March 29, 2024, 07:32:27 AM

Author Topic: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09  (Read 51199 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL 2L - Chelsea FC v FC Barcelona • 06 May 09
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »
not much more to discuss than what has already been said here in between some excellent posts and some level tootoo.. but i want to point out a few things that I feel were overlooked..

1. Not enough credit is being given to Chelsea for a sterling defensive performance.

First and foremost, Chelsea did not adopt the same ultra defensive brand of the first leg even after scoring the first early goal. For all Barcelona's supposed attacking intent and possession, I commented during the game that you could draw a line in the Chelsea half in front their back four and just behind the midfield where existed an impenetrable wall. No matter what Barcelona threw at them they could not get through that. Credit to Ballack, Essien and Lampard for the way they fought in midfield to close down any space. Special mention reserved for the way they closed down the world's greatest player, Messi anytime he got the ball. Most times, Barcelona was forced to move the ball laterally, never through, and any cross from the wing was gobbled up by their towering centre halves. As a fan of the game of football, as much as you are in awe of Barcelona's great attacking prowess, you should also be able to appreciate Chelsea's defensive excellence.

2. Yaya Toure is not a defender and it showed.

Even disregarding the clear penalty shouts, I'm surprised no one is mentioning the constant shirt pulling and arm grabbing inside the pk box that couldve easily been called on the numerous occasions when Drogba and Anelka got the better of him. He get away with plenty.

3. Imo its unfair to come with this pre-rehearsed catch phrase that 'football was the winner' being endlessly parrotted about.

What we saw was a clash of two contrasting styles and thats what makes football beautiful. If Germany plays Brazil letting them have 70% possession to do all the pretty tricks and fancy touches in the world, then turn around and beat them 5-0 on counter-attack goals, can we say football was the loser?? Lets not overlook the fact that Chelsea had all the chances while Barcelona had 1 shot on goal. Chelsea let Barcelona have the ball in areas where they could not do the damage. Anyone notice how they let Pique bring the ball across the half line and then exposed the lack of numbers in the back as soon as Barca lost possession? Or how they let Alves have the ball on the wing.

4. Messi is the world player of the year and showed it in this game despite what people say

The men saying he had a bad game, he didnt show up, didnt do anything etc really dont know what they talking about. Chelsea's defense had an obvious concentrated tactic to neutralize Messi.. At least 3 (sometimes 4) players were racing towards him anytime he got the ball.. I think Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Di Stefano, Eusebio or any other legend of the game wouldve had similiar difficulty having to deal with that.. Yet he eat up Ashley Cole a few times well, used the ball wisely in possession and distributed well.. And set up the winner.

5. Damn. Never realized there were so many undercover Chelsea haters the world over.

My whole facebook front page, internet forums the world over including this one, email, my cell phone and every other social networking tool full of people only too happy to take a jab. I get a text from frigging Egypt!! steups..

Anyway.. all said and done, its a shame that the game had to be decided in those circumstances. All that in the game though and can't say i didnt truly enjoy the emotional rollercoaster even if the side i was backing lost.. all that in it and all that is football.. If there is one team I don't mind beating Chelsea to win it all is Barcelona. Fair play to them. I backing them from now, yuh know nuh if yuh cyah beat them join them.

Now go to Rome and show dem prawn sandwich eaters who is boss!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »
A lot of men here does talk football and don't know the rules. Once your arms leave your body and you're not in a natural football stance it's a hand ball. Pique hand ball is a definite hand ball. That ref is gonna get a lot of demerits from his evaluator for this game.

