April 27, 2024, 02:47:10 AM

Poll

Who will be European Champions

Barcelona
42 (58.3%)
Manchester United
30 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).  (Read 63430 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2009, 07:57:24 AM »
more macomeh man behaviour.

Més que un club.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No rum for dem
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2009, 10:18:54 AM »
Rome issues alcohol ban for final
BBC Sport

Local authorities in Rome have issued a total ban on alcohol in the city in a bid to prevent crowd trouble at Wednesday's Champions League final.

Manchester United take on Barcelona in the showpiece with more than 67,000 fans expected in the Italian capital.

Alcohol will be banned throughout the city and its airports and stations from 2300 on Tuesday to 0600 on Thursday.

Forged tickets are also a concern, as around 5,000 fans without tickets are likely to be in and around the city.

Rome prefect Giuseppe Pecoraro said: "There are no more tickets left to sell, hence, the tickets that are circulating are false."

Regarding the alcohol ban he added: "It will not be a militarised city.

"All the necessary measures have been taken in order to give the best possible image of this city."

Rome mayor Gianni Alemanno is determined to quash the threat of violence and said: "I have asked interior minister Roberto Maroni to have maximum attention from the security officers to avoid any incidents.

"Only several hundred of those fans that do not have a ticket are hooligans."

Alemanno also confirmed that there will be official meeting points for Barcelona and Manchester United fans.

"We have placed two meeting points for the fans," he said.

"One in Piazza Cipro for the Spaniards and the other one in Piazza delle Canestre for the English supporters."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Live chat with Shaka Hislop
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »
Live chat with Shaka Hislop
ESPN

We've got an extra bonus chat for you on Wednesday as Shaka Hislop will be online throughout the Champions League final to give you his thoughts.

A hugely experienced goalkeeper who spent more than 10 years in the Premier League, Shaka was first spotted when playing for Howard University in the United States before moving to England with Reading.

Impressive performances for the Royals - he was twice voted Player of the Year - led to a move to Newcastle United in 1996. He spent three years at Newcastle before moving to London - where he was born - to West Ham United for the first of two spells.

Hislop's performances for the Hammers led to international recognition with Trinidad and Tobago, eventually winning 26 caps and playing in the 2006 World Cup.

After leaving West Ham he played for Portsmouth for three years before returning to Upton Park for one more season. He finished his career where it started, in the United States, with MLS side FC Dallas and retired in August 2007.

Shaka will be here on Wednesday, May 27 at 7:30 p.m. BST (2:45 p.m. ET). He'll be online before the games kick-off and will be watching all the drama as it unfolds!

CLICK HERE to chat.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »
dem boy and dem now BBM meh, dey reach

Més que un club.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »
It eh have no Barca forever thread or nuttin...so i go post dis here.

Next season kits:

Official name of the colour of de away kit: "mango"

Some say it pink.  You decide.

Decent enough doh.

Keeper kit sweet too.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »
DT yuh is ah real clong jedd! :rotfl:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
Thierry Henry deserves to win this CUP

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »

steups....u come back with this shit?

he had his chance....and they blew it.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »
Rio is fit  :beermug:

Let's get ready to Rumble

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2009, 02:35:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fr_WO0620Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fr_WO0620Z4</a>
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2009, 02:50:35 PM »
looks like another Stoke City-like game plan on the way from Man Utd...

Vidic ready to win at all costs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8064374.stm

By David Ornstein

Nemanja Vidic is sure Manchester United will beat Barcelona in the Champions League final - and does not care about the style in which they do it.

Wednesday's match in Rome pits holders United against the team regarded as the most attractive in Europe this season.

But United defender Vidic, 27, told BBC Sport: "All that matters is the result, you'll quickly forget about the style.

"Football is not about the style - it's about the winning and we have the confidence and belief to do it."

The Serbia international added: "I don't think we are arrogant - we respect Barcelona but we believe in ourselves and in the players we have.

