March 28, 2024, 11:56:55 PM

Author Topic: Jet Blue direct to Trinbago. Coming soon!  (Read 4668 times)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Jet Blue direct to Trinbago. Coming soon!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:11:01 AM »
YESSSSSSSSS, have options as CAL is on my Sh&t list at position #5
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »
Wish it was Miami Int
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:39 AM »

who at position #1?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:47:06 PM »

who at position #1?

Continental expensive and no checked luggage even for international flights. Like I will come America for a week with hand luggage alone
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »
as d saying goes..dey does do we people anything they want...cause we like it so..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 06:31:15 AM »

who at position #1?

Boy is ah bunch ah things tied for the #1 spot, de list to flickin long LOL
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »
hm i wonder if dey go have flights outta denver

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 05:48:06 AM »

who at position #1?

Continental expensive and no checked luggage even for international flights. Like I will come America for a week with hand luggage alone

Yuh cyar check luggage on Continental??  BWDA!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 07:31:58 PM »

who at position #1?

i dont understand what you mean by no checked luggage...i travel continetal now united nuff time and checked luggage wasnt an issue.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »
I just fly with United and is $25 for a checked piece each way.

Imagine flights on CAL to MIA averaging $600+ for the next 2 months with AA around $400. Even if you pay for 2 bags both ways is still less.

CAL prices went up long enough before the budget so Howai could say fares not going up  :bs:
The tickets ridiculous and they higher than everyone else for NYC too.

Sad as I want to be loyal but hard to justify spending that much more. $600 when it was $3xx last year.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »
I just fly with United and is $25 for a checked piece each way.

Imagine flights on CAL to MIA averaging $600+ for the next 2 months with AA around $400. Even if you pay for 2 bags both ways is still less.

CAL prices went up long enough before the budget so Howai could say fares not going up  :bs:
The tickets ridiculous and they higher than everyone else for NYC too.

Sad as I want to be loyal but hard to justify spending that much more. $600 when it was $3xx last year.

ENTTTT CA ridiculous I paid 2500 2 go Grenada.

socafighter

JetBlue Gets Final Approval For Service to Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »
JetBlue Gets Final Approval For Service to Trinidad and Tobago

November 19, 2013 | 5:01 am | Print

Above: Port of Spain (CJ Photo)

By the Caribbean Journal staff

Trinidad and Tobago’s Civil Aviation Authority has issued JetBlue its operating licence to begin service to Port of Spain, the Ministry of Transport announced.

The New York City-based carrier will begin daily nonstop service from New York to Port of Spain beginning Feb. 24, 2014, with daily nonstop service from Fort Lauderdale to Port of Spain to begin May 1, 2014.

The licence was granted after JetBlue had satisfied all of Trinidad and Tobago’s aviation safety, security and economic regulations, according to Ramesh Lutchmedial, director general of civil aviation.

“We look forward to welcoming JetBlue and its award-winning service to Trinidad and Tobago,” said Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Minister Chandresh Sharma. “JetBlue’s service to Port of Spain from New York and Fort Lauderdale will offer a high quality experience for business and leisure travellers alike. This is in keeping with governments’ vision to grow the tourism sector,”

Trinidad is the latest new destination for JetBlue, which has been rapidly expanding its service across the Caribbean.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »
Good move!!!!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 12:57:57 PM »
I wonder how they are going to work out ground maintenance. JetBlue operates primarily Airbus aircraft and Piarco almost exclusively facilitate Boeing aircraft (CAL, AA, UA, BA, Copa). I figure some kind of certification is required from either at the personnel level or facility level for specific aircraft. The FAA probably have some kind of say in this as well.

If there is a problem with a scheduled JetBlue flight out of pairco who going to look at the plane??
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »
I booked a JetBlue flight for carnival...price $730 (caribbean 870) so I'm happy with that. U get one checked bag free and 2nd bag cost $40
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 02:56:47 AM »
JetBlue: Tickets on sale to T&T
One-way from NY US$199
T&T Express.

United States carrier JetBlue Airways has announced tickets are now on sale to Trinidad and Tobago, its 84th destination.

