March 28, 2024, 06:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Who is the best African striker in the world at the moment?  (Read 6166 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the best African striker in the world at the moment?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »
who the f****k CARE. WHO IS THE BEST TNT STRIKER AT THE MOMENT THAT COULD GET WE SOME GOALS TO MOVE ON IN THE HEX? THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD ALL BE THINKING AND FOCUSING ON!!!!

Who took the jam outta your doughnut?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »
who the f****k CARE. WHO IS THE BEST TNT STRIKER AT THE MOMENT THAT COULD GET WE SOME GOALS TO MOVE ON IN THE HEX? THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD ALL BE THINKING AND FOCUSING ON!!!!

Who took the jam outta your doughnut?
ah boy yuh doh want meh tuh tell yuh....but frankly I am not convinced that by looking at the yampee in anther's eyes without looking at our own first. So I go done the talk. 2014  should be better.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
real tough question but i would have to say Eto'o by a fraction, solely on the basis of consistency and 'clinical-ness'..

Eto'o and Drogba are different types of strikers.. one is a battering ram, the other is a gazelle..

but with that said, if Drogba was consistent he would be the best by a mile. At his best, Drogba is simply unplayable.. Also, what he have better than Eto'o is that he does utterly dominate defenders in big matchups against big teams over the years eg. against Liverpool, Barcelona, Man Utd, Arsenal..

Drogba problem is his mental.. If he not playing drama queen, is because he feeling underappreciated.. and if he not feeling underappreciated, is because he lost his hunger for the game etc etc etc..

Martins have the talent to be up there with them fellahs but he need to be at a better team. Adebayor good but still have a lil way to go to be on that level and he inconsistent too.

Zaki doh belong in this discussion. Man had a good 10 games for the season and thought he reach..

It have some other good african strikers in Europe that deserve a mention like Kanoute, Pierre Webo, Aruna Kone and that fellah from Marseille, Niang i think.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:40:12 AM by omarldinho »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
He ultimately said it best "ees ah deesgwayce... ees ah f**king deesgwayce".

As upset as I am about that loss this still ha me laughin oui  :rotfl:

De man sound like Poca dey... and he blue vex to eh.  I was dying  :rotfl:

Ok I want to laugh too but all yuh need to translate.... ???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 01:02:27 PM »
Ah wonder wha them drogba fans thinking bout now? one chance one goal eto! whey boy
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »
Ah wonder wha them drogba fans thinking bout now? one chance one goal eto! whey boy

Doh study dem Drogba fans nah, there are none as blind as those who will not see!!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »

Doh study dem Drogba fans nah, there are none as blind as those who will not see!!

Fuh Real eh..lol. But Samu is still d boss on most if not every level...more specifically..touches like WOW!! Didier has the touch of a rapist and ah loss rell respect fuh him cuz he does fake too much fuh ah big strong creole! He need to cut down on the theatrics until then is 2nd place fuh he jus like Man Boo!!   :devil:
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »
Eto'o the Great

By Piers Edwards
BBC Sport

Eto'o is the first African to score in two Champions League finals
Samuel Eto'o can lay claim to being the most decorated African footballer in history following Barcelona's Champions League triumph on Wednesday night.

Barca's 2-0 victory over Manchester United in Rome handed the 28-year-old Cameroonian the second Champions League medal of his career.
No other African has a pair of winners' medals from Europe's top competition.
His 10th minute goal also made him the first African to score in two Champions League finals.
In the 2006 final against Arsenal, which Barcelona won 2-1 in Paris, the Cameroonian slotted home a 76th-minute equaliser from close range.
In addition to his Champions League medals, Eto'o has also won Olympic gold (2000), two African Nations Cups (2000 and 2002), two Spanish Cups and three Spanish leagues.

I want to dedicate the title to Spain, my family, my parents and this team that deserves everything it has got
Samuel Eto'o
He is the only man to have won three African Footballer of the Year titles (2003-2005) and is also the record goal scorer in the 52-year history of the African Nations Cup - having claimed his 16th goal last year.
In 2006, Eto'o also became the first African to top the scoring charts in one of the big three European leagues of Spain, Italy and England. He lifted the 'pichichi' for netting 26 goals in Spain.
Prior to Eto'o, only Rabah Madjer had ever scored in a European Cup final. The Algerian netted a famous back-heel in 1987 which contributed to FC Porto's narrow 2-1 triumph against Bayern Munich.
And while the likes of Zimbabwe's Bruce Grobbelaar (Liverpool), Ghana's Abedi Pele (Marseille) and compatriot Sammy Kuffuor (Bayern Munich) all contested two European Cup finals, they only ever managed to win one title apiece.
Many Nigerians often claim that Kanu is Africa's most decorated footballer, with his trophy cabinet displaying medals for the Champions League, UEFA Cup, Olympic Games, six domestic championships (including two Premier League titles) as well as three FA Cups.
Yet the twice-crowned African Footballer of the Year has never won the Nations Cup and has only picked up the one Champions League medal, earned with Dutch side Ajax Amsterdam in 1995 (alongside compatriot Finidi George).
Considering the Champions League is seen as the pinnacle of club football throughout the world, Eto'o's achievements must be treated with respect.
Such a feat looked a long way off last June when coach Pep Guardiola announced that the Cameroonian did not feature in his long-term plans shortly after taking charge of the Catalan club.
Yet Eto'o's hard work in pre-season won over the legendary Barca midfielder, who has been rewarded by the striker's incredible tally of 29 league goals in only 35 matches this season.
--

