April 19, 2024, 04:52:25 PM

Author Topic: Who is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch  (Read 19927 times)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Re: Who is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »
Right now Carlos Edwards. All time Russel Latapy.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
All yuh cyar read or wha  ??? de man thread ask  ' Who is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch' not footballers .Buh man like Palos n dem post ah whole freaking list  ::)
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »
Gally Cummimgs- Alvin Corneal- Kevin Berassa- Carlton Franco

Keith David-= The whole front line of St Benedicts in they heydays- Twinketoes, etc
 Latapy in any generation- Yorke- Evans Wise- Leonson Lewis -Stern John

Whitley- Birchill- Touissant- Glen.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »
Gally Cummimgs- Alvin Corneal- Kevin Berassa- Carlton Franco

Keith David-= The whole front line of St Benedicts in they heydays- Twinketoes, etc
 Latapy in any generation- Yorke- Evans Wise- Leonson Lewis -Stern John

Whitley- Birchill- Touissant- Glen.

Padna, some of dem names yuh call off like yuh have some age.  :devil:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »
Latapy .....   Ivan sampson ...... Clint Marcelle ... Nixon .... Sherwood
My top 5 but Latas is number one

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »
Jerron Nixon was exciting to watch in his day. In little spurts so was Dwarika.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
Correct is right. What do you think is only youth man on this site ? Listen brother in the glory days of Football, none of the pretenders playing presently, with the exception of Yorke and Latapy would have made a T&T team.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »
Jerren Nixon - Marvin Oliver - Dawrika - Hardest - Latas - Carlos - Keon Daniel
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »
Correct is right. What do you think is only youth man on this site ? Listen brother in the glory days of Football, none of the pretenders playing presently, with the exception of Yorke and Latapy would have made a T&T team.

Daz ole talk injunchile.

De footballers back den in de so called glory days couldn't beat teams in de caribbean.

When english teams used to come down and play fete match, dey regularly used to give dem fellas 6 and 7 in dey tail.

Yes, de players now have more exposure to facilities and able to go fuh trials etc which is partly why dey would trounce dem ole men if dey was around in dem days.

De reality is...as much as we would not like to admit it....today's athletes, regardless of the sport, are IN GENERAL better than their predecessors.

For example....people doh want to admit it, and I is one a dem, but LeBron James is ALREADY a better BASKETBALL PLAYER than Michael Jordan ever was.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:22:08 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Who was/is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 03:06:52 PM »
Archie ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »
Palos,
        Haiti, Suriname and Cuba to a lesser extent are a mere shadow of themselves today. Those teams were good. Even Martinique and Guadeloupe use to give all the Caribbean teams a run for their money in those days. look at JA record against those teams of that era and it is almost the same as us. It is unfair to the younger generation to compare players and teams of different eras with us older guys on forum. All just was not born as yet. That is just a fact.

I say Warren Archibald!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »
NOW - 1) Keon Daniel, 2) Carlos Edwards

EVER THAT I'VE SEEN - 1) Russell Latapy, 2) Clint Marcelle (U16), 3) Dwight Yorke, 4) Ian Clauzel

(1) I cosign on every name on this list
  (2) Anytime a man mention Clauzel name meh pores does raise!  Tank yuh! 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »
past: Leonson

present: Any number of present day wingbacks (exciting in de entirely wrong way)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »
Latas, Marselle, Dwarika, Lewis, Carlos, Jaggy, Wise back in intercol and MLS days as well and ah man who disappear off the map but was super promising Miguel Mitchell.  MM was ridiculous with skill and ball handling and had ah serious bullet too.  Ah wonder wha ever happen to da yute in troot boi!!!

Berris we illiterate bad eh :devil:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:16:57 PM by Optimus Prime »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »
For what i have see with my eye's Lata......

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »
I remember meh boi jazzinhno from arima and without a doubt one of the most amazing footballers to ever grace T&T is a guy call chet from tacarigua tringrove area,boi if he was around today he woulda be in demand anywhere he go almost like ah god......   

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
I dont get a lot of oppurtunity to see many of our present ballers on a regular basis but from what I have seen,Carlos
and Latapy gets my vote,but I met an old boy from Woodbrook in POS and he said that Alvin Corneal was the best winger that ever played football for TT AND WAS FULL OF ALL THE SKILLS AND SPEED.I have seen a lot of Yorke but that is when he played for Villa but in his best playing days he did not figure much for TT.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »
grace T&T is a guy call chet from tacarigua tringrove area,boi if he was around today he woulda be in demand anywhere he go almost like ah god......   

Chet yes yuh go make Jaijohn happy with that-but he was damn good tiny lil bugger.

Yorke all time for me, now-is none

Hon mention since everyone else doing a list
Latas, Bert neptune, Rambo gibbs, 'Pucky' a rasta from tacarigua utd deadly dribbler,
Ivan sampson-dribbler again,
Marcelle amazing,
Leo lewis speed strength, athleticism, killer instincts
Daren lewis -he father was a boss too
Dwarika.
Bert Williams from tobago.
Entertainement value Zane O'Brien yeah ah call he name showmanship galore.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 04:47:09 PM »
grace T&T is a guy call chet from tacarigua tringrove area,boi if he was around today he woulda be in demand anywhere he go almost like ah god......   

Chet yes yuh go make Jaijohn happy with that-but he was damn good tiny lil bugger.

Yorke all time for me, now-is none

Hon mention since everyone else doing a list
Latas, Bert neptune, Rambo gibbs, 'Pucky' a rasta from tacarigua utd deadly dribbler,
Ivan sampson-dribbler again,
Marcelle amazing,
Leo lewis speed strength, athleticism, killer instincts
Daren lewis -he father was a boss too
Dwarika.
Bert Williams from tobago.
Entertainement value Zane O'Brien yeah ah call he name showmanship galore.

