April 27, 2024, 10:20:21 PM

Author Topic: Fenwick questions Corneal's competence  (Read 12004 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick questions Corneal's competence
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »
I do not like when coaches indulge in these types of discussions. How would he feel if another coach turn around and say "how could you be leading 5-2 in a CONCACAF CL versus Chicago Fire and blow the return game 4-0"

You wrong bro, get your facts straight....

That was NOT Fenwick, that was Ricky Hill..... and after that Jabloteh called back Fenwick quick quick...

Ricky Hill was de coach when Jabloteh give up de 5-2 lead to Chicago Fire.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:02:30 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »
Everybody know Terry talking trust Anton is a joke coach.  And everyone knows it.  Bring back Pancho!!!!  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
Corneal ain't going nowhere anton and his dad all the corneals always survive, it makes me wonder what kinda files they have on people.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »
Fenwick is RIGHT!!! How did Corneal get this job and why is he getting first preference over and over??

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2009, 11:17:04 AM »
Everybody listen!yuh see corneal he might have been an ok player but as a coach he's totally lost and I'm talking from experience having been around him for ah number of years.

I remember years ago in trini I used to live in mt lambert next to the carib factory and of course the carib league was in full swing right in my back yard,anyway meh boy marlon charles used to stop by meh house and tell meh rob ah playing with corneal an them come check the game out,well well well anton use to be making all kinda crazy changes and talking all kinda nonsense on the sideline until after ah while marlon use to come quietly at the sideline and say to him leh me control the coaching on the field.

Allyuh when halftime reach them spectators use to be  laughing at corneal,marlon would come over to me and say boi dais why I only playing for him when he beg meh...... ;D ;D      

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
"In Trinidad, it is unprecedented the amount of time (national) coaches get with their teams but clearly they are not using it properly. Corneal has not coached at any recognizable level other than the national team. How has he got that job and how is he able to keep it with such shocking results?"

Fenwick might be skeptical of the present national youth team coaches but he insisted that there are promising coaches within the local fraternity who deserve a chance.

He declared that Angus Eve, Anthony Streete, Ross Russell, Clint Marcelle, Reynold Carrington, Clayton Morris, Bertille St Clair and Gally Cummings were all better than the TTFF's present youth coaches."

I really not sure how he could make a statement like that and call the names of peeps with similar or less experience?  Is he jes trying to throw he hat into the fray? 

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »
Imagine since de 80's de Corneal's have a strong hold over T&T football....... HOW ???????

Anton Corneal make de Strike Squad and he had to right foot...

Fenwick is 100% right, but not sure if he should have came public with it.... not that I care for Anton but it makes de TTFF look bad.

Hope Jack suck up he pride and give Fenwick a chance with the youths.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »
I do not like when coaches indulge in these types of discussions. How would he feel if another coach turn around and say "how could you be leading 5-2 in a CONCACAF CL versus Chicago Fire and blow the return game 4-0"

That was NOT Fenwick, that was Ricky Hill..... and after that Jabloteh called back Fenwick quick quick...

Good catch Sam....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2009, 12:11:43 PM »

Well then I guess he would not mind  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »
Ricky Hill was also de coach when Jabloteh had de 5-2 vicotry over Chicago Fire too.  De game where people was sayin is de bess dem EVER see ANY Trini team play against a quality outfit like dat in a non friendly game.

Or maybe it was Fenwick who was coach fuh dat game and Ricky Hill who tak over fuh de return.

Yeah...dat must be it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »
So what is the status of the team? Looking at those games you see decent displays of passing, trapping and vision, especially in midfield.  Some of those players individual skill matched the Mexicans. Winchester and #9 (I think) looked very decent.  But the performance of the back four was pathetic. Purely the result of terrible coaching.

Worst thing TTFF can do is abandon that team. Shit side or not, dem is the future. The second worse thing is to give them back to Corneal and McComie. Fenwick might be mediocre in Europe, but in T&T he and Angus Eve have a better track record than most, with juniors. Give him a youth squad and see what he can do, the man practically begging how much years now.

