April 27, 2024, 03:27:58 PM

Poll

Who will be European Champions

Barcelona
42 (58.3%)
Manchester United
30 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).  (Read 63488 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).
« Reply #360 on: May 27, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »
alright, ah reach and i eh think ah going and scrimmage through 12 pages of thread...

but dis one is for kicker and filho...

Barcelona upsets Man Utd 2-0 to take the Champions League

after watching that game, you see just how jokey that line sounds? :rotfl: :devil:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2009, 08:14:01 PM »
alright, ah reach and i eh think ah going and scrimmage through 12 pages of thread...

after watching that game, you see just how jokey that line sounds? :rotfl: :devil:

lol, ent, well done Barca, great header Messi, de man look like Jordan hanging in de air for that header, not to mention de placement, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 27, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »

hahah. good one. after watching the game? how about before watching the game I woulda find dat sound jokey :beermug: seriously tho' Omar, you really believe that is the context I used it in? I was really just saying I'd be surprised if Barca without Henry and Iniesta, Alvez and Abidal, could beat a full strength ManU. It was a hypothetical scenario that's being way overanalyzed and taken out of context. On the contrary, I real surprise Barca won so easily. I think I coulda take a run with Barca and they would have still won.

then again, if you listen to them English pundits before the game, you would have thought ManU just had to show up and they would have been crowned champs.

hear nah..jess for you ;)
http://www.kusi.com/home/46275622.html

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2009, 08:31:05 PM »

hahah. good one. after watching the game? how about before watching the game I woulda find dat sound jokey :beermug: seriously tho' Omar, you really believe that is the context I used it in? I was really just saying I'd be surprised if Barca without Henry and Iniesta, Alvez and Abidal, could beat a full strength ManU. It was a hypothetical scenario that's being way overanalyzed and taken out of context. On the contrary, I real surprise Barca won so easily. I think I coulda take a run with Barca and they would have still won.

then again, if you listen to them English pundits before the game, you would have thought ManU just had to show up and they would have been crowned champs.

Now yuh pushin it  ;D  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 27, 2009, 08:32:58 PM »
anybody caught a close up of eto 's boots. gold and black( very fitting colours) with he name and d venue and date on d boots
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »
I think Alex ferguson should have included christiano Ronaldo in the team instead of leaving him in manchester. who wha He was on the field? really oh the guy who was only fouling Puyol
oh yeah, he was on probably for like 2 mins cause i aint see him after that, was he on the sideline getting treatment for some kinda injury cause really i eh think he was on the field

WELL DONE PEP!!!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »

too right BUT the amount of ppl hating on manu to loose put them in the underdog position which tickled me pink before the game

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »
 :applause:

Well done Barca, thoroughly deserved title. Not just because of today, but all season they exhibited amazing football. And not just pretty football, TOTAL football: they work just as hard when not in possession to win the ball back, especially in the midfield.

Other observations:

-good tactical move by Guardiola to put Messi in the middle instead of on the right. It caught the Utd defence unaware

-Rooney was way too defensive for Utd today, u rarely saw him in an attacking position. IMO it took a lot of bite out of the Man U attack.

-Barca plays the one touch football with HARD passes to foot....and they make it look so easy. Impeccable ball control. (P.S. Messi had put down one chest control in the midfield in the second half, running at pace and take down a bullet pass in stride, with 2 men on his back.....i never even see that on playstation)

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2009, 08:39:40 PM »

A San Diego new source dawg??? :rotfl:

i surprise dem ent say they didnt call it the European Champions League Soccer final too.. lol

anyhow, my point was always that yuh cyah use that terminology talking about the 2 best teams in europe. and to be honest what happened in this game didnt really surprise me.. Only the first 10 minutes with man utd storming them did surprise me.

I said before the game that man utd physically cannot give Barca the fight that Chelsea did and I was right. Giggs, Anderson and Carrick in the middle was no match. that was the way to beat that side and Man Utd couldnt do that, so it was actually a much easier game for Barcelona to manage, even being understaffed at the back. They had all of the ball in midfield and Giggs was chasing shadows.

but doh worry i just getting meh kicks. i eh looking to go back in that talk at all. I on western conference finals right now..

