April 25, 2024, 08:39:05 PM

Poll

Who will be European Champions

Barcelona
42 (58.3%)
Manchester United
30 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).  (Read 63326 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Odd
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2009, 04:04:13 PM »
Not a single member of the World Champion Italian team of 2006 was on the field tonight in the CL Final.

Matter of fact, none were on the field in the semis either.

For what it's worth, 2 members of the French team (Henry & Evra) were on the field tonight.

I'm not surprised as Serie A players hardly ever defect to other leagues (unless loaned out) it seems. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).
« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2009, 04:13:09 PM »
Tallman yuh MC!!  >:( :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
Let dis serve as an official warning. Next time yuh will end up on ah milk carton.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 27, 2009, 04:25:29 PM »
And Alves not even on the field!

Man U record against Top sides this season hasn't been the best.
They play attacking and flowing ball when is Man City and Portsmouth, but vs top sides, they act like a mid-table screen. Sir Alex say his side better than Real Madrid, but at least Madrid come out to play, not to drop back, defend and hope they could catch them on the counter.  

Ditto for Chelsea. If yuh is big side, then come out swinging

You ony talkin shit in yuh ass oui!!  WTF Chelsea ha to do wit dis?!

Dred, I is a chelsea fan long time, but that display vs Barca was woeful.

U talkin shit fella.  Chelsea saw a potential weakness and attempted to use it to their advantage.  Despite the free flowing style ManUre used Chelsea had far more and even better opportunities.  It isn't about what type of game you feel is better it is about results.  You think a loss with a free flowing style looks better than an ugly win on a coach record?

If football was only about ugly results, we would all be watching Norwegian football, or Ireland. If you want to claim to be tops in the world, then you have to be able to impose your will on other teams. Last year Man U was able to do that, this year, not so much. You have to capture the imagination as much as the trophies.

So an ugly Champions leage final win is worth less than a beautiful CL Finals loss?

Who say that?
What I said was that you can't claim to be a big team and then play like you scared to lose. The greatness is the trophy plus the beautiful game.
If you win the silverware, but can't capture the imagination, you will always be a winner, but never achieve greatness.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2009, 04:32:03 PM »
don't count yuh trophies before you win them!

quintuple my arse! allyuh fuhget the great british press blight>? if they predict it it will not happen

my only wish was that manu played that way against arsenal ah well see you next season, hope shithoundo can stop crying in time for it

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2009, 04:38:03 PM »
manu didnt play "bad" they were outplayed

ah man say AIG stand for Alex Is Gutted yes
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
Barca so dangerous them had Rooney defending and marking Puyol  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:02:03 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2009, 05:00:53 PM »
(1) A while back, somebody (ah cyah remember who it is but ah feel it was kicker.....my apologies if it wasn't.  ;D) on another thread was making the case for Ronaldo being a better player (or something so) than Messi and offered that cry-baby is better at heading the ball than Messi.  My argument was that Spanish football doesn't revolve around long balls in the air and cross balls like the epl does.  I hope the display of superb CRAFTSMANSHIP and SKILL it took to score that header was enough to put that myth of his "heading" to rest.

(2) I hope vidic notice how much "style" was put into that beat he get before he left Van der Saar stranded at his first post.  Baaaaaaaaad vidic!  :shameonyou:  There's football life outside the EPL, and it involves "style."

(3) I hope evra (and vidic, too) siddong and together watch "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" in the off-season.  They go see Eli Wallach (aka "Tuco"; "The Ugly") buss a cyap on a man and then tell 'im
 "if you come too choot, choot! Don't talk!"  Leave all the pre-game talking to the REAL BIG players and the Manager.

(4) I hope all the men who like to call Victor Valdes a shithong recognize the greatness of the save he make (to maintain a clean sheet and possibly suppress a late manu surge) when he adjusted his arm at point blank to deny cry-baby after the second goal.  If he have to leave Barca because some of the fans so want 'im to leave, he could do it now in peace and with his head held high.  He was nothing short of excellent for Barca in the Champions' League this season.

Congrats to all the fans of Barca, La Liga, Beautiful football, Las Ramblas, and CONGRATULATIONS to all members (real, honorary and by proxy ) of MUHAHA!!  :devil:  At least allyuh take allyuh lix wit some class today!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »
well said chow well said

buh ah mango chow cant beat ah pineapple chow eh  ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2009, 05:13:25 PM »
well said chow well said

buh ah mango chow cant beat ah pineapple chow eh  ;D

Boss, doh try dat at all!!...my mango chow will make yuh eat dem words and feed yuh pineapple to a pothong! (or a manu fan!)  ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
(1) A while back, somebody (ah cyah remember who it is but ah feel it was kicker.....my apologies if it wasn't.  ;D) on another thread was making the case for Ronaldo being a better player (or something so) than Messi and offered that cry-baby is better at heading the ball than Messi.  My argument was that Spanish football doesn't revolve around long balls in the air and cross balls like the epl does.  I hope the display of superb CRAFTSMANSHIP and SKILL it took to score that header was enough to put that myth of his "heading" to rest.

