April 25, 2024, 02:21:16 AM

Author Topic: Police Run over and kill woman,then dumps her body in a garbage heap like thrash  (Read 7502 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
 >:( >:(All yuh hear about that story?? I now hear about it on news this morning(thurs 14may 09). Apparently, an off duty police officer ran over a lady on the bus route, around by Bangladesh, and he dragged her body a bit with his car, then got out and dumped her body in a garbage heap like she's thrash.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

That's drawn and quartered deserving behaviour there. This blasted country, sadly keeps proving my horrible assertion right- that many factors [i.e. desperately poor and concentration camp like school system(particularly primary school- the formative years, our tertiary education system is good though), social services(lack thereof),it being very hard to barely eat and survive for most people, etc etc],  have converged here to form a toxic climate that efficiently creates an abnormally high per capita rate of monsters and people with varying levels of mental illness.

I've resisted the urge to cuss, as I'm trying not to cause it's wrong, but hearing this isn't helping me to say the least...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:31:02 PM by Peter »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
there are things going on worse in this world...such as the genocide in darfur. just recently the president of sudan expelled 10 aid agencies, which makes up 70% of all humanitarian aid. 300,000-400,000 dead and 2.5 million homeless....and nobody knows about all these atrocities.

but for a police officer to do that...is heartless....a police officer's job is to protect and serve......i would take his shield away and throw him in prison to rot for the rest of his life.

it seems year by year this world is getting more and more crazy...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The Newsday that I  read this morning said that the driver (a suspected policeman illegally using the PBR in his private vehicle) lost control of the car, slid off the road and into the lady who was awaiting transportation a few metres from her home, as a consequence of the impact her body landed on a nearby heap of garbage.

Don't know which version is the truth as I wasn't there but I prefer to believe this one.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
>:( >:(All yuh hear about that story?? I now hear about it on news this morning(thurs 14may 09). Apparently, an off duty police officer ran over a lady on the bus route, around by Bangladesh, and he dragged her body a bit with his car, then got out and dumped her body in a garbage heap like she's thrash.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

That's drawn and quartered deserving behaviour there. This blasted country, sadly keeps proving my horrible assertion right- that many factors [i.e. desperately poor and concentration camp like school system(particularly primary school- the formative years), social services(lack thereof),it being very hard to barely eat and survive for most people, etc etc],  have converged here to form a toxic climate that efficiently creates an abnormally high per capita rate of monsters and people with varying levels of mental illness.

I've resisted the urge to cuss, as I'm trying not to cause it's wrong, but hearing this isn't helping me to say the least...
dais nothin dem pigs does shoot up di yutes dem innah TNT and then dump them in di back of the jeeps!!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Newsday that I  read this morning said that the driver (a suspected policeman illegally using the PBR in his private vehicle) lost control of the car, slid off the road and into the lady who was awaiting transportation a few metres from her home, as a consequence of the impact her body landed on a nearby heap of garbage.

Don't know which version is the truth as I wasn't there but I prefer to believe this one.

Well d Dep Commissioner say d man eh no police. He was on his way to Besson St Police Station. I sure d reporter hear dat an assume dat he was a police.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
For every jackass that come out of the school system with a twisted mind, it have at least fifty more that came out with an ambition or a goal in life to do better. For every idiot you see making a spectacle of themself on tv blaming other peoples for their woes, it have a hundred more watching the telly and thinking "that blasted jackass need a cutarse, or a job, or both.

Perhaps social services are not as great as they could be but the overall system that people are carping about WORKED for a great many of us. And I for one am such a staunch supporter of the education system in T&T that I have purposely chosen to send the kiddies back to T&T for school rather than let them go here in the US.

The system works if you have people willing to make it work. If there are parents or a parent or a grandparent or a tanty or a nenen, somebody willing to work with you. And I am sure that even in Lavantille or any of the impoverished neighbourhoods in T&T right now somewhere there is a little girl or little boy sitting down to homework because they know that is their ticket to the world. SO if they could do it, what wrong with the rest of the area?