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
aye ah wanted some1 else to mention that chest trap dread. i say messi have ah living room set on his chest, that was real cushion dread
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »

Now yuh pushin it  ;D  :beermug:

way too late for dat. good kix

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »
A San Diego new source dawg??? :rotfl:

i surprise dem ent say they didnt call it the European Champions League Soccer final too.. lol

anyhow, my point was always that yuh cyah use that terminology talking about the 2 best teams in europe. and to be honest what happened in this game didnt really surprise me.. Only the first 10 minutes with man utd storming them did surprise me.

I said before the game that man utd physically cannot give Barca the fight that Chelsea did and I was right. Giggs, Anderson and Carrick in the middle was no match. that was the way to beat that side and Man Utd couldnt do that, so it was actually a much easier game for Barcelona to manage, even being understaffed at the back. They had all of the ball in midfield and Giggs was chasing shadows.

but doh worry i just getting meh kicks. i eh looking to go back in that talk at all. I on western conference finals right now..

breds..ah google de ting and ah real fraid to check out dis kusi.com fuss I never hear bout it.  :rotfl: :rotfl: But the story taken from the Associated Press. Altho' I feel they have license to make up whatever headline they want :devil: :devil:. It have some headlines bout Barca upset ManU, or Barca stuns ManU and all dem sites reaaaal jokey. So I say lemme catch some jones and sign off with the first one dat eh look too sketch. Like I say..I laughing at the whole thing long time.

but come nah man. You self said Barca were 'overwhelming favorites' (not favorites ah man, but overwhelming favorites) to beat Chelsea back in 2006. Same Chelsea that beat Barca the year before and and redefined what it took to win the EPL under Mourinho, and was leading it for a 2nd year in a row. I thought you were having a laugh. You went on to say that the 2009 Chelsea worse and this Barca better so Barca were even huger favorites than 3 years ago. My point was that no way should any team be 'overwhelming' favorites to beat Chelsea when Chelsea are one of the best teams in what is considered by many as the best league in Europe, and one of the best teams on the continent. I don't think the difference in quality between ManU and Chelsea justifies the use of 'upset' as ridiculous when it's manU v Barca, but somehow Barca were beyond 'overwhelming favorites' to beat Chelsea? Alright man...i think you just overanalyzing an innocuous hypothetical man. I hope I am the 'overwhelming favorite' to be the last to respond to this point.

SEMPRE BARCA
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:25:49 PM by Filho »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2009, 09:35:28 PM »
Allyuh start back wid dat  ;D  I done tell allyuh the only way to determine whether or not upset is a relevant term for this matchup is to determine the overall expectations...and the best way to do that is to survey the pre- match odds/spread/lines on the game....without that everyone will have his/her own opinion... and none will be more correct than the other...Speaking of which ....I actually read an article from a betting website that said that alot of the major bookmakers had Barca as slim favorites going into this match even with the potential injuries and the suspensions- I was gonna post it on here, but didn't want to raise that hornets' nest.....

Anyways..I agree with Omar in the sense that Barca's performance was not surprising especially since Man U was clearly not intent on parking the bus from the 1st minute.  I'm not surprised though the Man U came out with a head of steam in the first 10 minutes because I'm pretty sure Ferguson wanted to grab the early goal while Barca was still kinda flat, and hadn't yet gotten a rhythm, (if yuh wait too long, and let them establish a passing rhythm, yuh might as well forget it).... and then employ conservative tactics...so they pressed high from the 1st minute...unfortunately for them..(and fortunately for the sake of an open game), the goal came from Barca...so Man U was forced to remain open...and as we've seen this season, any team that attempts that against Barca was doomed 9 out of 10 times. 

The fact that Chelsea was able to frustrate (and scare) Barca, and that Barca had some roster issues coming into this one, and the general hype that the EPL is the dominant league in Europe today, is really what may have toppled the odds in Man U's favor coming into this one- but anyone free from the EPL bias, who has seen Barca this season, knows that on Barca's day their opposition is merely performing an exercise in damage control....Today like many was one of Barca's days. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:40:21 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2009, 09:48:56 PM »
well in a nutshell, here is my final synopsis of exactly what took place in the game today (barcelona being the fowl and man u being the kid)....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
That is the best match report I see so far!  8)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
well in a nutshell, here is my final synopsis of exactly what took place in the game today (barcelona being the fowl and man u being the kid)....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I simply cannot understand or do not know where de hell allyuh men does come out, boy!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:36 PM »
Congrats to FC Barcalona and it fans. They definitely deserve this victory. They played very well today. :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 28, 2009, 12:19:27 AM »

I never see a fowl rush a human so...it big up itself dey

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 28, 2009, 04:04:52 AM »
1 more thing. Laporta have more balls than d bene ball lady.

and omar yuh match report was both funny and totally accurate :rotfl: :rotfl:. i woulda never think 2 look 4 dat vid

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 28, 2009, 05:02:30 AM »
Let me set some basket here, it's ironic dat Barca win when de ref teef for dem to come to de final, lets face it, the final should have been an all english final LOL......

