April 28, 2024, 06:17:19 AM

Author Topic: Who is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch  (Read 20043 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the most exciiting Trini footballer to watch
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
Jughead will go down as minor league Starboy par excellence !!! There wasn't a minor league that men din know Jughead. Then it wasn't go Stabbi ..it was go Juggie !!!

Elliot Alleyne (Simeon Road Ball Players) was a nex Minor League CHAMP.  He was KING in de Diego and Valley Leagues.  Juggie came right after.

Den of course yuh have Hardest who is probably de biggest Minor League / Passa Passa champ of dem all.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
So who yuh thinking bout kicker the great spider man cause ah see him pull off some spectacular ones back in the day while playing for ASL

I see Shaka prevent us from getting like 10 from Mexico (in Mexico) and the same for Costa Rica in Costa Rica (a time they hit us 3 and if not for Shaka's heroics it coulda been double digits)....Shaka against Sweded in WC '06 could probably go down as the single best individual performance in a T&T shirt too...

Give the goalies some love lol  ;D

He was big in the Sweden game but you real exaggerating
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »
So who yuh thinking bout kicker the great spider man cause ah see him pull off some spectacular ones back in the day while playing for ASL

I see Shaka prevent us from getting like 10 from Mexico (in Mexico) and the same for Costa Rica in Costa Rica (a time they hit us 3 and if not for Shaka's heroics it coulda been double digits)....Shaka against Sweded in WC '06 could probably go down as the single best individual performance in a T&T shirt too...

lol then gimme a bigger individual performance for T&T in a competitive game..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2009, 02:04:01 PM »
This is a real argument site. For one of the best minor league I have seen is a guy from Cocrite name Junior Ifill. He did play for Police later. College ball, there were so many. All the guys from 68/68/70. Peter Mitchell is one of the best I have seen and played against. Fustration with football was his demise. Southmen can elaborate on that some more. Goal keepers. Trevor, Danny Williams, Figeroux, Barclay, Carter, Granville.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2009, 02:10:53 PM »
Ok and Shaka off course. Not because of the WC. At Howard, he was magnificiant. He carried Howard to the NCAA championship final.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
Allyuh remember the green machine midfielder back in the very late 70's to early 80's his name is matamoro,plus we could sure do with john ned as a defender for T&T right now......

What about the Clark Bros from st james,  the les pierre Bros from woodbrook,here's a dribbler for allyuh my teamate from tranquill Noel Nurse (aka callitt)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »
If yuh want to see excitement just keep your eyes fix on Aklie Edwards and yuh bound to see goals score

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »
If yuh want to see excitement just keep your eyes fix on Aklie Edwards and yuh bound to see goals score
;) ;) :D

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »

u not easy nah ::) :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »

strange and all joke aside I really feel that this young player can make it big. I'll tell you why ...he has a good touch..I hope I dont have to expalin dat ...
He carries the ball well at his feet ...head well over and perfectly balanced. He is not afraid, like keon Daniel who is even more skillful, to take on opposing players .
ok he is naive in defense and is not really noted for his tackling ...but his anticipation is good ...if you ever wanted to make a case for a player in the wrong position it is Akiel Edwards.
Why are we trying to make him a defender when he might be more suited to being a flanking midfielder eludes me ?
..just my view but i would not be surprised if some big club sees these very qualities and at his age is willing to take a chance with him.
Time will tell

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2009, 07:51:30 PM »
So many names, where does one start, where does one end?

But allyuh calling men from minor league football???

That I have seen......Clint Marcelle, Lobo Joseph, Maurice Alibey, Ron La Forest, Leonson Lewis, Yorke, Latas, Jughead.

Today......Latas, Carlos Edwards and Cornell Glenn.

Honorable mention.....M. Faustin and Hutson Charles.

Two defenders who I always liked, Ainsley Weekes and Brian Williams.

Heard a lot of V. Skinner but never saw a lot of him.
Likewise Bomber Theodore...RIP.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »

strange and all joke aside I really feel that this young player can make it big. I'll tell you why ...he has a good touch..I hope I dont have to expalin dat ...
He carries the ball well at his feet ...head well over and perfectly balanced. He is not afraid, like keon Daniel who is even more skillful, to take on opposing players .
ok he is naive in defense and is not really noted for his tackling ...but his anticipation is good ...if you ever wanted to make a case for a player in the wrong position it is Akiel Edwards.
Why are we trying to make him a defender when he might be more suited to being a flanking midfielder eludes me ?
..just my view but i would not be surprised if some big club sees these very qualities and at his age is willing to take a chance with him.
Time will tell

i think he is naturally a left mide=fieder for his club defence force..i might be wrong...