Elan, you also need to learn how to interpret the rules.  A "natural stance" in football can quite very well require a player to have his arm/hand in a "natural position" away from his/her body, especially when it is quite "natural" in most sports to use your arms for balance.  Otherwise, we would all play the game and run with our arms glued to our sides.  The referee still is supposed to make the determination if the player moved his hand to the ball or if the ball was played onto his hand.  If you would take the time to look at the replay, Pique's arm was extended and in the position it was in, BEFORE Anelka played the ball onto his arm.  What people are getting tie up with is the fact that most times, referees call it against the defender and it isn't always a fair call, but it is a call that could REASONABLY go either way, depending on how the referee see it..  Sometimes you see players get a ball smashed against their extended arm and the ball hits the players arm before the player had time move his hand away, and the reflexive move he/she made to actually move the arm makes it look like they handled the ball when in fact the speed with which the ball approached their arm gave them no chance to move it.  A prime example of that is the penalty that was awarded to France against Portugal some years back when Abel Xavier was adjudged (wrongfully, IMHO) to have "handled" the ball in the penalty area when, in fact the ball was blasted against his hand and his reflex action to pull away his hand was a microsecond too late.  Penalty given, Zidane converts, the rest is history.  The discretion that has to be applied is what is a reasonable "natural" position for that player at that time, unless, football's governing bodies want to go the way of the NBA and remove any or all discretion once the ball touches any part of the arm or hand.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »
not much more to discuss than what has already been said here in between some excellent posts and some level tootoo.. but i want to point out a few things that I feel were overlooked..

1. Not enough credit is being given to Chelsea for a sterling defensive performance.

First and foremost, Chelsea did not adopt the same ultra defensive brand of the first leg even after scoring the first early goal. For all Barcelona's supposed attacking intent and possession, I commented during the game that you could draw a line in the Chelsea half in front their back four and just behind the midfield where existed an impenetrable wall. No matter what Barcelona threw at them they could not get through that. Credit to Ballack, Essien and Lampard for the way they fought in midfield to close down any space. Special mention reserved for the way they closed down the world's greatest player, Messi anytime he got the ball. Most times, Barcelona was forced to move the ball laterally, never through, and any cross from the wing was gobbled up by their towering centre halves. As a fan of the game of football, as much as you are in awe of Barcelona's great attacking prowess, you should also be able to appreciate Chelsea's defensive excellence.

I hear what you're saying and I agree for the most part, but there is a degree of "reactiveness" (is that a word?) to that sort of football that kinda sours it and I think the lovers of fun to watch attacking football have the right to criticize it. People are unfairly selective with their applause of that kinda football and those tactics.  If the tables were turned, and Chelsea ran rings around Barca at Stamford Bridge, and dictated the pace at the Nou Camp, you'd hear about how superior EPL football is, and how high flying La Liga Barca couldn't make a note except for on the counter on their own home ground...If Brazil, Argentina, Barca, Madrid etc play that sort of game, they play sh*t...When Chelsea does it, it's tactical genius and exemplary hard work- double standard if you ask me

Even disregarding the clear penalty shouts, I'm surprised no one is mentioning the constant shirt pulling and arm grabbing inside the pk box that couldve easily been called on the numerous occasions when Drogba and Anelka got the better of him. He get away with plenty.

Yaya didn't pull shirts any more than Terry, Bosingwa or Cole would do on one on one situations- That's how top flight defenders defend one on one situations especially against a massive, speedy and strong freak of nature they call Didier Drogba  ;D...It's a contact sport and a fair amount of physical play is allowed....If you check the replays, the shirt tugging and shoulder grabbing between the attacker and the defender was mutual...and doh feel Ballack & Essien were doing a sh*tload of shirt tugging and arm pelting in that admirable spell of hard work that you described earlier...that's football.

3. Imo its unfair to come with this pre-rehearsed catch phrase that 'football was the winner' being endlessly parrotted about.

What we saw was a clash of two contrasting styles and thats what makes football beautiful. If Germany plays Brazil letting them have 70% possession to do all the pretty tricks and fancy touches in the world, then turn around and beat them 5-0 on counter-attack goals, can we say football was the loser?? Lets not overlook the fact that Chelsea had all the chances while Barcelona had 1 shot on goal. Chelsea let Barcelona have the ball in areas where they could not do the damage. Anyone notice how they let Pique bring the ball across the half line and then exposed the lack of numbers in the back as soon as Barca lost possession? Or how they let Alves have the ball on the wing.

When people say that they just mean attacking football was the winner, and I think it's fair to make that assessment (though I haven't really heard anyone say that- more like "the better team over 180 minutes wone"...better of course being subjective).  And though Chelsea had the clearer chances in the 2nd leg, they were not the attacking team.  Anyone who's watched enough football will not be surprised to see a game in which the defensive/counter-attacking team walks away having had the easier chances...It's how games like that often flow, especially when the defensive team executes their plan well as Chelsea did.  It's the whole point of the strategy, force the attacking team to commit numbers and leave gaps, and exploit those gaps when they appear....often results in break-aways and one-on-ones...and for all that talk of Chelsea creating all these great chances, I really only remember Valdes making 2 particularly big saves - Drogba's cut back and left-foot side footer, and Drogba's free kick.  

