March 29, 2024, 08:58:13 AM

Author Topic: Local based  (Read 12951 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Local based
« on: May 07, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
I trying to get some info on an accident that happen early this morning somewhere round the claxton bay area. A family friend was involved and everybody home kinda too shaken up for details. From what I gather the young men were returning home from a night out and lost control of the car or something. I ent know what they hit. The only thing that I do know is all of them dead. someone tell me they were all wearing belts and the car catch fire and they couldnt get out.

Any info or newsclips or anything would be appreciated.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Local based
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »
Three die in fatal car accident on the Solomon Hochoy Highway
Thursday 7th May, 2009

http://ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=12084

It was a horrific crash.

It happened at a spot along the Solomon Hochoy highway where over the years several people have died.

This morning three more lost their lives as the car they were in, crashed and burned.

Shandath Ramdeen the father of the driver Nicholas Ramdeen said he had often warned his son about the pace of his life.

After liming at the Zen nightclub 26-year-old Ramdeen left the club for home in the company of his friends 25-year-old Chris Ramlogan and Yohan Saney.

Ramlogan sat in the front passenger seat with Saney in the back.

Ramdeen's turbo charged Nissan b-14 motorcar crashed into an embankment before the car burst into flames.

Even after removing the body of Saney, fire officers spent a considerable amount of time trying to remove the charred bodies of the two men in the front seat.

Their bodies had become stuck to the car's interior by the intense heat of the fire.

Several curious onlookers lined the flyover.

Curious motorists on the northbound lane stopped to catch a glimpse led to at least five accidents, in most cases motorists slamming into the back of another vehicle.

Police were later forced to slow traffic to avoid any further accidents.

At Ramlogan's Gasparillo home relatives consoled one another moments after receiving the tragic news.

Nicholas Jaggernauth who considered the trio his best friends and spent yesterday evening with them watching the champion's league 2nd semi final game said life won't be the same without them.

Officers of the St Margaret's police station are continuing investigations into the fatal crash.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »
Patterson is that the place with the statue of the girl on the hill .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:10 PM »

Thanks Patterson.

Zuluwarrior, is that the headless statue you mean? the one that allegedly haunted? I never found out the story behind that statue.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
Sorry 2 hear bout your loss.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »
very sad day. these three brethren went to naps with me including one who went to primary school with me also.

this, after the news of roy jagroopsingh passing, makes it a tough week for naparima college men everywhere

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:17:27 PM »

Thanks Patterson.

Zuluwarrior, is that the headless statue you mean? the one that allegedly haunted? I never found out the story behind that statue.

explain , first time i hearing about this
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 07:23:31 PM »
Dont know the story behind it but the saying is that most of the times it have ah accident near that statue the survivor say hs saw ah little white gul crossing the highway and the driver would try to swerve away so he would not hit she .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »
Dont know the story behind it but the saying is that most of the times it have ah accident near that statue the survivor say hs saw ah little white gul crossing the highway and the driver would try to swerve away so he would not hit she .

:o wow. first time i hearing this.
Youtube Channel

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »
Along the Solomon Hochoy Highway in the vicinity of the Claxton Bay Exit, tales are told of motorists who see a young lady walking across the highway directly in front of them. Providing an interesting addition to this story is the statue of a young lady that is located immediately before the exit, on a low hill on the western side of the highway near to the TSTT cell tower.

The legend behind the statue is that during the early 20th century, when Indian indentured labour was still used in Trinidad, there was a plantation in the vicinity operated by a Spanish family. The daughter of the plantation owner, Maria, had fallen in love with an Indian labourer and the two lovers had planned to get married. It is said that the father saw the two lovers together, realized the relationship and became furious. That night the father beat his daughter and told her to end the relationship. Maria refused and said that she would rather die. The father then told his other workers to kill the labourer. Maria heard of her father’s plan and ran to tell her lover. On crossing the road, she was bitten by a snake but driven by love she continued running. Weakened however by the snake bite, she fell to her death from the hill next to the road. Her father overcome by grief built a statue on the hill where she died. It is therefore said that the apparition, seen crossing the highway at night, is Maria trying to reach her lover.

Of her Indian lover, he was never seen again.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »
interesting story, i wonder if it true
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »
oh shoot i remember that story. the statue is by the north bound side of butler highway before the over pass..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 08:16:38 PM »
oh shoot i remember that story. the statue is by the north bound side of butler highway before the over pass..

anybody have a pick of it
Youtube Channel

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 08:21:27 PM »
thats is the statue that missing it's head too?

Sinned, grew up next door to one of them, I was much older, now making my moms laugh remembering the man in diapers, but he and his brothers and my brother were real close, real liming pals. My brother now telling me he know the others in the car real well too, all of them used to hang. 

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »
everyone around my age from south knows them.
That statue story does still make me nervous cuz i hadda turn off there to go home. Driving home alone at like 3am yuh always remember the story. Plays with yuh mind
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:54 PM »
Three friends perish in car crash
Anika Gumbs-Sandiford | 9:25 pm
Published: May 8, 2009

Three best friends who refused to heed their parents’ warning against drinking and driving were burnt to death in a vehicular accident yesterday while returning from a popular nightclub in Port-of-Spain. They have been identified as Nicholas Ramdeen, 26, of Palmyra, Chris Ramlagan, 25, of Gasparillo, and Johann Saney, 23, of Palmiste. Police said Ramdeen, a Petrotrin operator, and Ramlagan, a biochemist, had gone to the popular nightclub with Saney who was studying mechanical engineering.

