April 26, 2024, 10:06:48 AM

Author Topic: Internship At A Caribbean Magazine  (Read 2022 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Internship At A Caribbean Magazine
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
Passing some information around. I'm sure somebody knows somebody who would be interested.....

Toute Bagai Publishing (TBP) - publisher of MACO Caribbean Living, Destinations, MACO People, and other great publications - is inviting applications for internships for the period May to August, 2009. TBP is looking for three interns.

Candidates must be studying journalism and/ or publishing, and have an interest in magazine publishing specifically. The internship will require research, editorial work and general administration. Additionally, candidates must have basic computer knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word etc. Graphics capability in CS3 and Illustrator is a plus. Applicants should be between the ages of 18 to 25.

We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, creative, responsible, eager to learn, and possess initiative. This isn’t your average internship; each day you will be an actual part of a working team producing a world class magazine – so bring your A game!!!

Please submit your CV or letter of interest by May 15, 2009 via email to jannue@macomag.com

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Internship At A Caribbean Magazine
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »
but where are they based? this is the world wide web

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »
but where are they based? this is the world wide web

Looks like they based in Trinidad given the website.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »
Hope this information helps Balal    

TOUTE BAGAI PUBLISHING COMPANY
Mailing Address:
101 Tragarete Rd, Woodbrook,
Trinidad
West Indies
Telephone Numbers:(868) 622-0519
Fax Number:    (868) 628-6909
E-mail    info@macomag.com

http://www.macomag.com/home.htm  <-------take a look

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:42 PM »
thas rite next to moksha yoga studio or for d party people, about 2 buildings away from island people office.
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 08:04:15 PM »
I have ah subscription to dat magazine. It is  de most professionally produced T&T magazine dat I know.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
I have ah subscription to dat magazine. It is  de most professionally produced T&T magazine dat I know.

Well look I glad tuh hear dat... ah wanted tuh send mih info but ah did 'fraid dem only wanted tuh maco people private business.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:34:44 PM »
I have been subscribing to the mag from since inception. I remembered visiting their offices when they were in Belmont. When I migrated they were on Maraval Road. So I'm kinda surprised that they are now on Tragarate Road. Kandi is this permanent or temporary ? Do you know ?

Anyway, that is my dream job. If only the age was a 'tad' nearer to mine, I would have taken 4 months off my work to do it for free. sigh  :( 

The Creative Director Marie-France Aqui, one of the reasons why started getting more serious about my graphic designing and photography - and not looking at both as hobbies.

Time will tell I guess :-\
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:47:04 PM by TriniCana »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
MACO Vacancy: Full-time Graphic Designer
Toute Bagai Publishing and MACO Magazines are currently seeking to fill a full time, in-house Graphic Artist position.

Applicants MUST be highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. In particular:

- Adobe Indesign.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator.

Experience in magazine production is a plus. Ideal applicants must have managerial experience, and work well in a teamwork-oriented, flexible environment. It is very important that applicants have excellent organizational and time management skills with a marked respect for hard-core deadlines. They must possess an eager, creative mind, be able to take initiative, work well under pressure and not be afraid to do everything necessary to ensure a stellar end product.

Please submit your CV and a few chosen examples of your portfolio for consideration, and be prepared to show your entire portfolio in the interview process.

Deadline
Please submit applications to jannue@macomag.com. All applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. on July 1st.

http://www.macocaribbean.com/2009/06/vacancy-full-time-graphic-designer-with.html
MACO Caribbean Living: Vacancy: Full-time Graphic Designer with MACO Magazines
Source: www.macocaribbean.com

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:05:26 PM »
i forwarded the intership to a girl from siparia who looking to do dem kinda thing, she making any excuse in the book not to go. some people like "food serve on a platter" to them all the time eh. if i was down i would drag she to do it smh

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
i forwarded the intership to a girl from siparia who looking to do dem kinda thing, she making any excuse in the book not to go. some people like "food serve on a platter" to them all the time eh. if i was down i would drag she to do it smh

Y so after u return in d US she left d wuk
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>