4. Messi is the world player of the year and showed it in this game despite what people say

The men saying he had a bad game, he didnt show up, didnt do anything etc really dont know what they talking about. Chelsea's defense had an obvious concentrated tactic to neutralize Messi.. At least 3 (sometimes 4) players were racing towards him anytime he got the ball.. I think Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Di Stefano, Eusebio or any other legend of the game wouldve had similiar difficulty having to deal with that.. Yet he eat up Ashley Cole a few times well, used the ball wisely in possession and distributed well.. And set up the winner.

Messi is suffering Ronaldinho syndrome (from a few years back).  Everytime he gets the ball, people want to see magic.  All of his other hard work goes unnoticed.

5. Damn. Never realized there were so many undercover Chelsea haters the world over.

My whole facebook front page, internet forums the world over including this one, email, my cell phone and every other social networking tool full of people only too happy to take a jab. I get a text from frigging Egypt!! steups..

Anyway.. all said and done, its a shame that the game had to be decided in those circumstances. All that in the game though and can't say i didnt truly enjoy the emotional rollercoaster even if the side i was backing lost.. all that in it and all that is football.. If there is one team I don't mind beating Chelsea to win it all is Barcelona. Fair play to them. I backing them from now, yuh know nuh if yuh cyah beat them join them.

It was a shame.  But mostly because it gives the EPL cry babies more to cry about.  

Don't share the exact views but good post.  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:52:44 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »
n

When people say that they just mean attacking football was the winner, and I think it's fair to make that assessment (though I haven't really heard anyone say that- more like "the better team over 180 minutes wone"...better of course being subjective).  And though Chelsea had the clearer chances in the 2nd leg, they were not the attacking team.  Anyone who's watched enough football will not be surprised to see a game in which the defensive/counter-attacking team walks away having had the easier chances...It's how games like that often flow, especially when the defensive team executes their plan well as Chelsea did.  It's the whole point of the strategy, force the attacking team to commit numbers and leave gaps, and exploit those gaps when they appear....often results in break-aways and one-on-ones...and for all that talk of Chelsea creating all these great chances, I really only remember Valdes making 2 particularly big saves - Drogba's cut back and left-foot side footer, and Drogba's free kick.  

There was also the shot that Lampard took that took a deflection and caused him to adjust his dive to a full stretch dive that was key.  It wasn't a particularly, terribly hard shot, but it was a good save all the same.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
lampard went and congratulate iniesta after the game and they exchanged shirts. lampard u is one ah mi fav players  and i have even more respect 4 u now.

I don't like Terry but you have to give him credit too. I heard he went into the Barca dressing room to congratulate every player.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »

Yet he eat up Ashley Cole a few times well, used the ball wisely in possession and distributed well.. And set up the winner.

Not according to Optimus Prime.

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »
n

There was also the shot that Lampard took that took a deflection and caused him to adjust his dive to a full stretch dive that was key.  It wasn't a particularly, terribly hard shot, but it was a good save all the same.

Nah man kicker, check the goalmouth action pro Chelsea... count with me....

- Essien shot = goal
- Drogba one v one with Valdes in first half where he get pull down before shooting - great chance
- Malouda pull down (inside box imo) for the free kick - penalty shout
- Resulting Drogba free kick - excellent chance
- Terry header just wide
- Drogba 1 v 1 with Valdes where he should have scored - excellent chance
- Drogba tussle with Toure to break free 1 v 1 with Valdes then get tackled cleanly - penalty shout
- Drogba and Toure again where he get tug down then tackle - penalty shout
- Lampard deflected shot
- Pique hand ball - definite penalty shout
- Eto'o penalty shout - penalty shout (not a penalty kick imo)

Aside from the goal, Barcelona only really had some wayward Alves free kicks to count as goalmouth action..

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 08, 2009, 11:17:07 AM »
lampard went and congratulate iniesta after the game and they exchanged shirts. lampard u is one ah mi fav players  and i have even more respect 4 u now.

