April 23, 2024, 09:56:33 PM

Poll

Who will be European Champions

Barcelona
42 (58.3%)
Manchester United
30 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).  (Read 63243 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2009 Champions League Final in Rome. Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:25:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:29:40 AM »
Oh gosh..at least put a photo of a Barca player who go actually be able to play in the final nah :devil:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:45:20 AM »
well since it eh have no chelsea

BAAAARCAAAAAALOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAA!!!
I pity the fool....

giggsy11

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:49:59 AM »
Hope for a great match, may the better team on that day win! Please United fans no predictions, lets just keeping it going!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »
So if Big Players step up in Big Games.... is this really a show down between CR7 and that messi fella??? Robaldo has show that he is a world class player and of not the best in his last 6 games in the CL! Messi looked a little above average in this semis... is he really the best in the world? Or is Ronaldo still King?

"To any opponent that we will meet in the next game.... you can throw Puyol, Inesta, Messi, we have that fella Park, I'm sure you've heard of him, Vidic and Anderson...check your papers!" I do not see Barca having the advantage... neither Messi against english opponents!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 12:52:55 PM »
So if Big Players step up in Big Games.... is this really a show down between CR7 and that messi fella??? Robaldo has show that he is a world class player and of not the best in his last 6 games in the CL! Messi looked a little above average in this semis... is he really the best in the world? Or is Ronaldo still King?

"To any opponent that we will meet in the next game.... you can throw Puyol, Inesta, Messi, we have that fella Park, I'm sure you've heard of him, Vidic and Anderson...check your papers!" I do not see Barca having the advantage... neither Messi against english opponents!

Every time Messi got the ball at least three Chelsea players swarmed him - he was hardly EVER dispossessed and passed it successfully to one of his unmarked team mates. Just look at how Barca scored their goal.

Ball passed to Messi, three Chelsea players surrounded him, Messi keeps his cool, passes to Iniesta - BOOM.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:12:58 PM »

Every time Messi got the ball at least three Chelsea players swarmed him - he was hardly EVER dispossessed and passed it successfully to one of his unmarked team mates. Just look at how Barca scored their goal.

Ball passed to Messi, three Chelsea players surrounded him, Messi keeps his cool, passes to Iniesta - BOOM.

don't get me wrong... in my opinion la liga > premiership

but ah watching yuh eh... ah watching yuh good  :waiting:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 01:20:41 PM »

Ah know, ah know!  :rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:50:22 PM »

Given all the mess I talking... yuh want to know something.... Chelski pay 700 mil to make it to the Semis... and still could not hold the small man down...! This will be the best finals... I'm coming to the CR game if ah loss ah go buy you and yuh woman ah rounds ah drinks :beermug:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »

So truly this will be a test of the two best players in the world  :beermug:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »

So truly this will be a test of the two best players in the world  :beermug:

Cant agree with you there ...it is a test of the two best teams in Europe ...in the world maybe ...but the best player in the world has already been decided ...even if he does not play in the game Messi will still be crowned the world's best 2009 just as Ronaldo would have been even if he missed the european final last year.
You see whereas one game decides the best team ...one game does not give a player the edge over another no matter the difference in the game .....you would have to look at the players all season and their contributions to the team effort.
For the team however it comes down to one game ..

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »
Man United will give dem the business...GLORY GLORY!!!
EPL FOREVER!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »

yeah but chelsea is shit
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »
Last time I remember these last two meeting in a Cup final, ManU were huge underdogs. Barca had the might Diego Maradona and all of England was talking about Bryan Robson.

Anyway ManU hit dem some hard clout, with Maradona pulling off a Chris Angel (talk about disappointment). ManU emerged 3-1 winners (I Think).

Just to jar the memory of the older heads and enlighten the youth dem
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 09:07:32 AM »
Last time I remember these last two meeting in a Cup final, ManU were huge underdogs. Barca had the might Diego Maradona and all of England was talking about Bryan Robson.

Anyway ManU hit dem some hard clout, with Maradona pulling off a Chris Angel (talk about disappointment). ManU emerged 3-1 winners (I Think).

Nah Observer.

I think yuh remembering a UEFA Cup or CWC meeting back in the early eighties.

United win the first leg 2-0 but then get beat 3-0 in the Nou Camp. Can't remember if Maradona was playing but I believe it was in '83 or '84. I remeber Robson scoring (of course).

The next time they meet after that was in the '91 CWC final. Barca was the favourite with Koeman and Laudrup but United beat them with a Hughes double (big, big player)

After that was the Champions League group stage meetings. The thing about United Barcelona is that up until last year every game was a open, entertaining game.

In '94 United come from behind to draw 2-2 with a Lee Sharpe flick but then Barcelona kill them 4-0 in Spain.
Then in 1999 group stages they draw 3-3 twice in two of the best games you will ever see.

Hopefully this final will live up to the past meetings

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »

Nah Observer.

I think yuh remembering a UEFA Cup or CWC meeting back in the early eighties.

United win the first leg 2-0 but then get beat 3-0 in the Nou Camp. Can't remember if Maradona was playing but I believe it was in '83 or '84. I remeber Robson scoring (of course).

The next time they meet after that was in the '91 CWC final. Barca was the favourite with Koeman and Laudrup but United beat them with a Hughes double (big, big player)

After that was the Champions League group stage meetings. The thing about United Barcelona is that up until last year every game was a open, entertaining game.

In '94 United come from behind to draw 2-2 with a Lee Sharpe flick but then Barcelona kill them 4-0 in Spain.
Then in 1999 group stages they draw 3-3 twice in two of the best games you will ever see.

