April 26, 2024, 07:43:44 AM

Poll

Who do you like on-top for the TRI vs CRC game. ?

Cornell Glen & Stern John
7 (18.9%)
Stern John & Kenwyne Jones
1 (2.7%)
Cornell Glen & Dwight Yorke
5 (13.5%)
Kenwyne Jones & Cornell Glen
9 (24.3%)
Cornell Glen & Hector Sam
6 (16.2%)
Dwight Yorke & Stern John
0 (0%)
Kenwyne Jones & Dwight Yorke
4 (10.8%)
Kenwyne Jones & Hector Sam
1 (2.7%)
Nigel Pierre & Cornell Glen
1 (2.7%)
Hector Sam & Nigel Pierre
0 (0%)
Kenwyne Jones & Nigel Pierre
0 (0%)
Jerren Nixon & Dwight Yorke
1 (2.7%)
Stern John & Jerren Nixon
0 (0%)
Cornell Glen & Jerren Nixon
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Thread for the TRI vs CRC game !!!  (Read 21883 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the TRI vs CRC game !!!
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2005, 04:31:57 PM »
Hey Fellas....check out some firts half highlights here:
http://www.teletica.com/deportes/

jusme

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2005, 04:34:11 PM »
the panama game is at home?  I think that's what they say.  if that's true that means we go have to play the majority of games down the stretch away from home.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2005, 04:43:20 PM »
Hey Fellas....check out some firts half highlights here:
http://www.teletica.com/deportes/
Damn - allyuh men fast boy!
Game look exciting

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2005, 04:46:24 PM »
[size=12size]pt]Based on the commentary , it would appear that this was one of our better games. I was impressed to hear how Yorke controlled  parts of the game and the sustained pressure we put on Costa Rica.

Unfortunately for us we did no to get the  result we wanted in a win but at the same time we got a point and demonstrated that there is potential and hope for our game. I mean Costa Rica is ranked  in the top 20? and they have had very positive results.

To maintain and to build that  level of play must leave BSC iwth a feeling of contentment. I believe if he is not  at the team's helm tomorrow, we have shown  enough in this game  to spark us to greater heights.[/size]

I would just hope that this game is a momentum builder for us. Much like  Guatemala win was for them. We need to take it one step up aganist Mexico, nd build for Panama; then throw  about 7 on Guatemala. Remember teams thinking we are the doormats so if they are not up  mentally for us, it is to our advantage if we get on top of our game.
Ok next game.............................

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Match Report
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2005, 07:42:27 PM »
Well fellas I just get back home, so here it is:-

THE BEST GAME BY THE (SOCA) WARRIORS IN THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN SO FAR!

From the get-go it was clear that T&T meant business. EVERYbody was hustling. AND marking tight! It was end to end action with T&T dominating possesion and playing the ball on the ground! Spann was a FORCE ib=n the middle, winning balls and distributing well. Dennis Lawrence had the BEST game I've seen him play in YEARS! He marshalled the defence and played a la "Dawg"! He won the air balls, distributed it to Dwight and/or Spann to re-launch the attack. Speaking of dwight, my MAN OF THE MATCH! The man led from in front, passing, shielding,creating space for others,tackling,hustling, LEADING! By the way prior to this I was NOT a Dwight fan, I AM NOW, because this was BY FAR the BEST game he has EVER played for T&T in the last 10 years, and possibly ever. Ince was also a savior pulling off Top notch saves including a couple one on ones. but it was a point blank save when the WHOLE stadium thought the CR striker was SURE to score, when Clayton came up BIG!!! David Attiba Charles was another man making a claim for a starting place on the team! Big, strong and FAST, he handled the right-side well.

team played 3-5-2

------------------Ince-----------------------
------DACharles--Lawrence-----APierre---
Edwards-----------------------------Rojas
---------Spann---Yorke----Eve-----
-------------John--------Glen----------------

First half while  we dominated, we created few clear-cut chances and failed to convert the few we did create.

Second 1/2 some men CLEARLY ran out of steam! Spann got injured and had to be subbed. He was replaced by Fitzpatrick. Then Edwards was subbed for SAm while Glen got injured and made way for Nigel pierre.

Notable moments, another one on one sitch dealt with by ince, who came off his line and won the ball. edwards shot that just deflected wide. CR free-kick that did have the whole stadium holing it's breath as a CR player outran the entire T&T team , only to be beaten to the ball by Ince.

T&T's ONE major fault lay in NOT taking enough shots on goal! Otherwise we DID create chances, but too many touches and passing off the shooting responsibility.

Player ratings-

Ince - 8.5 Saved our @$$ several times to keep us in the game!
A pierre - 7.5 Too much air ball, but heart & soul player!
DA Charles - 8 What a full debut! One or two bad touches (speaking of whom, we agree to disagree on THISone eh, LOL) but added some much needed SPEED to the back-line
Rojas - 6.5 Little added offensively, overdribbled, BUT played an "Average" game defensively and would make my bench
Lawrence 8.5 BEST game EVER! De man Manners Wanchope when he came on! See comments above!
Spann 8 - WHY hasn't he been playing???The man is our Ideal def Mid!!!
Yorke -9.5 BEST GAME EVER FOR T&T. DID EVERYTHING (but score)..see above
Edwards 7.5 Opposite of rojas, Highly effective attacking but lacking defensively... probably "tackle-shy" since the long injury lay off. Decent wing play, but lacks match-finess, so faded in 2nd 1/2
Eve 7.5 Did his best and made some enterprising runs, applied presssure until he too obviously ran out of steam around 68th min
John- 6 NOT in form, needs to bench, should have been subbed against USA,Guatemala AND again today. Class is permanent, form is temporary though, he WILL rise again!
Glen - 7.5 Always looked dangerous! Got injjured and ran out of steam, BUT coming off injury the way he did, I think he gave his best!

Fitzpatrick- 7 Will always make my team, along with Spann in the middle, energy fuh so, just needs to work on his SPEED and passing

Sam - 7.5 Speed and dribbling made some good runs, has great close control, and created space for shots... just didn't take them.
but still would have prefferd Sealy, whos a better finisher

NPierre - 7.5 Sam withOUT the speed, but deserves squad place, worked hard while he was on

I guess by now you must realise the xcitement in my report, and I can't help it, because the TEAM played HARD, worked Hard and really,GIVE IT THEIR ALL!

Bertille WILL be replaced though, and I think it's best! After today's performance, i have hope that we CAN and WILL qualify...See all US-based in connecticut in August, PATRIOT comin!!!

Time for Germany!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2005, 08:30:16 PM »
Thanks for the report.. I always look forward too reading it. I still believe we have a decent chance to make it. But I still wonder sometimes about the team selection and the subs..

2006  looks not as far away as before...

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2005, 11:56:58 PM »
great report patriot...i wonder myself how spann hasnt been playing.he surely would help our def mid prob. bertille still going with 3 defenders,stupid, but it seemed to work today. also glad to hear dwight doing something.i think the overall sentiment is that its good to get on the board, but 3 pts wouldve been perfect.oh well,it gives us some hope.lets just not make the same mistakes next time around like we always seem to do.
Hart for president

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2005, 01:29:14 AM »
T&T vs Costa Rica will be shown This Saturday on Telemundo at 4PM EST

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2005, 08:35:39 AM »
Thanx for the report Patriot...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>