April 20, 2024, 01:43:17 AM

Author Topic: Jabloteh signs Hector Sam  (Read 2929 times)

Jabloteh signs Hector Sam
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
Trinidad Guardian

Former England-based attacker Hector Sam has become the first signing for Pro Football League champion Clico San Juan Jabloteh ahead of the 2009 season. The 28-year-old Sam was said to be on the verge of signing with the San Juan club last December to finish off the 2008 season. However, he failed to meet the transfer deadline and left leaving coach Terry Fenwick with no other option but to wait. This week, Fenwick confirmed that Sam was back with Jabloteh on a two year deal.

“Hector is a great player and I think he is a great addition for us,” said the treble—Toyota Classic, League and Big Six—winning coach of 2008. “I’m happy with my squad of last season and all I’m looking to do is add some experience to the young bunch that we have. This season is going to be really big for us, looking at the (Concacaf) Champions League. It’s going to be a tough season and I want to know that we have the experience to carry through.” Sam, a former student of Queens Royal College, began his career at San Juan Jabloteh. He went on to play with Wrexham where he spent five years. He later played for Port Vale and Walsall before joining Notts County where he left by mutual agreement in March last year.

Jabloteh will begin 2009 preparations in late February, one month prior to the start of the season. Fenwick is confident his side will be well prepared despite having only one month preparation. “My players have had a long hard season in 2008 in which we had lots of success. And it’s time that I give them a break. My guys need to be well rested and I think it will do them good ahead of next season. I am very confident that we will be well prepared for the season ahead,” ended the former England international and two-time Pro League winning coach.

Re: Jabloteh signs Hector Sam
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »
Good 4 he.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:14 PM »
I aint here he name in a long time. Cant believe he only 28 too

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »
I don't think he is only 28 i think that's an error i think he is 30 he born 1978... But been a while since i heard bout him too taught he would of been a part of the national team by now but he didn't reach his potential i wish him the best back in Trinidad.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:41:05 PM by Trinidogg »

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »
I don't think he is only 28 i think that's an error i think he is 30 he born 1978... But been a while since i heard bout him too taught he would of been a part of the national team by now but he didn't reach his potential i wish him the best back in Trinidad.

when di yute was scoring all kind a goal innah England dem neva call him up. Last ting I heard bout him is dat he was over weight. wish him de best. To mi any player leave england to come back and play in TNT has lost there touch..

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 08:59:29 PM »

He has 20 caps and 2 goals.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »

LOL like i said he didn't reach his potential... Kenwyne Jones 35 caps 4 goals it don't say none he could of develop into a good player after all that and was he playing striker for all those caps?

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 11:11:13 PM »
that is ah name i eh hear in ah long time.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »

LOL like i said he didn't reach his potential... Kenwyne Jones 35 caps 4 goals it don't say none he could of develop into a good player after all that and was he playing striker for all those caps?

both good points, however, while kenwyne jones is hearin 15 million dollar deals headin his way at 23? 24? playin for premiereship side sunderland.

Sam was gettin paid in fish n chips at a second divison side.

same time no disrespect to the man, i wish him all the best, still a skilled player, i think he'll bring some good fight to the local league.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 04:34:54 AM »
the fastest turner with a football at his feet hector sam. i challenge anyone to find someone who does it faster, . well that was years ago dont know if hector still  has it

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 05:01:09 AM »
Everybody seemed to forget but Hector was doing very well for himself. Was competing with Scotoland, Tiger and others for a place on the TT team. Good skills and speed. Seemed to have a legit shot at going to Germany in 2006. Was holding his own at his club and then broke his foot 6 odd months b4 the World Cup.

His career has never been the same since then. I wish him the best of luck.

Peace,

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 05:04:38 AM »
remembered anytime we had to play mt hope, men would be quaking at the prospect of defending against him....
Best of luck to a big baller.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »
I feel Fenwick should try and sign Ricky Shakes and Andre Boucaud.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:52:52 AM »
I feel Fenwick should try and sign Ricky Shakes and Andre Boucaud.

Slight difference.....them have clubs to play for while Sam was out of contract and unattached. If Jabloteh could pay better salaries than English conference sides (which I highly doubt!).....who knows. Them fellas to young anyhow, they still believe they have a chance to break through to bigger and better things. Sam pushing 30 and probably realise his chance of decent ball in the UK gone, with Jabloteh he knows he will be a starter, (at least when fit ) and have a chance to showcase again if San Juan get to the Concacaf group stages.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »
I aint feel that Hector Sam might be an automatic starter at Jabloteh, but i understand your point Rodney.

I hope he makes an impression!!

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 10:38:23 AM »
Hector Sam boi!!!! What a talent that man is/was.....i remember when he and Glenn was playing on top for a goal cup tourney some years ago.....at that time i did rate them as havin the potential to be one ah the most troubling partnerships for a opposing defences in we history...but unfortunantely it never materialize.....still have nuff respect for this man talent though hope to see him do great things
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
Jabloteh leggo Cyd because at 32 he too old and they want to give young players a chance.
I know Sam eh no 28 yrs...he close to 32 as well.  Anyway they need his experience for this season.

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »
LOL...Hector was two years ahead of me in school now suddenly he younger than me! Like life in England is make you age slower!

I hope Fenwick doh take a whole season to get him back to match fitness like Cornell. Then again, that experience line is the same he use with Marvin Oliver so I expecting Hector to be more influential off the field than on it. Fenwick doing it with the youths, right through.

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 09:25:22 PM »
LOL...Hector was two years ahead of me in school now suddenly he younger than me! Like life in England is make you age slower!

Go see Benjamin Button.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »

Is d weather

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »
I aint feel that Hector Sam might be an automatic starter at Jabloteh, but i understand your point Rodney.

I hope he makes an impression!!
  I dont think so either

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 07:53:36 PM »
Anybody see Hector Sam around de Jabloteh team? I eh hear he name call since dis article came out.

Offline Anbrat

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 08:23:46 PM »

“Hector is a great player and I think he is a great addition for us,” said the treble—Toyota Classic, League and Big Six—winning coach of 2008.

Great player?????