European giants ready for ultimate final

"We won the league and have reached the Champions League final so we have to believe we can win it. We know it's going to be a hard game and have big jobs to do but we are excited and we will try to hurt them."

Unlike Vidic, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson conceded he would like to win in a manner that will earn his team plaudits and insisted: "We have our own style and hope we can express ourselves the way we want to on Wednesday."

The Scot acknowledged that with the opposition being Barca many fans would expect an attractive final and he hoped United could play their part in delivering that.

"Football is always needing a boost," he said. "We have negatives in the game that surface every year in all different ways.

"But when we get a game of football that paints the real story of football then we're all lifted by it. I think Barcelona and Manchester United can do that in this final.

"There is a strong possibility it will be a very good final."

Barca have scored 104 league goals this season, setting Spain and Europe alight with their unique brand of attacking football.

Michael Carrick
I wouldn't say I'm glad it's not Chelsea but now that it's Barcelona it really feels like it's a special European final - they are a massive club and have something special about them

Michael Carrick

It has taken them to within touching distance of becoming the first club to win La Liga, the Copa del Rey and European Cup in one season.

At times this season Pep Guardiola's side have looked unstoppable, not least during their 6-2 demolition of title rivals Real Madrid at the Bernabeu, but Ferguson said Chelsea's semi-final performance against the Catalans gave him reason to be cheerful.

The Blues held Barca to a 0-0 draw at the Nou Camp and in the second leg, a dominant performance resulted in Chelsea entering stoppage time 1-0 up before the visitors equalised to go through on away goals.

"I watched their game against Real Madrid and it was an absolutely magnificent performance," stated Ferguson.

"I said to myself, 'Christ, we might have to play them' but then Chelsea showed that they can be beaten so I take some encouragement from that."

United have won three, lost two and drawn four of their nine previous meetings with Barca.

The pair met at the semi-final stage last season, playing out a 0-0 draw in the first leg before a spectacular strike by Paul Scholes gave United a 1-0 win in the return.

Ferguson's men went on to beat Chelsea in the final and are bidding to become the first side to win back-to-back Champions League titles.

Victory would mean United would join Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Ajax in the group of clubs to have won four or more European Cups.

"I'm well aware of how special it is but sometimes it's more about getting the job done than and the small details of winning the game over what surrounds the occasion," commented United midfielder Michael Carrick.

606: DEBATE
What do you think the score will be on what is bound to be a fantastic night on Wednesday?

matty937

"People keep mentioning about winning it twice along with the league and everything else. Hopefully on Thursday we can sit back and appreciate it but until then it really is about getting the job done and winning the game."

Carrick was pleased to see Barca edge past Chelsea to reach the Rome showpiece and set up a meeting with United, who beat Arsenal 4-1 on aggregate in the other semi-final.

"I wouldn't say I'm glad it's not Chelsea but now that it's Barcelona it really feels like it's a special European final," said the 27-year-old. "They are a massive club and have something special about them.

"To meet them at this time as well - with both of us at the top of our leagues - the time is right for a good game of football and a real test for both teams.

"We're confident for the same reason as them. Of course we respect them and appreciate the likes of Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta - they're special players and there's no doubt about that.

"But we're good enough to win, we've been there, we're the champions and we've done it before. That gives you enough confidence to believe you can do it again."

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »
vidic comment suggests to me that manu are going to play us the same way they did last yr. Sit deep and counter, it can work 4 them cause they have very good players going 4wd
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »
I anticipate that Man U will come hard at Barca...

Barca is undermanned in crucial areas of the field- if there's anytime you can beat them with open football it's now, and if there's any team in the World who can do it, I'd have to say it's Man U. 

What's the story on Iniesta & Henry?  Barca is a different (significantly weaker) team without those guys. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
I anticipate that Man U will come hard at Barca...

Barca is undermanned in crucial areas of the field- if there's anytime you can beat them with open football it's now, and if there's any team in the World who can do it, I'd have to say it's Man U. 

