April 17, 2024, 09:45:59 PM

Author Topic: COPA DEL RAY FINAL  (Read 4100 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
COPA DEL RAY FINAL
« on: May 11, 2009, 04:20:42 AM »
Athletic club vs fc Barcelona 13/05/09

“We have to win the Cup”

Vanessa Forns

Although Barça missed the chance tonight to clinch the league title, Guardiola told reporters after the match that the team “is much closer to the title” and that now the players had to raise themselves for Wednesday’s final in Valencia.

He had said it several times in the pre-match press conference. The players would have loved to win the championship in front of the fans in the Camp Nou, both for the fans themselves and to finally get their hands on one of the three titles in play. But Llorente had other plans. “Seeing the ground like this is fantastic. I understand that people are upset. In the end life consists of good moments. We’ll try and live them another day. I’m sorry about that”.

However, he reminded reporters that Barça are eight points ahead with only nine to play for: “We’re much closer, more than at the beginning of this matchday”.

Focussed on the Cup

Guardiola, who stated that the sending off of Abidal had been a turning point because of the tiredness of his players, called on them to make a final effort: “We have to pick ourselves up quickly, go forward with what we’ve got and with a smile on our faces to prepare for the Cup next Wednesday”.

Iniesta injury “the worst news of the day”

”The worst news of the day” was how Guardiola described the injury to Andrés Iniesta. “He’s a very important player for us because he gives us so much. Playing a match every three days the effort is very great. He’s definitely out for Wednesday and the objective is to get him back in time for the Champions League final”.

That’s football

As for Llorente’s injury time goal, which snatched the league title away at the last moment, Guardiola was philosophical: “Football is like that. A few days ago we did it and today they stopped us. At Stamford Bridge it was Iniesta and today it was Llorente. Fate has played a trick on us – it was Llorente”.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: COPA DEL RAY FINAL
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »
Copa Del Rey

Translation: King's Cup (or Cup of the King). 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
Copa Del Rey

Maybe de king firs' name is 'Ray', anybobody know?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:21:51 AM »
Copa Del Rey

:rotfl:

Allyuh men killing me... the man name is not Rey Ray  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »
Copa Del Rey

:rotfl:

Allyuh men killing me... the man name is not Rey Ray  ;D

Ah was waitin' fuh de shoe to fall!!  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:57:24 AM »
Copa Del Rey

LOL - good one

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »
ah would leave it as ray since  it seems to making some men day.
ah honest mistake. and kicker i know what the translation means
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 08:28:23 AM »
When?

Wednesday, 13 May 2009, (22:00) Barcelona Time
Wednesday, 13 May 2009, (16:00) North American Easte

Barca will be wearing a commemorative shirt in the final.

Pressure with injuries and suspension.
I guess playing all them games would take its toll. Though I doh like dem, props to ManU for having a deep world class bench in times like this.

Valdes
Alves - Puyol - Piqué - Sylvinho
                 YaYa
             Hleb - Xavi
        Messi - Eto'o - Bojan

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »

Interesting fact: Bilbao only has players from the Basque region of Spain. THey play for pride more than anything else, sort of like what Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol mean for Barca.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »
ah would leave it as ray since  it seems to making some men day.
ah honest mistake. and kicker i know what the translation means

All in good fun...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:57 AM »
a chance to hear Ray Hudson wax lyrical over 'Sammy', 'Danny', 'Andres' and 'Carles not Carlos' again..

man is real kicks yes...

in the Villareal game, when Alves score the free kick hear him nuh:

"Nice nipples Danny... but an even nicer free kick! He caressed the ball over the wall." :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »
In de Barca vs Real game, Ray commentin on Messi's goal in de 2nd half and say "Messi took the ball past Iker with no help at all.  But he doesn't need any help.  Messi needs help on a football field like a fish needs a bicycle!!"  LMAO!!

Den meh padnah say in one a de games, de camera do a crowd shot and focus on a woman wit rather large breasts...hear Ray..." that reminds me...I've got to put air in my tires when I get to the parking lot!!"  :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »
What was the current squad doing in 1998?

Sergi Nogueras

It’s 11 years since Barça was last in the Spanish Cup Final. That’s so long ago that most of the players in the current squad still hadn’t even started playing professional football. Let’s see what they were doing at the time.

Valdés: “In the 97/98 season I was playing for the under-16s A team and the coach was Albert Benaiges. It was my third year at La Masia and I remember we watched it in the TV room at La Masia with Andrés Iniesta and other youth team players. Like a lot of people what sticks in the mind for me is Ruud Hesp saving the last penalty with his foot.”

Cáceres: “I was 11 and playing for Defensor Sporting Montevideo youth teams. That’s always been my club in Uruguay. We call the youth teams different names there and I was in the ‘Spring Onions'.”

Piqué: “I saw that final at home with a friend, my parents and my brother. I was only 11 and played for the under-12s A team. Of course there was no way I could imagine that I’d be playing in Barça’s next final.”