but back to the topic..clint marcelle, dwarika and latapy...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »
Jah Gol ah going and create real annoyance and mayhem with this comment. ian Clauzel is the best dribbler Trini ever create. The powers that be kept the man off the national team because he refuse to cut he dread. Is a pity youtube and them thing was not in session then because de brother spoil real careers and men woulda struggle to see they self being exposed like that. When as was attending John-D he use to work in Jerningham Avenue. The first time ah dee the brother ah try real hard not to be a groupee fan. What ah cool brother. While ah on this topic somebody please remind me he partner in crime at Mucurapo during them time. Unfortunately he went off. Rumor had it that football was the culprit
But funny thing though , clauzel cut his dread and went into the army even before i left T&T.

i'm sure he played ah few games for the army and should've been selected for the national team.  who know's , maybe there is a clip of him floating around somewhere.

as for him not getting selected for national duty after he cut his dreads and joined the army, i will take an educated guess and say , someone who thinks he's the king of football in T&T probably didn't like clauzel BC he was from behind the bridge and a former rasta.

probably that someone put the brakes on him! BTW, was alvin the coach of T&T before gally? ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »
wait nah...this thread still going on ???... this shoulda stop with the first post

Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:25 PM »
Jah Gol ah going and create real annoyance and mayhem with this comment. ian Clauzel is the best dribbler Trini ever create. The powers that be kept the man off the national team because he refuse to cut he dread. Is a pity youtube and them thing was not in session then because de brother spoil real careers and men woulda struggle to see they self being exposed like that. When as was attending John-D he use to work in Jerningham Avenue. The first time ah dee the brother ah try real hard not to be a groupee fan. What ah cool brother. While ah on this topic somebody please remind me he partner in crime at Mucurapo during them time. Unfortunately he went off. Rumor had it that football was the culprit
But funny thing though , clauzel cut his dread and went into the army even before i left T&T.

i'm sure he played ah few games for the army and should've been selected for the national team.  who know's , maybe there is a clip of him floating around somewhere.

as for him not getting selected for national duty after he cut his dreads and joined the army, i will take an educated guess and say , someone who thinks he's the king of football in T&T probably didn't like clauzel BC he was from behind the bridge and a former rasta.

probably that someone put the brakes on him! BTW, was alvin the coach of T&T before gally? ;)

Alvin was coach before Gally Just cool ah didn't want to be the bearer ah tha news but beep beep correct is right. Yuh nailed it on the head. All them years he put it on fatima didn't help he case either. yuh know who was coaching Fatima then too right ;)
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2009, 11:54:34 PM »

Time will tell

Anyone have tapes of the games he play again cause I miss a lot.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2009, 01:57:30 AM »
Evans Wise on the left side and Jerron Nixon up front for me :beermug:

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:35 AM »
ah see men call Chet...lol big player...and zane...nice call...elliot alleyne was a nice shout too.

but for me it had a bunch of players, unfortunately you dont see that level of skill from our youth players nowadays...not sure why...anyhow i will start my list.

obviously latas is number one...after him: miguel mitchell, marlon minguel, lumbo (Weh-it-is ah see yuh big up santa cruz...if yuh is ah true Cruz man yuh shud know this youth...went to Trinity College...youth was ridiculous), evans wise, ricky aleong, ivan sampson, sherwood, nixon, kona, clint marseille, clauzel, sheldon bennett, dwarika, hardest, jughead, raeburn, tiger, rhett mitchell, wesley webb, stern, dwight, carlos, gabre cummings (cud ah beat but it was a wrap after that), adrian narine, rahim, checky, kevin and brendon moze, lewis from belmont sec, kwame from eldo, jason sealy, kevin barrow, kevin crooks!!!!

ah call some names of some players who when given d ball is just magical instincts you will witness!!! Just my opinion!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »

Latas against Guatemala home leg in the last Hex.
Stern against Mexico, last game of the last Hex.
Dwarikah against St Vincent Shell Cup 1995 (I think)
Latas against Norway in the Oval 1995 (not competitive tho')
Nakhid against Martinique in the Oval
Latas against Paraguay WC06

seems like we used to play a lot better back in the day

PS Maurice Alibey...tv ad back in the day playing with the yellow and red shell cup ball. Cyah remember what he was advertising
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:30:56 AM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »

Latas against Guatemala home leg in the last Hex.....nah
Stern against Mexico, last game of the last Hex....Ok I'll give this a bligh
Dwarikah against St Vincent Shell Cup 1995 (I think)...St Vincent? come on now....
Latas against Norway in the Oval 1995 (not competitive tho')...yeah didn't see this game- heard it was massive but as you say not competitive..Nakhid against Martinique in the Oval....Martinique? come on now
Latas against Paraguay WC06....arguable...but not conviced

seems like we used to play a lot better back in the day

PS Maurice Alibey...tv ad back in the day playing with the yellow and red shell cup ball. Cyah remember what he was advertising

LOL @ Alibey  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »
One man in my opinion that could do everything with a football was Marlon'Brady' Wiltshire.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:34:06 AM by football king »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
So many names, where does one start, where does one end?

