March 28, 2024, 03:06:15 PM

Author Topic: Who is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch  (Read 19688 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »
Jah Gol ah going and create real annoyance and mayhem with this comment. ian Clauzel is the best dribbler Trini ever create. The powers that be kept the man off the national team because he refuse to cut he dread. Is a pity youtube and them thing was not in session then because de brother spoil real careers and men woulda struggle to see they self being exposed like that. When as was attending John-D he use to work in Jerningham Avenue. The first time ah dee the brother ah try real hard not to be a groupee fan. What ah cool brother. While ah on this topic somebody please remind me he partner in crime at Mucurapo during them time. Unfortunately he went off. Rumor had it that football was the culprit
But funny thing though , clauzel cut his dread and went into the army even before i left T&T.

i'm sure he played ah few games for the army and should've been selected for the national team.  who know's , maybe there is a clip of him floating around somewhere.

as for him not getting selected for national duty after he cut his dreads and joined the army, i will take an educated guess and say , someone who thinks he's the king of football in T&T probably didn't like clauzel BC he was from behind the bridge and a former rasta.

probably that someone put the brakes on him! BTW, was alvin the coach of T&T before gally? ;)
        Just Cool i'm not trying to be funny or anything here but may be i missed out on this in DF Football history,i never knew Clauzel was at one time in DF,what years?who did he play with?who was the Coach at that time?how long did he spend there?i think i know enough of the history of DF Football and should know something about this,i never heard anyone talk about him in DF.
        I had the opportunity to coach Clauzel when Motown brought him to play with ECM in the Arthur Suite Pro League,it was difficult for him to get a regular starting/playing position on the team because of the quality of players i had,although he was very skillful he could not handle it when the game got physical and i think that's where the line was drawn when we look at him in terms of being on a national team,Eric White was also playing for me at that same time. 
Hear meh now coop. i never said the man played for defence force, but rather , he cut his dreads and became a soldier just before i left trini.

i only assumed he played for them since he was such ah telented player and defence force would want to take advantage of the opportunity to have him play for them.

so in all honesty i'm not sure if he was or wasn't on the team, but what i do know is he was indeed in the army and he was still playing ball when i left T&T.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
Jah Gol ah going and create real annoyance and mayhem with this comment. ian Clauzel is the best dribbler Trini ever create. The powers that be kept the man off the national team because he refuse to cut he dread. Is a pity youtube and them thing was not in session then because de brother spoil real careers and men woulda struggle to see they self being exposed like that. When as was attending John-D he use to work in Jerningham Avenue. The first time ah dee the brother ah try real hard not to be a groupee fan. What ah cool brother. While ah on this topic somebody please remind me he partner in crime at Mucurapo during them time. Unfortunately he went off. Rumor had it that football was the culprit
But funny thing though , clauzel cut his dread and went into the army even before i left T&T.

i'm sure he played ah few games for the army and should've been selected for the national team.  who know's , maybe there is a clip of him floating around somewhere.

as for him not getting selected for national duty after he cut his dreads and joined the army, i will take an educated guess and say , someone who thinks he's the king of football in T&T probably didn't like clauzel BC he was from behind the bridge and a former rasta.

probably that someone put the brakes on him! BTW, was alvin the coach of T&T before gally? ;)
        Just Cool i'm not trying to be funny or anything here but may be i missed out on this in DF Football history,i never knew Clauzel was at one time in DF,what years?who did he play with?who was the Coach at that time?how long did he spend there?i think i know enough of the history of DF Football and should know something about this,i never heard anyone talk about him in DF.
        I had the opportunity to coach Clauzel when Motown brought him to play with ECM in the Arthur Suite Pro League,it was difficult for him to get a regular starting/playing position on the team because of the quality of players i had,although he was very skillful he could not handle it when the game got physical and i think that's where the line was drawn when we look at him in terms of being on a national team,Eric White was also playing for me at that same time. 
Hear meh now coop. i never said the man played for defence force, but rather , he cut his dreads and became a soldier just before i left trini.

i only assumed he played for them since he was such ah telented player and defence force would want to take advantage of the opportunity to have him play for them.

so in all honesty i'm not sure if he was or wasn't on the team, but what i do know is he was indeed in the army and he was still playing ball when i left T&T.
        Thanks Breds,just thought i missed something,i'm not on the put down anybody scene,i hear yu.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »
I'll throw out some names. Not thrown around on the thread.

