March 28, 2024, 03:14:48 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09  (Read 51185 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2009, 05:56:15 AM »
Like I said, United had enough money to buy Berbatov, pay off the EPL refs (Howard Webb in particular) and still had enough left over for UEFA officials.

How I know this was going to happen.

Taylor offers United ray of hope over Fletcher

UEFA general secretary David Taylor has revealed an avenue of appeal could be open to Manchester United over the red card which has dashed Darren Fletcher's Champions League final hopes.

The Scotland international was dismissed late on in Tuesday's Champions League semi-final win over Arsenal for a professional foul on Cesc Fabregas.

Replays showed Fletcher had in fact played the ball but UEFA confirmed yesterday that United do not have the right to appeal against the referee's decision.

As things stand Fletcher will sit out the final against Barcelona in Rome later this month but Taylor has hinted at a reprieve for the combative midfielder.

''I have spoken with Alex Ferguson personally on this - as fate would have it we shared a car after the match. We were rather thrown together but had an interesting discussion,'' Taylor told The Sun. ''He was very fair about the referee and what had happened but equally he was very disappointed for Darren, as are we all.

''I tried to give Alex as much advice as I could with regards the procedure in these circumstances.

''There is no formal process. But if the club want to write to us with information - such as video evidence - explaining why they think this is a harsh punishment then they can do that.

''The likelihood is that we'd then refer the matter to our disciplinary body.

''They would then look to see if there were any special circumstances to justify any departure from established procedures.

''I must stress there is normally no way these matters can be overturned.''

Fletcher's hopes could hang referee Roberto Rosetti admitting to his apparent error in his match report, but Taylor concedes such an admission may not be enough to reverse the red card.

''The ref may take the view a mistake has been made and include that in his report but that wouldn't be in any way decisive,'' he continued. ''It's an entirely discretionary thing, whether or not the committee feels there is reason to intervene.

''That's the position. Strictly speaking there's no appeal process but representation can be made and looked at.''

Typical b!tch move!!

Més que un club.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2009, 06:18:18 AM »
How much did Barcelona pay the ref yesterday then... If so I hope that Abramovich pay some money to UEFA and get the game replayed.... so they could put all yuh out yuh miseries!

United will take out your Messi trash....!

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2009, 06:23:22 AM »

Hahahahahaha!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2009, 06:25:02 AM »
Hohohohohohohohohoho!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2009, 06:26:22 AM »
WAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2009, 06:27:56 AM »
GUFFAW!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2009, 06:31:37 AM »
WOOOO!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2009, 06:32:58 AM »
HEHHEHEHEHEHEHEH!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2009, 06:34:02 AM »
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2009, 06:38:35 AM »
oh lawd the Paul Bearer face Killing meh..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:05:30 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2009, 06:50:55 AM »
The referee was one of the worst I have ever seen.  That red card on Abidal was nonsense.  Anelka tripped over he own feet.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 07, 2009, 07:06:14 AM »
 :heehee:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 07, 2009, 07:13:20 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rmyp5NM78l8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rmyp5NM78l8</a>

Anybody notice Sylvinho had to stop Pep from celelbrating and remind him bout the time and to make subs??

yeh i saw that...too funny. first year head coach but he has a great balance of youth and experience and sylvinho's experience showed there.

chelsea shud have killed off that game last night. they had enough chances to do so especially when playing a man up but they didnt. the pique hand ball was probably the most clear cut penalty not given...and the ref had a clear view of it too. but the better team won last night...ah was too glad for dem boys!!!! now on to manu!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 07, 2009, 07:31:38 AM »
People talkin bout chelsea shoulda get penalties and dey woulda at least be 2-0 up.

Wha GUARANTEE it have dat Chelsea woulda score ANY penalty?  Especially after last year's CL Final.

Barca EARNED their spot in the CL Final.  They were NOT GIVEN IT.

Wheel and come again Chelsea.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #314 on: May 07, 2009, 08:14:13 AM »
wooo ... I thought it was going to be rum til I die after the end of that game yes.

Gutted by the result, but not getting emotion and partialism towards one side cloud the postmortem of the game is another thing.

Since lots of people discussing a dead and buried first leg that Barca deserved to win because they played better, it will take big men on the Barca side of the fence that Chelsea deserved to win the 2nd leg. Instead, the tables were turned and Chelsea deserved to win the tie, BUT Barca got the favourable result.

IMO there were two penalties that should have been awarded to Chelsea. The foul on Malouda INSIDE the box that was amazingly awarded as a foul outside the box, and the blatant handball by Pique. Very poor call by the referee .... and while there is no assurance that Chelsea would have scored both penalties, these were two crucial calls that the referee got absolutely wrong. Not making those calls are absolutely indefensible and was throughyly indicated in Pep's post game interview.