Sam and Star Child. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »
The only thing i going to say on this subject is,today we have better players which means we have better quality teams,that should speak well for the quality of Coaches we have,this in according to the consensus on here,something still bothers me,why the attendance so poor at games?why these guys playing to empty stands?why has people lost interest in the game at home?

We does blame everything besides our so called quality players for our failures,JW,TTFF,Coaches etc etc could you imagine we used to get 6/7 from teams coming home to play fete match but anywhere our players played they were picked up for contracts,scouts used to come home and pick up guys like Lincoln Phillips,Gerry Brown,Victor Gamaldo,Warren Archibald,Steve David etc etc schools used to grab our players for scholarships,now mind you this is a country everybody does beat.

These guys open doors,break barriers for the guys today to benefit,not because most of you have not seen or heard of any of these guys means what they have done is irrelevant,yes we old it's the reason we can talk the way we do because we from an era where people in T&T used to enjoy Football regardless of who played,i must say the game has changed in many ways and i feel for guys that play Football today because of the amount of pressure they are under,peoples expectations are usually very high and is like they feel like they own you because you are paid to play,i still feel like i've played in the best time,it was a time when the whole country was involved in the game.        

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »

Daz ole talk injunchile.

De footballers back den in de so called glory days couldn't beat teams in de caribbean.

When english teams used to come down and play fete match, dey regularly used to give dem fellas 6 and 7 in dey tail.

Yes, de players now have more exposure to facilities and able to go fuh trials etc which is partly why dey would trounce dem ole men if dey was around in dem days.

De reality is...as much as we would not like to admit it....today's athletes, regardless of the sport, are IN GENERAL better than their predecessors.

For example....people doh want to admit it, and I is one a dem, but LeBron James is ALREADY a better BASKETBALL PLAYER than Michael Jordan ever was.

aye palos, answer dis question.

trinidad & tobago 4 - mexico 0

what year was dat?..
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »

Daz ole talk injunchile.

what year was dat?..

Right after you answer Trinidad & Tobago 0 - Sweden 0

With how many men?  What year?  Where?  What occasion?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »

Daz ole talk injunchile.

[/quote]

what year was dat?..

[/quote]

Right after you answer Trinidad & Tobago 0 - Sweden 0

With how many men?  What year?  Where?  What occasion?
[/quote]

aye palos, what year was dat?

tnt 4 - mexico 0

dat could not have been d footballers and dem back den you was quoting about could it????

nah....

dat must have been ah tobago team.....
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
Hero Warrior

« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:47:08 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to much names, cyah pick one, but will add
Now players: Carlos, Stern, Jones, Scottie, Birchall, Lawrence, Ince....Latas
excitement cause ah wha him do good: Edwards..Latas
in between players: Yorke & Latas, cause ah wha dem do good
Past: Nancoo, Archie, Chinnas, Twinkletoes,ah central Mid for Malvern (cyah remember he name ..Excitement: Carter
players ah didn't get to see enuff: Steve David, Daryl Roberts, Latas (prime)
Player ah only real, real hear bout: Peter Mitchell, ah shortman from Barataria

Yuh probably referring to Terry Jessemy aka shortman. He used to rock a baby fro back then. Ah cosign if is thais man yuh talking bout.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »
He name was probably mentioned before but ah wanna add Sheldon Bennett  to the list.. he was something special to watch at the youth level.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
Me

lol berris, i was going to put that and as i was scrolling down i saw you did it, lol.

But anyways, the answer is
1.) Me
2)Latapy
3)Keon Daniel(on his game)
4)Cornell Glenn(also on his game n mainly cause of his blistering speed)
5) Carlos Edwards(he's no 5, but more effective and better than everyone on the list except no. 1 and no. 2)

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »
Even though Ian Clauzel The Dread Dribbler force me to almost forgo meh dreams and aspirations to don the John D jersey after seeing him leave a wake ah John D men falling all around him on the Sunday morning papers. But ah going down with meh boy Jerry Jack. All yuh remember channel 9 ( Marlon Morris) and 14 (Jerry Jack). Back in dem days there was no room in the inn in savanah when 9 &14 was on . jerry never even make the national team As for why Jack never made the national team trust meh just cool it had nothing to do with ability. My boy had some personal issues of the field that cause him to get overlook but under secrecy thing till I die and ah go leave it dey 8). You call some good men though but the Belmont massive go put Jack before a lot ah them fellas
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »
Is Keon Daniel really that exciting to watch?  His energy level is so low....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »
Latas, Marselle, Dwarika, Lewis, Carlos, Jaggy, Wise back in intercol and MLS days as well and ah man who disappear off the map but was super promising Miguel Mitchell.  MM was ridiculous with skill and ball handling and had ah serious bullet too.  Ah wonder wha ever happen to da yute in troot boi!!!

Berris we illiterate bad eh :devil:

Ah rite is so ,ah go join een too  ....Sammy ,Tom Phillip ,Plucky ,Sackie ,Michael Whiley, Chinas ,Oldman ,Mooze ,Tractor,Emma,Bellies ,Jappa ,Latas ,Leonson ,Sherwood ,Steve David,Archie ,Roger Latillery , Keith Weeks, Rudy, Ron La ,Qua bros, Stern John, Cary (de red man from de green machine) ,Robert 'dog' Cuthbert,(big big players)Alvin Edwards,Leroy Spann ,Michael Grayson......and me ,just tuh name ah few   :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:10:58 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>