(2) I hope vidic notice how much "style" was put into that beat he get before he left Van der Saar stranded at his first post.  Baaaaaaaaad vidic!  :shameonyou:  There's football life outside the EPL, and it involves "style."

(3) I hope evra (and vidic, too) siddong and together watch "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" in the off-season.  They go see Eli Wallach (aka "Tuco"; "The Ugly") buss a cyap on a man and then tell 'im
 "if you come too choot, choot! Don't talk!"  Leave all the pre-game talking to the REAL BIG players and the Manager.

(4) I hope all the men who like to call Victor Valdes a shithong recognize the greatness of the save he make (to maintain a clean sheet and possibly suppress a late manu surge) when he adjusted his arm at point blank to deny cry-baby after the second goal.  If he have to leave Barca because some of the fans so want 'im to leave, he could do it now in peace and with his head held high.  He was nothing short of excellent for Barca in the Champions' League this season.

Congrats to all the fans of Barca, La Liga, Beautiful football, Las Ramblas, and CONGRATULATIONS to all members (real, honorary and by proxy ) of MUHAHA!!  :devil:  At least allyuh take allyuh lix wit some class today!

Chow. VV came off his line a few times too and made some vital interceptions when he couldn't use his hands. Imagine if VV had collect that first goal that VDS conceded on his near post after getting a weak left hand to it, de man woulda be getting pong all now. Very good game by a very good keep.

Zoid..is a pineapple chow you come wid dey? Anytime a pineapple chow beat out ah mango chow, ah feel dat have to go down as a slight upset

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2009, 05:29:02 PM »
What was most striking to me was how Man U were unable to cope with Barca's midfield's pressing tactics.

Man U TRIED to play the ball around in midfield but Barca's midfield put them under so much QUICK pressure that they inevtiably gave away the ball most of the time.

Contrast that to when barca's midfield had the ball, their possession skills and passing was sublime.

I keep saying that the most impressive part of Barca's game for me is their off the ball play.  Xavi and Iniesta in particular are phenomenal in that regard..yet...they're known for their offensive prowess.  AMAZING!

This is why I shook my head at the Man U fans who believed Barca would be easier to play than Chelsea, i think it was Sammy in particular who believed this and I could help but imagine if they understood why Barca has been trashing so many teams with such ease.

men coming on here talking bout how the way to beat Barca is to play your own game, the problem is, their MIDFIELD never allows the opposition to play their game either through their pressing tactics when they don't have the ball, and the fact they never waste a pass when they do, thus THEY ALWAYS have more possession thatn the other team, not one team has beaten Barca on ball possession all season.

I hope the Man U fans have a better understanding of it now.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »

Chow. VV came off his line a few times too and made some vital interceptions when he couldn't use his hands. Imagine if VV had collect that first goal that VDS conceded on his near post after getting a weak left hand to it, de man woulda be getting pong all now. Very good game by a very good keep.

Zoid..is a pineapple chow you come wid dey? Anytime a pineapple chow beat out ah mango chow, ah feel dat have to go down as a slight upset

Well Filho, I eh even see de game yet, but tanx fuh de info.  I only see highlights so far (ah watchin it wit a mango chow later!  ;D) But yuh right about hummuch man woulda be criticizing VV if he woulda get ketch wit a first-post goal, even though, in all fairness to VdS, the way and location dat vidic take dah beat, it left VdS having to come out quickly with little time to make the adjustment on the angle because Eto'o went from being in a position of having to deliver a cross from a difficult angle (which VdS was probably more likely preparing for and not guarding more of his first post) to suddenly having the goal and VdS exposed. vidic did a poor job in shepherding Eto'o to the baseline * (just my humble opinion)*.......but at least he did a poor job "with style."  ;D
I happier than a runaway slave right now!  :beermug:  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:36:42 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 27, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »

lol didn't realize Messi's heading ability (or inability) was a myth  ;D...but funny yuh bring it up because:

Iniesta & Messi - joint MOM.  Messi scored with his head lol...Puyol & Pique...honorable mention

Think I remember the conversation though- I was more making a case of CR being crowed World Player of the Year for last season... and objectively saying why he could be considered a better player while admitting that I prefer Messi personally-ah know the separation between opinion and objectivity is a tough thing to discern on this board  :devil:...But again that for football played a year ago.... (somewhere someone out there is arguing that Penny is still the sweetest ting in the world  ;D ;D)..