What's the story on Iniesta & Henry?  Barca is a different (significantly weaker) team without those guys. 

supposedly they're both 100% fit ahead of the game..

but who can tell whether that is just pre-match gun talk.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cC-AVpuE-cA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cC-AVpuE-cA</a>
 ;D
VIVA RONALDO!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2009, 03:32:07 PM »
Vidic REALLY say that football is not about style?!?!  No wonder he playing in the epl.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »
Vidic REALLY say that football is not about style?!?!  No wonder he playing in the epl.

Not nice  :heehee:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cC-AVpuE-cA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cC-AVpuE-cA</a>
 ;D
VIVA RONALDO!

That boy is ah bullah!!

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »
y he n go to Arnold Schwarzenegger english class

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2009, 04:24:34 PM »

Even the old war horses come out: Hristo Stoichkov, Ronald Koeman, Pep Guardiola
Stoichkov must be chaining up ah scene to break a foot wid he wile self.

All yuh doh worry, I was here already, I've got this.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »
 ;D
VIVA RONALDO!

That boy is ah bullah!!

takes one to know one asshole

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »
=

Més que un club.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »
I definitely ent watching dat video unless he divin at least 4 times :devil: :devil:

Més que un club ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 04:43:07 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2009, 05:19:13 PM »

still doesn't mean barca are going to make panty boy cry

oh and i would have supported the english side if they werent playing barca with henry
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:21:22 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »
Nice comments by Pep.

Come on Barca!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=650000&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola believes the only way his side can beat ''the best team in the world'' in the Champions League final is to ''play beautiful''.

The Spanish champions go into the clash with holders Manchester United at Rome's Stadio Olimpico looking to clinch their third European title.

''The fans know that it will not be easy,'' said Guardiola. ''We know we face the best team in the world and we want to beat the best team in the world. In order to do that, we will try to be Barca.

''I want my players to play beautiful and I want them to be daring and to show to the world why we have been so successful and lift the cup.

''That is my only worry, I don't want to have any regrets after the game that we didn't do this or that on the pitch, in other words we didn't show the play that we have been able to do so far.''

What Guardiola has done so far has been most impressive. A member of the first Barcelona team to win the European Cup with a 1-0 victory over Sampdoria 17 years ago at Wembley, Guardiola has led the Catalan outfit to a Primera Liga and Copa del Rey double in his first season at the helm.

''I could never have imagined anything like this at the beginning of the season,'' said the 38-year-old. ''I just wanted to do a good job, but in my first year to win the League, the cup and to be here, one step away from being European champions, is great. We cannot deny that it has been a great season.

''I have been fortunate to have a great team and we've been able to do well. But we can still do better.''

Guardiola knows Manchester United have few weaknesses.

Sir Alex Ferguson's team go into the clash on a record 25-match unbeaten run in the competition. United have a superb defensive record in this season's competition with just six goals conceded, but Guardiola is respectful of the whole team.

''I think Manchester United have lots of virtues,'' he said. ''If we are not strong in defence they will attack and it is a team that attacks well.

''If it has to defend, it defends with humility and if it has to counter-attack, they are deadly. We have tried to correct some things that we do badly and highlight the positive things we do.''

Barca will rely on the inspiration of Spanish internationals Xavi and Andres Iniesta in midfield, while they hope Lionel Messi can maintain his form in front of goal. Messi is the competition's top scorer with eight goals this season.

''We are going to see a great Messi,'' said Guardiola. ''He is in good form and the team will help him to deliver. If we play in the way we can play, then Messi will have a good game.''

Much of the focus has been on Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo but Guardiola feels any player could decide the game.

Barcelona last won the Champions League three years ago when beating Arsenal in the final in Paris with defender Julian Belletti scoring the winner.

''I don't know if the game will be decided by star players,'' Guardiola said. ''Of course, because they are stars they have more responsibility. Both (Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo) are very good players.''

