April 28, 2024, 03:34:12 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09  (Read 52002 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09
« Reply #330 on: May 07, 2009, 10:39:19 AM »
Credit to them  ???

I guess Chelski never attacked or played football... no wonder they never got in the box for penalties.

Expert CL REfs and coaches admit that Chelski was done wrong and should be in the finals.

At the end of the day this supposed "pretty" football team with the "messi fella aka best footballer" had the help from the ref's to get into the Finals. Not on their playing merit... :beermug:

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 07, 2009, 10:51:41 AM »
Credit to them  ???

I guess Chelski never attacked or played football... no wonder they never got in the box for penalties.

Expert CL REfs and coaches admit that Chelski was done wrong and should be in the finals.

At the end of the day this supposed "pretty" football team with the "messi fella aka best footballer" had the help from the ref's to get into the Finals. Not on their playing merit... :beermug:

So you completely ignoring the fact that Barcelona had poor referee decisions go against them in this tie as well?? And I talking over BOTH legs, not just this one.

In the end the calls, and non-calls, evened themselves out. Barca had a legitimate penalty shout turned down in the first leg, Chelsea had their ONE legitimate penalty shout (the Pique handball) turned down in the second leg. Barcelona squandered their fair share of chances in the 1st leg, and Chelsea did the same in the return fixture. The difference in the tie was that Barca scored their one real opportunity on the road, while Chelsea squandered theirs. Give jack he jacket.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 07, 2009, 11:07:05 AM »
ACB......a player is not allowed to cover extended space or " make himself a bigger blocker " by extending his arms whether or not his back is turned. I am a Man U fan, couldn't care less who won yesterday or whether the referee really did decide to make the call. However, if I was the Chelsea player shooting that ball, ah woulda chase down de referee and make mihself look like an ass just like ballack did. Referee looked like he was out of his league and scared to affect the game.....and ended up doing what it looked like he was scared of in de worst, nightmarish way. Hope no cacahole mess with de man and he family, but he really annoy de fack out of a lot of people for real. Licks in Barca tun tun in Rome!!!
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 07, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »
I understand why Chelsea and their supporters feel hard done by, but to think they deserved a host of penalty calls and to be in the final makes no sense.

Barca felt hard done by when Malouda grabbed Henry's shirt and pulled him down in the box in the 1st leg. Chelsea fans want Barca to be gracious about the ref's calls, but noone wants to admit Chelsea dodged one there. Barca also felt hard done by Ballack's professional foul on Iniesta in the 1st leg when he was already on a yellow. He should have been sent off and not seen the pitch in this game. Abidal red card? C'mon. I could be chippy and call other things, but to be honest, those are the only fair calls Barca can say really went against them. After all, is big men playing the game.

On to Chelsea. First pk claim was Alvez manhandling Malouda. Fact is Alvez fouled the man well outside the box and the ref was within his right to let the play continue. If Malouda continued to beat Alvez and got in a cross or shot, the ref would have rightly played advantage. However, Alvez continued to foul the man and wrestle him to the ground on the edge of the box. If that was the first contact, no problem, good call for a penalty. However, like all advantage plays, the ref called the ball back to where he thought the first foul took place which is outside the box. Fair call to the ref.

I wouldn't call any of the tackles on Drogba as penalties. The Abidal one was more dodgy, but Yaya tackle was clean. Actually, just went on tvgolo and watched the highlights. They have a great angle on Abidal's tackle on  Drogba and Drogba looks like he took a dive.

Pique handball...penalty. He didn't handle it on purpose, but when your hands that far from your body, you expect to see that get called. Is a hard luck on the defender, but Barca dodge one dey.

Yaya on Anelka. Not a penalty. Anelka ran into trouble and went down as soon as he had nowhere to go.

Ballack shot off Eto'o. I eh go even bother explaing why that was no penalty.

So in my view, Chelsea had 1 clear pk shout. And here is where i find men not making sense. First,there is no guarantee that the penalty is scoring. So whereas it is perfectly fair to say Chelsea should have had the penalty or penalties awarded, you jumping the gun to extend that to saying and they 'deserve' to be in the final.

Let's assume that a penalty was awarded. It does not matter if Chelsea scores or doesn't..noone knows how either team would have reacted after. My point is, it is ridiculous to think that the game would have followed the exact same pattern and you'd have the exact other penalty shouts as well. If the ref called penalty for any one of the situations in question..after it is taken, scored or not..the other penalty shouts are probably irrelevant cuz it is a completely different game after that.

All I can say is Chelsea deserved a chance of at least one penalty and their fans should feel aggrieved for that. If it had happened to Barca, I would feel aggrieved too..Oh wait. It did. Seriously...I hate all the ref controversy. At best, 2 penalty calls were missed over 2 legs..one for Barca and one for Chelsea. Trying to determine who should be in the final based on that is a joke. Each missed decision is a game changer that renders the others moot.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:47:56 AM by Filho »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2009, 11:44:15 AM »
Credit to them  ???