I don't like Terry but you have to give him credit too. I heard he went into the Barca dressing room to congratulate every player.

Sportsmanship is STILL a very important part ofthe game.....too bad they don't seem to get it right ON the damned field.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2009, 11:23:59 AM »
n

- Essien shot = goal
- Drogba one v one with Valdes in first half where he get pull down before shooting - great chance
- Terry header just wide
- Drogba tussle with Toure to break free 1 v 1 with Valdes then get tackled cleanly - penalty shout
- Lampard deflected shot

Aside from the goal, Barcelona only really had some wayward Alves free kicks to count as goalmouth action..

Noone didn't say Chelsea didn't make more chances, but all dat list yuh put there and Valdez didn't have an extarordinary number of saves. Cech was called into action a bit more in the fist leg in terms of stopping shots. A good few Chelsea fans here was giving Cech mom after the 1st leg. But Chelsea's cut and thrust style gave them the lion's share of chances in the 2nd, but with few actually troubling Valdez. Most of what you call there is not goal mouth action. In fact, you ignore Valdez two best saves:
-His first he had to come of his line, one on one with Drogba and block his shot without handling the ball outside the area.
-The second, he instinctively got his knee to a dangerous Drogba free kick in the first half.

Other than that, the only other saves he had to make was the Drogba 6yrd pass-back and the deflection from Lampard shot. Terry's header was a good look too in terms of goal mouth action.

But Chelsea was dangerous in attack, the others just didn't come to much. You could blem the ref if you want, but if you eh get your shot off, or get a ball across goal, it eh goal mouth action.

By the way, allyuh see this yet. Ballack real set allyuh up.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gallery?id=643896&index=7&cc=5739

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 08, 2009, 11:29:45 AM »
n

- Essien shot = goal
- Terry header just wide
- Lampard deflected shot

Noone didn't say Chelsea didn't make more chances, but all dat list yuh put there and Valdez didn't have an extarordinary number of saves. Cech was called into action a bit more in the fist leg in terms of stopping shots. A good few Chelsea fans here was giving Cech mom after the 1st leg. But Chelsea's cut and thrust style gave them the lion's share of chances in the 2nd, but with few actually troubling Valdez. Most of what you call there is not goal mouth action. In fact, you ignore Valdez two best saves:
-His first he had to come of his line, one on one with Drogba and block his shot without handling the ball outside the area.

Good point.  I had forgotten about this one.

-The second, he instinctively got his knee to a dangerous Drogba free kick in the first half.

Other than that, the only other saves he had to make was the Drogba 6yrd pass-back and the deflection from Lampard shot. Terry's header was a good look too in terms of goal mouth action.

But Chelsea was dangerous in attack, the others just didn't come to much. You could blem the ref if you want, but if you eh get your shot off, or get a ball across goal, it eh goal mouth action.

:rotfl:  filho, yuh WICKED, Jed.  The looks on all the Chelsea faithful's faces, says alot.  the fella with his arms on his head seems to know what happened from the instant the ball was struck.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »
n

- Essien shot = goal
- Terry header just wide
- Lampard deflected shot

True i forgot about Valdes interception outside of the box, that was a good save as well because that real hard to do.. Just ask Casillas...

But we'll have agree to disagree re the distinction between chances and goalmouth action.. I'm not sure how you can dismiss most of the things I listed as "just didn't come to much". Put another way, those were the events in the game that made you go "oooohhh", and they were none such from Barca.

I know theyre two sides to the argument because a Chelsea player post game could say "we was living in allyuh pk box", while a Barca player post game could say "we was living in allyuh half".

Yes dread how could i forget that!!! De forker duck.. Sell him I say!! If it was Alex he was taking that bang to face..

PS: Filho, you does have ah friggin RSS feed running on kicker posts or what?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 08, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »

- Essien shot = goal
- Terry header just wide
- Lampard deflected shot

I hear you, and I forgot Lampard's deflected shot....but alot of those I wouldn't count as actual efforts on goal.  Of course there's no denying Chelsea came closer to scoring more times than Barca in the 2nd leg....'cause like I say in a well executed defense & counter strategy, the counter attacking team most times walks away with the clearer looks on goal.  