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2009, 07:24:43 PM »

FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP    FA PREMIER LEAGUE                                                               

FA PREMIER LEAGUE       FOOTBALL LEAGUE CUP

FA CHARITY / COMMUNITY SHIELD

tommorow we go have this too  :devil:

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:32:01 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »

FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP

FA PREMIER LEAGUE

FOOTBALL LEAGUE CUP

tommorow we go have this too Barca goin an win dis one   :devil:

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
FIXED
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »

still doesn't mean barca are going to make panty boy cry

oh and i would have supported the english side if they werent playing barca with henry

we doh want/need yuh support breds  :shameonyou:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2009, 08:22:36 PM »
Yorke get mention yes...but not in a way we may like...lol

Why the European final is soccer's biggest game

by Anthony Sanchez, Bleacher Report

Back in the days when England's footballers spent as much time in the pub as they did on the pitch, when football shorts the world over were tight enough to cut off circulation to the legs and it was quite normal for top-class players to sport facial hair, every four years something remarkable used to happen for football fans.

The World Cup brought with it an escape from terrible pitches and a chance to see the very best the world had to offer. Moments of genius from exciting new players wowed the viewing public. Players sprung into the public consciousness of nations overnight.

Within hours they could take on a godlike status and like mythical characters, their reputation seemed to only increase during the four years away from the spotlight between World Cups.

These days even the best players struggle to achieve such a high standing. Every comment is reported, every bad performance or run of bad form is scrutinized.

A reputation can still be made in a World Cup tournament but just as easily it can ripped to pieces in the intervening four years.

The Champions League now provides the true litmus test for world football's finest. European cup glory may never hold the stature of winning a World Cup, perhaps even in the minds of the players themselves it will never tug the heart strings the same way achieving something for you country can, but in terms of quality it is light years ahead.

With limited time to prepare, narrow selection criteria and such large breaks between playing quality opposition can an international team of the same standard of an elite club side even be assembled?

Europe's big clubs are now almost limitless in their powers. Every squad competing in the Champions Leagues is bursting with football talent harvested from every corner of the globe. Players you might have seen every four years in the past can now be seen week in week out in Europe's big leagues. This year's Manchester United-Barcelona final is much more than just an intercity rivalry.

Nationals of Brazil, Argentina, France, Portugal, Serbia, Bulgaria, South Korea, Cameroon, Uruguay, Mali, Belarus, Iceland, and the Netherlands will all be in attendance alongside the native British and Spanish players providing an interest around the world that spills well over Europe's borders.

No dead weight will be taking to the pitch in Rome. Every player will be there by virtue of their talent. International managers may have to play with the cards that the gods of genetics dealt them, but managers at the highest level of European club football have already rigged the pack.

Players who have competed at the highest echelons of club football have been a glaring omission at World Cup finals. Ryan Giggs and George Weah's absences in recent years stand in stark comparison to the memory of Costa Rica's Paulo Wanchope or Trinidad and Tobago's Dwight Yorke lining up alongside their football nobody countrymen.

Similarly, the World Cup has produced more and more mismatches as the years have gone by.

Who can forget Scotland's Colin Hendry hopelessly trying to stop Brazil's Phenomenon in the opening game of France 98? Or Luca Toni against nearly every defense he's come up against?

The World Cup can no longer be considered the greatest test. It's without doubt still the world's premier sporting spectacle, but the highest quality of football is now played at the highest professional level. It transcends borders and tribal allegiances.

Come May 27, Rome's Stadio Olimpico will be hosting what should be the highest quality game of football to date. Barcelona and Manchester United's teams have been works in progress for years.

Having been brought together from the four corners of the earth, they have been refined and finely tuned everyday on the training ground. The result is two teams whose football ability stands head and shoulder above everyone around them.

This year's Champions League Final will be more than a normal game. It will be the culmination of over a century of football evolution, as it is every year. May the best team win.

1]; } ?>