If Michael McComie get yet another national team to coach after the U23 and U17 disasters and Fenwick still scrunting I facking done with T&T football. We go see come August who getting the U15s.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »
Where football is concern our corntree would not go anywhere untill the whole system is revamp that include the warners and the cornmeals .

Ah like how Fenwick say WE, we ,we that says a lot .i think the man consider himself part of trinbago football .

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2009, 03:42:57 PM »
So what is the status of the team? Looking at those games you see decent displays of passing, trapping and vision, especially in midfield.  Some of those players individual skill matched the Mexicans. Winchester and #9 (I think) looked very decent.  But the performance of the back four was pathetic. Purely the result of terrible coaching.

Worst thing TTFF can do is abandon that team. Shit side or not, dem is the future. The second worse thing is to give them back to Corneal and McComie. Fenwick might be mediocre in Europe, but in T&T he and Angus Eve have a better track record than most, with juniors. Give him a youth squad and see what he can do, the man practically begging how much years now.

If Michael McComie get yet another national team to coach after the U23 and U17 disasters and Fenwick still scrunting I facking done with T&T football. We go see come August who getting the U15s.

our individual skill has always been equal to many of the teams in concacaf..but the problem is MANY of our local coaches AND fans for that matter..don't think too much about defensive organisation...

traditionally in lil sweat..if yuh good..yuh could beats..yuh could pass a lil ball...you go up front..if yuh shitty..you going in the back..over time a man might show a lil intelligence in timing a tackle..so we say he's a good defender...

but local coaches don't teach their teams how to hold a proper defensive shape..beenhakker said it when he was here..he had to teach or so-called best defenders the basics in terms of defensive stance..etc..

Ian Gray gets sent off in the first half and your team leaks goals to a team that is definitely attacking you relentlessly at their home ground...

"In Trinidad, it is unprecedented the amount of time (national) coaches get with their teams but clearly they are not using it properly.

Am I the only one who is concerned by this statement?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:46:03 PM by Arazi »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Need Better Youth Coaches
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »
COSIGN!! You've stated my words there sub, mediocrity and haphazardness is the name of the game here. Simply, Corneal and others doing shit and getting away with it & too cowardly to admit their errors- imagine they blaming the kids now!! That's just friggin low.

I like Terry Fenwick even more now. He isn't a timid Trini, and isn't accustomed to all the sh*t that goes on here, so he must speak strongly against it. Too bad we don't have much trini people who can do that, a man have to come from the UK to call out crap that goes on here, and the thing is that trini people so accustomed to and accepting of mediocrity, timidity and shit that they'll want to hold him to fault for this, just like they did to Wim(not like he gave a sh*t anyway, he was probably relieved to get out of this backwater, crapped up-place, just like Beenhackker). This blasted country, it does look hopeless sometimes. We need some more damn honest straight talk like this.

Discretion is the better part of valor... or as another saying puts it, is not what you say but how you say it.  By running to the press and being so harshly critical  of the TTFF (he might mention Anton Corneal, but is de TTFF who really getting implicated) all he's doing is ensuring continued bad blood between him and Jack.  Not saying he must mince words or kiss ass, but sometimes in order to do business yuh must shake hands with the devil.  Yuh could make ah settah noise in de press or yuh could pursue matters more discretely behind the scenes.  The fact that he and Lasana is pals and Lasana have axe to grind against Jack/the TTFF only makes it seem as though this is some kinda vendetta that Fenwick pursuing against the TTFF.  Not saying that's the case, but the appearance is there

All dat time spent in Trinidad and he still ent learn how to play dead tuh ketch cobo alive...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »

As for the article... as much a supporter I am of Fenwick I think he needs to better pick and choose his battles.  He runs the risk of coming off as a naysayer constantly waiting in the wings to second-guess anything the local coaching contingency does.  There's a lot to be said for frankness, but so too for diplomacy... not everything needs to be said in the press.  His coziness with Liburd makes it that much more troubling.

Good post- was thinking the same thing. 

