April 18, 2024, 11:46:48 AM

Author Topic: Missing Athletes  (Read 2351 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Missing Athletes
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:05:41 AM »
Missing Athletes for 2009 season , Kevon Pierre , Fana Ashby,Ato Stephens , Damian Barry ( they said he missed last year due to injury ) . Candace Scott , Cleopatra Borel Brown. Chris Hercules . Any information on any one of these athletes

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Athletes
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:28:57 PM »
Missing Athletes for 2009 season , Kevon Pierre , Fana Ashby,Ato Stephens , Damian Barry ( they said he missed last year due to injury ) . Candace Scott , Cleopatra Borel Brown. Chris Hercules . Any information on any one of these athletes

I saw Fana in the stands at the Tobago Falcon Games weekend before Easter. She did not run and did not look in shape to run to be honest

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »

I saw Fana in the stands at the Tobago Falcon Games weekend before Easter. She did not run and did not look in shape to run to be honest

Fana dat ship has sailed
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »
I was hoping this wasn't the case for Fana. Yet another lot of potential wasted, I think I'm getting used to this.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:39:54 AM »
What really hurt in Fana case was the article she had in the express. She made me believe that she really wanted to prove everyone wrong and comeback. But she has called it quits because last year did not work out . Have me wondering if she had any belief in what she said , It has me doubting if she really wanted to make a comeback after a disappointing last season I expected her to train harder than she ever train before to make all those people eat their words . But in turn she end up making them correct . How sad ???

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:26:13 PM »
YESS! it was that article that had me thinking that she would come back I thought she would. Has she actually released an official thing saying she has quit we could be just not right.Look at Sherone simpson she was struggling in recent years i think after she broke her ankle/foot and was running 11.6/7's did she give up? no and where is she now Olympic silver medalist. Ivet lalova even KAB come back from getting a fracture in she spine. Fana need a hardslap!

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »
SS had a hip injury.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 10:36:32 AM »
SS had a hip injury.
That was it and it was Ivet lalova who broke her foot/ankle.

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 07:58:22 AM »
Actually fana was hurt this year, but she is back now she ran last week at Manny Ramjohn to be honest she looks ok jus not race sharp her start still looks expolsve and i think with some more races come senior champs she can make the relay. Making the relay can also do her confidence some good for the following year i guess ;D

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 08:01:03 AM »
Damien AKA Penco has akelles problem and we alllllll know if thats the case ur not gonna be able to compete full stop.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 09:10:19 AM »
Actually fana was hurt this year, but she is back now she ran last week at Manny Ramjohn to be honest she looks ok jus not race sharp her start still looks expolsve and i think with some more races come senior champs she can make the relay. Making the relay can also do her confidence some good for the following year i guess ;D

Thanks You!!!!!!!!!! Such a relief to hear she not done she such a talent and I don't want to see her done like that knowing she was an excellent junior and great at college. So i pray she can make the relay team, a healthy Fana would be a great boost to the relay and take a bit of pressure off Kelly to do all the hard work. A healthy Fana, KAB, Ayanna Hutchinson and Semoy Hackett sounds like a good team to me who should run 43.00s at least and make the finals which they were going to do last year until the baton fell. 

1]; } ?>