Oh wait.. they too busy blaming everyone else for their own shortcomings.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For every jackass that come out of the school system with a twisted mind, it have at least fifty more that came out with an ambition or a goal in life to do better. For every idiot you see making a spectacle of themself on tv blaming other peoples for their woes, it have a hundred more watching the telly and thinking "that blasted jackass need a cutarse, or a job, or both.

Perhaps social services are not as great as they could be but the overall system that people are carping about WORKED for a great many of us. And I for one am such a staunch supporter of the education system in T&T that I have purposely chosen to send the kiddies back to T&T for school rather than let them go here in the US.

The system works if you have people willing to make it work. If there are parents or a parent or a grandparent or a tanty or a nenen, somebody willing to work with you. And I am sure that even in Lavantille or any of the impoverished neighbourhoods in T&T right now somewhere there is a little girl or little boy sitting down to homework because they know that is their ticket to the world. SO if they could do it, what wrong with the rest of the area?

Pass d offering plate u preach dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile

Pass d offering plate u preach dey

ehh  u go buy me a drink at buddah
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
only squatters around they and crackheads.plus it not too far from st joseph station.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Jeez Verycute, I wanted to to just keep this short and simple and not to be lured into posting anything long for hopefully some weeks or more,.. but you've left me no choice....

Yes, even in the worst of systems(not saying ours is the worst) there's always people who excel through their own personal drive, and through the good elements in the system, but does that excuse all the shortcomings, and should we accept sub par systems for fear of offending? No. Also, recently the system has gotten much worse than it was before. In my opinion our tertiary education system is generally good, but that can't be said for the secondary school and primary school system. Of course there are some good schools(a few) and many good and caring teachers dispersed throughout the system, but that doesn't excuse the absolute lack of diligent regulating and rule enforcing that allows many people with deep personal issues, abusive and negligent tendencies who are teachers to teach totally vulnerable children unchecked and be in charge of  children for most of the day and have them at their mercy.  I believe that the education ministry has done a good job in the LAYOUT of the education system(again,I'm talking about primary and secondary schools)- the textbooks the have chosen are very good, the curriculum IF taught will give children very well rounded knowledge, the rules and regulations they've set are good, free textbooks program is excellent,etc) The Education ministry is doing a decent job, but their problem, like the rest of the government, lies with their inability or disregard for diligent enforcement of they own regulations in the monitoring of schools and teachers. I believe in striving for perfection in everything, or at least excellence and striving to at least be as good as the best in the world in some particular aspect. Compared to other countries, our school curriculum is good, but in many other aspects we are very sub par,e.g.- the way that many many teachers interact with and treat children is atrocious. (particularly primary school)

Do you think that children should be beaten if they get a maths sum or some other work wrong? Should they if they don't have some stationary- is that their fault? It's proven that at a young age children should be allowed to express themselves freely to enable their proper development.The opposite of that happens here.( I know everyone will think I'm bashing T&T and disagree vehemently with me but I doh care, the fact is that generally people in T&T can't smoothly verbally articulate their thoughts and express themselves) Should teachers regularly not go to work and when they do barely teach anything.(many teachers do this in secondary schools around the nation) In primary school, where children are introduced to education and form their views on it- the view most get at best is that education and school is a necessary chore, and not a love for and excitement in acquiring knowledge, that will lead them to lifelong learning. The Ministry's text books are very good(speaking about primary school now), they have many interactive and practical activities for teachers to do with students, that the children will enjoy and take interest and learn at the same time, but teachers by and large don't do them, probably because it's too much of a bother, and they think true education and being intelligent is just sitting in a classroom with pen and paper,

The social services- they're almost nonexistent, perhaps you've never been in a situation where you needed them personally or for someone else. Of course there are people in the system who try and I really appreciate them, but that doesn't excuse the failure of the system as a whole.

