April 27, 2024, 08:31:30 AM

Author Topic: Super Friday at the Marvin Lee Stadium  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Super Friday at the Marvin Lee Stadium
« on: May 04, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »
Super Friday at the Marvin Lee Stadium
By Randy Bando (ttproleague.com)

Friday 8 May will showcase two of the biggest clashes in Pro League rivalry when the 2009 Pro League season kicks off at the Marvin Lee Stadium with a Super Friday.

Unlike previous seasons, the League has created what is expected to be the greatest opening, showcasing defending champions CLICO San Juan Jabloteh, 2008 runners-up W Connection, FA Trophy winners Caledonia AIA of Morvant/Laventille and Joe Public.

Eastern rivals Caledonia AIA of Morvant/Laventille will challenge home team Joe Public in the opening match from 6pm and in the second clash of the double header of Round One Match Day One, W Connection will challenge San Juan Jabloteh from 8pm.

Round One Match Day One will continue on Saturday 9 with a double header at the Larry Gomes Stadium with St Ann’s Rangers against returning Police FC from 4pm and Defence Force against newcomers FC South End from 6pm. Tobago United will host Ma Pau SC at the Dwight Yorke Stadium from 4pm and United Petrotrin will be on a bye.

Fans can also turn up on Friday to witness the 2008 Pro League awards following both matches revealing the 2008 Toyota Player of the Year who will drive off with a Daihatsu Serion courtesy sponsor Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited.

Friday’s awards will also reveal the Team of the Year and Coach of the Year among other awards to be highlighted on the night.

Super Friday
Round One Match Day One
Friday 8 May

Caledonia AIA vs Joe Public—6pm
W Connection vs San Juan Jabloteh—8pm

Round One Match Day One
Saturday 9 May

Larry Gomes Stadium
St Ann’s Rangers vs Police FC—4pm
Defence Force vs FC South End—6pm

Dwight Yorke Stadium
Tobago United vs Ma Pau SC—4pm
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Super Friday at the Marvin Lee Stadium
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »
i wonder if to go and take in that tobago utd. game
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »
Ill be in de Derby Clash on Friday. Go Jab. Go Cali.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 02:43:15 PM »
sorry to butt in but we should stop calling the side CLICO Jabloteh- they haven't gotten money since the govt took over the company.
it should be called just San juan Jabloteh, not so? :devil:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 02:54:16 PM »
looks good

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »
Present and accounted for........................lets go caliiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »
I going.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 06:07:09 PM »
That's 4 fans for Friday.  Encouraging!  I can just feel the excitement!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »

Yuh start yuh nonsense again?  :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:34 PM »
:rotfl:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 04:35:18 AM »

jah, tell dem 4 fans or not de Marvin Lee is a more engaging place to watch football than  de HCS. Im hoping for the same in Tobago on de 6th of June. :devil:
Ill be behind de goal barking out important things like "boy pass de blasted ball nah... or Ref! or Yuh kick shit allyuh go home.  Ralphie more than likely will provide at least a full 2 mins of comic relief. Between he and de nutzman.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 05:31:06 AM »

fire bun chelsea ah mean man city ah mean petrotrin............allyuh cud try developin allyuh own players man or is dat allyuh dont know how to do dat
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 05:41:46 AM by Tallman »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »
present and down dey with ah 2 piece and fries
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »

fire bun chelsea ah mean man city ah mean petrotrin............allyuh cud try developin allyuh own players man or is dat allyuh dont know how to do dat

I eh go lie. I eh like de route dat dey taking dis year, but ah still hadda support dem.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 04:22:46 PM »

I might b at a function at d Centre so I go b overdress so cyah come and check d 4 of u guys.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 04:31:12 PM »

I might b at a function at d Centre so I go b overdress so cyah come and check d 4 of u guys.

Yuh go be wearin a dress?  Well fuh sure Organic go be dey front and centah!  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »

Yuh go be wearin a dress?  Well fuh sure Organic go be dey front and centah!  ;D

Do u know sumting I eh know sirrrrrr. Yes most likely I go b in a frock
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »

jah, tell dem 4 fans or not de Marvin Lee is a more engaging place to watch football than  de HCS. Im hoping for the same in Tobago on de 6th of June. :devil:
Ill be behind de goal barking out important things like "boy pass de blasted ball nah... or Ref! or Yuh kick shit allyuh go home.  Ralphie more than likely will provide at least a full 2 mins of comic relief. Between he and de nutzman.
The vibe does be good.The fans are more educated about the game too.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »
I'm not in trini but do the proleague market the top players like "Come see Devon Jorsling and Defence Force take on Hayden Tinto and Joe Public..." in the newspapers, tv, etc?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »
I'm not in trini but do the proleague market the top players like "Come see Devon Jorsling and Defence Force take on Hayden Tinto and Joe Public..." in the newspapers, tv, etc?
no.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »
no.
no wonder you have to be a die hard football fan to know who in the pro league or what that is.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »

Look ting I misread d invitation is Trincity east so no chance of anybody seein me in d frock

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Live Streaming of Super Friday Double Header anyone?
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 04:41:01 PM »
Please?