But allyuh calling men from minor league football???

That I have seen......Clint Marcelle, Lobo Joseph, Maurice Alibey, Ron La Forest, Leonson Lewis, Yorke, Latas, Jughead.

Today......Latas, Carlos Edwards and Cornell Glenn.

Honorable mention.....M. Faustin and Hutson Charles.

Two defenders who I always liked, Ainsley Weekes and Brian Williams.

Heard a lot of V. Skinner but never saw a lot of him.
Likewise Bomber Theodore...RIP.

Peace,
VB

How I forget Jerron Nixon boy.
From what I have heard Wise was deadly in his day. But what I saw at the Wc wasn't a big deal. but I understand that he was older.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2009, 09:41:27 AM »
wise used to share some beat in truth when yuh playing them it was expected, wise one side, mitchell on the other, didn't wanna be a wing back playing vs St. Anthony's at all. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:31 AM »
wise used to share some beat in truth when yuh playing them it was expected, wise one side, mitchell on the other, didn't wanna be a wing back playing vs St. Anthony's at all. 

De most beat I see Wise share was in MLS wit de Tampa Bay team ah tink it was.  He used to embarass defenders for fun but couldn't cross or shoot to save he life.  But talk bout ENTERTAINING!  De commentators did love him.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2009, 10:42:30 AM »
So he was in truth just for the heck of it, man would beat yuh then stop wait beat yuh again was ridiculous, doubt it have a north zone player that could say wise never beat him.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »

Just Cool i'm not trying to be funny or anything here but may be i missed out on this in DF Football history,i never knew Clauzel was at one time in DF,what years?who did he play with?who was the Coach at that time?how long did he spend there?i think i know enough of the history of DF Football and should know something about this,i never heard anyone talk about him in DF.
        I had the opportunity to coach Clauzel when Motown brought him to play with ECM in the Arthur Suite Pro League,it was difficult for him to get a regular starting/playing position on the team because of the quality of players i had,although he was very skillful he could not handle it when the game got physical and i think that's where the line was drawn when we look at him in terms of being on a national team,Eric White was also playing for me at that same time. 

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »
nnyman18-; I threw out a name earlier Renwrick Jones (Jonsie) played with Peterboro; Maple; ASL also a legend in Brooklyn. I'll give one more Trevor "Masters" James played with Mucarapo then John D and Maple.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2009, 11:52:45 AM »
All time:
Latapy, Dwarika, Yorkie,

One hit wonders:
Brent Rahim when he had just break unto the scene (dat man had real potential)

Right now:
Jaggy,
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »

De most beat I see Wise share was in MLS wit de Tampa Bay team ah tink it was.  He used to embarass defenders for fun but couldn't cross or shoot to save he life.  But talk bout ENTERTAINING!  De commentators did love him.

I could top dat, ah game he play fuh de Revs oh gawd da man share beats.  Ah fuhget who de Revs was playin eh, but at one point de man on de touch line and beat 3 man who circle him like cohbow rong dead meat.  After he beat dem he put een probably de bess cross ah he life and deh score.  every touch he get afta dat was mash up blade in he ass.

Because I went St. Anthony's in that time I had ah up close view sweatin lunch time wid dem fellas.  Between he and Miguel it was embarrassment fuh days

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »
nnyman18-; I threw out a name earlier Renwrick Jones (Jonsie) played with Peterboro; Maple; ASL also a legend in Brooklyn. I'll give one more Trevor "Masters" James played with Mucarapo then John D and Maple.

MASTERS!! one of the bredders i grew up wid. he's from lastic street adjacent to quarry st.

wasn't masters a HM, i never knew him to be a creative player though he's one of the best players tuh pass through T&T, he was also a corneal prodigy, him and lincoln bains. those guys traveled with corneal all over the world, the last i heard of him he went to uni in florida on a football scholarship.

but yeh , one of the better players in T&T.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:20:19 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>