Of course there are many many factors outside school that determine the course of someone's life and the type of person they'll develop into, but schooling plays a significant role. The fact is that in their formative years most children spend much more time with their teachers than with their parents-especially nowadays. Therefore teachers have a tremendous impact on not only the children's education, but their mental development overall, so significant care must took to ensure that the impact teachers leave is overall positive-once again, this can be done by diligently enforcing a set of guidelines for all teachers and schools to operate under, because as you alluded to, many people have turned out good from the system, but it can't be hit and miss and only those who have the good fortune of ending up in a bright spot get through well.

Even if you go on to have success in life- bad experiences in your formative years at school-as at home, can still have many detrimental impacts on your mind and character- and most do not realize them, much more determine the source. I've experienced for the most part the positives of the system. I've by and large had the fortune to end up in mostly the bright spots of our education system, but I know many people who haven't and their negatives experiences as a child has really affected them(e.g. being called stupid and badly beaten for every twitch, everyday by a teacher, who it was eventually found out was being severely abused by her husband), but just like any other negative experience in life that affects determined and strong people, they fight it and walk on and are doing alright. Does that say the negatives are any less bad? No. (I'm not even talking about the people who's lives are in ruins, for many many reasons, but their experiences in school are but one of the many reasons that assisted in it, or in the least they didn't present themselves as they should, as a path that looks much different from the terrible abusiveness they were accustomed to, a reasonable, stimulating and enjoyable culture that they want to be a part of, so that the less personally-driven children who're in hardship could see school as where they want to be)

I also know a retired teacher, who taught primary school all her life, and only realized the detrimental impacts of how she and many many other primary school teachers interact with children(i.e. like unreasonable beasts), only when she had a few months left before she retired from over 25yrs teaching, it haunts her what the trauma and potential scarring she's left on some children's minds. Overall, in our primary and sec. school system there are many positives( some very good schools and very good hardworking, admirable and caring teachers.), that results in the success of many, but that doesn't mean you should overlook the negatives(even if we never experienced them ourselves) and the less than stellar schools and behaviour of many teachers. The ministry's layout of the system is decent, so they have a good base, they just have to set clear guidelines that teachers and schools MUST ALL operate under, and diligently enforce them.

I'm not excusing individuals taking account for themselves at all, in fact I'm very annoyed at people who just blame others for their failures, instead of taking accountability for themselves and saying they'll achieve no matter what. If everyone does that and all achieve success, does that excuse the negatives in the system and mean they have no lasting bad impact on their minds and lives(even though they've achieved success), and that we shouldn't tackle the terrible issues? No is doesn't.

Many things are responsible for the type of persons that have Trinidad in this mess,but the thing is that children are at school more than anywhere else and under the influence of their teachers more than anyone else in their formative years(speaking about primary school again- that's where most of my qualms lie), so therefore specifically primary school is a large determinant of the type of individual a child develops into together with their parents, and arguably more nowadays, as many many parents don't strongly guide their children on the correct course for life, and some try their best, but barely ever see their children because of work very long and conflicting work schedules that mean they hardly see their children, so if they are impacted terribly negatively during the day, they don't have enough time to reverse any negative impact.

This isn't even counting the extremely high number of physical(caused plenty times by pent up frustration from our pressurized society) and sexual abuse children endure from parents and other close individuals in this country, because of the none existent social services has allowed it to spiral out of control through the years.

As my retired teacher friend found out, teachers(particularly in early childhood and primary school) and schools have a TREMENDOUS important job-in reality, they're shaping lives, and the choices they make will greatly assist in shaping the lives of the children either positively or negatively. I greatly support these teachers getting the highest salaries reasonably possible because of the importance, responsibilities and pressures of their job, but in exchange, I also expect them to get intense training on how to ideally deal with, influence and manage children for their best, healthy and happy development, how to teach as to develop love for knowledge and learning. Also, how to manage stress, and they should have counselors ready available to them if they're undergoing problems and stress, to healthily let it out and deal with it. There should be more accountability, and systems of such. I remember hearing Barack Obama say something to this effect, and I totally agree with him.

There will always be problems, issues and things less than ideal, even in the best systems around the world. The thing is, that doesn't mean we should accept them, we should still work and strive for excellence and perfection(even though it's unattainable), in every aspect of every system, and don't accept anything less or be afraid to speak out for fear of offending others. I'm a realist but also an optimist, and that's how I see things.

