March 28, 2024, 12:56:48 PM

Author Topic: Who is the best African striker in the world at the moment?  (Read 6164 times)

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Today ah get in a heated argument with a man about this subject. He was convinced that Drogba was that person. You could tell he was a Chelsea man because he just wasn't hearing it and the brother was going down with he Drogba hook and sinker, With the likes of men like Eto, Adebayor and Amr Zaki Yuh just cah put the crown on Drogba head just so. Ah feel Eto wearing that crown with ease. Ah hope is just not me who feel that way. Ah doh mind putting him a lil second behind Samuel presently
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the best African striker in the world at the moment?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
Today ah get in a heated argument with a man about this subject. He was convinced that Drogba was that person. You could tell he was a Chelsea man because he just wasn't hearing it and the brother was going down with he Drogba hook and sinker, With the likes of men like Eto, Adebayor and Amr Zaki Yuh just cah put the crown on Drogba head just so. Ah feel Eto wearing that crown with ease. Ah hope is just not me who feel that way. Ah doh mind putting him a lil second behind Samuel presently

Correk is right
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »
Reticent to admit it...but I have to give it to Drobga right now. Eto'o have a more level head though.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »
If I had to choose one of those guys to put on my team, I'd say Eto...I have much respect for both players but I think Eto has more skill, is clever and is a better goal scorer plus he can create opportunities for others around him.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
I think Adebayor is right up there with them. 

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »
Like allyuh aint see how ordinary ETTO was against Chelsea. Drogba by a mile.Is strikers we talking about.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 02:32:43 PM »
When you drop 7 and 8 men behind the ball and two and three men putting pressure the ball i ain't sure how much men could deal with that nah. So its fair to say that we cah just judge men on that one game. In the same breath I ain't feel Eto missing some of them opportunities Drogba get in that game. But then its just how I feel
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:02:19 PM by nnyman18 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 02:32:58 PM »
Eto'o...

Drogba too inconsistent... a product of his temperamentality.  When he wants to he can be on top of his game, however when the focus isn't there and he'd rather engage in 'gamesmanship' looking for whistles he can be a detriment to his team... as he was yesterday.  He ultimately said it best "ees ah deesgwayce... ees ah f**king deesgwayce".

Zaki and Adebayor ent ready in my book... particularly Zaki.  Adebayor sandwiches moments of brilliance in between extended periods of mediorcrity... but I still think he's on the cusp of superstardom.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »
Although Barcelona is mey team, ah like Chelsea also and Drogba is meh choice. Ah sorry boi Eto, it is very close im y book, but when you in form and Drogba in form, ah have tuh go wid Drogba. Nnyman18, yuh have some big names listed in yuh thread sah, but Drogba all de way fuh me sah. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:38:53 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 02:50:46 PM »
When you drop 7 and 8 men behind the ball and putting two and three men putting pressure the ball i ain't sure how much men could deal with that nah. So its fair to say that we cah just judge men on that one game. In the same breath I ain't feel Eto missing some of them opportunities Drogba get in that game. But then its just how I feel

agreed. for me Eto, then Drogba.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 03:05:55 PM »
Eto by ten thousand miles.........

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 03:50:55 PM »
Drogba at his best is better than Eto'o imo. But Eto'o is more consistent. At the same time all this talk about Zaki and Adebayor make me realize is only EPL man does watch. After Drogba and Eto'o, Frederik Kanoute is the best African striker at the moment. Obafemi Martins better than Zaki, and Adebayor anyhow..he just need to get out of newcastle...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
He ultimately said it best "ees ah deesgwayce... ees ah f**king deesgwayce".

As upset as I am about that loss this still ha me laughin oui  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 04:46:02 PM »

De man sound like Poca dey... and he blue vex to eh.  I was dying  :rotfl:

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »

All Topah Top strikers in yuh list.  Its Hard to say who is actually the best.....but I think I can safely say its not Zaki...at the moment

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
Like allyuh forgetting the ultimate pocher!! like the saying goes= feed the yak and he will score!!! my vote is for yakobu.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 06:35:43 PM »
hmm  i will have to go with didier drogba but its a close one between him and eto

nah ah just refresh mi memory it go have  2 b eto
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:02:13 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »
Cyah go wrong with either Eto'o or Drogba....