No questioning Messi won the one on one battle today (if there ever was one)- C.Ronaldo was actually very good today too.

Play yuhself though...it's all good  :beermug: :beermug:

p.s. yuh boy VV real like himself today too...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »
What the hell, weary backing BARCA LOL , well i never  :'(  :devil:

I does always back Barca u 4got 1 DHINO wit a bit of Ronald was on dat side.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »
Now I doh follow club football religiously but this was the 3rd Champions League Final I watched back to back....

Correct mih if ah wrong but in 07 it was
ManU vs. Milan....ManU lose and if ah eh mistaken Ronaldo was humbled in that one....

ManU vs. Chelsea last year....won on penalties....played good...

ManU vs. Barca 09...they lost....and de "great" Ronaldo was humbled again...

Can I deduce that Manu can handle EPL opposition but teams outside of that League they cyar cope??...

BIG UP to the true, true Barca fans...all yuh side give ManU ah good cut arse today boy.....whhhheeeyy ManU fans....all yuh team didn't leave England or wha??   :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2009, 06:10:17 PM »
Now I doh follow club football religiously but this was the 3rd Champions League Final I watched back to back....

ManU vs. Milan....ManU lose and if ah eh mistaken Ronaldo was humbled in that one....

That was the semi-final

Milan went on to beat Liverpool in the final.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2009, 06:12:30 PM »
Let me state it one time before ah forget.....

GO BARCA!!!...  

:flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

for Manboo.... :devil: ;D

COSIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

WHO SAY TREBLE!!!!!!

WAY MUH FELLOW BARCAHOLICS AT!!!!!??!!!!!

WUKINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:17:38 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »
Let dis serve as an official warning. Next time yuh will end up on ah milk carton.
mek he kneel on de grate man ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »

That was the semi-final

Oh right, I stand corrected....but they still got a good cut arse from a non-EPL team....so my question still remains....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »

That was the semi-final

Oh right, I stand corrected....but they still got a good cut arse from a non-EPL team....so my question still remains....

I prefer La Liga Serie A much more attractive football. U grew up on Big League Soccer and Road 2 Wembley but sunday afternoon Serie A wit Madonna in d 90's was amazing

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2009, 06:24:10 PM »

lol didn't realize Messi's heading ability (or inability) was a myth  ;D...but funny yuh bring it up because:

Iniesta & Messi - joint MOM.  Messi scored with his head lol...Puyol & Pique...honorable mention

Think I remember the conversation though- I was more making a case of CR being crowed World Player of the Year for last season... and objectively saying why he could be considered a better player while admitting that I prefer Messi personally-ah know the separation between opinion and objectivity is a tough thing to discern on this board  :devil:...But again that for football played a year ago.... (somewhere someone out there is arguing that Penny is still the sweetest ting in the world  ;D ;D)..

No questioning Messi won the one on one battle today (if there ever was one)- C.Ronaldo was actually very good today too.

Play yuhself though...it's all good  :beermug: :beermug:

p.s. yuh boy VV real like himself today too...

:rotfl:  Yuh have jokes in yuh elokwents! lol!....But my "argument" if you will, was that maybe because of the difference in styles of the two leagues/teams maybe Messi (and players in Spian, as a whole) is not called upon to do as much heading of the ball as cry-baby is (or EPL players are) but it doh mean dat he "cyah head de ball."  I mean, if what yuh tryin to say is that between last season and this one, he practice more heading.....well...I eh know 'bout dat.  But either way, we cool. :chilling:  You think he improve, I think he showcased what he coulda do all along.  But you and Filho tell meh meh boy VV was good today in trute so ah lookin forwad to watchin it tonight!  RUMUHAHA 'TIL I DIE!! 

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
something i n hear any1 ond board mention. the fact that eto instead of messi played on the right  and  the fact that evra was preparing 4 messi. he was even speaking about it in interviews

one more thing barca''s 851 goals in all european competitons is the most by any team
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:47:44 PM by freakazoid »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »
:rotfl:  Yuh have jokes in yuh elokwents! lol!....But my "argument" if you will, was that maybe because of the difference in styles of the two leagues/teams maybe Messi (and players in Spian, as a whole) is not called upon to do as much heading of the ball as cry-baby is (or EPL players are) but it doh mean dat he "cyah head de ball."  I mean, if what yuh tryin to say is that between last season and this one, he practice more heading.....well...I eh know 'bout dat.  But either way, we cool. :chilling:  You think he improve, I think he showcased what he coulda do all along.  But you and Filho tell meh meh boy VV was good today in trute so ah lookin forwad to watchin it tonight!  RUMUHAHA 'TIL I DIE!! 

seen...But let's face it- De man is 5ft 6.