Take care.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
weary............ make that two drinks or three or perhaps...... a bottle of scotch

Peter I apologise, that was not my intention

Jeez Verycute, I wanted to to just keep this short and simple and not to be lured into posting anything long for hopefully some weeks or more,.. but you've left me no choice....
Take care.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
damn look at writing  :( good luck verycute
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I read enough of that essay to discern that I disagree with Peter's very subjective assessment...or rather...his opinion of TnT's education system.

I would rather send my children to primary and secondary school in TnT than anywhere else in the US.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Watch meh I did some interns in some American classrooms and lawd fadder them children not being taught anything. They are not encourage to think about anything or solve any problems. A big part of the year is spent getting ready for state tests.
Also is like prisons in some of the schools. You walk down the corridor on one side with teachers manning  ;D the hallways, the kids cannot speak much less to one another. At lunch you eat and buss it no interaction no liming, no long talk. Stress. PE time every man to himself and everything is directed.

The biggest problem for me is that there is almost no way to fail in the school system up here. Sometime some people does have to experience failure to appreciate success.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

Driver, rushing to catch bail deadline, kills woman
Denyse Renne

Friday, May 15th 2009

A motorist who has a pending criminal case found himself in deeper trouble after he knocked down a pedestrian crossing the Priority Bus Route in St Joseph while rushing to sign a register at the Besson Street Police Station as part of his bail conditions.

Indra Maraj, 41, was killed instantly after she was knocked down near the Water and Sewerage Authority headquarters on Wednesday around 6 p.m.

Acting Deputy Commissioner of Police Raymond Craig said he arrived on the scene of the accident shortly after the incident, and he received information that the car which struck Maraj was driven by a man on his way to the Besson Street Police Station. The driver, Craig stated in a media statement, was on his way to sign a register by an appointed time as he had a pending matter before the court.

Speaking with the Express yesterday, Vernon Henry, Maraj's husband, said he was coming out of a bus near the intersection when, "I saw a crowd of people and saw a woman lying on the road with her foot sticking out from behind some rubbish.

"I did not take it on but when I got close, I realise it was my lady," Henry said during an interview on the Brian Lara Promenade, Port of Spain. Stating he had been with Maraj for the past ten years, Henry said as he attempted to approach his wife's body, he was prevented from doing so by police officers present.

"I just want there to be an investigation into what really happened since she was standing on the safe side of the road," Henry said.

The driver of the car was subsequently held by police and investigations are continuing.

truetrini

Yes, even in the worst of systems(not saying ours is the worst) there's always people who excel through their own personal drive, and through the good elements in the system, but does that excuse all the shortcomings, and should we accept sub par systems for fear of offending? No. Also, recently the system has gotten much worse than it was before. In my opinion our tertiary education system is generally good, but that can't be said for the secondary school and primary school system. Of course there are some good schools(a few) and many good and caring teachers dispersed throughout the system, but that doesn't excuse the absolute lack of diligent regulating and rule enforcing that allows many people with deep personal issues, abusive and negligent tendencies who are teachers to teach totally vulnerable children unchecked and be in charge of  children for most of the day and have them at their mercy.  I believe that the education ministry has done a good job in the LAYOUT of the education system(again,I'm talking about primary and secondary schools)- the textbooks the have chosen are very good, the curriculum IF taught will give children very well rounded knowledge, the rules and regulations they've set are good, free textbooks program is excellent,etc) The Education ministry is doing a decent job, but their problem, like the rest of the government, lies with their inability or disregard for diligent enforcement of they own regulations in the monitoring of schools and teachers. I believe in striving for perfection in everything, or at least excellence and striving to at least be as good as the best in the world in some particular aspect. Compared to other countries, our school curriculum is good, but in many other aspects we are very sub par,e.g.- the way that many many teachers interact with and treat children is atrocious. (particularly primary school)