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2009, 10:33:17 AM »
Who is the best African striker in the world at the moment?
De Egyptian fella
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »
When Barca score 2...you know Eto'o score one of them 9/10 times.

When Chelsea score 3, u's hadda wonder how much Lampard score before you even conisder if Drogba was on the field.

Eto's competing with Henry/Ronaldinho and Messi and still scoring 20 plus every season. Drogba competing with...Lampard(!) and Anelka(?), and still cah outscore Eto'o.

Adebayor doh even make this argument cause is only injury keeping Van Persie and Eduardo from showing how wasteful a striker he really is.

Class is class...Drogba have power and pace, but Eto'o is the best in the world right now, with only Torres able to put a question mark next to that.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »
Allyuh tink Eto'o would perform de same way if he was at Chelsea?

How about Drogba at Barca?

Drogba at Arsenal?

Eto'o benifits tremendously from the team he is playing with.

He is NOT the main scoring threat on his team.  Henry, Messi, with Xavi & Iniesta providing service.  Eto'o is a great player no doubt....but he GREATLY benefits from the supporting cast around him.  His supporting cast is the best in football as was conculsively shown this past Wednesday.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2009, 11:55:56 AM »
whey now we blaming it on the players around him. Eto does create real goal

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »

Drogba at Arsenal?

He is NOT the main scoring threat on his team.  Henry, Messi, with Xavi & Iniesta providing service.  Eto'o is a great player no doubt....but he GREATLY benefits from the supporting cast around him.  His supporting cast is the best in football as was conculsively shown this past Wednesday.

I doh understand your point...

At this level, every top forward benefits from his supporting cast. Doesn't every top forward mentioned here count on support from world class players? Why wouldn't he perform the same way at Chelsea? As long as he can adapt to English football, a great player is a great player, and I don't think there's any doubt that Eto'o is one.

Dont get it twisted. Eto'o been bussin de net since he was at Mallorca.

Furthermore, you go on to say that Eto'o is not the main scoring threat on his team.

So how de ass he top de scoring charts ???
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:10:08 PM by omarldinho »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »

Drogba at Arsenal?

At this level, every top forward benefits from his supporting cast. Doesn't every top forward mentioned here count on support from world class players? Why wouldn't he perform the same way at Chelsea? As long as he can adapt to English football, a great player is a great player, and I don't think there's any doubt that Eto'o is one.

Furthermore, you go on to say that Eto'o is not the main scoring threat on his team.

1 - My mistake.  Didn't mean to say not the main scoring threat.  Obviously he is.  I meant to say not the ONLY scoring threat.

2 - Chelsea's supporting cast is not anywhere near Barca's

3 - You're comparing players who are in teams with different styles of play. Drogba would likely get more chances per game playing at Barca than he would playing at Chelsea, even though he would not be the ONLY scoring threat.  Why?  Because Barca simply creates a ton more scoring chances than any other club team on the planet.  Eto'o benefits from being in Barca's team, as would Drogba were he in Eto'o's place.  Then one can make a more accurate comparison IMO.  Same if it were reversed

4 - I never disputed that Eto'o is a great player.  I said as much in my post. 

But you're entitled to your opinion
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:15:48 PM by palos »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »

Drogba at Arsenal?

1 - My mistake.  Didin't mean to say not the main scoring threat.  Obviously he is.  I meant to say not the ONLY scoring threat.

2 - Chelsea's supporting cast is not anywhere near Barca's

3 - You're comparing players who are in teams with different styles of play. Drogba would likely get more chances per game playing at Barca than he would playing at Chelsea, even though he would not be the ONLY scoring threat.  Why?  Because Barca simply creates a ton more scoring chances than any other club team on the planet.

4 - I never disputed that Eto'o is a great player.  I said as much in my post. 

But you're entitled to your

I don't see how you could come to that conclusion after the final or this whole season for that matter.. Eto'o been bussing the net season after season, at Mallorca, in good Barcelona teams and in bad Barcelona teams..

You say Drogba would get more chances if he goes to Barcelona, but I not so sure. Just like would happen if Eto'o goes to Chelsea, Drogba would have to adapt to Spanish football before he could get back to his level. He doesn't have the positioning and is nowhere as clinical as Eto'o and his battering ram kinda style not gonna cut it in Spain.

