March 29, 2024, 09:10:02 AM

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Thread  (Read 85958 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Edwards turns 28 today
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »
Edwards turns 28 today
By Ian Prescott (Trinidad Express)

CARLOS EDWARDS turns 28 on today's Eid-ul-Fitr holiday. Happy birthday Carlos!
While today is Edwards special day, and also that of Manchester United and England star Wayne Rooney, at least four other Soca Warriors have or are soon to become a year older.
Dwight Yorke, the captain and "old man" of the Trinidad and Tobago team which played in the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany, turns 35 on November 3, two Fridays from today. Remember when, as a 17-year-old, Yorke bent the ball around Grenada's wall to give Trinidad and Tobago a 2-1 victory in the Shell Caribbean Cup Final. That was 18 years ago.
And striker Stern John is set to leave his 20s behind. John, Trinidad and Tobago's all-time top-scorer with 67 goals in 100 appearances, turns 30 on October 30.
Also, two of the strikers who may chase John's record in the future celebrated a birthday.
Kenwyne Jones, the Southampton striker, became a 22-year-old on October 5, while talented but injury-prone Cornell Glen turned 26 on the Divali holiday, October 21.
And defender Atiba Charles was 29 on September 29 and striker Anthony Wolfe will be 23 on December 23.
One would imagine that Edwards, the Luton Town midfielder, would be enjoying an easy English afternoon with his family on his birthday. But, in the world of professional football, everyday is a work day. Not that Edwards minds too much.
"Carlos Edwards will be spending the day playing Everton in the Carling Cup," he said proudly to the Express yesterday by telephone. "My day will be spent doing the thing I love -playing football."
The Soca Warriors wingman is coming off a wonderful performance on Saturday, when he scored two goals for his club and tormented Leeds United as Luton thrashed them by a 5-1 margin. Edwards' part in the victory was well documented in the English press.
One report read: "After ten minutes, Luton were in front. Westlake slipped over on the left flank and allowed Vine to nick the ball off him, and play the ball through to Carlos Edwards on the Luton right. Goalkeeper Sullivan came racing off his line, but pulled out of the challenge for fear of pulling Edwards down. He might have thought he was safe to let Edwards run past, as he had forced the winger to shoot from a narrow angle, but the Luton man managed to fire the ball into the far corner and put the home side in front."
And Edwards continued to tournament Leeds United on the flank, setting up another goal for his team.
"Edwards was set free down the right and the winger skipped past two players on his way into the box, before crossing to a queue of Luton forwards on the other side of the box. Vine made a complete hash of his shot, but it didn't matter as Bell was also unmarked and had plenty of time to hammer the ball over the line."
Today, Edwards, who had a good World Cup for Trinidad and Tobago, is looking to give another impressive showing against Premier League highflyers Everton and prove what many are preaching-that he should be playing in the Premiership.
"It is a big game. We are the underdogs because Everton are a Premiership club, but we are coming off a high, beating Leeds by 5-1 on the weekend, and we will be looking to go out there and give of out best. I certainly want to do well," Edwards told the Express.
Although recognising that he is getting on in age, he nevertheless feels no different today than when he was a 20-year-old. He said that getting older does not at this stage affect how he plays on the field. Edwards is also thinking of the future and looking down the road to South Africa in 2010 when he hopes Trinidad and Tobago will qualify for a second consecutive FIFA World Cup.
"Do you think you will still be playing in the next World Cup team?" he was asked
"I think so...once I keep free from injury," he replied. "I think I will be around. I will be one of the more experienced players and I think that I should be able to lend my experience to the team and the younger players who will be coming into the squad as well."

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards turns 28 today
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »
Wham the whole team born in the same week owa ,happy birthday everybody lol .

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »
HAPPY BITHDAY CARLOS!!!  :beermug:  :party: :applause: And to all the other Warriors!! Nice to know I am in good company when it comes to celebrating ah b/day..Scorpios rule the WORLD!  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2006, 06:47:03 PM »
HAPPY BITHDAY CARLOS!!!  :beermug:  :party: :applause: And to all the other Warriors!! Nice to know I am in good company when it comes to celebrating ah b/day..Scorpios rule the WORLD;D

Big Up!

INDEED!!!!!!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2006, 09:17:50 AM »
Happy Birthday Carlos

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2006, 09:25:10 AM »
Birthday defeat for Soca Warrior Edwards
Source: - Trinidad Guardian

Soca Warrior Carlos Edwards was on the losing end on his birthday as his English Championship club Luton Town lost 4-0 to Premier League side Everton in the Carling Cup on Tuesday evening.

Edwards, who turned 28, played the entire match at Goodison Park as his side went down to strikes by Tim Cahill (23rd minute), a Keith Keane own goal (34th), James McFadden (53rd) and Victor Anichebe (83rd).

Over at Bramall Lane, Barbadian international Paul Ifill was also on the wrong side of the scoreline when his Premiership team Sheffield United gave up a one-goal lead at home to be upset 4-2 by Championship side Birmingham City.