Abidal red card was totally undeserved. After watching many replays, there was the slightest of nudges on Anelka, but as Anelka continued his run - ANELKA TRIPPED OVER HIS OWN FOOT and that was what caused him to fall over. He was still balanced after Abidal INITIATED the contact. The referee though was poorly positioned and instead of rushing to his pocket, should have consulted the linesman.

For two Chelsea players - Ballack & Drogba - this is the end of the road for their careers at Stamford Bridge. I don't see the impending suspensions as having anything to do with it, but when you don't win trophies in a side that was built to do so, you need to change the ingredients in the recipe, especially when the ingredients shelf life starting to get old.

Dani Alves didn't deserve to play in the final. He is a very good player, but he constantly whines and cries about every foul - and is very hypocritical when he commits the same fouls or worse. It would have been exciting to see his style of play in the final, but the whining and constant professional fouling would have overshadowed any performance - even his freekicks are becoming very ineffective.

I'll maintain that a Chelsea - Man U final would have been more entertaining than a Barca - Man U final and it has nothing to do with my allegiance to Chelsea. Both sides know each other very well. Both sides would be less wary or defensive-minded than if either was facing Barca. You also have a revenge match of sorts after last year's CL Final and the natural rivalry that is escalated .... and unlike a similar matchup that would have Barca pitted against Real, there was no way that either side was going to win as lopsided and embarassing as a 6-2 score.

The suspensions/ injuries thus far favour Man U. Their standings in the league also favour Man U who can cruise to the CL Finals and worry about player fitness/ rehab less than Barca. The form of Man U over their semi triumph also favour Man U, because for all the chest pumping and grand charging that Barca layed out as the best side in the world, they were showed up by English opposition. While Barca waltzed into Real's goal at will and toyed with them last weekend - they struggled to breakdown Chelsea's defence, and with all their dancing, imagination and intricate passing - they lacked dedicated purpose, execution, know how, patience and skill in dismantling the Chelsea defence until the very last minute of added on extra time - so it took the best side in the world 185+ minutes to finally find a way to crack the Chelsea defence. Man U is capable of locking up that defence by deploying Carrick and O'Shea infront of their back 4 - where 2-man Ferdinand and Vidic play bigger than any 4-man defense in La Liga.

The Final will be a matchup we've been longing for since last year: Messi vs. CRonaldo - that is a whole 'nother thread. Eto'o, Henry, etc ....

As a Chelsea man first up, I backing Barca because I don't pull for Man U no matter who they playing. But as a realist, Barca have more firepower, but more importantly Man U have a better defence than Barca and if Man U 3rd goal is anything to go by, there will be lots of tears in Nou Camp ... and it will not be tears of joy.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 07, 2009, 08:28:55 AM »
Ok ah late....internet at the apt was down yesterday- what a game for the neutral! Drama, controversy and last minute heroics.

In the end, over the 180 minutes the better team won.  Hats off to Barca for being the braver of the two units.  In both games they came out to dictate the pace, and they got their just reward for patience and persistence.  You have to respect a team that goes on the road into a tough stadium like S. Bridge with a make-shift line up, plays with 10 men (unfairly) for 30 mins and still goes out to play positively and win the game.  

That said, I feel it for Chelsea and their fans though because they were hard done by the ref, but take away the hype, and look at the calls again, and Pique's hand ball penalty call was the only sure shout.  The last minute shout against Eto'o was not a good one- the ball hit the corner of his arm pit and his back- that's not a hand ball...For Malouda's flop in the first half, the initial contact took place outside the box the ref let it play for a second because it looked like Malouda was going to stay on his feet and maintain the advantage, then he flopped as soon as sniffed the paint of the penalty box...come on- better than that.  The other half-shouts were Drogba flopping under any pressure of physical play...again- better than that.  On the flip side, Abidal's red card was a bad call- a huge one too because it gave Chelsea the space and momentum to break...and you could argue that Ballack's challenge in the 1st leg was a red card offense, and that Henry was pulled down for a pk in the first leg as well- so it kinda evens out...the timing of the events makes it hard to see it that way....oh well.

I was surprised that again Hiddink was as conservative as he was- So many times I had to remind myself that Chelsea was the home team yesterday...They were content to sit behind the ball and hoof it long for Drogba- Their goal was a moment of brilliance that was made out of nothing, but other than that Chelsea's football was so unenterprising- Only after Barca got reduced to 10 men did Chelsea put up some sorta flow of play going forward and even that was counter-attack based- surprising for a big team from what is supposed to be the strongest league in the world.... Barca was clearly understrength and struggled to hit a shot on target but their approach was more positive and would have won the support of the neutral.  

