March 28, 2024, 05:29:34 AM

Poll

Who will be European Champions

Barcelona
42 (58.3%)
Manchester United
30 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).  (Read 62628 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Manchester United vs FC Barcelona Game (27-May-09).
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2009, 07:25:36 AM »
Let me set some basket here, it's ironic dat Barca win when de ref teef for dem to come to de final, lets face it, the final should have been an all english final LOL......

Ah wah see who go jump on dis one LOL :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:

Man U 4 EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LOUDESTTTTTTTTT OF STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSS

Basketttttttttttttttttt :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2009, 07:48:03 AM »
well in a nutshell, here is my final synopsis of exactly what took place in the game today (barcelona being the fowl and man u being the kid)....

classic.

Was that Paul Scholes?  :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2009, 07:59:12 AM »
Fork spain and dey macomareman footballers, them boy does fall on the ground for every thing, if yuh only blow on them a little too hard, is on the ground and rolling round like if they got shot. sstttuueeeppppsssss!

man-u shoulda dog them, but they catch man-u on ah bad day.  now ah have tuh listen to dem idot mexiacan bragg and boast how good messi and barca is, BTW EPL is still the best league! three semifinalist and barca got lucky in the final 40 sec to upset chelsea, plus the tiefin referee blank chelsea a penalty.   FORK Laliga and seri A too. the EPL is the best league in the world!

wahappen cool yuh sungin lil irritable ::) ;D anyways

I pity the fool....

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
Off all kicks, hard luck Man Utd.

That's how it goes sometimes.

And this is coming from a Liverpool fan.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »

The champions leaving for the airport this morning.
Should be in Barcelona after lunch Trini time.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »
Ferguson and Manicou so nasty wid dey self, he walk with the EPL trophy to show off the double had they of won.

TOO BAD!!

If yuh look closely yuh go see Small Mag hiding under the buss.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 08:38:29 AM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
Some Stats!!

Barcelona has become the fifth team to win a treble:
1966/67 Celtic
1971/72 Ajax
1987/88 PSV
1998/99 Manchester United
2008/09 FC Barcelona

Pep Guardiola has become the sixth person to have won the European Cup both as a player and as coach.

Miguel Muñoz (1956, 1957, 1958 Real Madrid as player; 1960, 1966 Real Madrid as coach)
Giovanni Trapattoni (1963, 1969 Milan as player; 1985 Juventus as coach)
Johan Cruyff (1971, 1972, 1973 Ajax as player; 1992 Barcelona as coach)
Carlo Ancelotti (1989, 1990 Milan as player; 2003, 2007 Milan as coach)
Frank Rijkaard (1989, 1990 Milan, 1995 Ajax as player; 2006 Barcelona as coach)
Josep Guardiola (1992 Barcelona as player; 2009 Barcelona as coach)

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »
 :'(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »
Filho, wha yuh feel Ronaldinho thinking bout right now.

He leave a side (whether forcibly or not) where he was the star to go to AC where he barely even gets a sweat. All the while watching his apprentice reach the heights where he once was.

I wonder if Pep go even consider buying him back!!

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
Small Mag, look ice water.

The diminutive one dimensional payer who Man U could nullify because Barca only plays in a 4-3-3- formation.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »
Ah does like to see when so called wold best defenders get skin out.

Small Mag, I thought Ferdinand and Vidic was going and keep Barca quiet becuase all yuh have all the formations and Barca only have one.

When Vidic eat ah nice cut from Eto'o to score

Too bad Henry eh score to complete ah best move that had the wold's best defender break dancing.

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 28, 2009, 02:21:09 PM »
Well lemme start a next outta timing talk...

Chelsea were a much better ambassador for English football than dem 11 white cones Man Utd put out against Barcelona in the final.

In retrospect, I'm sure Sir Alex wouldve been more than glad to have the stifling, physical presence of Essien/Lampard/Ballack in midfield instead of Anderson/Carrick/Giggs.