Especially if he is remotely interested in the Nat'l team job, as some may have alluded to on occasion on this forum... Not only is he creating his own obstacles to achieving that, but putting himself under a tougher spotlight (where many may spitefully want him to fail) should he actually ever be assigned to the post....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2009, 06:11:57 PM »
Fenwick is right look you have britto and cato going to portsmouth the problem  is coaching and prep .. Question is will corneal be fired or will he keep his job ... Do we have an under 15 team now btw or has screeing started ? weary1969 can you say?

I have heard of no under 15 team far less screening but I will inquire.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 06:13:38 PM »
I totally agree with Fenwick on his views here,it's the socond article by him that i like because he is very straight forward and not mincing words.

Having said that anyone can see this is a desperate man looking for a job,his heart is in T&T and wants to stay here.(it's an application)  

I might quicker get a wuk wit d TTFF than he.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
go fenwich. give him some mouth cutarse.  im surprise corneal not fired

What time d stalk drop u? Look how dey take long to fire Mats is Cornmeal yuh talkin bout.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
Corneal need to explain y he tell d players dat dey have 2 live wit d 7 goals dat dey get v Mexico. Who need the attitude adjustment.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »

our individual skill has always been equal to many of the teams in concacaf..but the problem is MANY of our local coaches AND fans for that matter..don't think too much about defensive organisation...

traditionally in lil sweat..if yuh good..yuh could beats..yuh could pass a lil ball...you go up front..if yuh shitty..you going in the back..over time a man might show a lil intelligence in timing a tackle..so we say he's a good defender...

but local coaches don't teach their teams how to hold a proper defensive shape..beenhakker said it when he was here..he had to teach or so-called best defenders the basics in terms of defensive stance..etc..

Sad but true. We could beat teams like Guyana and JA with "skills" but we can't deal with the better regional sides without discipline and an organized framework. That aspect of the game rest squarely on the shoulders of Corneal.

With least 3-4 players good enough to get big-side trials and a next one from Toronto FC we should at least have been competive with Guat and CR.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:57:43 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 06:57:44 PM »
COSIGN!! You've stated my words there sub, mediocrity and haphazardness is the name of the game here. Simply, Corneal and others doing shit and getting away with it & too cowardly to admit their errors- imagine they blaming the kids now!! That's just friggin low.

I like Terry Fenwick even more now. He isn't a timid Trini, and isn't accustomed to all the sh*t that goes on here, so he must speak strongly against it. Too bad we don't have much trini people who can do that, a man have to come from the UK to call out crap that goes on here, and the thing is that trini people so accustomed to and accepting of mediocrity, timidity and shit that they'll want to hold him to fault for this, just like they did to Wim(not like he gave a sh*t anyway, he was probably relieved to get out of this backwater, crapped up-place, just like Beenhackker). This blasted country, it does look hopeless sometimes. We need some more damn honest straight talk like this.

Discretion is the better part of valor... or as another saying puts it, is not what you say but how you say it.  By running to the press and being so harshly critical  of the TTFF (he might mention Anton Corneal, but is de TTFF who really getting implicated) all he's doing is ensuring continued bad blood between him and Jack.  Not saying he must mince words or kiss ass, but sometimes in order to do business yuh must shake hands with the devil.  Yuh could make ah settah noise in de press or yuh could pursue matters more discretely behind the scenes.  The fact that he and Lasana is pals and Lasana have axe to grind against Jack/the TTFF only makes it seem as though this is some kinda vendetta that Fenwick pursuing against the TTFF.  Not saying that's the case, but the appearance is there

All dat time spent in Trinidad and he still ent learn how to play dead tuh ketch cobo alive...