Sammy Llewyn, Leroy DeLeon, Clebert Leonnard, Richard Sutherland, Brian John, Wendell Moore
Leroy Spann, Leonson Lewis, Nigel Clark
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »

Sammy Llewyn, Leroy DeLeon, Clebert Leonnard, Richard Sutherland, Brian John, Wendell Moore

De Leon was one of the most feared mid-fielders in the NASL. :beermug:
Nobody mention Gally, like he kill priest.  ::)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »

If i was to name any one player as exciting to watch i would say Bert Neptune without a doubt,all the players called so far not in Berta's class as a dribbler,what makes him stand out is that he dribbleled the same way at any level and was successful with it.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »

If i was to name any one player as exciting to watch i would say Bert Neptune without a doubt,all the players called so far not in Berta's class as a dribbler,what makes him stand out is that he dribbleled the same way at any level and was successful with it.

Berta was excellent but come on.

Berta a better dribbler than Latas?  De Leon?  Spann?  Sammy?  Clauzel?  Evans Wise even?  Come Coop's...you know better dan dat.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »
LeRoy De Leon and Warren Archiebald

In recent times Dwght Yorke and Russell Latapy

Right now...not one ass playing exciting football.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »

Berta a better dribbler than Latas?  De Leon?  Spann?  Sammy?  Clauzel?  Evans Wise even?  Come Coop's...you know better dan dat.

Palos I eh know nah. I eh know how I forget Berta. He was an amazing dribbler not just in the league football but International games as well. I played with both Spanner and Berta, so I watch dem on the original HD  ;D

He was certainly a better and more effective dribbler than Wise, Clauzel, Spanner and Sammy in my books
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
"Ducking".....dat man coulda beat man, pelt blade and had speed for days. I think he played for Jon D and Pres. south.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »
"Ducking".....dat man coulda beat man, pelt blade and had speed for days. I think he played for Jon D and Pres. south.
Steups. All dat man had going fuh him was two banga calves  :devil:.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2009, 07:23:26 PM »
Yes Sammy and Bertha off course. I had the pleasure off playing with Sammy and the man was phenomenal at club level. And he was super at international level. I did not see much of Bertha. What little I saw was real exciting. I think he did play for the Caribbean team coached by Alvin. After his injury, everything went downhill for him. His case is one of the saddest for any sportsman who represented TT and caribbean football

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »

Nah boy Palos,Berta was trouble and din just use tuh beat with yuh dribble but had ah shake that was poison ..Berta really wasn't easy ,I eh know how I forget him .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »

Thanks Breds,just thought i missed something,i'm not on the put down anybody scene,i hear yu.
yuh preaching tuh the chior coop, I of all ppl should know that BC of the way yuh deal wid i, and it's always very respectful. it eh no scene bredder, yuhs one of the few big men it have and the board and it shows.

every thing curry man. it's ah cool scene.   :beermug:           positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »
wise used to share some beat in truth when yuh playing them it was expected, wise one side, mitchell on the other, didn't wanna be a wing back playing vs St. Anthony's at all. 

De most beat I see Wise share was in MLS wit de Tampa Bay team ah tink it was.  He used to embarass defenders for fun but couldn't cross or shoot to save he life.  But talk bout ENTERTAINING!  De commentators did love him.

I could top dat, ah game he play fuh de Revs oh gawd da man share beats.  Ah fuhget who de Revs was playin eh, but at one point de man on de touch line and beat 3 man who circle him like cohbow rong dead meat.  After he beat dem he put een probably de bess cross ah he life and deh score.  every touch he get afta dat was mash up blade in he ass.

Because I went St. Anthony's in that time I had ah up close view sweatin lunch time wid dem fellas.  Between he and Miguel it was embarrassment fuh days

here how feared wise was. i went on a try outs with a school in florida and wise was still at tampa bay. so i talking to some of d players on d team so ah big african american ask me where i was from, cause he here my accent. i told him im from trinidad and tobago. he said wey....u know dat fella....evans wise? ah say yeh y? he say i met him some months ago. we had a practice game against d mutiny and i had to mark dat fella. after the first drag through my leg he start talking to me...dats how i recognise yuh accent. then i decide my girl in d stands and i not allowing this fella to embarass me like this so i going and hit him hard. LOL...soldier say d harder he try to hit wise de more beat and more embarassed he became...cause everybody in d stadium start to laugh...he say he swear he gyal was laughing too. by the end of d game..there were 3 players trying to mark wise and is level beat for all. soldier say that was d most skillful display of football he ever saw. he had nightmares after dat game for a while...to d point d next two games he played he cudnt share blade like he wud normally do because he was scared that d striker wud do to him wat wise did. eventually he realised dat wise was a one in a kind dribbler and nobody else will do dat to him....i nearly dead with laugh when i hear this story!!!

needless to say because of wise i had my way with d same defender for d tryouts!!! LOL! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »
wise used to share some beat in truth when yuh playing them it was expected, wise one side, mitchell on the other, didn't wanna be a wing back playing vs St. Anthony's at all. 