Compared to the rigors of the semi-final, the final was a cakewalk for Barca yesterday.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

Chelsea were a much better ambassador for English football than dem 11 white cones Man Utd put out against Barcelona in the final.

In retrospect, I'm sure Sir Alex wouldve been more than glad to have the stifling, physical presence of Essien/Lampard/Ballack in midfield instead of Anderson/Carrick/Giggs.

Compared to the rigors of the semi-final, the final was a cakewalk for Barca yesterday.

They probably thinking the same thing.

Més que un club.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2009, 07:18:50 PM »
Yeah fellas I reach.

A day late, but I been real busy since the game and I want to make sure I find the right words to describe what went on.

Congrats to Barca the team of the year and Messi will probably pick up the player of the year award this year although one of Iniesta or Xavi should run him close. They could easily do a 1,2,3 but the way the nomination and voting does go C. Ronaldo will probably end up somewhere in the mix.

Now for the game, United get outplayed. That ent bad Barca is a good team and there's no shame in losing but they get outclassed on the night. Much of that is Barca just being better man for man but the general play was sloppy. Also Ronaldo had in right in saying that Ferguson got his sums wrong. Anderson just wasn't doing it and get replaced. But once the team was a goal down Park become useless and he shouldna walk out for the 2nd half either. Rooney also get isolated on the wing and the game pass him by. It is also disappointing that they didn't put Ronaldo out wide earlier on the right to test Sylvinho.

United actually had a lot of possession but in the first half Ronaldo was isolated and Barca was able to collapse on him too easy. 2nd half was too many nearly balls and half chances. The opportunities were there to get something but they just were not up for it. With a better performance they probably would have still lost but not look so bad.

In Xavi and Iniesta Barca have 2 bona fide world class playmakers, who not half bad at the physical aspects of the game. COmplete modern midfielders. They also play the kind of football that everybody's try to teach. The front 5 space them selves perfectly and move forward and back as one. When the front three move forward as a line with Xavi/Iniesta in possession defenders don't know when to stick or twist. Just watch Vidic on the 1st goal. Obviously he was too far from Eto'o but if he drift left Iniesta could drive into space and buss a bullet or play into the empty space for Eto'o to steal behind him. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. United on the other hand try diagonal balls that were always too long and into obvious channels.

In retrospect, I'm sure Sir Alex would've been more than glad to have the stifling, physical presence of Essien/Lampard/Ballack in midfield instead of Anderson/Carrick/Giggs.

Good observation but yuh can't play one way all season and then switch it up if you don't have the personnel. They really needed to put pressure on Xavi and Inesita but the most athletic of the 3, Anderson, had a bad game, Fletcher suspended and Hargreaves injured last year. The reason why Chelsea had so much success at slowing Barcelona in midfield as opposed to their back four is that in Essien, Ballack and Mikel they have 3 great athletes (4 if you really count Essien). The good news is that the problems there to be seen and fixed. this game do plenty for the stock of Hargreaves (if he ever play again) and Fletcher. Not so much for Park and the Rooney-Left, Ronaldo-Center formation. This team ent get bad overnight. Looking for them to get back to the final next year.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »

We simply did not show up...

As JDB said our midfield did not press Barca...we gave them 2 feet of space to work with everytime they were on the ball.. We missed Fletcher alot...and Hargreaves as well

Anderson was supposed to be the aggressive ball winner but he like many let the occassion overwhelm him...

We couldnt win the game if we didnt have the ball..and that's exactly what happened...  our midfield lost us the game

I still cant believe we were so out of it... out of all the games to not show up..  it's embarrassing for the club, players and the fans

Hopefully we can add 1 or 2 key additions and hope for an injury and suspension limited season and win the lot next year

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2009, 09:53:34 PM »
yuh know it have men still voting in this poll. ::)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2009, 10:24:55 PM »

As JDB said our midfield did not press Barca...we gave them 2 feet of space to work with everytime they were on the ball.. We missed Fletcher alot...and Hargreaves as well

Anderson was supposed to be the aggressive ball winner but he like many let the occassion overwhelm him...