True Bake n Shark, diplomacy is good, and I'm a advocate for it and the vast majority of the times it's the best option, but I find sometimes there's a need for an injection of unmannerly n honest straight talk that offends people.I think TnT football needs some of that, and also T&T as a whole, cause plenty people here rel delusional and accepting of mediocrity, haphazardness,etc. The truth hurts and offends most times.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2009, 06:59:16 PM »

U go tell meh how d golf supporters site does b because Fenick because of his ties 2 Hospedales eh gettin no wuk wit d TTFF

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2009, 07:06:29 PM »
   Fenwick talking a pack ah arse!  Corneal is right.  These players were given a sturdy platform to develop themselves, but instead, They played the fool!!  They didn't deserve to have qualified for Nigeria.
Before dat, it was the SSFL fault.  Ent, Mr. Corneal?
[/quote]

Is the same thing Bertille do when the U20 team get mass cutass in Portugal, he blame Sherwood and every other player...steups...That is we coaches...the players always to blame...mind you, they selecting them eh....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2009, 07:08:34 PM »

U go tell meh how d golf supporters site does b because Fenick because of his ties 2 Hospedales eh gettin no wuk wit d TTFF

:devil: Golf!!! Nah I go be running mih mouth on GD and digging the Official babes thread.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2009, 07:10:17 PM »
   Fenwick talking a pack ah arse!  Corneal is right.  These players were given a sturdy platform to develop themselves, but instead, They played the fool!!  They didn't deserve to have qualified for Nigeria.
Before dat, it was the SSFL fault.  Ent, Mr. Corneal?

Is the same thing Bertille do when the U20 team get mass cutass in Portugal, he blame Sherwood and every other player...steups...That is we coaches...the players always to blame...mind you, they selecting them eh....
[/quote]

He forget want he tell d parents when dey was collectin dey kit d day b4 dey fly out. Well it official dat nobody in these parts does watch SPALK because he was chattin wit dat loud mouth who ended his program sayin none ah d under 17 players eh no star. Ah wonder who he was throwin dat 4.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2009, 07:11:28 PM »

:devil: Golf!!! Nah I go be running mih mouth on GD and digging the Official babes thread.

Doh try dat once yuh on d sw.net u in TNTfootball buziness

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2009, 07:20:46 PM »

True Bake n Shark, diplomacy is good, and I'm a advocate for it and the vast majority of the times it's the best option, but I find sometimes there's a need for an injection of unmannerly n honest straight talk that offends people.I think TnT football needs some of that, and also T&T as a whole, cause plenty people here rel delusional and accepting of mediocrity, haphazardness,etc. The truth hurts and offends most times.

In most cases I would agree with you, however what is the net benefit to TnT football of Fenwick's voicing his opinion in the manner in which he did?  It is quite possible that my own biases may be preventing me from objectively looking at the situation, seeing that I'm one of the biggest proponents on this site in favor of him being involved with the Senior Men's National Team.  Looking at it from that perspective he's only succeeding in further shooting himself in the foot where any such appointment is concerned and in the end the team will be left wanting for any contribution that he otherwise may have been able to offer.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »

In most cases I would agree with you, however what is the net benefit to TnT football of Fenwick's voicing his opinion in the manner in which he did?  It is quite possible that my own biases may be preventing me from objectively looking at the situation, seeing that I'm one of the biggest proponents on this site in favor of him being involved with the Senior Men's National Team.  Looking at it from that perspective he's only succeeding in further shooting himself in the foot where any such appointment is concerned and in the end the team will be left wanting for any contribution that he otherwise may have been able to offer.

You are saying that (or hoping) that maybe if his appointment to that position is something that would truly benefit our football and he were to be more diplomatic with his opinions (if voicing them at all) that jackula and the powers-that-be would consider appointing him..........I seriously doubt it, Boss, and I would serioulsy suggest that you are being a little naive with that thinking.   I don't think jackula and his cronies and his sons are now, or ever will be, interested in placing people in positions within T&T football that would make T&T football less and less dependent on his influence or freer of their grip.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:30:13 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
"How has he got that job and how is he able to keep it with such shocking results?""

Amidst all de ole talk, dis is de bottom line!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
"How has he got that job and how is he able to keep it with such shocking results?""

Amidst all de ole talk, dis is de bottom line!!!

His name is Corneal dat is d bottom line

1]; } ?>