Hopefully this final will live up to the past meetings

I should research it (i too dam lazy) but I am sure ManU won on aggregate  in 83-84 (maybe is the aggregate score I remember). I remember the game and Diego was disappointing, but Shuster looked dangerous in both legs. What I remember was the game at ManU talk about one crazy ass crowd.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 12:23:40 PM »

Yeah boy wow!!...Good call!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 12:30:44 PM »

Yeah boy wow!!...Good call!!

Co-sign x 10

Look the highlights here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkp2fJx9ILA

If only dat goal didn't save Yorke bicycle kick (0:32) ...dat woulda be one of the greatest goals ever in a Champions League match

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
Barca to appeal Abidal and Alves suspensions

May 9, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Barcelona will appeal Eric Abidal's red card and the yellow card shown to Daniel Alves in the hope of getting their suspensions for the Champions League final against Manchester United overturned.
Click Here

"Of course we will appeal the cards of Abidal and Alves, out of respect for the players," coach Pep Guardiola said at a news conference on Saturday.

Guardiola also said he thought United's Darren Fletcher should be allowed to play in the Rome final on May 27, after the midfielder was sent off in the semi-final against Arsenal.

United have appealed but UEFA rules make it unlikely that the suspensions will be lifted.

Abidal was sent off for what the referee saw as a trip on Nicolas Anelka in Wednesday's semi-final second leg, while Alves was booked for a challenge on Ashley Cole.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »
may de better team win on that day,definitly de 2 top teams in europe.EPL V La Liga.on de 27th will be war.let's go united.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 04:29:40 AM »
MAN UTD V BARCELONA
Barca's Henry facing fitness battle for Rome final

By Soccernet staff

May 9, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Barcelona forward Thierry Henry is facing a battle to be fit for the UEFA Champions League final against Manchester United.

GettyImages

Henry has impressed at the Nou Camp this season.

Henry suffered a knee injury in last week's 6-2 thrashing of Real Madrid and the severity of the problem was initially played down.

The French ace was included in the squad which travelled to London for the second leg of the semi-final tie with Chelsea.

He eventually sat out the 1-1 draw which allowed Barcelona to progress on away goals and advance to a final date with holders United in Rome on 27th May.

However, Henry is struggling to recover in time to be available for the game after further tests showed he has suffered a strain to his anterior cruciate ligament.

Club doctors have confirmed that the former Arsenal captain will miss the next four games, including the Copa del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao.

Henry will also sit out the Primera Division fixtures against Villarreal, Mallorca and Osasuna as Barcelona look to wrap up the domestic title.

The club have confirmed that the 31-year-old is undergoing 'specific treatment' in an attempt to be fit for the showdown with United later this month.

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 06:59:14 AM »
The both teams should have one more European CL Cups for their pedigree. Both teams are well balanced and more so this season.
Barca have Eto, Henry, Messi and ManU Ronaldo. Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov. Barca have the more technical midfield that contribute to the goals. ManU midfield are a blanket and physical. The back lines are where I see a difference, with IMHO ManU have the better central pairing and a better goalkeeper. This in the end could be the difference. If ManU score first it could be curtains early.

This one close to call and all I hope for is a game to remember.

If I was a betting man I would say on present form ManU have the edge.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Iniesta MAJOR DOUBT for Champions League Final...
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »
F365 and SkySports are reporting that Iniesta will miss the Champions League final with a torn thigh muscle...which is at least 3-4 weeks out if claims about his injury are true...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Iniesta MAJOR DOUBT for Champions League Final...
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »
 :cursing: :frustrated: :banginghead:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 04:05:27 PM »
9 games in like 3 and a half weeks, what yuh expect go happen..

i thought with a good lead in the league and Cup final to play on wednesday, that Guardiola woulda rotate the side some more man..

put a lil more faith in Bojan, Hleb and Gudjohnsen and give yuh men ah lil rest.

sad if its true, hes in the form of his career and a necessity for the final.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »
Hmm...it getting worse for Barca. Sad...i woulda like to see this game played at full capability for both teams.

Soccernet

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta looks set to miss the Champions League final against Manchester United later this month after picking up a thigh injury in his side's 3-3 draw at home to Villarreal on Sunday night. 

Iniesta looked downbeat as he left the pitch at the end of the match on a disappointing night for Barcelona, as the Catalans failed to secure the three points they needed to seal the title at the Nou Camp.

Early indications suggest the midfielder has suffered a recurrence of the serious thigh injury he picked up in November and Barca coach Pep Guardiola admitted he is likely to lose his in-form star for the rest of the season.

"I don't have a good feeling,'' he said on Sunday night. "We will do tests tomorrow, but there is no way he will play this week.''

That means Iniesta will definitely miss the final of the Copa del Rey, which sees Barcelona face Athletic Bilbao at Valencia's Mestalla stadium on Wednesday night. "We will try to get him fit for Rome - that's all we can do,'' he said. "We will have what the tests reveal.''

Thierry Henry is also fighting to be fit for the season's showpiece against United after picking up a ligament injury in the 6-2 thrashing of Real Madrid last weekend.

The winning mentality needed..buh.....sometimes it better to win the battle and lose the war.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
No Iniesta, no Henry, no Marquez. Injury.
No Abidal & Alves Suspension
And still games where anything can happen  ??? Wrong time for things to go wrong

Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 07:06:14 PM »
Like in bball dey need a deep bench
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>