So Hiddink was being hailed as a master tactician (questionable in my opinion- I don't see the mastery in parking the bus, and going route 1 on the counter....discipline yes, effectiveness maybe, master tactics- hardly)...after all that he probably should take some notes himself no. 1 being: 0-0 away from home is sometimes not enough....sometimes you need to score a goal on the road as the away team demonstrated yesterday.

On to the final...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 07, 2009, 08:37:04 AM »
People talkin bout Chelsea shoulda get penalties and dey woulda at least be 2-0 up.

Wha GUARANTEE it have dat Chelsea woulda score ANY penalty?  Especially after last year's CL Final.

Barca EARNED their spot in the CL Final.  They were NOT GIVEN IT.

Wheel and come again Chelsea
Palos yuh talking crap they.. Oh gord Arsenal never show any signs that they even belong but don't take that out on Chelsea... Yes there were no guarantees they would score, but no guarantee they would miss either.. I am sure if Arsenal lost out on a definite missed penalty that had the potential to put them in the finals, you would not  take it so lightly...

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 07, 2009, 08:43:56 AM »
Kicker yuh talking crap... What makes Barcelona deserving of a place in the final , not saying Chelsea deserve a place, but based on what, the ability to not score at home? Having 1 shot, yes a crucial shot on target for the whole, game, the attacking powerhouse had 1 frigging shot on goal all game... Sheesh give me a frigging break....I aint see no beautiful football from them... No fault of Chelsea the defense were injured or yellow carded or Henry being hurt.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2009, 08:50:46 AM »
I'll maintain that a Chelsea - Man U final would have been more entertaining than a Barca - Man U final and it has nothing to do with my allegiance to Chelsea. Both sides know each other very well. Both sides would be less wary or defensive-minded than if either was facing Barca. You also have a revenge match of sorts after last year's CL Final and the natural rivalry that is escalated .... and unlike a similar matchup that would have Barca pitted against Real, there was no way that either side was going to win as lopsided and embarassing as a 6-2 score.

Yuh have FA Cup for those domestic rivalries.  

This is the UEFA Champions League- There is no better stage than this to see the No 1. teams from the arguably the two strongest leagues go head to head with eachother...No better stage than this to see arguably the two best players in the world go at it...

About teams being defensive facing Barca- If true that would speak volumes of the respect/fear that they have for Barcelona.... That said I think Man U will play their normal game to win this one....and throw most of the caution to the wind

If the only football that gets you out of bed is EPL football, then I see what you're saying...but if you have a broader persepctive of top flight football being played around Europe, yuh really couldn't hope for a better final match up than this.

Both teams will more than likely be crowned champions in their domestic leagues- This final fits the definition of Champions League

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2009, 08:54:28 AM »
Kicker yuh talking crap... What makes Barcelona deserving of a place in the final , not saying Chelsea deserve a place, but based on what, the ability to not score at home? Having 1 shot, yes a crucial shot on target for the whole, game, the attacking powerhouse had 1 frigging shot on goal all game... Sheesh give me a frigging break....I aint see no beautiful football from them... No fault of Chelsea the defense were injured or yellow carded or Henry being hurt.

Not denying that they struggled to create...They were effectively neutralized...but they definitely played to create, and in the end that persistence, paid off: they created (executed) enough on the road to put them through. Chelsea didn't do that on the road.  Chelsea appeared to be satisfied with not scoring on the road so long as they didn't concede.  That was my point.  In the end that's what made the difference not so? (didn't Barca advance by virtue of the away goals rule?) Many different ways to look at it I agree- I was just describing one.

How is that crap?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:58:27 AM by kicker »

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 07, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »
Ok ah late....internet at the apt was down yesterday- what a game for the neutral! Drama, controversy and last minute heroics.

In the end, over the 180 minutes the better team won.  Hats off to Barca for being the braver of the two units.  In both games they came out to dictate the pace, and they got their just reward for patience and persistence.  You have to respect a team that goes on the road into a tough stadium like S. Bridge with a make-shift line up, plays with 10 men (unfairly) for 30 mins and still goes out to play positively and win the game.  