When Cech had a number of big saves in the first leg ( 2 or 3 break aways, and a one or two shots from mid-range and thereabouts)..., Henry got pulled down and Bojan missed a header from right under the bar, the general consensus coming from he English press is that Chelsea were relatively untroubled at the back...and Barca didn't really dominate as much as the possession would suggest blah blah, they played all their fancy football in front of the back line yadda yadda... now every piece of action in the box at Stamford Bridge is being used to promote Chelsea's "dominance" (A word they used in the soccernet report) of this game...again - double standard.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:07:19 PM by kicker »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »

omar...this is basically what I've been trying to say since the game finish..the only thing i disagree with is the Yaya toure bit..i think his physical play was necessary to counter drogba and i thought he did a great job..particualrly better than abidal..who even b4 the red card was NOT much of a factor in this game...

all i wanted..ever since my post on page 7 was people to recognise that chelsea played an excellent game against the perceived best team in the world..and it wasn't just all defnesive hope game they played..but ppl kept pointing to barca possession and how they were down to ten men...

I am also stated i was not pleased with chelsea in the first leg and particularly not impressed with the result they earned at the nou camp and i even said i don't mind that barca has advanced..all i want is for people to acknowledge is that chelsea played a great game against barcelona and can rightly feel aggrieved that tit did not get them any further

kicker..the mere fact that u continue to run to the first leg to show barca's superiority over the two legs..EMPHASISES that Chelsea was the better team in the second leg..and tha's all i've wanted all you chelsea naysayers to admit..but as Optimus Prime rightly said half of you all can't bring yourselves to admit it...

is not about england or spanish league for me..or missed penalties..is about due respect...and alot of people for time in memoriam never have and i admit will never respect chelsea..even tho for as long i have known
for me..

and we have years of pain that we gained no respect for..

2000 - UCL quarterfinal Barca (rivaldo, figo, Kluivert, enrique) win 6- 4 on aggregate after extra time in the Nou Camp..Chelsea were 7 minutes from eliminating them before Dani scored to deadlock the the tie at 4-4. Rivaldo scores a penalty and Kluivert adds  another in Extra time..

2003/2004 - Morientes and Monaco sink Chelsea in the semi final..

2004/2005 - Luis Garcia scores "THAT PHANTOM GOAL" - Liverpool goes on to win

2005/2006 - We get drawn against Ronaldinho's Barca in the first knock out stage  who knock us out - Barca wins the champion's league

2006/2007 - Liverpool wins on penalties in the semi finals after 1-1 aggregate - Liverpool loses to AC Milan

2007/2008 -  We hit the bar, both posts and Terry slips on what would have been winning penalty in the final - Man U wins and their fans proclaim them as the best thing since football is invented..

2008/2009 - Andres Iniesta scores Barcelona's only shot on goal for the entire game after Chelsea neutralises Barca and creates several chances and has at least one definite penalty shout turned down... against the most dominating team in the world...yet Chelsea did not play football..

do we not earn the right to feel aggrieved

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:13:56 PM by Arazi »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »

kicker..the mere fact that u continue to run to the first leg to show barca's superiority over the two legs..EMPHASISES that Chelsea was the better team in the second leg..and tha's all i've wanted all you chelsea naysayers to admit..but as Optimus Prime rightly said half of you all can't bring yourselves to admit it...

is not about england or spanish league for me..or missed penalties..is about due respect...and alot of people for time in memoriam never have and i admit will never respect chelsea..even tho for as long i have known
for me..

haha wateva man...Respect to Chelsea, they are a good side- don't think I've ever denied that... but here you go... happy?  Good luck with the rest of your personal crusade to gain some respect for the blues...

I've never made any special attempts to show Barca's superiority over Chelsea-  I think the end result speaks for itself plus it's not in my interest to do so...I'm a Madrid fan (I'll leave it at that  ;D)... and I've addressed both legs- I eh running back tuh nothing.  Here was my original take on the game: 

In the end, over the 180 minutes the better team won. 

In all fairness the Chelsea fans appear to be more guilty of being fixated on only one of the legs (the 2nd), to argue that they "deserve" to be in the final....looking at the 180 mins is my way of being objective. 

I'm not emotionally connected in any special way to either of the teams.  I've just criticized Chelsea's approach to this particular game over the 180 minutes from a neutral perspective....and it's just a personal opinion/matter of taste. 

