April 24, 2024, 09:49:26 AM

Author Topic: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09  (Read 51721 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »
deep down i want to see Chelsea loss eh  :angel: i just feeling to see it  :devil:

Well yuh inner depths will be disatisfied when we gih Barca 2 in dey cont to sen dem home!!

:rotfl:  Oh LAWD allyh stink eh?!.......but yuh sure two in de c**t eh go satisfy man inner depths? (especially DieHard!)  :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »
deep down i want to see Chelsea loss eh  :angel: i just feeling to see it  :devil:

Well yuh inner depths will be disatisfied when we gih Barca 2 in dey cont to sen dem home!!

:rotfl:  Oh LAWD allyh stink eh?!.......but yuh sure two in de c**t eh go satisfy man inner depths? (especially DieHard!)  :devil:

Daiz true eh  :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 10:48:13 AM »
i go hear alyuh later .  :D enjoy yuh self mango  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 10:50:18 AM »

Training top real bad.

Top is ony fuh oman an hen so is very fitting dat yuh like Barca trainin top :rotfl:

Doh wait til later DHW cause nutten eh go change afta Barca get level in de Bridge

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »

Caption: Yes Ashley Coley, yuh get away last time. Next rounds I go show yuh what blow past is about.

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »
i go hear alyuh later .  :D enjoy yuh self mango  :devil:

I done declare my neutrality fuh this tie long time, so I eh really vex who win or lose.  Where Barca might play with more style, technical and tactical ability that can defeat manure, Chelsea could more than make up for with physicality and familiarity.  At this point, just as long as allyuh doh win de trophy, I happier than a runaway slave!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 11:03:09 AM »
Lionel Messi's beauty takes on Chelsea's beast

The meaning of the phrase Total Football has become a little blurred, but in Barcelona they like to believe that they are keeping alive the vision of Rinus Michels. The Dutchman espoused a kind of magical liberalism in the Netherlands in the 1960s before taking his sporting ideals to Catalonia and a club that embodied a region's defiance against the oppression of the ailing Franco regime.

Those ideals have been carried into the 21st century, in which Barcelona epitomise the values of a vibrant, hip, fun-loving city, with the torch passed on from Michels via Johan Cruyff to Pep Guardiola, the club's latest coach. Cruyff is the link between the eras, having followed Michels to Barcelona from Ajax and having coached Guardiola, an integral member of his much-vaunted “Dream Team” who won four successive Primera Liga titles in the early 1990s and the club's first European Cup, at Wembley in 1992.

Barcelona represent everything that is good about the game. They play beautiful football, with quality oozing from the fantastic feet of Xavi Hernández, Andrés Iniesta and Lionel Messi, all graduates of the Cantera Barcelonista, the club's phenomenally successful youth academy. The club are owned by their supporters, another Utopian vision, and, having historically renounced shirt sponsorship, they now bear the name of Unicef on their shirts. In a game that often seems to have been devoured by greed, Barcelona stick out like a sore thumb. They are truly a class act.

It is not difficult to portray them as the good guys as they head to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea, a club built on the wealth and whims of Roman Abramovich, a Russian billionaire whose impatience and short-termism has undermined his alleged wish to create a team that performs like “Barcelona in blue shirts”.
Related Links

A colour-blind spectator would not have much difficulty in distinguishing the teams tonight. The Chelsea players, with a few exceptions, are the hulking colossuses, eager to fizz the ball around at pace and force the kind of high tempo that will allow them to overwhelm their opponents. The Barcelona players, again with a few exceptions, are the little guys who caress the ball and look to devastate their opponents with speed of thought and speed of footwork.

It is a clash of cultures, one that has been more heavily pronounced by the flurry of complaints from the Barcelona camp since the first leg, a frustrating 0-0 draw at the Nou Camp eight days ago. According to Xavi, the Barcelona captain on the night: “We played football. They did not play anything at all. In England they talk about fair play so much. It's a shame that they don't put that into practice on the pitch. There was no fair play from Chelsea at all.”

Yet what is fair play? If it is playing with the kind of reckless abandon that Real Madrid showed as they were subjected to a stunning 6-2 defeat by Barcelona at the Bernabéu on Saturday evening, Guus Hiddink and his Chelsea players will make no apologies for giving it a miss once more tonight. Instead they will play to their strengths, working to a sound tactical game plan that looks to exploit their physical superiority while trying to neutralise the obvious threats posed by Barcelona, such as the trickery of Messi and the incisive passing of Xavi and Iniesta.

Perish the thought that Chelsea's roundheads should prevail against the cavaliers from Catalonia. If they do, we will hear the usual complaints about negative and rough-house tactics or, to borrow a favourite phrase of the Spanish press, “anti- football”. This is the antithesis of Total Football, as espoused by Michels and Cruyff and modified by Frank Rijkaard and Guardiola, Barcelona's previous and present coaches, under whom the phrase has come simply to mean football played with a liberal sprinkling of fantasy.