Do you think that children should be beaten if they get a maths sum or some other work wrong? Should they if they don't have some stationary- is that their fault? It's proven that at a young age children should be allowed to express themselves freely to enable their proper development.The opposite of that happens here.( I know everyone will think I'm bashing T&T and disagree vehemently with me but I doh care, the fact is that generally people in T&T can't smoothly verbally articulate their thoughts and express themselves) Should teachers regularly not go to work and when they do barely teach anything.(many teachers do this in secondary schools around the nation) In primary school, where children are introduced to education and form their views on it- the view most get at best is that education and school is a necessary chore, and not a love for and excitement in acquiring knowledge, that will lead them to lifelong learning. The Ministry's text books are very good(speaking about primary school now), they have many interactive and practical activities for teachers to do with students, that the children will enjoy and take interest and learn at the same time, but teachers by and large don't do them, probably because it's too much of a bother, and they think true education and being intelligent is just sitting in a classroom with pen and paper,

The social services- they're almost nonexistent, perhaps you've never been in a situation where you needed them personally or for someone else. Of course there are people in the system who try and I really appreciate them, but that doesn't excuse the failure of the system as a whole.

Of course there are many many factors outside school that determine the course of someone's life and the type of person they'll develop into, but schooling plays a significant role. The fact is that in their formative years most children spend much more time with their teachers than with their parents-especially nowadays. Therefore teachers have a tremendous impact on not only the children's education, but their mental development overall, so significant care must took to ensure that the impact teachers leave is overall positive-once again, this can be done by diligently enforcing a set of guidelines for all teachers and schools to operate under, because as you alluded to, many people have turned out good from the system, but it can't be hit and miss and only those who have the good fortune of ending up in a bright spot get through well.

Even if you go on to have success in life- bad experiences in your formative years at school-as at home, can still have many detrimental impacts on your mind and character- and most do not realize them, much more determine the source. I've experienced for the most part the positives of the system. I've by and large had the fortune to end up in mostly the bright spots of our education system, but I know many people who haven't and their negatives experiences as a child has really affected them(e.g. being called stupid and badly beaten for every twitch, everyday by a teacher, who it was eventually found out was being severely abused by her husband), but just like any other negative experience in life that affects determined and strong people, they fight it and walk on and are doing alright. Does that say the negatives are any less bad? No. (I'm not even talking about the people who's lives are in ruins, for many many reasons, but their experiences in school are but one of the many reasons that assisted in it, or in the least they didn't present themselves as they should, as a path that looks much different from the terrible abusiveness they were accustomed to, a reasonable, stimulating and enjoyable culture that they want to be a part of, so that the less personally-driven children who're in hardship could see school as where they want to be)

I also know a retired teacher, who taught primary school all her life, and only realized the detrimental impacts of how she and many many other primary school teachers interact with children(i.e. like unreasonable beasts), only when she had a few months left before she retired from over 25yrs teaching, it haunts her what the trauma and potential scarring she's left on some children's minds. Overall, in our primary and sec. school system there are many positives( some very good schools and very good hardworking, admirable and caring teachers.), that results in the success of many, but that doesn't mean you should overlook the negatives(even if we never experienced them ourselves) and the less than stellar schools and behaviour of many teachers. The ministry's layout of the system is decent, so they have a good base, they just have to set clear guidelines that teachers and schools MUST ALL operate under, and diligently enforce them.

I'm not excusing individuals taking account for themselves at all, in fact I'm very annoyed at people who just blame others for their failures, instead of taking accountability for themselves and saying they'll achieve no matter what. If everyone does that and all achieve success, does that excuse the negatives in the system and mean they have no lasting bad impact on their minds and lives(even though they've achieved success), and that we shouldn't tackle the terrible issues? No is doesn't.

Many things are responsible for the type of persons that have Trinidad in this mess,but the thing is that children are at school more than anywhere else and under the influence of their teachers more than anyone else in their formative years(speaking about primary school again- that's where most of my qualms lie), so therefore specifically primary school is a large determinant of the type of individual a child develops into together with their parents, and arguably more nowadays, as many many parents don't strongly guide their children on the correct course for life, and some try their best, but barely ever see their children because of work very long and conflicting work schedules that mean they hardly see their children, so if they are impacted terribly negatively during the day, they don't have enough time to reverse any negative impact.