Márquez: “I was still playing at Atlas in Mexico under Lavolpe. A bit later on I moved to Monaco in Europe.”

Puyol_01.jpgPuyol: “I was 20 and playing for Barça B under Gonzalvo. That year we got promotion to Second Division A by winning in Santiago Bernabéu. I saw the final in a flat I was sharing with other academy players after having left La Masia.”

Xavi: “That season I was in Barça B, though I was already training with the first team and I went to Mestalla to watch. We went down early in the morning on the Euromed with the families of the other players.”

Gudjohnsen: “At that time I’d just gone back to Iceland as my contract with PSV Eindhoven had ended after we’d won the League. A bit later on I signed for Bolton.”

Iniesta: “I’d been in La Masia for two years and I watched the game in the TV room with other resident players including Víctor Valdés. I was playing for the under-14s with Ursicinio López as coach. We won the League that year.”

Eto'o: “That year I was on loan at CD Leganés, in the Second Division A. Two years later I signed for Mallorca and from there came to Barça.”

Messi: “I was ten and in Argentina at Rosario. A bit later on I came to Barcelona to join the academy.”

Bojan: “I was seven and was still playing for the under-8s at Bellpuig. The following year I joined Barça’s academy.”

Pinto: “It was my first season with Celta Vigo. Víctor Fernández was the coach. I saw the game at home in Vigo.”

WEB_01.jpgHenry: “I was at Monaco under Jean Tigana. That year we played in the CL semi-finals against Juventus with Del Piero and Zidane, and a few months later I won the World Cup with France. I didn’t see the final but I remember the side amongst other things because my great buddy Sonny Anderson was playing for them.”

Keita: “I was 18 and playing for Olympique Marseilles, my first team in Europe.”

Sylvinho: “At the time I was trying to win the Brazilian League with Corinthians. Wanderlei Luxemburgo was manager and in the end we won the title. I don’t recall seeing the game and didn’t think I’d end up at Barça.”

Milito: “That was my first season in Independiente’s first team and I was only 17. The manager was Menotti. We followed Mallorca because there were lots of Argentineans. I don’t recall seeing the whole game but I did see the highlights and the shoot-out.”

Dani Alves: “In 98 I didn’t imagine I’d end up playing in a Cup final for Barça. I was 15 and playing for Sport Club Baia under-16s. It was my last season in Brazil before going to Seville.”

Hleb: “That was my first season at Stuttgart, and my first outside Belorussia.”

QM3D6306.jpgAbidal: “I was 19 and starting out in the semipro game. I played for Lyon Duchere in a top regional league. I’d just got over a serious injury and was enjoying playing again.”

Touré: “I was 15 and playing youth football at ASEC and living in Abidjan with my parents. Barça was already famous in Ivory Coast but I don’t think I saw the Mallorca final.”

Jorquera: “That was my last season at Barça C before moving up to Barça B. The coach was Joan Vilà. I saw the game on TV with my family at home in Girona.”

Víctor Sánchez: “I was 11 and playing for Jabac Terrassa. That year my coach with the under-12s A team was Sergio Lobera, who later on was a Barça academy coach. I watched the final at home.”

Pedro: “I was playing in the under-12s A team at San Isidro, my club before I joined the Barça academy in the under-18s. I watched the game at home with my family.”

Sergio Busquets: “My dad wasn’t called up for the game and we went down on Euromed on matchday. My granddad came with us. I was then playing for Barberà.”

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 02:32:01 PM »
barca down 1 nil. pep really have no confidence in slyvinho. the man self n start

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
toure jus eat through some men and score yes

http://www.atdhe.net/7066/watch-athletic-bilbao-vs-barcelona

by the way is cb toure playing. so i guess thats his spot  4 d ucl final
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:39:17 PM by freakazoid »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »
1-1 at the half.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
4-1 xavi witha ah descent freekick. its over. no way  bacck

one trophy down . 2 to go

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »

Who givin' out de trophy?  Rey Ray?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »

Ray Hudson

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 03:41:28 PM »
y is pep leaving on messi and taking off bojan . hmmmm

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »

Ray Hudson

Or horrrr......dize why it eh showin' on golTv....he in de stadium man!!

ya ya toure's goal.http://videos.sapo.pt/hW5hOODz17JFQ5KCaOIO

Que goLAZO!!!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 03:51:37 PM »
final score barca 4 d other side 1

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 03:54:10 PM »
Pep put out a big side dey. He wasn't messing around wit that trophy sah.

Now Barca, go and win the league this weekend so big players could get a rest before the CL final.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 04:55:56 PM »
i think the players should b resting from now. all barca needs is one point. if the bench cant bring that  then i doh know wah

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 07:57:45 AM »
One title in bag, two to go as Barca rout Bilbao

VALENCIA, Spain, May 13 (Reuters) - Three goals in a devastating nine-minute spell at the start of the second half saw Barcelona to a 4-1 win over Athletic Bilbao in the King's Cup final on Wednesday and the first of three possible titles.