Ifill also played the full 90 minutes and Ade Akinbiyi put Sheffield United ahead in the 21st minute but Dudley Campbell equalised four minutes before half-time. The visitors then took over the contest when Nicklas Bendtner put them ahead in the 70th minute and Cameron Jerome made it 3-1 in the 79th minute.

Nick Montgomery pulled a goal back for Sheffield with five minutes left but Sebastian Larsson sealed victory in the 90th minute.

At The Hawthorns, Theo Walcott, the England Under-21 with Caribbean connections set up a goal as Arsenal won away to West Bromwich Albion 2-0.

Walcott shone in his second start for his Premiership side, as manager Arsene Wenger fielded a young second string team.

French striker Jeremie Aliadiere converted a penalty kick in the 34th minute to give Arsenal the lead, and connected on Walcott’s cross in the 49th to secure a place in the fourth round for his side.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
#14 turns 30 on the 30th
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »
Today (30th Oct) is Stern John birthday ....just want to say all the best to TnT all time leading goal scorer ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY #14
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: #14 turns 30 on the 30th
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2006, 11:21:17 AM »

Més que un club.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2006, 11:24:49 AM »
Dis Gee, ya TOO WOTLESS  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
is de man bird day
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAVO!!!!
I hope you heal up real quick ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:00:17 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2006, 11:25:07 AM »
hahaha  :rotfl:
yuh good disgruntled
Hart for president

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »

yuh see yuh real ungratefull ...since de man acknowledge yuh is really his 4month premature born chile (ah know yuh read de interview) yuh still vex wid de man ...he is yuh fadder have some respeck on de man birthday.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2006, 11:36:20 AM »
me eh know why yuh computer doh blow up or yuh get the worse case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome known to man so yuh cyah type no more sh!t

between TI's insipid rantings and your going on about Stern all yuh does make here an uncomfortable place

Més que un club.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »
me eh know why yuh computer doh blow up or yuh get the worse case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome known to man so yuh cyah type no more sh!t

between TI's insipid rantings and your going on about Stern all yuh does make here an uncomfortable place

me eh know why yuh eh make ah flip an go f@$k yuh self ..between you and ah whore that eh get pay I eh know who does be more disgruntled...like ah say is ah good ting yuh fadder Stern already clear de air about you and he in de interview so we know why yuh always carry on like ah imps when #14 name come up....oh and he ask how onezee going.?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2006, 11:52:09 AM »
Happy birthday #14  big up yuh self :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2006, 01:02:06 PM »
Happy Birthday Stern #14 John...can't believe you is ah Scorpio though  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2006, 01:19:42 PM »
Happy  big 30
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2006, 01:37:09 PM »
Happy  big 30

Happy 3oth tuh Sterny man!! Ah wish him all de best in de future!!

Blessings!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2006, 01:46:17 PM »
Happy Birthday to T&T's all time leading goal scorer!

Enjoy to de max Stern!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2006, 01:50:37 PM »
Happy 30th Stern, all de bess boss  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »
Yeah Stern, BIG-up yuh chest everytime!

Enjoy yuh day as much as I enjoyed seeing T&T for the 1st time in a senior World Cup!

You deserve a great day so doh let Disgruntled spoil it!  :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2006, 03:02:47 PM »
BIG UP TO STERN

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2006, 04:49:16 PM »
Happy Birthday Stern

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2006, 04:56:39 PM »
Happy Birthday to our countries most prolific goal scorer.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2006, 04:59:44 PM »
Big up to Stern John...  Happy B'day my boy...  keep on scoring to anger Disgruntled(your son)  ;D

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2006, 05:22:55 PM »
Happy Birthday Stern
All the best in the future
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2006, 05:24:27 PM »
best wishes to the big man in de business...

all de best for the comin year....

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Dwight!
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2006, 03:44:26 PM »
Congratulations Dwight on your 35th birthday.  :cheers:
You are as young as yuh feel, you have been rejuvenated, keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:23:18 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Dwight!
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2006, 03:49:13 PM »
oh shucks. i almost forgot that . its amzing that this guy has been around profesionally since i was around seven.i hope you can keep going.
 doh study nobody,dwight, you have another world cup left in you.i'm looking forward to seeing you play in south africa!
                happy birthday ,dwight!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2006, 10:00:18 PM »
oh shucks. i almost forgot that . its amzing that this guy has been around profesionally since i was around seven.i hope you can keep going.
 doh study nobody,dwight, you have another world cup left in you.i'm looking forward to seeing you play in south africa!
                happy birthday ,dwight!

:applause: Happy birthday Mr Yorke. Ah doh know if ah missed any other member post, beside myself you is de first person ah see dat think de boss coming back.Ah did say dat about Yorke ah couple times, yeh ah honestly think dat South Africa is on his mind. He is just taking it one step at ah time, by saying he would only be around fuh de next 2 years. Bless.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 03:32:06 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2006, 10:40:10 PM »
Happy bday yorkie.....from your pal kingman!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

1]; } ?>