This isn't even counting the extremely high number of physical(caused plenty times by pent up frustration from our pressurized society) and sexual abuse children endure from parents and other close individuals in this country, because of the none existent social services has allowed it to spiral out of control through the years.

As my retired teacher friend found out, teachers(particularly in early childhood and primary school) and schools have a TREMENDOUS important job-in reality, they're shaping lives, and the choices they make will greatly assist in shaping the lives of the children either positively or negatively. I greatly support these teachers getting the highest salaries reasonably possible because of the importance, responsibilities and pressures of their job, but in exchange, I also expect them to get intense training on how to ideally deal with, influence and manage children for their best, healthy and happy development, how to teach as to develop love for knowledge and learning. Also, how to manage stress, and they should have counselors ready available to them if they're undergoing problems and stress, to healthily let it out and deal with it. There should be more accountability, and systems of such. I remember hearing Barack Obama say something to this effect, and I totally agree with him.

There will always be problems, issues and things less than ideal, even in the best systems around the world. The thing is, that doesn't mean we should accept them, we should still work and strive for excellence and perfection(even though it's unattainable), in every aspect of every system, and don't accept anything less or be afraid to speak out for fear of offending others. I'm a realist but also an optimist, and that's how I see things.

Take care.

I never read so much shit!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
The topic drift far from the original discussion. So in the end it was not a police officer involved at all. This is one of the reasons why I will not pay $2 for a newspaper in this country. Is like nobody wants to do any real work, including the editors who will approve articles without ensuring that the reporter got it right.

As for that education system battle, I eh know Peter. Since coporal punishment as a policy has been discontinued you'd need to come up with evidence that there is still widespread use of coporal punishment in schools. Plus your assessment of treatment of students from teachers is very general. I agree that children spend a lot of their time there, but what about the interference of parents? Imagine that a school cannot implement a ban on cell phones in the classroom because parents "need to be able to contact their child". I remember a time when the school was responsible for your well being during school hours and if your parent needed to speak to you they would call the office and they would come get you.

I spent my last year of secondary school in a Brooklyn high school plus I worked as a reading tutor in an Atlanta middle school some years back. Both times I saw what elan mentioned... a lack of accountability for academic achievement. I am not talking university scholastics, I am talking the ability to read anything higher than a Dick and Jane book (if that high) or complete simple arithmetic. My cousins went to prep schools and that was a different world to the public school system, but the average person cannot afford to pay or get scholarships to attend prep schools. So in that aspect I'd prefer to see my child, with all the shortcomings of our system, grow up in the T&T education system. Even with the rote learning that I dislike they could do worse than this.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Watch meh I did some interns in some American classrooms and lawd fadder them children not being taught anything. They are not encourage to think about anything or solve any problems. A big part of the year is spent getting ready for state tests.
Also is like prisons in some of the schools. You walk down the corridor on one side with teachers manning  ;D the hallways, the kids cannot speak much less to one another. At lunch you eat and buss it no interaction no liming, no long talk. Stress. PE time every man to himself and everything is directed.

The biggest problem for me is that there is almost no way to fail in the school system up here. Sometime some people does have to experience failure to appreciate success.

Well said. And Dwolfman I agree it gone off topic. Is my bad. I just tired of seeing people quick to blame the system/education/government for what is simply pure foolishness or ignorance on an individual's part. The driver was in a rush, he hit the woman is all. Have nothing to do with economic or education.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:46:32 AM by verycute1 »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
VC, nothing wrong with it going off course. It's led to interesting points. Generally we are quick to blame somebody and that seldom solves the problem. I agree though that many people use events like this to forward some agenda against some agency and ignore the simple problem. This man was irresponsible, first in being late for an important appointment, second for driving recklessly in his haste to make up for the first problem. We are often critical of older people and their ways, but "more haste less speed" is one of those typical "ole people sayings" that fits so nicely.