Where were the expert coaches when Barca didn't get that penalty in the first leg. Those coaches are pretty silent on the fact that Ballack shouldn't even have been playing the second leg. What about the Abidal red card that wasn't even a foul.Steups.  Plenty experts out there yes.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »
All I can say is Chelsea deserved a chance of at least one penalty and their fans should feel aggrieved for that. If it had happened to Barca, I would feel aggrieved too..Oh wait. It did. Seriously...I hate all the ref controversy. At best, 2 penalty calls were missed over 2 legs..one for Barca and one for Chelsea. Trying to determine who should be in the final based on that is a joke. Each missed decision is a game changer that renders the others moot.
Daiz it right there Filho.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
So now all the talk from the English is that Barca are over-hyped and that they're only able to play 'attractive' football because La Liga is inferior and Barca has no opposition.

OK then...I guess they had no opposition when Real won the last two league titles, or when they were beaten by Espanyol who were at the bottom of the league.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »
Somrthing else about the Iniesta goal.

That was an absolutely magnificent goal.  And Bobby McMahon had it spot on yesterday.

He said....when yuh take into consideration de amounta work and runnin dat Iniesta and Xavi does put een in a regular shift for Barca.  Add dat to how much dey do tryin to unlock CHELSEA defence AND defend against dey attack.

Den yuh factor in dat dey was down to 10 men in de last 20 minutes of de game so dey efforts had to be redoubled.

When Messi pass dat ball to Iniesta, only GOD alone knows how much ground he cover in dat match.  It was  in de 93rd minute of the game.  A ball like that comin across, yuh natural inclination done is to lean back and hit it and when yuh factor een de tiredness and leg wearniness, he say 99% of players in a similar position would have skied dat ball up into Row Z.  He did lean back yes, but he lean back jes enough and hit a perfect shot....at that stage of the game.  De presence, de technique, de will was remarkable.

McMahon also talk bout Essien goal.  He say Essien both feet was off de ground when he hit de volley.  He eh jes pelt he foot.  He knew exactly what he was doin.  A remarkable feat and execution of technique.

2 boss goals in a boss game.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »

That was an absolutely magnificent goal.  And Bobby McMahon had it spot on yesterday.

He said....when yuh take into consideration de amounta work and runnin dat Iniesta and Xavi does put een in a regular shift for Barca.  Add dat to how much dey do tryin to unlock CHELSEA defence AND defend against dey attack.

Den yuh factor in dat dey was down to 10 men in de last 20 minutes of de game so dey efforts had to be redoubled.

When Messi pass dat ball to Iniesta, only GOD alone knows how much ground he cover in dat match.  It was  in de 93rd minute of the game.  A ball like that comin across, yuh natural inclination done is to lean back and hit it and when yuh factor een de tiredness and leg wearniness, he say 99% of players in a similar position would have skied dat ball up into Row Z.  He did lean back yes, but he lean back jes enough and hit a perfect shot....at that stage of the game.  De presence, de technique, de will was remarkable.

McMahon also talk bout Essien goal.  He say Essien both feet was off de ground when he hit de volley.  He eh jes pelt he foot.  He knew exactly what he was doin.  A remarkable feat and execution of technique.

Post game, Iniesta said that if you had given him that chance in the 5th minute, he woulda sky it in row z. De man say he put his entire soul into that shot.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2009, 01:25:59 PM »

Iniesta had just come back from being fouled up in Chelsea's half. lol

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0aAZQThk0

'No es Andres Iniesta! Es el dios de justicia de futbol!'

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »

That goal was nothing short of brilliant...  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »
So now all the talk from the English is that Barca are over-hyped and that they're only able to play 'attractive' football because La Liga is inferior and Barca has no opposition.

OK then...I guess they had no opposition when Real won the last two league titles, or when they were beaten by Espanyol who were at the bottom of the league.

Their football is more flowing in la liga in big part because on average La Liga teams don't play them as negatively/defensively as did Chelsea did...

With the recent success that the EPL has had in Champions League, EPL advocates/fans have become so ungracious and dismissive of football outside of England- The degree to which it's justified notwithstanding, it's so cocky, annoying and sufficient to turn the neutrals against teams like Man U & Chelsea...Over the past week, we watched a Barca side put together a slick display of football in the Nou Camp, and a brave display which was full of heart & desire with an understrength (and for part of the game undermanned) team at Stamford Bridge, and still manage to play a neat brand of enterprising football culminating in a one of the best goals of the tournament, and all the EPL faithful could comment on is conspiracies against the English and poor refereeing calls etc...No acknowledment to their adversaries who in all fairness played very well. 

If Barca beats Man U in the final it'll be a waiting game for the next barrage of excuses.

btw didn't Barca scrape a draw at Valencia only days before their first Chelsea match?  And Valencia in no way parked the bus to stiflle- they played them toe to toe and had them against the ropes for long periods of the game.  The average La Liga side is no Chelsea sure, but neither is the average EPL team....and there is quality in La liga that has given Barca a good run for the money this season without putting all 11 men behind the ball....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2009, 02:44:04 PM »
lampard went and congratulate iniesta after the game and they exchanged shirts. lampard u is one ah mi fav players  and i have even more respect 4 u now.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »
Credit to them  ???