That said, I feel it for Chelsea and their fans though because they were hard done by the ref, but take away the hype, and look at the calls again, and Pique's hand ball penalty call was the only sure shout.  The last minute shout against Eto'o was not a good one- the ball hit the corner of his arm pit and his back- that's not a hand ball...For Malouda's flop in the first half, the initial contact took place outside the box the ref let it play for a second because it looked like Malouda was going to stay on his feet and maintain the advantage, then he flopped as soon as sniffed the paint of the penalty box...come on- better than that.  The other half-shouts were Drogba flopping under any pressure of physical play...again- better than that.  On the flip side, Abidal's red card was a bad call- a huge one too because it gave Chelsea the space and momentum to break...and you could argue that Ballack's challenge in the 1st leg was a red card offense, and that Henry was pulled down for a pk in the first leg as well- so it kinda evens out...the timing of the events makes it hard to see it that way....oh well.

I was surprised that again Hiddink was as conservative as he was- So many times I had to remind myself that Chelsea was the home team yesterday...They were content to sit behind the ball and hoof it long for Drogba- Their goal was a moment of brilliance that was made out of nothing, but other than that Chelsea's football was so unenterprising- Only after Barca got reduced to 10 men did Chelsea put up some sorta flow of play going forward and even that was counter-attack based- surprising for a big team from what is supposed to be the strongest league in the world.... Barca was clearly understrength and struggled to hit a shot on target but their approach was more positive and would have won the support of the neutral.  

So Hiddink was being hailed as a master tactician (questionable in my opinion- I don't see the mastery in parking the bus, and going route 1 on the counter....discipline yes, effectiveness maybe, master tactics- hardly)...after all that he probably should take some notes himself no. 1 being: 0-0 away from home is sometimes not enough....sometimes you need to score a goal on the road as the away team demonstrated yesterday.

On to the final...

Thank you kicker.....I was waiting for somebody to finally say it. The contact with Malouda was initiated outside the area; it was one call the ref actually got right. The Pique handball was the only sure penalty shout.

Also, the majority of the pro-Chelsea contingent seem to be forgetting the events of the 1st leg of this tie, where Barca was the team that was hard done by the officiating. There was also no question that in that tie Barcelona was hands-down the better team. Taking that into consideration, over 180 mins Barca deserved to go through.

And all the talk about Messi doing nothing against English opposition is bullshit.....every time he had the ball, THREE chelsea defenders surrounded him, every time, watch the game again. That gave D. Alves a lot of space, and Messi usually found him. If not for the toots Alves put down on the field yesterday, Messi's impact would have been far more pronounced. Also say nothing for the fact that it was Messi who found Iniesta for the winning goal. Once again, 3 Chelsea defenders were on Messi, leaving Iniesta some room to strike.

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 07, 2009, 08:57:33 AM »
The teams can be faulted for the crap that the referee do. So having said that if a team could play with ten men for a relative amount of time in a hostile atmosphere and still get a result I would say that they deserve to be in a final. Barca still had the ball and was attacking like if it was 11 v11. As they coach said, Chelsea was too cautious with an extra player. SURVIVE AND ADVANCE. THE GREAT ONES DOES ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO DO THAT
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #322 on: May 07, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »

This is the UEFA Champions League- There is no better stage than this to see the No 1. teams from the arguably the two strongest leagues go head to head with eachother...No better stage than this to see arguably the two best players in the world go at it...

About teams being defensive facing Barca- If true that would speak volumes of the respect/fear that they have for Barcelona.... That said I think Man U will play their normal game to win this one....and throw most of the caution to the wind

If the only football that gets you out of bed is EPL football, then I see what you're saying...but if you have a broader persepctive of top flight football being played around Europe, yuh really couldn't hope for a better final match up than this.

Both teams will more than likely be crowned champions in their domestic leagues- This final fits the definition of Champions League

No doubt, the two hottest commodities in football will go up against each other on a individual & team level: Messi vs CRonaldo, and Barca vs. Chelsea.

For all the ominous form that Barca has had, they haven't won anything yet - and like the cliche, to be the champions, you have to beat the champions - so in that perspective, this would be the final that many hoped for.

For the men that saying Barca deserved to go through based on the 1st leg, they talking out dey arse - because Chelsea deserved to go through based on the 2nd leg. You can't blame Chelsea that Barca couldn't score in the 1st leg - you have to credit Chelsea for defending so damn good as to not concede in the first place.

Man U will be defensive of a lesser extent to how Chelsea played at Nou Camp. Their two central mids will play deep because their forwards have enough pace to counter/ break without linkup play.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 07, 2009, 09:11:35 AM »
Agreed kicker but as you said you just describing one way.. But point taken..

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »

No doubt, the two hottest commodities in football will go up against each other on a individual & team level: Messi vs CRonaldo, and Barca vs. Chelsea.