De most beat I see Wise share was in MLS wit de Tampa Bay team ah tink it was.  He used to embarass defenders for fun but couldn't cross or shoot to save he life.  But talk bout ENTERTAINING!  De commentators did love him.

I could top dat, ah game he play fuh de Revs oh gawd da man share beats.  Ah fuhget who de Revs was playin eh, but at one point de man on de touch line and beat 3 man who circle him like cohbow rong dead meat.  After he beat dem he put een probably de bess cross ah he life and deh score.  every touch he get afta dat was mash up blade in he ass.

Because I went St. Anthony's in that time I had ah up close view sweatin lunch time wid dem fellas.  Between he and Miguel it was embarrassment fuh days

here how feared wise was. i went on a try outs with a school in florida and wise was still at tampa bay. so i talking to some of d players on d team so ah big african american ask me where i was from, cause he here my accent. i told him im from trinidad and tobago. he said wey....u know dat fella....evans wise? ah say yeh y? he say i met him some months ago. we had a practice game against d mutiny and i had to mark dat fella. after the first drag through my leg he start talking to me...dats how i recognise yuh accent. then i decide my girl in d stands and i not allowing this fella to embarass me like this so i going and hit him hard. LOL...soldier say d harder he try to hit wise de more beat and more embarassed he became...cause everybody in d stadium start to laugh...he say he swear he gyal was laughing too. by the end of d game..there were 3 players trying to mark wise and is level beat for all. soldier say that was d most skillful display of football he ever saw. he had nightmares after dat game for a while...to d point d next two games he played he cudnt share blade like he wud normally do because he was scared that d striker wud do to him wat wise did. eventually he realised dat wise was a one in a kind dribbler and nobody else will do dat to him....i nearly dead with laugh when i hear this story!!!

needless to say because of wise i had my way with d same defender for d tryouts!!! LOL! :beermug:

For the purpose ot this thread he was exciting. At the higher level, he would beat and go nowhere...

Wise mainly had a really really really good rolly-polly. He was crazy wit the ball on the sole of his feet, nice to watch but will turn around and make a bad cross . ... :(

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »
Ok I was thinking only nationals ....but if is minor league I really have to apologize for leaving out " Spanner George " from St Francois Nationals ...and ah sure it eh have ah defender in the north zone who din get a spanner or something similar from George !

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2009, 03:58:35 AM »
I think some men getting confused between exciting and very good players. It seem there are quite a few players mentioned who are exceptional players but far from exciting
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2009, 07:52:08 AM »
So after reading dis thread and ting..de question enter my mind.....

How come for all dis so called flair and natural skill we have.....we scrunting for creative options on de senior team...and always looking for the next latapy?

I must be starting to sound like palos now.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2009, 08:30:40 AM »
Almost forget one of the most exciting dribblers Grimes from Eldo he was sick with it.  He coulds shake a man , used to move he hands all over all kinda antics.  Grimes was bad.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2009, 10:22:18 AM »
Jerad Nixon. How can we forget him.  The man who invented the drag or perfected the art.   :heehee:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »

Yea son, Evans was no joke dribbling wise(no pun intended) but he reminds me of ah Trini version of Denilson...dribble,dribble dribble and not much finishing.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »
Leonson, Latas, Marcelle, Jughead, Stern, Cornell, Nixon
Most exciting: Leonson just pippin' Latas.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2009, 07:48:05 PM »
Funny how is only long ago players we could talk bout eh ? nothing in de mix dese days !!! why is that ..maybe another thread ???

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2009, 08:24:56 PM »
Already mention Sheldon Bennett at youth level.

At big man level its a photo finish between Marcelle and Leonson...ah have to give it to Leonson because of the big games he played in ..and  besides, what else can be more exciting than 21 goals in 30 games for T&T?

1]; } ?>