Ah wah see who go jump on dis one LOL :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:

Man U 4 EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2009, 05:16:12 AM »
Let me set some basket here, it's ironic dat Barca win when de ref teef for dem to come to de final, lets face it, the final should have been an all english final LOL......

at dis stage dais water under d bridge an too quote mihself

I pity the fool....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2009, 05:42:14 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

perfection. small man moves perfectly represent the 1st 10 minutes of the game.

anyone find yesterday's game was an almost exact replica of the Spain Germany Euro 2008 final, except Spain never got that 2nd goal.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 05:45:11 AM by Filho »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2009, 05:58:10 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

perfection. small man moves perfectly represent the 1st 10 minutes of the game.

anyone find yesterday's game was an almost exact replica of the Spain Germany Euro 2008 final, except Spain never got that 2nd goal.

Notice no one eh talking about Barca only have one way to play, because ManU play three ways last night & none wok.  ;D (Just on kicks).

ManU game seemed to be score first and put Barca under pressure to come forward and hit them on the counter. Once they ended up on the wrong end against the run of play, they never looked capable. I mentioned to a friend next to me during the first half that ManU looked tired. Then it was a matter of Barca making them run. As I said before, two great teams with one completly on top of their game on the night.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 28, 2009, 06:05:51 AM »
As a neutral, I have to say I was very disappointed by the display Man U put on last night.  I was hoping for a much more competitive game of football and it goes without saying that Man U are capable of much more than they produced last night.  I thought that my initial impression - that Barca's domination of the game was complete - was misguided but it seems the critics agree:

Brilliant Barcelona outclass Man Utd

Post categories: Champions League

Phil McNulty | 00:21 AM, Thursday, 28 May 2009

Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Sir Alex Ferguson feared the side-effects of a trip on Barcelona's "carousel" - and he was doing his suffering in public after Manchester United were left sick and dizzy after the roughest of rides in Rome.

Barcelona's peerless midfield pair of Xavi and Andres Iniesta were the inspiration behind Ferguson's colourful christening of their passing style as he said: "I don't think they have ever given the ball away in their lives".

This extravagant claim appeared based in solid fact as Barcelona ruthlessly stripped Manchester United of their Champions League crown on the banks of the Tiber.

And as Ferguson grimly accepted the truth that Manchester United were dismantled by Barcelona, additional pain came from the knowledge that he knew what was coming and still his Premier League champions were ill-equipped, tactically and technically, to deal with it.

Ferguson's inner frustration surfaced with a needlessly aggressive response to a perfectly reasonable question about his hunger to fight back from this chastening night, but he made no excuses. It would have been folly to do so and he knew it.

Ferguson was critical of his players, labelling defending "shoddy" and admitting some big players would have been disappointed with their showings, but it was a rebuke delivered with an air of resignation as opposed to anger.

No shame in being outclassed by the best team in Europe - the problem for Ferguson was that it was Manchester United on the receiving end as opposed to inflicting it on their manager's behalf.

Picking over this defeat was hurting Ferguson. He was not used to it but on this occasion had to take his medicine. To fight United's corner in the face of such inferiority would have been futile. United were tactically bankrupt long before referee Massimo Busacca's whistle brought the punishment to a close.

Even the defiant, sympathetic applause of Manchester United's fans, who did their best to lift their team in a very dark hour, had a surreal tinge. It was not meant to be like this.

Manchester United were ready to embrace history in the Stadio Olimpico as the first club to defend the Champions League, but by the time Ferguson trooped into his post-match inquest it had left town.

In contrast the youthful Pep Guardiola was applauded in by elated, and highly-partisan, Catalans after a debut season as a coach that has hauled in La Liga, the Spanish Cup and now the Champions League. Perhaps Pep should retire now at the age of 38 - the only way is down surely?