For all the ominous form that Barca has had, they haven't won anything yet - and like the cliche, to be the champions, you have to beat the champions - so in that perspective, this would be the final that many hoped for.

For the men that saying Barca deserved to go through based on the 1st leg, they talking out dey arse - because Chelsea deserved to go through based on the 2nd leg. You can't blame Chelsea that Barca couldn't score in the 1st leg - you have to credit Chelsea for defending so damn good as to not concede in the first place.
Man U will be defensive of a lesser extent to how Chelsea played at Nou Camp. Their two central mids will play deep because their forwards have enough pace to counter/ break without linkup play.

If the bolded part is true, then overall Barcelona deserved to go through because they got the goal they needed away from home, when Chelsea didn't. TALK DONE
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2009, 09:14:01 AM »
thank yuh meh brother and they did it with ten men too
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »
what barca show is how feared they r in europe with 10 men chelsea still werent pushing up  that much. they jus showed barca 2 much respect. 90 min goals does real hurt thats y chelsea men waNT to kill some1.

You confusing fear with respect.  To a man I doubt you'll ever hear any member of Chelsea organization say they fear any team.  Barcalona's attack should be respected by all teams.  They may be feared by teams tha view themselves as inferior opponents, but despite what some of the dunce cunnies in here may think Chelsea does not consider itself anything less than Barcalona's equal.  We eh like dem shit teams in La Liga that pretend to be able to play them, we know we can

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »

Not denying that they struggled to create...They were effectively neutralized...but they definitely played to create, and in the end that persistence, paid off: they created (executed) enough on the road to put them through. Chelsea didn't do that on the road.  Chelsea appeared to be satisfied with not scoring on the road so long as they didn't concede.  That was my point.  In the end that's what made the difference not so? (didn't Barca advance by virtue of the away goals rule?) Many different ways to look at it I agree- I was just describing one.

How is that crap?

Spot on as usual Kicker. Chelsea had that same one real shot on goal during the first leg, at least Barca's went in. I agree that the chronology of events frustrating the Chelsea fans. At 92 minutes everybody thought it was a Chesea win. The late goal makes Barcelona win seem undeserved but just as Chelsea fans are using chances as a measure of who "deserved" to win, Barcelona fans could use possession and attacking intent. Ultimately it is goals that matter and in a stalemate goals on the road matter and Chelsea did not try hard enough to get one.

The thing is the late goal is always a danger for a side which concedes possession and crucially momentum to preserve a lead. You see it time and again. Even when Chelsea started moving forward it just wasn't clicking. Add to the fact that even the strongest dam must burst sometime and you always leave yourself open to a defensive lapse when you decide to defend only.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:10 AM »
I finally get a chance to say something. Nah I was not hiding.

All who saying that Barcelona dominate, have to check their understanding of football. If you say they play prettier football I could accept that. I see them men play theyself out of trouble and I was like what the hell.

At the same time Drogba in his 18 yards box taking ball on he chest and making passes. He should have finished his chances and along with the 3 PK that was not given the score would/should have been 5-0. Those who say Drogba was not fouled in the box in the 2nd half look back at the PK Man United get (vs Arsenal I think) and then come back and argue with me.

Sure hand ball in the box by Pique and no call, Malouda get pulled down and no call. At the same time The red card was a harsh one. I think I can see what the ref thought, but still.

defensive football my backside. How come valdez was sweating all night?

Anyway we showed that the Catalan Giants and their one hundred goals cannot impact our defense as easily.

Or and all who talk about tactics and I was talking shyte last game, watch how Pep hug up Guus. You know what he telling Guus, Well played Guus, well played, you have us frustrated.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 07, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »

On to the final...

Kicker, the only thing I would come close to "disagreeing" with you on, is the so-called penalty that was not called on the Pique hand ball.  It is, in my opinion, a call that call have gone either way and I can be satisfied with how it actually was called for one reason: Pique's arm was already outstretched and in place when Anelka played the ball onto his arm.  He had his arm out strictly to balance himself and that could just as easily have been considered ball-to-hand in the officials' eyes,  So, while I can see a ref calling it as a penalty, I could also understand why he didn't.  Like so many of us pointed out, Barca had some bad calls go against them last week, too, that could have just as easily decided the outcome of the tie.  Barcelona, to their credit, did not focus on those calls too much.  We have to take the good with the bad.  Even the little tug on Drogba's shirt in the first half........don't think that Messi and Eto'o wasn't gettin their shirts pulled, too.  I could see if Barca didn't suffer from their share of bad calls, too, then man have every right to be in an uproar....but Barca could have been in uproar since last week, but instead, they came to play more attacking football.  Credit to them for that. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>