About due respect- Show me where the Chelsea fans (except for Omar & Mango Chow who seem to have dual citizenship with regard to these two teams  :D) have showed any due respect to their opponents.  After the 1st leg Chelsea fans begrudged Barca (and la liga) any respect and after the 2nd leg all I've heard is crying...

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:56:25 PM by kicker »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »

for me..

haha wateva man...Respect to Chelsea, they are a good side- don't think I've ever denied that... but here you go... happy?  Good luck with the rest of your personal crusade to gain some respect for the blues...

I've never made any special attempts to show Barca's superiority over Chelsea-  I think the end result speaks for itself plus it's not in my interest to do so...I'm a Madrid fan (I'll leave it at that  ;D)... and I've addressed both legs- I eh running back tuh nothing.  Here was my original take on the game: 

In the end, over the 180 minutes the better team won. 

In all fairness the Chelsea fans appear to be more guilty of being fixated on only one of the legs (the 2nd), to argue that they "deserve" to be in the final....looking at the 180 mins is my way of being objective. 

I'm not emotionally connected in any special way to either of the teams.  I've just criticized Chelsea's approach to this particular game over the 180 minutes from a neutral perspective....and it's just a personal opinion/matter of taste. 

About due respect- Show me where the Chelsea fans (except for Omar & Mango Chow who seem to have dual citizenship with regard to these two teams  :D) have showed any due respect to their opponents.  After the 1st leg Chelsea fans begrudged Barca (and la liga) any respect and after the 2nd leg all I've heard is crying...

fair enough... I get waht you are saying... and i will admit alot of chelsea fans, particularly those who don't know anything about chelsea prior to the 2004 season have little respect for other teams...
But I have shown respect to barcelona..not just in here but in other threads... I've always liked the way barca plays football.. I just sick of the wrap chelsea tends to get..

P.S. I prefer la liga to the BPL...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2009, 04:30:19 PM »

Dat eh so accurate nah.  If yuh talkin bout on here Chelse fans were responding often in defense of the team we cheer for because from top to bottom all the haters were fixated on the defensive tactic employed to neutralize Barca at the Nou Camp.  When ah barrage ah shit talk commin dong bout how big side doh play so, etc. wha yuh expecting?  Man supposed to say how Barcalona and La Liga exceptional and yeah we fraid them?  Yuh fairly objective but you analysis very subjective in certain areas.  Negative football or whatever else you want to call it, Chelsea went to Barcalona and shut them down as necessary to have a legitimate and realistic chance at advancing by winning the second leg.  So the whole better team over 180 minutes thing is far mor arguable than many of you would like to make it seem.  Many might argue that the Blues were better over the 180 minutes in that they were able to completely bottle up Messi, Eto'o, Henry in the first leg, Iniesta for the most part and so on.  It is all based on perspective and nothing else.  That Chelsea resorted to that ultra defensive tactic in the first leg shows how much respect for and understandin of the capabilities of Barcalona when attacking.  Barcalona has played some tremendous ball all season and if they won I wouldn't begrudge them that.  But too many people in here making it out to be Barcalona being a world class team and Chelsea was posturing.  How many teams have been able to hold Barcalona scoreless?  When last did that occur?  Allyuh ha to gih jack he jacket instead ah lookin fuh loose threads to pull.  Yuh supposed to be a RM fan but it seem like you and the other RM posturer so in awe of Barcalona that you refuse to credit Chelsea with anything except with some token "wateva man...Respect to Chelsea, they are a good side"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »
Men just hating on Chelsea. I(f people could post that Chelsea had "no setta chances" or that they weren't the most "threatening" side there is nothing I can say. I realise how men does watch football now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »
u know if the goal was scored  about the 75 min men wouldnt ah b so sour.  i kept telling mi pardners we r going to equalise on the 90 th minute, cause is d most hurtful way to lost. like men still cant get over d game.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2009, 08:27:58 PM »
u know if the goal was scored  about the 75 min men wouldnt ah b so sour.  i kept telling mi pardners we r going to equalise on the 90 th minute, cause is d most hurtful way to lost. like men still cant get over d game.

Ent.  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2009, 08:28:58 PM »
Men just hating on Chelsea. I(f people could post that Chelsea had "no setta chances" or that they weren't the most "threatening" side there is nothing I can say. I realise how men does watch football now.