After an opening nine minutes that gave false hope to all with United at heart, Barcelona had the place to themselves. The torture session was started by Samuel Eto'o's opening goal after 10 minutes.

Those of us who felt Barcelona would lack the physical presence to combat United were rather pleased with ourselves until that point. Shots in from Cristiano Ronaldo. Barca a bag of nerves. Exactly as we thought.

Eto'o's goal, courtesy of another moment of Fernando Torres-style frailty from Nemanja Vidic when faced with a world-class striker and poor goalkeeping from Edwin van der Sar, finished United.

It was as if confidence had simply been passed from United to Barcelona like a baton. Ferguson's gameplan fell apart as Ryan Giggs did not so much play in the hole as plunge through it and the deployment of Wayne Rooney on the left almost constituted an act of negligence.

The crumbling of United's edifice, there was an alarming visible decline in performance, gave life to Guardiola's inspirational decision to play Lionel Messi in a central role as opposed to out wide. United could not fathom how to deal with him and the Argentine's brilliant header simply crowned a glorious night for football, if not Ferguson.

It also settled, for now, the argument about who is the world's best player. Messi bestrode this showpiece, putting Ronaldo in the shade. Ronaldo, however, demonstrated as much spirit as anyone in a white shirt last night.

He never stopped running and his petulant late spats with Carles Puyol were borne out of frustration. Messi had help in the shape of Xavi and Iniesta, Ronaldo was a man alone.

Ferguson's own approach will be questioned and there can be no doubt his tactics failed on this occasion.

He went with the energy of Anderson and Ji-Sung Park in midfield, and while it worked against Arsenal it did not stand a chance here. Ferguson praised Park's awareness of space before the game, insisting "he doesn't need the ball." Sadly for the South Korean, this was a night when he had no choice in the matter.

And Rooney's deployment on the left, while it has enjoyed success before, is less successful against a team that denies United decent possession for minutes on end, as Barcelona did here.

It reduced Rooney to a virtual non-presence in the game, stuck helplessly on the fringes. He was eventually moved into the centre, but by then the pattern was set, the game was gone. Barcelona were ticking over and United were not good enough to turn it around.

Rooney's best work is through the middle of the pitch and this is where he should be restored next season.

United's display and defeat must be placed in context. They have won the Premier League for a third successive season and reached a Champions League final for the second year in a row. One defeat does not constitute a crisis - but the sheer scale of Barcelona's superiority will have shocked Ferguson and his players.

This tournament holds a special place in United's history and Ferguson's heart. The hurt will be especially acute on this, the highest stage.

United will regroup, rebuild and call on their reserves of resilience - but Barcelona are the best team in Europe. And, on this compelling evidence, by some distance.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2009, 06:42:50 AM »
Barca has to be the best football club I've seen in the last 20 years and this is coming from a Man U fan.....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2009, 06:59:54 AM »
Fork spain and dey macomareman footballers, them boy does fall on the ground for every thing, if yuh only blow on them a little too hard, is on the ground and rolling round like if they got shot. sstttuueeeppppsssss!

man-u shoulda dog them, but they catch man-u on ah bad day.  now ah have tuh listen to dem idot mexiacan bragg and boast how good messi and barca is, BTW EPL is still the best league! three semifinalist and barca got lucky in the final 40 sec to upset chelsea, plus the tiefin referee blank chelsea a penalty.   FORK Laliga and seri A too. the EPL is the best league in the world!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »
Fork spain and dey macomareman footballers, them boy does fall on the ground for every thing, if yuh only blow on them a little too hard, is on the ground and rolling round like if they got shot. sstttuueeeppppsssss!

man-u shoulda dog them, but they catch man-u on ah bad day.  now ah have tuh listen to dem idot mexiacan bragg and boast how good messi and barca is, BTW EPL is still the best league! three semifinalist and barca got lucky in the final 40 sec to upset chelsea, plus the tiefin referee blank chelsea a penalty.   FORK Laliga and seri A too. the EPL is the best league in the world!

You go boy.........Kick up dat jep nest :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »

LOUDESTTTTTTTTT OF STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2009, 07:15:30 AM »

:notworthy: U come good dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2009, 07:24:30 AM »

classic.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>