April 23, 2024, 10:19:35 AM

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Thread  (Read 86743 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Give Tallman a drink!
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2011, 08:12:43 AM »
Sorry I'm a bit late! I did not have internet access for a few days!

Hope the Tallman had a great one and enough drinks pass to open a bar!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tiger' turns 70.
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2011, 10:41:43 PM »
Tiger' turns 70.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Former Trinidad and Tobago Technical Director Mr. Lincoln Phillips celebrates his 70th birthday tomorrow, July 4th 2011.
Phillips would like to take this opportunity to thank all on SWO for their support in the past. He also hopes of still having some manner of input in football as well. This time intends to contribute on a larger scale as he aims to help football throughout the Caribbean region.

More on this will follow in the near future, but in the meantime the SWO would like to wish Mr. Lincoln Phillips a very happy birthday and hope he enjoys it to the fullest with continued health, strength and happiness. We are also grateful for all the contributions he has made to T&T football, both on the field and off.

Below is a link to the YouTube channel that will allow people to upload video birthday wishes to 'LP' and those videos will be played during a party the family is having for him. We encourage everyone to send their greetings.

Link: - Lincoln Phillips Video
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger' turns 70.
« Reply #452 on: July 03, 2011, 05:38:08 AM »
70?? thanks for being around this long to share your experience,knowledge and wisdon with all of us,it's sad that we can't have you home though.I just want to wish you good health and a Happy Birthday,all the best. 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 03, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
Big up to LP

Happy birthday breads

Ah go buss some drinks for yuh
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 03, 2011, 02:38:25 PM »
threescore and 10 happy birthday LP
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 03, 2011, 02:44:56 PM »
Flex I eh go lie yuh is rel quality meh boy.

Happy Birthday Mr. Lincoln Phillips. Wish you all the best in your continued journey in the beautiful game.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 03, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »
Happy Birthday, Tiger.  Bless we wit some more years.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 03, 2011, 06:33:10 PM »
Big up to the Tiger & many many more healthy & happy returns!

Same day as American Indepenence day!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 03, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »
Happy Birthday, Coach. Actually, I saw Lincoln last night at a QRC reunion fundraiser in downtown, DC. He looked good. He said that his book will be out soon and he will reveal  lot of things.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »
70?? thanks for being around this long to share your experience,knowledge and wisdon with all of us,it's sad that we can't have you home though.I just want to wish you good health and a Happy Birthday,all the best. 
What experience knowledge and wisdom? so far T&T has done worst in the last 5 yrs than any other time in our footballin history. two missed gold cups, which means that we did awfully the the caribbean cup, an area we've dominated in yrs gone by.

players on the team that unfit, lack basic fundamental skill with no sign of improvement. in the past five yrs have not seen an increase on over seas contract for players, with many of them going on trials but failing miserably. last but not least, not one academy in place for yute players development.

so what experience knowledge and wisdom you talkin bout?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2011, 09:45:53 PM »
What experience knowledge and wisdom? so far T&T has done worst in the last 5 yrs than any other time in our footballin history. two missed gold cups, which means that we did awfully the the caribbean cup, an area we've dominated in yrs gone by.

players on the team that unfit, lack basic fundamental skill with no sign of improvement. in the past five yrs have not seen an increase on over seas contract for players, with many of them going on trials but failing miserably. last but not least, not one academy in place for yute players development.

you is some kinda ka-ka hole extraordinaire!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2011, 10:48:50 PM »

Hey JC, yuh need to learn how to wish one of our heroes a happy birthday sah!

Did you read Flex's interview with LP?

If not then here it is http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/8906-lincoln-phillips-gets-technical.html

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 04, 2011, 06:38:51 AM »

Check his background,history and achievements and you will understand what i'm talking about,that anti T&T Football head you does be pushing i hope you get far with it.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:53 AM »
Too many angry people on this site. There is a saying: "Anger blows out the lamp of the mind." I am a newcomer, but I also have the distinct impression many people on this site reside in North America, divorced from the daily realities of working in TT and in TT sport. From what I read, a little research, open-mindedness, and humility would go a long way to improving many a SWO member...

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 04, 2011, 08:33:57 AM »
...And I might add, I agree with many of you. Whatever his failings - and we all have some - give the man his due. Happy birthday Lincoln!...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 04, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »

@ least i don't hide behind ah sheet tuh talk like iza klansman! my shyte out in the open for every one tuh see, and when i talk my thing i don't give ah damn who vex. after all, i not trying to win no popularity contest.

i've said it and i'll say it again, the man did nothing to improve the standard of football on the island for the past five yrs!   who vex lorse!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 04, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »
@ least i don't hide behind ah sheet tuh talk like iza klansman! my shyte out in the open for every one tuh see, and when i talk my thing i don't give ah damn who vex. after all, i not trying to win no popularity contest.

i've said it and i'll say it again, the man did nothing to improve the standard of football on the island for the past five yrs!   who vex lorse!!

...You belie your name man. Be cool. A little respect for a man who started his contribution to TT football before you were born is in order - whatever you think of his latest effort. Peace...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 04, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
Too many angry people on this site. There is a saying: "Anger blows out the lamp of the mind." I am a newcomer, but I also have the distinct impression many people on this site reside in North America, divorced from the daily realities of working in TT and in TT sport. From what I read, a little research, open-mindedness, and humility would go a long way to improving many a SWO member...
Breddren i don't know how long you've been following T&T football, but if it's more than 10 yrs and you eh angry and fedup then something's seriously wrong with you.

