April 20, 2024, 04:11:54 AM

Author Topic: U-20s work out at Super Eagles home stadium  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-20s work out at Super Eagles home stadium
« on: May 07, 2009, 05:05:18 AM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 20 footballer’s had the opportunity to get close up on one of the famous Stadiums in Africa which some of Nigeria’s greatest footballers have graced over the years as they trained at the Abuja International Stadium on Wednesday afternoon.

After arriving here at 5am on Wednesday (12 midnight T&T time) for three more warm up matches ahead of the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Championship in Egypt in September, skipper Leston Paul and his teammates worked out at the 60,000 all-seater fully covered stadium in Abuja which is the host venue all of Nigeria’s international matches including their World Cup encounter.

The likes of Nwankwo Kanu, Jay Jay Okocha,  Rashidi Yekini, Emmanuel Amunike, Sunday Oliseh and Daniel Amokachi all graced the venue at various times during their international careers.

“It’s a great stadium,” said T&T captain Paul. “We’ve been to a lot of top stadiums on this tour but I think one is maybe the best. Knowing that this is where the Nigeria national team trains and plays it matches gives us a great feeling to know we are also training here and will also be playing on it later this week,” Paul added.

T&T will get the chance to play on the venue on three different dates. They are carded to play Nigeria’s National Under 20 team on May 12 as well as Niger Republic’s National Under 20 team two days earlier. There are options to either play Nigeria’s National Under 17s, a Professional club or another match up with the Under 20s on May 8. T&T were also carded to play Ghana but that African nation is unable to field a squad that is even up to half strength at this time.

Having visited United Arab Emirates and South Korea over the past couple weeks, the T&T contingent will now spend the next seven days on African soil. It is the first team a Trinidad and Tobago National Team will play on Nigerian soil in an international encounter leading up to a World Championship.

Nigeria’s LOC Project Manager and Association Assistant General Secretary Mohammed Sanusi was all to happy to welcome the junior “Soca Warriors”.

“We are really excited to have Trinidad and Tobago in Nigeria. We have been old friends and we hope this visit and friendly matches will further consolidate the already existing relationship,” Sanusi told TTFF Media as he looked at the T&T team train under relatively dry conditions with the temperature being just around 27 degrees.

Sanusi spoke too about Nigeria’s admiration and relationship with FIFA Vice President Jack Warner.

“We have always said that Jack Warner is a Nigerian also. He has shown a lot of understanding and liking for Nigeria and whatever Nigeria has to do for Jack Warner we will always be willing to do it,” Sanusi said. Nigeria are also preparing to host the 2009 FIFA Under 17 World Championship in October.

The entire T&T team is based at the Bolingo Hotel in Abuja with the exception of defender Akeem Adams who returned to Port of Spain on Wednesday because of College Exams commitments later this week.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: U-20s work out at Super Eagles home stadium
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:03:46 AM »
Nigeria under 20 team strong... plently foreign base in it.

Gabriel Baba (FC Lusitano), Lukman Haruna (AS Monaco), Kingsley Udoh (Atlético Madrid), Azeez Balogun (C.F. Os Belenenses), Nike Ajose (Manchester United), Harmony Ikande (AC Milan), Rabiu Ibrahim (Sporting CP), Chrisantus Macauley (Hamburger SV), Nnamdi Oduamadi (AC Milan), Danny Uchechi (Charlton Athletic), Daniel Adejo (Reggina Calcio). Yakubu Alfa (Helsingborgs IF), Kayode Fagbola (St Patrick's Athletic), Innocent Emeghara (FC Zürich), Frank Temile (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Jason Oladele (Longford Town), Ade Runsewe (Skive IK), Kingsley Umunegbu (Salernitana), Jamil Adam (Barnsley F.C.).
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:32:46 AM »
Nigeria under 20 team strong... plently foreign base in it.

Gabriel Baba (FC Lusitano), Lukman Haruna (AS Monaco), Kingsley Udoh (Atlético Madrid), Azeez Balogun (C.F. Os Belenenses), Nike Ajose (Manchester United), Harmony Ikande (AC Milan), Rabiu Ibrahim (Sporting CP), Chrisantus Macauley (Hamburger SV), Nnamdi Oduamadi (AC Milan), Danny Uchechi (Charlton Athletic), Daniel Adejo (Reggina Calcio). Yakubu Alfa (Helsingborgs IF), Kayode Fagbola (St Patrick's Athletic), Innocent Emeghara (FC Zürich), Frank Temile (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Jason Oladele (Longford Town), Ade Runsewe (Skive IK), Kingsley Umunegbu (Salernitana), Jamil Adam (Barnsley F.C.).

WOW.... they have more pros than our senior side.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:45:58 AM »
Anybody smell another cutarse coming up fuh we under 20's?

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:49:25 AM »
good exercise for them youths. now people realising the strength of other countries youth programs. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 07:10:51 AM »

at least them playing more competitive matches than our senior team, they will improve licks or no licks.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:13:26 AM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

T&T will get the chance to play on the venue on three different dates. They are carded to play Nigeria’s National Under 20 team on May 12 as well as Niger Republic’s National Under 20 team two days earlier. There are options to either play Nigeria’s National Under 17s, a Professional club or another match up with the Under 20s on May 8. T&T were also carded to play Ghana but that African nation is unable to field a squad that is even up to half strength at this time.

they better play the nigerian under 20 team or the  pro club  ......  
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 07:40:55 AM »

Smell it HA I could taste, drink it breathe it, our team is too weak

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 08:02:25 AM »

at least them playing more competitive matches than our senior team, they will improve licks or no licks.