Improve or not, good header of the ball or not, best player or not...at the highest level, he eh go too many headers in his career...through no one's fault but his genetics. C. Ronaldo on the other hand is 6ft 2....nuff said.  

Tonight's header was a beauty though... It was a cushioned and placed header which gave the keeper no chance.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
IF thats the best England have to offer WELL!!!!!!
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2009, 06:59:32 PM »

Last year when thay met the spanish dominated man u, but man u got lucky. Then they scrape through and win the finals on penalities

This year well they dominated them again, but the english couldnt get lucky twice

Congrats PEP, you have done well

Ah cant wait for the next episode of special 1 TV

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2009, 07:03:24 PM »

seen...But let's face it- De man is 5ft 6.

Improve or not, good header of the ball or not, best player or not...at the highest level, he eh go too many headers in his career...through no one's fault but his genetics. C. Ronaldo on the other hand is 6ft 2....nuff said.  

Tonight's header was a beauty though... It was a cushioned and placed header which gave the keeper no chance.

But Kicker, a man height ain't have nutting to do with whether or not he could head a ball good or better than another player or not yuh know.....it only affects the heights he might can attain that others can't ...Heading is all about technique....I mean, I is 6' 4" and I SURE I could get to some crosses that Peter Shilton couldn'ta get to, but............yuh ketch wha ah sayin'?  If anything, what you saying more argues my case for me because, if he so short, he really shouldn'ta get to that ball today and finesse it past VdS like he did, and I doubt that he just learn to do that this past season. (Yuh tink Rio was headin dah ball in dah net so?)  If you know some of the drills that Argentinian players have to go through in the selection process for their National youth teams maybe you might be more willing to accept that, when called upon, Messi would always be able to show that he can hold his own in that department.  Respek, all the same. :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
   But Kicker, a man height ain't have nutting to do with whether or not he could head a ball good or better than another player or not yuh know.....it only affects the heights he might can attain that others can't ...Heading is all about technique....I mean, I is 6' 4" and I SURE I could get to some crosses that Peter Shilton couldn'ta get to, but............yuh ketch wha ah sayin'?  If anything, what you saying more argues my case for me because, if he so short, he really shouldn'ta get to that ball today and finesse it past VdS like he did, and I doubt that he just learn to do that this past season. (Yuh tink Rio was headin dah ball in dah net so?)  If you know some of the drills that Argentinian players have to go through in the selection process for their National youth teams maybe you might be more willing to accept that, when called upon, Messi would always be able to show that he can hold his own in that department.  Respek, all the same. :beermug:

Yeah no doubt- not disagreeing with anything you say... just saying that all else being equal CR9 is more likely to be noted for his heading ability throughout his career because he's bigger, stronger and more likely to win balls in the air.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »

Yeah no doubt- not disagreeing with anything you say... just saying that all else being equal CR9 is more likely to be noted for his heading ability throughout his career because he's bigger, stronger and more likely to win balls in the air.

Arright.....but for somebody who bigger and stronger, he damned sure does fall dong on de grong plenty!  ;D

something i n hear any1 ond board mention. the fact that eto instead of messi played on the right  and  the fact that evra was preparing 4 messi. he was even speaking about it in interviews

Good tactical move by Pep.  Flexibility and adjustments that attacking players can enjoy where defenders can't always be so.  Eto'o really took vidic to school on that first goal. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2009, 07:52:11 PM »

Good tactical move by Pep.  Flexibility and adjustments that attacking players can enjoy where defenders can't always be so.  Eto'o really took vidic to school on that first goal. 

Pep pull dat one against RM in the Bernabeu too. But allyuh sure you should be talking dat..after all Barca only know how to play one way. Manu have eleventeen hundred different formations and each one could mash up Barca one.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »

Pep pull dat one against RM in the Bernabeu too. But allyuh sure you should be talking dat..after all Barca only know how to play one way. Manu have eleventeen hundred different formations and each one could mash up Barca one.

:rotfl:  Ah could laff at dah one NOW! If it did backfire watch how ah woulda be keepin' meh arse quiet on de forum....Is only loads ah manure yuh woulda be seein' on de forum (woulda be 25 pages by now!) tellin' we how great a tactician alex (not the Chelsea defender) is....MUHAHA members woulda couldn'ta see dey WAY!

1]; } ?>