BTW what does livin in a foreign land has tuh do with it? have you ever been to ah T&T game here in foreign? well i have, as ah matter of fact i've been to a couple of games, the most recent being the connection vs redbulls game @ the medowlands, and might i add the stadium was packed with T&T football supporters, as opposed to a semifinal i saw not too long ago @ the HSC with four of the best clubs on the island in ah double header cup semis, and if the stadium had ah thousand ppl it had plenty. and may i also add that the weather was quite conducive for football.

if ppl on this site is angry then they have all right to be, for more than ah generation T&T football has been struggling and the fellas who have it in ah strangle hold has done nothing but embarrass the integrity of the football and make we look like fools on international TV for the world tuh see how slack and complaisant ah ppl we could be.

just imagine ah man wid no prior experience and coaching qualifications was allowed to coach our MNT for two yrs with very little success after one yr and was allowed tuh continue for ah second term. the same mistake was made when maturana was allowed to take us to the hex after he failed tuh qualify for the gold cup in 2008.

it seems like these ppl are prone to making the same mistake over and over, BC right after the maturana fiasco, they turn round and did the same with latas! he failed to to even capture 4th place and finished ded last in the hex and was still allowed to continue coaching making us to miss out on the gold cup for a 2nd consecutive time.

then it took them almost six months before they hire a new coach and now it's been 9 months since we've played any kinda senior team football friendly or other wise, and you expect ppl not to be angry? the only reason we foreign based are angrier than the locals is BC allyuh become used to the half steppin and the foot draggin whereas we in foreign are exposed to so much excellence that our expectations are higher (not meant to be a dis, just a simple fact) and thus demand much more. me eh know bout no one esle but i damn angry and frustrated with trinidad football,  :frustrated: and right full so.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 04, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »

...You belie your name man. Be cool. A little respect for a man who started his contribution to TT football before you were born is in order - whatever you think of his latest effort. Peace...
Horse, hear meh and hear meh well, lewwe doh get off on the wrong foot eh, yuh now land so take time tuh learn yuh surroundings before yuh jump out the window.

i'm not saying all this out of hatred or spite, i just think that this man didn't do enough or even scratch the surface. i don't care what kinda contributions he made to T&T in the past, my motto is "what have you done for me lately" the same was asked of maradonna, dunga and javier aguirre.

this is what makes these countries sporting super powers, they don't give ah damn about nostalgia in sports, all they care about is the last result, and if we ever expect to compete with all these other super powers, then we need to adopt that position.

as for these guys, trust meh, lincoln has not contributed half of what they (dunga, maradonna) have done for their countries respectively, and in the end they were discarded like old bedding..

concerning my name and profile, you need tuh understand what cool truly means. it don't mean passive and it definitely don't mean docile. when someone is considered cool it translates to some who is up to date, aware and indulgent, not some super laid back pot head character without an opinion.        who vex forkin lorse, trust meh!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:34:25 AM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 04, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »

I know, ah learned from the best.   :devil:

truetrini

« Reply #470 on: July 04, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
THIS IS A THREAD wishing a true trini patriot Happy Birthday and thanking him for his contributions over many years to T&T football and yuh come here taking ah setta assholeness as is your usual Modus operandi.

I suppose you have contributed MORE to T&T football because you happened to go watch the team TWICE in the USA...congrats are also in order for you for your unwavering contributionsto the development of Soccer in T^T and sport in general.

As for your "shyte" being out in the open, I applaud you coming out...this is 2011 after all...be proud of your sexuality , you are what you are.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:56:00 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 05, 2011, 07:44:35 AM »
THIS IS A THREAD wishing a true trini patriot Happy Birthday and thanking him for his contributions over many years to T&T football and yuh come here taking ah setta assholeness as is your usual Modus operandi.

I suppose you have contributed MORE to T&T football because you happened to go watch the team TWICE in the USA...congrats are also in order for you for your unwavering contributionsto the development of Soccer in T^T and sport in general.

As for your "shyte" being out in the open, I applaud you coming out...this is 2011 after all...be proud of your sexuality , you are what you are.
Ah guess you lorse, BC yuh sounding like yuh vex.  :yawning:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:46:27 AM by just cool »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 06, 2011, 05:47:09 AM »
Happy belated LP.

Hope yuh had a great time.

Big Up !!!!!

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
Flex I eh go lie yuh is rel quality meh boy.

:applause:  agreed.

And Happy Birthday Lincoln, I had the pleasure of meeting you once, nice guy indeed.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 07, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »
I dont have a youtube account, but my wishes was posted here.

Hope LP reads it.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BROWNSUGAR AND EMAN
« Reply #475 on: August 08, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
Happy bday have a good 1 although it is a Manic Monday.

Mods move it manana plssssssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BROWNSUGAR AND EMAN
« Reply #476 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:58 AM »
Happy bday peeps...hope alyuh enjoy it

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 08, 2011, 11:01:41 AM »
Happy B'day ...

(fuh a minute dey I thought that M was an L)  8)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »
............sitting in ah tree?

Best wishes to both of you
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
Happy Birthday Brown!

DIS JES FUH YOU!!!

Happy Birthday Elan!  Enjoy yuh day breds
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>