctant to attack.
The tactic did not work and is pure  :cursing: and tears.
Lets face it Barca's football is fitting of a big stage. As a matter of fact ManU as well, the two best teams made it to Rome.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »

Wha is dat picture, synchronized running?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2009, 04:18:46 PM »

For the kind of player Messi is.

For the consistent impact he NORMALLY has on any game

For the number of times Barca chose to go through Eto'o on the left, ignoring Messi on the right

Messi was invisible by his normal standards

No shame in dat...it jes is what it is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2009, 04:19:41 PM »

Aye yuh keyboard workin now facker!!  :devil:

It still working?

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »
When yuh look at it from that angle palos I can appreciate the argument.  Barcalona is a gritty team indeed.  Despite being down only one nil, many other teams would have frustratingly abandoned their normal style and tactics further diminishing the potential for that necessary goal.  Hats off to Barca, they got their opportunity and capitalized.

Keep in mind people that despite all the original predictions before this matchup the score on aggregate is 1-1.  So despite all the beautiful football the most Barca could muster was a tie with 1 paltry goal over 2 legs.  Man mighten like how Chelsea played them but if yuh like football you'd respect them.

Doh geh no horrors, Prime.  Chelsea go bongx back from dis.  Leh we look to win de FA Cup.......but yuh could at least look to Barca to avenge today's "loss" fuh yuh in tree weeks.  ;D

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2009, 04:21:51 PM »
any neutral would be happy . hands down the 2 best teams in d world in the final. 2 teams that like to score goals. though mind barca defence depleted.  hopefully  henry should be back and pep will  find 2 wing backs.

but ah really find the barca players didnt run at the chelseea players enough but then again i guess is only so much kick ah man can take
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »

For the number of times Barca chose to go through Eto'o on the left, ignoring Messi on the right

But they did try to go thru Messi quite a few times but he couldn't comfortably get the flank runs he likes and often cut inside straight into the crowd.  Had Alves been effective with his crosses, Messi wouldn't be regarded as invisible since he would have in effect sucked the defense in and provided the opportunity for Alves to roam the flank.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2009, 04:24:10 PM »
any neutral would be happy . hands down the 2 best teams in d world in the final. 2 teams that like to score goals. though mind barca defence depleted.  hopefully  henry should be back and pep will  find 2 wing backs.

but ah really find the barca players didnt run at the chelseea players enough but then again i guess is only so much kick ah man can take

Ah few kick does sorfen up de bess ah dem :rotfl:

Aye DT fok you boi  >:(

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »

But they did try to go thru Messi quite a few times but he couldn't comfortably get the flank runs he likes and often cut inside straight into the crowd.  Had Alves been effective with his crosses, Messi wouldn't be regarded as invisible since he would have in effect sucked the defense in and provided the opportunity for Alves to roam the flank.

silenced..yes...invisible no....
messi made a few runs and did a good job in drawing players..usually dishing to alves who did a whole lot of shit on that right wing..almost every decentish looking barca attack practically die with dani alves 2night..eto'o was more of a non-factor than messi...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:30:06 PM by Arazi »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »

I could ah swear, on more than one occasion, I see Messi blow past Cole. I would admit that the final pass was lacking but with 7 men in the goal it would be difficult for even the best of players.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2009, 04:27:49 PM »

But they did try to go thru Messi quite a few times but he couldn't comfortably get the flank runs he likes and often cut inside straight into the crowd.  Had Alves been effective with his crosses, Messi wouldn't be regarded as invisible since he would have in effect sucked the defense in and provided the opportunity for Alves to roam the flank.

silenced..yes...invisible no....
messi made a few runs and did a good job in drawing players..usually dishing to alves who did a whole lot of shit onf that right wing..almost every decentish looking barca attack practically die with dani alves 2night..eto'o was more of a non-factor than messi...

Alves real play shit in troot oui.  Shots like he tryin to score in American Football and crosses like he think dem men is 7 footers.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »

I could ah swear, on more than one occasion, I see Messi blow past Cole. I would admit that the final pass was lacking but with 7 men in the goal it would be difficult for even the best of players.

yuh sure bout dat?!

giggsy11

« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2009, 04:29:46 PM »
Ah tink the time will come where yuh have robots replacing refs and lines people! Lets see Drogba and Terry try tuh intimedate Terminator!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
aye ah almost 4get that. alves real play tata boy nah dread. i saying we playing we corners short cause we saying chelsea players better in the air than us. ok. so y the hell alves was crossing like ah  mad man. boom over every body head.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
Save for his defense it might be ah blessing allyuh eh go have him for the final cause ManU even taller than us inside and Evra is like ah relentless bulldog.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »

Més que un club.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »
palos you forget no henry

Yeah.  Henry too...good call dey sinned.  I tort he jes get leff on de bench but ah realize he wasn't dey at all.  Guess de injury he had from de first leg really pull he stones.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »
Messi had a 'aiight' game but like everyone else in yellow, dey couldn't see light in dat final third cause Chelsea was stingy!!  At a time you would see 8 or 9 men back holding dey own and defending hard.  BTW, alves and keita (however his name spell) play real crap today dread!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »
You is ah real fokup fella in troot yuh kno DT.  Dat shit funny to look at doh.  Ah never see Ballack so insensed  :rotfl:

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »
De Miami Heat could ah use Ballack, good footwork.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

1]; } ?>