We couldnt win the game if we didnt have the ball..and that's exactly what happened...  our midfield lost us the game

I still cant believe we were so out of it... out of all the games to not show up..  it's embarrassing for the club, players and the fans

Hopefully we can add 1 or 2 key additions and hope for an injury and suspension limited season and win the lot next year

Man U showed up.  They were up for the game- it showed in the first 10 minutes- they didn't start out flat or anything...and they had their fair share of the breaks (esp within the first 30 mins).  Against other opposition they would have been ok and nobody would be talking about them not showing up.  All that happened is that a better team showed up on the other side of the half line.  Barca is a better team than Man U- full stop. They are more creative, more precise in their passing, and more disciplined in their defensive positioning and recovery when they lose the ball.  And it's not just in this game- it's been that way for most of the season.   (You probably didn't realize it because you probably don't watch la liga enough) Man U had their fair share of the ball but couldn't really make anything happen with it.  They didn't "give" Barca space...Barca created it....(Man U started with two ball winning middies in Park & Anderson and a deep lying central player in Giggs- There was no "giving" of space...Barca midfield outsmarted the opposition and made that space of their own)....When Man U didn't have the ball they tried to cover but ended up chasing, and ultimately couldn't keep up with the intricate patterns in which Barca moves the ball because until now, they hadn't faced a team that could move it around with that kind of precision, pace and creativity...As JDB said, they didn't get bad overnight...they just weren't prepared to face such a high level of technique, precision and quality...and their personnel lacked the individual ability to adapt within the 90 minutes... I watched my poor boys in white get dismantled (even worse) by it a few weeks before and could only shake my head... Sometimes yuh just have to concede...It happens.  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:30:37 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »
Finally saw d game. Nice header Messi. Somebody in bago somebody waitin to copy he on 06/06
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 29, 2009, 05:05:48 AM »
boy I wish TT could have ah passin game like that bertille........yes I said bertille had dem fellas playin ah nice short passin game in 1999-2000 roun dere, I tink, dey use to even get ah lil too cute wit it at times.
I pity the fool....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 29, 2009, 06:02:49 AM »
Filho, wha yuh feel Ronaldinho thinking bout right now.

He leave a side (whether forcibly or not) where he was the star to go to AC where he barely even gets a sweat. All the while watching his apprentice reach the heights where he once was.

I wonder if Pep go even consider buying him back!!

Nah..de past is the past. And maybe Dinho will feel in some ways that he's been there, done that. I'm guessing that the way things going at Barca, Guardiola will feel he can look to the future for success. Study Giovani Dos Santos. Now dat is youth who was misguided proper. Fabregas might be feeling de itch too. But he is young and in a good side and has time to win things, but you get the feeling patience running thin at the Emirates. It would not surprise me when Cech go home for vacation, his boyhood partners like Pique, his family, people on de street will be pressuring him to consider returning home to a club that will take him back in a heartbeat.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 29, 2009, 08:03:46 AM »
All R10 studyin is getting his speed back, Ancelotti's departure and making AC Milan a force so he can make the World Cup team.

Still the best player in the world and one of the best ever.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 29, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »

you still persist in saying they didnt show up??

Incumbent champions don't "not show up" in a CL final to defend a trophy that means so much to a club and to the individual players.

They got beaten by a much better team, plain and simple. The gulf in class was too evident. While Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets were stroking the ball effortlessly in midfield, Carrick, Anderson and Giggs were stretching for balls, playing some hospital passes, and continuously playing the ball back to the safety of the back four. Then resorting to a predictable, long diagonal pass to the wings.

As a matter of fact, I will even go as far as to say that Barcelona still had another gear to go again. If they had put away their chances or been a bit more incisive, Man Utd was good for a 4 goals easy, and who knows if their confidence sapped we couldve seen a repeat of the Real Madrid drubbing.