Look at Thierry Henry. How much goals he score in Spain when he moved to a much better supporting cast when he was supposedly one of the best players in the game? Look at Gudjohnsen who was a good player with Chelsea but is a bit part with Barcelona. Is not because they throw yuh in ah side with ballers it mean yuh go shine.

Because Eto'o plays in a great team doesn't mean you can hold that against him..

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »

Even when they were second to Real, Eto'o was bussing net, more than Van Nisterooy, far less his supporting cast. Eto'o bound to score more than anybody in the world for the past 3 to 4 years. These are their comparitive stats, you can draw your own conclusions. I draw mine already.

Eto'o at Barca
               Pl   G
2004-05   45 29
2005-06   48 34
2006-07   26 13
2007-08   28 18
2008-09   51 35
Total     198 129

Drogba at Chelsea
              Pl    G
2004-05   41 16
2005-06   40 16
2006-07   60 33
2007-08   29 15
2008-09   39 13
Total     209 93

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »
I don't see how you could come to that conclusion after the final or this whole season for that matter.. Eto'o been bussing the net season after season, at Mallorca, in good Barcelona teams and in bad Barcelona teams..

You say Drogba would get more chances if he goes to Barcelona, but I not so sure. Just like would happen if Eto'o goes to Chelsea, Drogba would have to adapt to Spanish football before he could get back to his level. He doesn't have the positioning and is nowhere as clinical as Eto'o and his battering ram kinda style not gonna cut it in Spain.

Look at Thierry Henry. How much goals he score in Spain when he moved to a much better supporting cast when he was supposedly one of the best players in the game? Look at Gudjohnsen who was a good player with Chelsea but is a bit part with Barcelona. Is not because they throw yuh in ah side with ballers it mean yuh go shine.

Because Eto'o plays in a great team doesn't mean you can hold that against him..

As ah say...u entitled to your opinion just as much as I am entitled to mine.

Respeck

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »

1 - My mistake.  Didn't mean to say not the main scoring threat.  Obviously he is.  I meant to say not the ONLY scoring threat.

Palos, that was my point. Eto'o hadda compete for goals more than Drogba does, yet he still scores more. I guess a better way is to see who scores a larger percentage of their teams goals. This year I feel Drogba mighta win that one if he was playing for the whole season, but I pretty sure Eto'o woulda win for the previous years even though Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi all are heavy scorers as compared to Lampard alone for Chelsea.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 12:26:56 PM »

Even when they were second to Real, Eto'o was bussing net, more than Van Nisterooy, far less his supporting cast. Eto'o bound to score more than anybody in the world for the past 3 to 4 years. These are their comparitive stats, you can draw your own conclusions. I draw mine already.

Eto'o at Barca
               Pl   G
2004-05   45 29
2005-06   48 34
2006-07   26 13
2007-08   28 18
2008-09   51 35
Total     198 129

Drogba at Chelsea
              Pl    G
2004-05   41 16
2005-06   40 16
2006-07   60 33
2007-08   29 15
2008-09   39 13
Total     209 93

Of course you conveniently neglect to mention that those early years for Chelsea were the Jose "I'll take a 1-0 victory at all costs" Mourinho while Barca's free wheeling style was in evidence regardless of whether it was Pep or Rijkaard as coach or that Dinho and Deco was pullin strings in Barca midfield in dem early times too.

But you as well are entitled to your conclusion.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 12:30:26 PM »

Eto'o at Barca
               Pl   G
2004-05   45 29
2005-06   48 34
2006-07   26 13
2007-08   28 18
2008-09   51 35
Total     198 129

Drogba at Chelsea
              Pl    G
2004-05   41 16
2005-06   40 16
2006-07   60 33
2007-08   29 15
2008-09   39 13
Total     209 93

Of course you conveniently neglect to mention that those early years for Chelsea were the Jose "I'll take a 1-0 victory at all costs" Mourinho while Barca's free wheeling style was in evidence regardless of whether it was Pep or Rijkaard as coach or that Dinho and Deco was pullin strings in Barca midfield in dem early times too.

But you as well are entitled to your conclusion.

so lemme do like you and just ask questions.

whaz your criteria for judging the best striker?

since is obviously not goals, and is not when you playing in a best side, edify we lil bit nuh.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
Well the first year was when Robben and Duff was in ripping form and he only manage 16 when people didn't know if he was good or not. But, like u say before, everybody entitled to their opinion and 3 years ago I woulda be fighting the same way for Shevnchenko and I woulda be proven wrong.

In other words, I accept that Eto'o could go to Chelsea and not do as well as Drogba has.  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
On their day, there's nothing separating their abilities to score goals/impact a game...There really isn't.

But based on the record you'd have to give Eto'o the nod on pure finishing...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:49:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
Eto...hand down?

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 02:06:55 PM »

Drogba at Arsenal?

Dont get it twisted. Eto'o been bussin de net since he was at Mallorca.

Well said Dinho!!! I agree 100%
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

1]; } ?>