This is a classic example of a Chelsea fan only looking at the second leg to try and underscore Chelsea's supposed superiority over the 2 legs. Over the entire 180 mins this was definitely not the case. Barcelona was by far the dominant team in the 1st leg. At the end of the day, they were able to do the business away from home, when Chelsea couldn't.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #380 on: May 09, 2009, 09:49:48 AM »

This is a classic example of a Chelsea fan only looking at the second leg to try and underscore Chelsea's supposed superiority over the 2 legs. Over the entire 180 mins this was definitely not the case. Barcelona was by far the dominant team in the 1st leg. At the end of the day, they were able to do the business away from home, when Chelsea couldn't.

Allyuh men crazy and looking for ting to make allyuh feel nice ... and if any Chelsea man say they dominate the whole 180 mins, they mad too. Chelsea got a better result than Barca in Nou Camp, but didn't dominate.

I eh know where allyuh learn maths nah .... but the first game was 90 mins which Barca dominate, and the 2nd game was 90 minutes which Chelsea dominate.
So how allyuh come to the conclusion that the 90 mins in Nou Camp outweigh the 90 in the Bridge is beyond all mathematical principles.

But as Beenie said, "This game is not mathematics and in football, two plus two very rarely equals four, it's usually three or five."

.... and for you to make a dumb statement like Chelsea couldn't do the business away from home (at the Nou Camp) ... what was the score again? STEUPS.

Plenty Barca men, and more Chelsea haters trying to insinuate that Barca beat Chelsea like how they beating sides all season 6-2 and all kinda lopsided nonsense. Just remember that over them same 180 minutes, the score was still 1-1.
So Barca ain't dominate shit.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 09, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
In the end Barca was helped by the ref.... argument done.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 09, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »

Allyuh men crazy and looking for ting to make allyuh feel nice ... and if any Chelsea man say they dominate the whole 180 mins, they mad too. Chelsea got a better result than Barca in Nou Camp, but didn't dominate.

I eh know where allyuh learn maths nah .... but the first game was 90 mins which Barca dominate, and the 2nd game was 90 minutes which Chelsea dominate.
So how allyuh come to the conclusion that the 90 mins in Nou Camp outweigh the 90 in the Bridge is beyond all mathematical principles.

But as Beenie said, "This game is not mathematics and in football, two plus two very rarely equals four, it's usually three or five."

.... and for you to make a dumb statement like Chelsea couldn't do the business away from home (at the Nou Camp) ... what was the score again? STEUPS.

Plenty Barca men, and more Chelsea haters trying to insinuate that Barca beat Chelsea like how they beating sides all season 6-2 and all kinda lopsided nonsense. Just remember that over them same 180 minutes, the score was still 1-1.
So Barca ain't dominate shit.

Where I said Barca dominated over 180 mins?? I said they dominated the first 90. You cannot deny that. They had way more chances and possession in the 1st leg, Cech made quite a few saves, Bojan trow way a sitter, etc. In terms of chances, Chelsea had the better of the second leg by far. So yuh cud say it was even over 180 mins. But Chelsea couldn't score away from home (which was what I meant by they couldn't do the business), and Barca did do that away from home. So by that logic, Barca deserved to go thru because otherwise it was even. Dats all I saying. And if you could come and say that doh make sense, then you not being objective.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2009, 07:27:56 AM »
more fuel to the fire .... and if Barca wants Alves and Abidal reinstated for the Final due to mistakes by the referee, then I want 4 penalties awarded to Chelsea due to mistakes by the referee

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1180259/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Almighty-Barcelona-club-Not-claim-moral-authority.html

Almighty Barcelona more than a club? Not when they claim moral authority

Last updated at 12:16 PM on 11th May 2009

Apparently, Barcelona will be wearing a new shirt for this season's Champions League final. Across the chest will be emblazoned one word: 'puppies'. They tried to get 'cute ickle babies' or 'fuzzywuzzy snuggly bears' but it wouldn't fit.

What a pity for the world's most perfect football club. And it is not just Thierry Henry who faces a race to be ready for the match with Manchester United, either. It seems that so many Barcelona players, officials, former managers and journalists have ascended to the high moral ground since Wednesday's win at Stamford Bridge that they might not all be able to get down and board the charabanc to Rome in time.