Sometimes is just to rock back and say yuh get yuh ass cut.

Trust me, thats better than having a legitimate grouse, like a ref thiefing yuh side or something. :devil:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 29, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »
Small Mag can never admit that his side is just inferior at the moment.
Die hard fan. No shame in dat
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 29, 2009, 08:52:54 AM »

I think it's that same die hard, sycophantic nature and some of their absurd, brainless in-your-face style of debate that makes them among the most reviled fans in all of football.  THEY doh see no shame in DAT.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 29, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

I think it's that same die hard, sycophantic nature and some of their absurd, brainless in-your-face style of debate that makes them among the most reviled fans in all of football.  THEY doh see no shame in DAT.

Fuh real.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 29, 2009, 12:51:59 PM »

ya talk ah book in dat post MC
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 29, 2009, 02:17:31 PM »
Ah does like to see when so called wold best defenders get skin out.

Small Mag, I thought Ferdinand and Vidic was going and keep Barca quiet becuase all yuh have all the formations and Barca only have one.

When Vidic eat ah nice cut from Eto'o to score

Too bad Henry eh score to complete ah best move that had the wold's best defender break dancing.

Fuh Real Eh!! IMO dem fellaz is decent defenders but nuttin special....all ah dem edible as we saw...Rio by Vidic by Evra..lol. I still find it disrespecting to think dat dem food could stop d most lethal strike force in the world! I does still laff at the notion that Evra could stop Messi...that's simply ridiculous..lol
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 29, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »

Me eh even read the rest if the post. You does post some real shyte yes. Alyuh get beat off th efield and you talking about you all eh show up. That is ah joke right? You can't be serious about that. The "biggest team" in the world. with the "best manager" in the world, along with the "best players" in the worl, Playing in the BIGGEST FOOTBALL CLUB FINAL IN THE WORLD and you will say your team did not show up. What a joke fella.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 29, 2009, 04:35:10 PM »
Rio FErdinand is a Donkey, and I will always say that. I don't care what anyone say. He is a donkey. What he does in the defense for Man Utd any average defender could do that, stand and kick a ball away. When it comes to defending he is so dumb it not funny. I said he would have showed ho poor his individual defensive skil is and he did. Poor fella.

Alex Fergusson on the biggest day of the year got every single thing wrong. Talk about Rafa cracking up. The man sat on the bench and looked clueless, he could not help his team. He may a very questionable 1st 11, which could only lead him to make crazy subs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 29, 2009, 05:43:27 PM »
i was wondering about eto's celebration so here it is.

Samuel Eto'o: My Goal Comes Thanks To My Father's Blood
After Manchester United had made a good start, they found themselves behind to what the goalscorer believes was an important time to have scored...
27 May 2009 23:21:29

Samuel Eto'o could not hide his delight after scoring to help Barcelona to win the Champions League in Rome against Manchester United on Wednesday evening.

The Cameroonian international put the Catalan outfit ahead after the Red Devils had made a bright start and from then on his side were able to employ their style of play.

With ten minutes on the clock, Eto'o received the ball on the right in the area and he cut inside Nemanja Vidic before beating Edwin van der Sar at the near post.

"The goal came at the most important time," he told Canal Plus. "There is a God up there and there is justice.

"It came at the vital time because it allowed us to go in front.

"I am happy because the team deserved it. But when things like this happen, one does not always know how to celebrate."

Eto'o then explained his gesture of slapping his arm after the goal as he stated that it means "el sangre de mi padre" (my father's blood). "I dedicate this cup to my father, I am very happy, I helped my team to win and that's fantastic," he added.

Lionel Messi netted a second in the 70th minute to hand Barcelona a 2-0 win against the Premier League champions and to give the Catalan heavyweights a unique treble of the Spanish title, the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

1]; } ?>