Merci buckets.  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Live Streaming of Super Friday Double Header anyone?
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
If there is a live stream, then I know the world is coming to and end. And I will repent!!!!!!!

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 06:27:22 PM »
Baptiste double gives King a bright start.
By Randy Bando (ttproleague).

A first half double by Joe Public  attacker Kerry Baptiste paved the way for a winning start for Coach Derek King on Super Friday at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya edging Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille 2-1.

The victory not only meant full points for Public, but a good start for the youngest coach in the League, Derek King at age 28, after the comeback victory in the first match of a double header.

Walter moore had Caledonia in front in the 2nd minute when he easily slipped the ball past goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa after defender Seon Power failed to intercept a pass inside the area for a 1-0 early advantage of the Round One Match Day One of the Digicel Pro League.

However the score was levelled in the 7th minute 1-1 when Kerry baptiste clinically slotted the ball past a fully stretched goalkeeper Kevin Mussio after turning inside his markers in the area.

The tempo continued to climb as Joe Public and Caledonia gave fans a great opening contest in efforts for the best possible start of the 2009 season.

Kareem Moses headed into the side netting in the 29th minute from Kerry Baptiste’s left side free kick after Densill Theobald fouled Tinto just outside the area. Tinto, a former Caledonia player had an impressive first half entertaining the Marvin Lee crowd.

Baptiste had the crowd screaming off their seats in the 32nd when he registered his double minute sending the home crowd wild as the Eastern Lions enjoyed a 2-1 advantage.

Kerry was at it again in the 38th minute hitting just high from a 22 yard free kick as Joe Public looked in control putting some pressure on Caledonia who had three yellow cards in the half.

Caledonia had the last attempt of the half from defender Nuru Abdallah Muhammed which was well wide of Figueroa’s goal.

Following the break, King boosted his attack with former Caledonia player Conrod Smith replacing Devon Leacock in midfield unsatisfied with his one goal advantage.

Joe Public showed their intent for more goals with defender Seon Power guided Baptiste’s ffreekick just wide of Mussio’s upright two minutes into the second period.

King’s charges had another good chance in the 56th minute but midfielder Akeil Guevarra’s shot was tipped out by goalkeeper Mussio. And less than two minutes later Guevarra was again denied, this time by defender Muhammed who cleared off the line.

Guevarra had a go at goal again in the 62nd only winning a corner after his attempt from distance clashed off Muhammed.

Caledonia’s coach Jamaal Shabazz responded with changes in his offence replacing Abdullah Phillips and Kendall Velox with some younger faces in Akim Armstrong and Keyon Edwards respectively in the 64th minute.

But their chances of a comeback darkened when Akeil Guevarra finally got his item in the 72nd minute beating goalkeeper Mussio from the left and into the far upright for a 3-1 lead.

Two minutes later Shabazz responded with his final substitution in 2009 signee Judah Hernandez replacing Jameel Perry upfront to add some pressure on the Lions and brought their chances of a comeback closer. Second half introduction Keyon Edwards made no mistake in the 84th minute guiding the ball into Figueroa’s net reducing the deficit 2-3.

That added life into the match in its dying stages with Akim Arstrong making two clearances off the face of his goal against Joe Public, the eventually winners at the final whistle 3-2.

Caledonia AIA  2—3 Joe Public
Walter Moore 2’, Keyon Edwards 84’ ; Kerry Baptiste 7’, 32’, Akeil Guevarra 72’

Caledonia AIA: Kevin Mussio, Charles Pollard (capt.), Brion Baker, Stephan David, Abdallah Phillips (Akim Armstrong 64th), Jameel Perry (Judah Hernandez 74th), Walter Moore, Marcus Ambrose, Densill Theobald, Nuru Abdallah Muhammed, Kendal Velox (Keyon Edwards 64th).