So you completely ignoring the fact that Barcelona had poor referee decisions go against them in this tie as well?? And I talking over BOTH legs, not just this one.

In the end the calls, and non-calls, evened themselves out. Barca had a legitimate penalty shout turned down in the first leg, Chelsea had their ONE legitimate penalty shout (the Pique handball) turned down in the second leg. Barcelona squandered their fair share of chances in the 1st leg, and Chelsea did the same in the return fixture. The difference in the tie was that Barca scored their one real opportunity on the road, while Chelsea squandered theirs. Give jack he jacket.
the Ballack shot that was stopped in de dreggs was also a legitimate penalty...Ballack shoulda buss ah flikin calpit on de ref. That was a frankomen handball. Chelsea was robbed. Fu*k Barca and La LIga.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 07, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »
Credit to them  ???

the Ballack shot that was stopped in de dreggs was also a legitimate penalty...Ballack shoulda buss ah flikin calpit on de ref. That was a frankomen handball. Chelsea was robbed. Fu*k Barca and La LIga.

dat wasnt no sure penalty..d man back was turn...jeez

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 07, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
If BArca get rob as much as Chelsea get rob (first and second games) why is it they are saying the ref from the second game alone, will not ever ref an international game??? just curious... Also no mention of the missed penalty in the first thread... all of a sudden men talking sh!te abt penalty from the first leg...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:29:28 PM by samo »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 07, 2009, 05:22:09 PM »
lampard went and congratulate iniesta after the game and they exchanged shirts. lampard u is one ah mi fav players  and i have even more respect 4 u now.

Lampard wife is ah born and raise catalan... he mighta get two clout, the living room couch and no pum pum for the week if he did gruff up like Drogba  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 07, 2009, 06:12:39 PM »

Lampard wife is ah born and raise catalan... he mighta get two clout, the living room couch and no pum pum for the week if he did gruff up like Drogba  :rotfl:

ex-fiancee. I was reading that before the 1st leg. dey dun...good ting. woulda be too much stress in dat house de last 5 years or so. den again..she mighta like espanyol  :devil:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »
How much did Barcelona pay the ref yesterday then... If so I hope that Abramovich pay some money to UEFA and get the game replayed.... so they could put all yuh out yuh miseries!

United will take out your Messi trash....!

doh study he....nah
he forget when Rikaard was having dinner with refs a few years ago.

:heehee:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:32:17 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 07, 2009, 07:22:05 PM »
If BArca get rob as much as Chelsea get rob (first and second games) why is it they are saying the ref from the second game alone, will not ever ref an international game??? just curious... Also no mention of the missed penalty in the first thread... all of a sudden men talking sh!te abt penalty from the first leg...

it was brought up a lot. but the Barca and La Liga supporters here well outnumbered. watch Hiddink full match press conference, or read the article on soccernet. De hypocrite say he would let the Abidal tug on Drogba slide, cuz the ref missed Malouda's foul on Henry in the 1st leg. Oh...dat is why he would let it slide  ::) And of course you only hearing about this ref. What you expect? I am 100% sure most of your football news comes from the English press.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 08, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2009, 07:32:25 AM »
Credit to them  ???

So wait! Is Barca fault now that the referee make dem calls? The same experts agree the other way in the first leg. Chelsea player sent off, penalty etc. All said yuh still have to score the penalty. Is not like Chelsea never benefit from bad refereeing through the season. Its part of football. We just lucky to have 40 camera angles & 25 slow motion replays.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2009, 07:48:50 AM »
granted that chelsea woulda score d one legitimate penalty...who is to say dey woulda go on an win d match??...is barcelona..not stoke..jeeez

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »
alyuh rest it nah...barca went thru on away goals..end of story...

chelsea ppl are sour cuz is not the first time they went out of the champion's league without actually losing..in fact is like the fourth time in five years.. and this one rel hurt..men on chelsea site say it hurt more than last year final because of the manner and i could understand...so we bummy..let us mourn in peace nah...instead further kicking us wen we down..

I want Barca to win the whole thing anyway...it's what they deserve for the football they've been playing all season..

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2009, 09:24:21 AM »

Who saying that OUTSIDE of England??? Read something other than the English press boss.

Credit to them  ???

dat wasnt no sure penalty..d man back was turn...jeez

Thank you!.......I doh know how you cud call a penalty for a ball that hit a man in his armpit, from point blank range, with his back turned.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
 :yawning:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2009, 09:49:01 AM »
A lot of men here does talk football and don't know the rules. Once your arms leave your body and you're not in a natural football stance it's a hand ball. Pique hand ball is a definite hand ball. That ref is gonna get a lot of demerits from his evaluator for this game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2009, 09:52:44 AM »
A lot of men here does talk football and don't know the rules. Once your arms leave your body and you're not in a natural football stance it's a hand ball. Pique hand ball is a definite hand ball. That ref is gonna get a lot of demerits from his evaluator for this game.

Nobody deny that.....in fact, I think pretty much everyone agreed that the Pique handball should have been a penalty.

1]; } ?>