Yaya Toure levelled for Barca in the first half before Lionel Messi, Bojan Krkic and Xavi struck after the break to give the club their 25th King's Cup.

The Catalans could wrap up the Primera Liga title this weekend and they face Manchester United in the Champions League final on May 27.

"The title is a reward for the players and all the people who have worked so hard to get us here," Guardiola told reporters.

"Now we need to win the league as soon as possible so we can can prepare well for the Champions League final in Rome."

Barca had an unfamiliar look in defence with reserve keeper Jose Manuel Pinto in goal and Yaya Toure at centre back again, and they were quickly exposed at a set piece.

Pinto had tipped a Javi Martinez shot round the post and Fran Yeste made it count. His whipped-in corner after nine minutes found Gaizka Toquero rising above two defenders to head in at the back post.

Athletic looked fresher, snapping at Barca all over the pitch, until Toure stepped up to level in spectacular fashion as he advanced out of defence.

STUNNING RESPONSE

The Ivory Coast midfielder went past three Bilbao players in the 31st minute, and from outside the area drilled a low shot inside the near post.

Gradually Barca asserted themselves and as they swarmed round the Bilbao area in the 55th minute it was Messi who struck, firing through a crowd of legs after Gorka Iraizoz could only parry Samuel Eto'o's shot.

Three minutes later, Bojan raced through on a break to score off the far post and with Bilbao reeling Xavi curled a superb freekick over the wall and in off the near post in the 64th.

Just before Xavi's goal the match was held up briefly after Barcelona defender Daniel Alves was hit on the head by a tin can thrown from the stands.

Alves was able to continue and television pictures showed police leading a fan away.

Athletic, who have won the cup 23 times, were a broken team after that, but earn a place in next season's Europa League with Barca's place in the Champions League assured for next year.

Bilbao's Spain striker Fernando Llorente told Radio Marca: "In the first half we had some chances, but in the second half they were much better.

"We did what we could, but we were up against one of the teams who will go down in history."

Barca primed to claim second trophy

Barcelona could be crowned Primera Liga champions without kicking a ball on Saturday, if second-placed Real Madrid fail to beat Villarreal at the Madrigal (2000 GMT).
Click Here

The Champions League finalists, who routed Athletic Bilbao 4-1 to lift the King's Cup on Wednesday, have an eight-point lead with three matches left and also hold the head-to-head advantage over their arch-rivals.

"We are taking it one step at a time and on Sunday we'll be looking for the second title," Barca defender Gerard Pique said after their cup final victory.

A disillusioned Real have second place assured but have been battered 6-2 and 3-0 in their last two outings. If they win, Pep Guardiola's side only need a point from their trip to Real Mallorca on Sunday (1700) to complete the job.

The Catalans may have had to put their celebrations on hold last Sunday when Villarreal snatched a 3-3 draw at the Nou Camp, but they still managed to set a new record for the highest points tally in a 20-team top flight, moving on to 86 points.

They are now just four goals short of the record 107 scored in a season by John Toshack's Real Madrid in the 1989/90 campaign.

With first and second all but decided, attention switches to the race for the two remaining slots for Europe's elite competition and the relegation battle.

Sevilla are four points clear in third on 63 and have their hands on the last automatic Champions League qualification place. They visit relegation-threatened Osasuna on Saturday (1800).

One of the weekend's most intriguing matches sees fourth-placed Valencia (59) visit the Calderon on Sunday (1900) to play fifth-placed Atletico Madrid (58).

The ever-unpredictable Atletico came from 2-0 down with ten men to beat in-form Espanyol 3-2 last weekend, with Diego Forlan leading the fightback.

The Uruguay striker has scored 27 goals this season, one fewer than the league's top scorer Samuel Eto'o, and goes head-to-head with Valencia's leading marksman David Villa, who has 25.

Unai Emery's visitors were rampant in beating Real 3-0 last weekend but have been hit by suspensions to captain Carlos Marchena and midfielder David Silva.

At the foot of the table, bottom club Numancia host 19th-placed Recreativo Huelva on Sunday (1500) with a victory vital for either side if they are to avoid the drop.

Numancia (32), Recreativo (33) and Sporting Gijon (34) occupy the bottom three below Osasuna and safety on 36.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 08:27:35 AM »
1st Goal for Barcelona - Toure 31'
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2849599

2nd Goal for Barcelona - Messi 54'
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2849698

3rd Goal for Barcelona - Bojan 58'
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2849711

4th Goal for Barcelona - Xavi 64'
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2849736

Puyol lifting trophy:
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/2849793

Més que un club.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »
some more pics

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »
Now is a very, very good time to be in Barcelona!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »
Now is a very, very good time to be in Barcelona!

surely better than in madrid ! it would have been heartbreaking for this team not to have won a trophy this year after being compared to the best ever teams in world football. I still believe that they are very lucky to be in the champions league final ...but I dont think they will win ...
they should easily win the legue though and so should Manchester,,Finally ...a champions league final between league champions !

1]; } ?>