So now we know. A single shot at goal in 94 minutes is total football, according to Daniel Alves, who did not speak so boastfully of his own record, that of the dirtiest player in the Champions League with 30 fouls (10 more than the nearest player in Chelsea's starting line-up on Wednesday, Michael Ballack). Playing on the counter-attack, meanwhile, is, in the words of one particularly overwrought Spanish commentator, evil.

Whatever happens in Rome, such adjectives will be reserved only for Barcelona's opposition and their style of play, for the divine Catalans can do no wrong. They have a saying at the Nou Camp, mes que un club (more than a club), and it would seem some observers have taken this clever piece of marketing rather literally.

Barcelona play fantastic football, but in the rancid fall-out from the match at Stamford Bridge, it has become rather too easy to review a simplistic confrontation between Josep Guardiola's saints and Guus Hiddink's sinners. Old ground has been revisited, such as the clashes between former managers Jose Mourinho and Frank Rijkaard that predated the resignation of referee Anders Frisk.

Even this is only half the story, because the common perception is that Mourinho slandered an innocent man, Frisk, by falsely stating that Rijkaard got to him at half-time. Mourinho's deception was to say he saw an incident. From his vantage point he could not; but that does not mean nothing happened because the UEFA report has evidence from the stadium supervisor that Frisk was forced to tell Rijkaard to go away three times.
Barcelona, for all their pious rhetoric, do not have the copyright on principle in football. Indeed, for a club so dedicated to fairness, the geography of the Nou Camp stadium has always intrigued visitors, as one of the two entrances to the home changing room leads to the secure area where the referee resides.

This means that in the tunnel, one team turn left, the other right, and the home route can, if a manager is particularly absent-minded, end up with him on the wrong side of a glass partition rubbing shoulders with the man in charge. Not that any Barcelona coach would ever seek to turn such a design fault to his advantage. Rijkaard simply got lost in his own stadium that night.

There was the game between Chelsea and Barcelona in which claims were made about doctoring the Stamford Bridge pitch; the defeat that ended with Rijkaard publicly haranguing referee Stefano Farina in the centre circle. And while this year we are to be given the dream final, last season when Manchester United and Barcelona met, and Barcelona failed to score over two legs, Rijkaard whined that United lacked adventure and originality, and accused them of negative tactics. Barcelona never really lose a football match because, even when they do, they assume a default position of moral superiority.

Indeed, to complete this vision of holiness, Barcelona have the name of a charity, Unicef, on their shirts, where Champions League finalists United will have AIG, a bankrupt American insurance company and symbol of all that is wrong in the world. It is a noble gesture, even if marketing experts predict that the Unicef logo, the first to be placed on the hallowed red and blue, is the thin end of a wedge that will end with Barcelona embracing capitalism with the biggest shirt sponsorship in history.

The current deal runs out in 2011 and by then supporters will be used to the concept. Certainly, Barcelona are not so naive in other commercial areas and currently have arrangements with Nike, Coca-Cola, Audi, TV3, Estrella Damm, La Caixa, bwin, Acer, MediaPro, NH Hoteles, Vueling and Babybel.

The reality is that Barcelona are a great club and this current group of players are a great team, perhaps the best ticket in town; but that is all they are. They are not on a mission from high to save football, they are not above the odd foul, or the odd game that is not so beautiful. Barcelona players have been shown 21 yellow cards in the Champions League this season, compared to 11 for Manchester United. They have conceded 13 goals, as opposed to six by United. United have had more shots on target, too.

The latest twist in the build-up to the final is Barcelona's pledge to endorse United's attempt to have Darren Fletcher's red card rescinded, on the understanding that United are similarly supportive of the reinstatement of Alves (30 fouls, remember) or Eric Abidal. A carve-up? Surely not.

There is a huge amount to admire in Barcelona's play and their ethos under Guardiola. Yet this is best left for others to judge. Self-praise is no recommendation and every time Barcelona smugly remind us of their wonderfulness, they become less than a club, more a puffed-up pain in the neck.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2009, 07:32:40 AM »
Allyuh men cannot be fukking serious!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2009, 08:18:59 AM »
Allyuh men cannot be f**kking serious!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »

[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ballack was selling guns...
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>