The whining is the one aspect that rankles when it comes to Barcelona's devotion to the beautiful game. As with Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, there is an assumption that they have a divine right to play their football and that opponents should not be allowed to stop them, even if they do so within the laws of the game. It is a lovely thought, but it is an approach that can appear flawed when opponents are capable of performing with the tactical discipline that Chelsea, with only the odd slip, showed at the Nou Camp and that Manchester United exhibited in beating Barcelona 1-0 over two legs in last season's semi-final.

In an ideal world, everyone would play beautiful football, but even the late, great Michels acknowledged that it could not always be thus. One of his most famous soundbites is that “professional football is something like war; whoever behaves too properly is lost.” It is a line from which he tried to distance himself because it did not fit in with his wider philosophy about how the game should be played, but it showed that even the architect of Total Football was willing to be pragmatic and, presumably, that there had to be an iron fist inside the velvet glove.

Do Barcelona, for all their glorious talent, have what it takes to overcome opponents who are bigger, stronger, more experienced and presumably more committed to a destructive game plan? It would be great for the game if they could, reiterating, after Spain's success in the European Championship finals last summer, that skill and artistry can conquer all. But if it is Chelsea who march through to the final in Rome on May 27, do not be taken in by the recriminations that will inevitably follow from Barcelona.

A great football man once opined that the perfect team is the one that “finds the balance between creative players and those with destructive powers, and between defence, construction and attack”. Barcelona's players may be surprised to hear this, but the man in question was Michels.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
Leh dem hens from Barca caress balls all deh like.  Bad man does kick ball we doh caress it!! :rotfl:

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 11:21:50 AM »
Leh dem hens from Barca caress balls all deh like.  Bad man does kick ball we doh caress it!! :rotfl:
if u refering to chealski as bad man then dey dont kick ball they does watch it cause dat is all dey was doin last week. go barca teach dem ball watchers how to play this game

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »
if u refering to chealski as bad man then dey dont kick ball they does watch it cause dat is all dey was doin last week. go barca teach dem ball watchers how to play this game

funny how de scorline eh suggest Baca did one ass but hey maybe my eye cokey nah!  Bout teach, we go teach dem how to hush dey cyat an doh thro no words fuh big man.  Ballack will level dem hen an dem!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »

funny how de scorline eh suggest Baca did one ass but hey maybe my eye cokey nah!  Bout teach, we go teach dem how to hush dey cyat an doh thro no words fuh big man.  Ballack will level dem hen an dem!!

???
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »

???

Gun from here ManU undercover lover.  Yuh have no say in dis :devil:

On ah side note we eh reason since ah bounce yuh up in de airport.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »

???

Gun from here ManU undercover lover.  Yuh have no say in dis :devil:

On ah side note we eh reason since ah bounce yuh up in de airport.
lol Yeah, that was funny. I think you were the only person I met from the site.
www.westindiantube.com

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:14 AM »

that surprising considering how many were in and about Hashville.  Yuh shoulda come de bashment and lime.  Den again wit your temperment yuh mighta try to buss one ah dem players head :rotfl:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »

that surprising considering how many were in and about Hashville.  Yuh shoulda come de bashment and lime.  Den again wit your temperment yuh mighta try to buss one ah dem players head :rotfl:

My temperament? Yuh mean my sweet demeanour.  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 12:42:05 PM »

My temperament? Yuh mean my sweet demeanour.  :devil:

Yeah da same one lol

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 12:55:22 PM »
GOAL

Chelsea 1
 :rotfl: beautiful football?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 12:56:39 PM »
.....Now watch how some people go want to blame Valdes fuh dat goal! (ah notice Essien went STRAIGHT to John Obi Mikel to celebrate, eh.  Not Bollocks!)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
GOAL

Chelsea 1
 :rotfl: beautiful football?

fok dem an dat ass talk now ah nex one in dey cont commin!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
Great save, VV!!!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 01:11:52 PM »
Allyuh haters quite eh.  We will slaughter dem hens an dem. call or no call :rotfl:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
Barca defenders sellin' out, but it look to me like DDQ coulda be offside on dat play.  Good save by VV again.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »
Barca better smarten up

is like day auditioning for the 6 nations cup
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
blood too, oh gawd look how dem hens about to get man handle!!  Bad yellow on Alves ref.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:19 PM »
Lampard is ah hen ah wha?
www.westindiantube.com

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »
Lampard is ah hen ah wha?

Yuh come back again?!  Ah eh warn yuh?!  De man get bloodied an eh cryin like Alves!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
Dani Alves gehing me vex oui.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »

He being a ass.  The yellow mighta be a lil harsh, but the ref probably give it under the "persistent foul play" rule.  Meanwhile Tommy Smyth talkin' a setta shyte.....as usual!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:27:02 PM by Mango Chow! »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »
lie dong yuh lil hen!!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 01:28:18 PM »

He being a ass.  The yellow mighta be a lil harsh, but the ref probably give it under the "persistent foul play" rule.  Meanwhile Tommy Smyth talkin' a setta shyte.....as usual!

The man was fouling persistently and talking shit. Good card in my opinion and I supporting Barca.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>