This thing could have been avoided so easily and that is what saddens me when I see a lot of the recklessness on the roads. I hope this woman's family can find peace.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You all lucky I was not your commissioner of police.... There would be a lot of full jails and dead bodies... (man woman and chile) When you deal with the mob... treat them like the mob! Doh fight fire with gasoline!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Watch meh (sorry ah staying off course) my daughter went home for a year. She enrolled in school and what a shock for she. The level that the children was operating at was new to her. She come home crying after the first day. You know how hard she had to work to get up to speed. At the same time all her school years in the States straight A, did not even have to bat an eye to do well.

I remember she started school in T&T at 3-4 years old. Immediately they make us buy books and all kinda thing in PRE-SCHOOL. She came to the states at 5 and could spell her name, write her name she had a basic idea on spelling and all that. She went to kindergarten here where none of the children could spell their name or write anything. My child in Kindergarten and 1st grade only coloring. I was like what the hell. You could swear she would have been picasso. We had to work hard at home teaching her, is real extra work. When we go to the store, no toys, choose a book. For christmas we tell everyone is only books as gift we accepting.

It really tough up here with education, is only the minimum you learning. Imaginng in college big hard back men and women excuse for failing a class is "the teacher don't like me". I went through my undergrad with ease, it was too easy.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Watch meh (sorry ah staying off course) my daughter went home for a year. She enrolled in school and what a shock for she. The level that the children was operating at was new to her. She come home crying after the first day. You know how hard she had to work to get up to speed. At the same time all her school years in the States straight A, did not even have to bat an eye to do well.

I remember she started school in T&T at 3-4 years old. Immediately they make us buy books and all kinda thing in PRE-SCHOOL. She came to the states at 5 and could spell her name, write her name she had a basic idea on spelling and all that. She went to kindergarten here where none of the children could spell their name or write anything. My child in Kindergarten and 1st grade only coloring. I was like what the hell. You could swear she would have been picasso. We had to work hard at home teaching her, is real extra work. When we go to the store, no toys, choose a book. For christmas we tell everyone is only books as gift we accepting.

It really tough up here with education, is only the minimum you learning. Imaginng in college big hard back men and women excuse for failing a class is "the teacher don't like me". I went through my undergrad with ease, it was too easy.

Elan I hear you. When my son went home last year he had just turned 5 and he had just started pre-k here in NY. Of course you know they didn't even think of doing such a thing in T&T. They stick him in according to his age. He had to work real hard, extra classes, etc to catch up but luckily he is a smart child and in two months was up to the rest of the class. Report card came in recently and my moms call me. She complaining that he didnt do well in tests at all. So you girl bracing herself for the worst. Then the lady start to read results. Mister Man get A+ in everything except Math and Music where he "only get A's" (mom quote not mine) Well I start to laugh at that. I tell her let the boy celebrate cause if he was up here getting them kinda grades at 6 years old, by now they would have offered him a scholarship or something.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

If u fail in d US 2 do dotish 2 b alive.

truetrini

what college or University allyuh went to?  And why yuh feel people real dunce up here when dey failing?

steups

Is community college allyuh talking about?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
what college or University allyuh went to?  And why yuh feel people real dunce up here when dey failing?

steups

post-secondary education in the usa is good but elementary through high school is a mess.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

steups

post-secondary education in the usa is good but elementary through high school is a mess.

By dat time d horse done bolt d stable.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
But that is why my plan is to let them go through school in T&T until around 15-16 then let them come back here and ace through some SATs or whatever it have and get scholarship to the bigger colleges. Or heck let them come back and go to a Community College, ace that and get the scholarship from there.

truetrini

steups

same can be said about T&T forever.

If yuh never went Prestige school yuh did not receive the same quality of education!

All gepgraphy fella.  depends on where yuh live, same all over de world.

The thing with US education is that it is all inclusive...everybody lumped together.

doh get tied up..read the Brady Report on Education in USA for the true picture!

1]; } ?>