Leh we really hope so eh....

How come is only Akeem Adams have exams ?  All them other fellas ent leave school yet.
What about Molino and Paul and others ?
Now I wondering when those exams are, because the team on tour for a while and one wonders if them fellas was pulling at least a lil bit of draff during the tour...how they go make out  ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:06:57 AM »

ah ha mih two can ah Air Wick ready tuh spray

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »
Allyuh know the Nigerian U20 team is they men's team  :devil:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 08:26:34 AM »
I get numerous cutarse in my lifetime. I learned from most of them.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:36 AM »
Alyuh men is real negatives boy wey sah. For big men. Yuh know alyuh doh blaze Latas, Yorke, Edwards and them so when they playing all that shyte. Alyuh does find excuse for big men who getting pay. But, the lil youth men and them who trying to learn the trade still alyuh crying them down. Jokers all ah alyuh. Yuh could cuss, call meh names I don't care. JOKERS.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 09:56:42 AM »
Every team on this tour has more professional players in their ranks than us. Even Mexico and Costa Rica U17 sides have more prof ballers in their line up than us RIGHT NOW.  This team punches above their weight, best in the Caribbean. But the last league most of these fellas play was Intercol.

Basically, is CIC and Mucarapo against Athletico Madrid and Manchester United. At their best they capable of holding them down to 2 or 3. That would be respectable.

If they lapse they taking at least 4 or 5.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 09:58:32 AM »
these fellas better make the best of this opportunity. i am glad they getting to see how real football programs supposed to run.    best of luck to the youthmen....vibes it up fellas!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 10:22:15 AM »

Flying Eagles in training

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 10:33:16 AM »
hmmmmmmm....no comment...i just don't wanted to say anything....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 10:44:48 AM »
hmmmmmmm....no comment...i just don't wanted to say anything....

its genetics
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 11:52:59 AM »
ok. enough talk. time to put the ball in the net and win

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »

Dah #8 should be playin in a Over 35 League  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
Since Gay, Hyland and whoever else in Europe why didn't they go there. They could have played some club sides. Given players exposure to scouts and had the opp to train the full pool. I not saying that the UAE Korea, Nigeria matches not helpful but if we want to progress then we have to get the youths foreign contracts. Maximizing money spent in my mind would have been touring Europe. 
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »
Since Gay, Hyland and whoever else in Europe why didn't they go there.

Gay is injured and Hyland is a regular starter for his club.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
Allyuh know the Nigerian U20 team is they men's team  :devil:

ent. good one.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 12:47:39 PM »

do dese flyin eagles look like dey want to get beat by a bunch of secondary school football players. hey ttfeeblefederation, hey ssfootballflatfoots, hey, so call tt professional football league, does it look like any one of your so call professional football teams could beat dese flyin eagles. aye, senior team coache, do you think your so call national senior team could beat dese flyin eagles. allyuh fakin it. dis is jus another opportunity for jackie and the whispers to get richer. enough is enough. how long will the people of tnt continue to be suckers, enough is enough. i know i had enough. jackie and whispers have to be shot with doodoo.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »

I am pretty sure hyland is at these guys level and could start on this team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 01:47:52 PM »

do dese flyin eagles look like dey want to get beat by a bunch of secondary school football players. hey ttfeeblefederation, hey ssfootballflatfoots, hey, so call tt professional football league, does it look like any one of your so call professional football teams could beat dese flyin eagles. aye, senior team coache, do you think your so call national senior team could beat dese flyin eagles. allyuh fakin it. dis is jus another opportunity for jackie and the whispers to get richer. enough is enough. how long will the people of tnt continue to be suckers, enough is enough. i know i had enough. jackie and whispers have to be shot with doodoo.

FIFA cyar certify them fellas ages man...Those African countries cheap so much similar to what Dominicans do in baseball.  It's all about cheating.  Everybody knows that.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »
While it is true that there are many cases of fraud in the age group football, all yuh can't take anything away from the African talent. They just have it. They eat, sleep and breath it. Them guys are hungry(literally and real). Nigeria is not small fry in football. Let me tell all yuh, Brazil, Arg, Italy, France, RESPECT Nigerian and Cameroon football. That ain't no joke!!!!!

But to be honest TT is a great island for it size. We are overachievers in all sports. We have done amazing things with that tiny talent pool of ours. Our football could have done more, but I done want to reharsh the same complaints. But good luck to the guys. I just hope they learn from this tour. These guys are so fortunate to be on a world-wind tour before the WC.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »

Leh we really hope so eh....

How come is only Akeem Adams have exams ?  All them other fellas ent leave school yet.
What about Molino and Paul and others ?
Now I wondering when those exams are, because the team on tour for a while and one wonders if them fellas was pulling at least a lil bit of draff during the tour...how they go make out  ???

D Caps player has exams and it is believe dat he will get another yr in school.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »
Real players fear no one.  Bring your best games and lets go.  Only punks buckle.  We could take em.

Go T&T
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>