But I'll give Drogba the crown.  Watching Drogba play for the Ivory Coast (WC '06) revealed how much more complete of a player he is for his nat'l team than he is for Chelsea... He drops alot deeper and actually distributes the ball in his role for the IC (at least last WC)...When he's on his game he's a freak of nature.  Other than his diving he's a coach's dream. 

Adebayor third.

Outside of striker Christian Romaric (Sevilla) is one of the better African talents I've seen in recent years.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:12:18 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 07:14:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1rhTzfmplU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B1rhTzfmplU</a> ETO

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UmYrrMR3Ag&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3UmYrrMR3Ag&amp;feature=related</a> DROGBA
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »
Whey boy men make some serious argument for drogba and just when I almost fell into that trap freakazoid send them clips and seal the deal for me yes. Samuel boy saddest capping keepers like it going out sh style plus he doh cry like the Drogs lol:) :) Thanks for clearing it up for me fellas

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 12:05:15 AM »

De man sound like Poca dey... and he blue vex to eh.  I was dying  :rotfl:

Interesting choice of words.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 12:26:28 AM »
While I agree with Kicker as far as Drogba's contribution to his National Team is concerned, (he is practically a GOD in IC and on that team.  All the players look up to him!) I also have to agree with what a couple other posters said about him as far as his club football is concerned and most of these guys play more club than international football.  He spends too much time for me being DDQ than Didier Drogba, football player.  Eto'o may have a bad game or two and look completely out of it (like he did this rounds against Chelsea) but otherwise, his work rate, skill and finishing puts him ahead of Drogba in my book.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 12:30:33 AM »
Drogba... Eto was for the last two years.. and he is tops also...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »
Voting on the FIFA website has Eto'o ahead by a significant margin ... 42.39% of the tally. Talk done? And the winner is Eto'o?

Zaki and Drogba are neck and neck ...

I'm angling to see dem live in Angola.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 01:25:56 AM »
i think drogba at his best better than eto at his best.

but eto much more level-headed and consistent and really doesn't involve himself in the histrionics drogba does. and drogba's antics does affect his play at times - e.g. CL final last year, earlier this season under scolari etc.

if i have a team, i prefer eto on it than drogba.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 06:20:55 AM »
Drogba at his best is better than Eto'o imo. But Eto'o is more consistent. At the same time all this talk about Zaki and Adebayor make me realize is only EPL man does watch. After Drogba and Eto'o, Frederik Kanoute is the best African striker at the moment. Obafemi Martins better than Zaki, and Adebayor anyhow..he just need to get out of newcastle...

nice post.....how that man come out of inter and ended up in New castle boy...... ???
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 08:48:52 AM »

Yeah boy forgot about Kanoute, but I'm not sure he's all that much better than Adebayor though.  Adebayor had a stop start season this season because of injuries but on his day he's as good as FK in my opinion....As for Martins, it's tough to tell with him playing for a struggling squad....couple times I've seen him this season, he still has his qualities of speed, agility and work rate, but he looked to have left his scoring boots at home...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »
Interesting question between ETO and Drogba I guess the only thing you have to choose between is the
stats but even that is strange because Eto played more games for varying reasons and its two different leagues
In a big game and from an emotional standpoint Drogba can be detrimental  ...Eto may be a lil more consistent not too much to choose between these two ...just a matter of personal preference for their styles ..... darkhorse for me is Martins from Newcastle ....personally I think he is more talented than both but a bit handicapped by his unfortunate team so I can't rate him as the best (although potentially he can be).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 09:52:07 AM »
..... darkhorse for me is Martins from Newcastle ....personally I think he is more talented than both but a bit handicapped by his unfortunate team so I can't rate him as the best (although potentially he can be).

My favorite quote about Martins, made by one of the English commentators after Martins let loose a cracker that just screamed high:

"Obafemi Martins... e's got rockets in his boots don't 'e?"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »
who the f****k CARE. WHO IS THE BEST TNT STRIKER AT THE MOMENT THAT COULD GET WE SOME GOALS TO MOVE ON IN THE HEX? THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD ALL BE THINKING AND FOCUSING ON!!!!

1]; } ?>