Joe Public FC: Alejandro Figueroa, Dale Saunders (capt.), Akeil Guevarra (Kareem Young 90th), Carlyle Mitchell, Devon Leacock (Conrad Smith 46’), Gorian Highley (Tiba McKnight), Hayden Tinto, Jason Springer, Kareem Moses, Kerry Baptiste, Rashad Griffith.

Match Referee: Neil Brizan
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:32:47 PM by Flex »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »
Jabloteh edge Connection 2-1 in Super Friday

Defender Karlon Murray and midfielder Ataulla Guerra were spokes in W Connection’s wheel when they helped CLICO San Juan Jabloteh to a 2-1 comeback win at the Marvin Lee Stadium, in the second match of the Super Friday.

Murray scored in the first half while Guerra registered his item in the second half cancelling W Connection’s early opening lead and giving rookie coach Earl Jean a hard fought win against a more senior Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier in Round One Match Day One. 

W Connection had the opening item in the 7th minute through striker Andre Toussaint after making no mistake on a loose ball after goalkeeper Cleon John blocked out the initial effort by Matthew Bartholomew.

Bartholomew continued to irritate the Jabloteh defence with his telling runs even forcing referee Gregory Hospidales to award defender Robert Primus a yellow card for a foul on him.

Jabloteh looked nothing of their League winning team of 2008 as Connection continued to stretch their Round One Match Day One opponents.

New Coach Earl Jean, a former player of W Connection was seemingly failing to make an impression against his former club, was forced to make an early change in midfielder Jason Marcano for striker Jerrol Forbes with a leg injury.

But as things looked down for the defending League Champions, defender Karlon Murray found a way back levelling the scores 1-1 after climbing the W Connection defence to head past goalkeeper Miguel Lloyd off Elijah Manners’ right side corner.

That brought life into Jabloteh and the match in general just before the break with substitute Marcano unleashing a low show at goal. And although it didn’t make its full journey to Lloyd’s six yard area, their fans had something to scream about.

Six minutes into the second period, they had more to scream louder about when midfielder Ataulla Guerra at far post knocked in Elijah Manners’ well weighted cross past goalkeeper Lloyd for a 2-1 lead.

The second half saw a different match as Jabloteh upped the tempo making it an evenly contested affair after the first period was dominated by Connection.

Jabloteh survived a couple scares in the 64th minute and 68th minutes following attempts on goal by Oscar Torijano and Hughton Hector respectively.

On the other end in the 72nd Guerra took things on his own down the left before slicing a shot just wide of Lloyd’s far post as the match.

Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier introduced striker Kevon Woodley to boost his attack but it was Bartholomew who missed out the equalizing opportunity in the 90th minute after a timely interception by defender Anton Hutchinson.

W Connection’s first half fight was marred by an almost silent second period and despite four minutes of extra time, the equalizing goal never came—giving Earl Jean a celebrative comeback victory over his former coach Fevrier 2-1.

W Connection and Jabloteh are carded to meet again on May 15 in the semifinals of the CFU Club Champions Cup at the same Marvin Lee Stadium.

W Connection 1—2  CLICO San Juan Jabloteh
Andre Toussaint 7’ ; Karlon Murray 43’, Ataulla Guerra 51’

W Connection
Miguel Lloyd(gk), Elijah Manners(capt.), William da Silva Oliveira, Kern Cupid(Aaron Downing 73rd), Andre Toussaint, Eder Gilmar Aras, Hughton Hector, Oscar Torijano(Kevon Woodley 79th), Matthew Bartholomew, Christian Viveros, Gerrard Williams

CLICO San Juan Jabloteh
Cleon John(gk), Marvin Oliver(capt.), Karlon Murray(Anton Hutchinson 55th), Noel Williams, Elijah Manners, Jerrol Forbes(Jason Marcano 38th), Ataulla Guerra, Devon jamerson, Elton John, Cyrano Glen(Willis Plaza 46th), Robert Primus

written by Randy Bando

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:45:44 PM by royal »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »
i hear the crowd was a success. good job. keep it up

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »
now come back from the games

crowd was full. jablo look lost.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 09:46:43 PM »
Morvant,
            Congrats. Yuh is a real patriot. Support your local team.!!!! Did you carry your son, nephew, daughter, niece?????? We need real future supporters. Not waggonists!!!!!!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 10:20:39 PM »
do the digicel pro league have facebook so they can expose to more fans? seem like every body and their tanty have facebook in tnt

1]; } ?>