Tragedy struck around 4.30 am in the vicinity of the Claxton Bay Flyover. Police said Ramdeen was driving a white B14 Nissan Sentra along the Solomon Hochoy Highway when he lost control of the car and ran off the road. The car, police said, slammed into the railing and landed on the embankment before bursting into flames. All three men were burnt to death. Drivers who witnessed the accident contacted the San Fernando Police and Fire Station.

The fire officers battled for almost two hours to remove the burnt corpses from the car. The officers were also forced to use the jaws of life. The accident caused a massive traffic jam along the north and southbound lanes of the highway by drivers who all wanted to catch a glimpse of the accident.
The curiosity of the drivers resulted in 16 cars being involved in several minor accidents, among them a Prisons Service van. At the bereaved homes yesterday, Ramlagan’s brother Ryan fell to the ground on learning of his brother’s death. Holding his head, Ryan bawled: “Oh God! Oh God!. I fed up talk to him. I talked to him, I told him to be careful. What happen here...I do not know, Oh God! I talked to him, what to do?”

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 06:40:08 AM »
johann shaney was studying mechanical engineering in uwi..probably a year above me...wen ah tell yuh..dat was one ah d most gifted ballers tuh ever pass tru uwi..was one ah d regulars in d 'KFC' sweat it used to have..and he was ah rel cool soldier too even tho i didnt kno him that personally..RIP

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 09:28:15 AM »

Three best friends who refused to heed their parents’ warning against drinking and driving were burnt to death in a vehicular accident yesterday while returning from a popular nightclub in Port-of-Spain.

In the absence of a toxicology report, I don't think this should be included.

Condolences to the families. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »

Three best friends who refused to heed their parents’ warning against drinking and driving were burnt to death in a vehicular accident yesterday while returning from a popular nightclub in Port-of-Spain.

In a serious country dat would not b in d story. But we media could not cover a celebritypregnancy accurately do u expect dem to b concern whether d fellas was drunk or not.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »
condolences but honestly it probably true they were drinking. Even their friends on facebook now begging people to not drink and drive. Sad thing is are the friends going to learn from this horrible accident?
Look one of my friends died in an accident at Westmooring's traffic lights. Man wasn't even drinking. At the funeral his father begged that his sons friends be responsible and be careful on the road. Yet men get drunk after the funeral and drive home!
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 10:18:12 AM »
condolences but honestly it probably true they were drinking. Even their friends on facebook now begging people to not drink and drive. Sad thing is are the friends going to learn from this horrible accident?
Look one of my friends died in an accident at Westmooring's traffic lights. Man wasn't even drinking. At the funeral his father begged that his sons friends be responsible and be careful on the road. Yet men get drunk after the funeral and drive home!

I suspect dey was drunk like some sailours but wait till d autopsy say so. Dem same facebook posse drunk this weekend. It would b nice if dey wake eh have no liquor dat go show dat dey serious but doubt it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »

No one has accused them of drinking and driving... the insinuation is there but if anything that comes from the family, the writer is only reporting what the parents admonishments.  At any rate in a single-car accident driver error is the likely culprit... even more alarming since such error resulted in the loss of three promising lives.  I think the bigger message is that people need to exercise better care on the roads.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »

No one has accused them of drinking and driving... the insinuation is there but if anything that comes from the family, the writer is only reporting what the parents admonishments.  At any rate in a single-car accident driver error is the likely culprit... even more alarming since such error resulted in the loss of three promising lives.  I think the bigger message is that people need to exercise better care on the roads.

I understand fully that there isn't an actual accusation in there but I don't think that tone is appropriate.   Even if they want to include the parents' admonishments, surely they don't have to start the article off with that.

I'm sure the message about road safety could be conveyed just as effectively without the sensationalism.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 01:08:09 PM »
RIP Naps brethren.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 01:34:37 PM »

I understand fully that there isn't an actual accusation in there but I don't think that tone is appropriate.   Even if they want to include the parents' admonishments, surely they don't have to start the article off with that.

I'm sure the message about road safety could be conveyed just as effectively without the sensationalism.

Well I won't sidetrack the thread out of respect for those who feel a sense of loss for the victims, but I see nothing sensationalist at all about the sentence... it came from mouths of the family, like it or not it's part of the story.  Had the family instead said "yuh know how long I telling him about de steering problems dat car was giving?"  Absent a mechanic's report... would the inclusion of that sentence be sensationalist?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 01:37:13 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
Condolences to the family.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 03:41:54 PM »
Condolences to the families!!!!!!!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »

yea my brother said he fed up talk  bout that. It was a senseless accident that didnt have to happen. I agree with you that most people will not learn from that. Some will take heed, and they may stay away from the clubs tonight or even for the weekend, but you know too soon all going back to the normal.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:02:28 PM by verycute1 »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
car burst into flames upon impact which can only mean they had NOS plusd news said d car was turbo charged so prolly they were going fast and i guess d slightest miscontrol wud prove fatal..thaz my take on it..since dey comin home from zen so prolly a lil alco was involved..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 05:27:10 PM »
car burst into flames upon impact which can only mean they had NOS plusd news said d car was turbo charged so prolly they were going fast and i guess d slightest miscontrol wud prove fatal..thaz my take on it..since dey comin home from zen so prolly a lil alco was involved..

When I heard that the car burst into flames my first thought was the car was suped up in some way.  Any body remember the accident near Trincity about 3 years ago where a car slam into another one and immediately burst into flames and a girl in her teens died?  Sad thing is she was NOT in the car that caused the infraction but rather was just sitting in her father's car waiting for the light to change.  That was the first time I heard about some gas that fellas use in their cars to make it go faster.

On another note it is said that these fellas were brilliant academically, but what is the point of all that if you making some dotish extra curicular decisions that just results in pain and heartache for everybody involved?......steups..

Condolences the gentlemen's family....

NEXT!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>