Non-stop service to Port of Spain will begin from New York’s John F Kennedy International Air­port on February 24, 2014, followed by non-stop service from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood on May 1, 2014, subject to receipt of Government operating authority, the airline said yesterday in a statement carried on online news service MarketWatch.

Customers can now book flights on JetBlue.com starting at US$199 one way, from JFK to Port of Spain, valid for travel between March 10 and April 9, 2014.

For flights from Fort Lauder­dale/Hollywood to Port of Spain, fares are now available for as low as US$144 for travel from May 1 and June 19, 2014 (blackout dates May 22, 2014 through May 27, 2014).

Tickets must be booked by November 23, 2013.

“Trinidad is a very popular des­tination, but for too long, tra­vellers flying to the island have been underserved by existing airline options, so we are excited to now offer customers the unparallelled JetBlue experience and great fares to Port of Spain,” said JetBlue vice-president network planning Scott Laurence in a statement.

The Ministry of Transport announced the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority granted JetBlue a licence to operate from Port of Spain to New York on November 13. —CR

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 05:14:34 AM »
JetBlue to launch second route in May
By Carla Bridglal (Express).

Four hundred and thirty four thousand visitors arrived in Trinidad and Tobago last year, Tourism Minister Chandresh Sharma said yesterday.

This falls some 66,000 short of the Ministry’s 500,000 target set for 2013.

Sharma gave the figure during a welcome ceremony celebrating low-cost airline JetBlue’s inaugural flight into Piarco International Airport yesterday.

Nevertheless, Transport Minister and Sharma’s predecessor at Tourism, Stephen Cadiz noted that over the last year and a half, three new airlines entered the local market (including Tobago), creating a 50 per cent growth in the market.

JetBlue’s first flight ever in the airline’s daily non-stop service between Port of Spain and JFK International in New York, USA, landed yesterday with a full load of 150 passengers, co-captained by Trinidadian-born pilot Capt Ron Woodruffe, who even though he wasn’t originally scheduled to fly the route, made sure he was part of the special day.

To celebrate the airline's newest route, flights from New York to Port of Spain are on sale from $169 one way (a) for travel between March 13 and June 12, 2014 (blackout dates April 9, 2014 through April 29, 2014). Tickets must be booked by March 3, 2014.

On May 1, JetBlue will begin a second non-stop daily service between Port of Spain and Hollywood International Airport, Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA. When that happens, the airline will be effectively shuttling a maximum 600 passengers between its destinations.

JetBlue’s vice-president of government affairs Jeffrey Goodell said the Trinidad market was one in which the company had been very interested.

“We are not an airline that goes into a destination with a plan of ever leaving. We grow slowly to make sure it is sustainable. We plan to be here. We aim to be successful so we look to the (T&T) community as well as the diaspora community in New York to help ensure that’s true and we have every confidence that this will be a very successful route,” he said.

The airline is not afraid of competition, he said, its model is generally that if fares are increasing in a market, the company will try not to raise ticket prices, but rather, add more seats.

“Our experience has been that when Jet Blue enters a market we don’t need to steal market share; we are able to expand the pie to create demand and stimulate demand and we do that through low fares and great service. We are confident in our experience and product; when we come into a new market we feel very good, not only will we drive fares down but we will drive demand up,” he added.

Negotiations between JetBlue and the government started in April 2013.

In his national budget for fiscal 2013/2014, Finance Minister Larry Howai had announced the new service, stating it would begin in July 2014—so the service has arrived five months before schedule.

The average cost of round trip airfare on JetBlue starts from approximately $3,400, and only one piece of checked luggage is allowed.

The lowest fare from State-owned Caribbean Airlines for a round trip ticket to New York is $3,642, with two free pieces of checked luggage and free carry-on piece plus handbag or personal piece.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:19:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »

who at position #1?

i dont understand what you mean by no checked luggage...i travel continetal now united nuff time and checked luggage wasnt an issue.

If I have 2 pay 2 check as far as I am concern ah cyah check.Not even 1 piece.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »
Jet Blue launches second route to T&T
T&T Guardian Reports.

JetBlue introduced a second route from the United States to T&T yesterday, just months after launching its inaugural flight to Piarco International Airport from New York. “We are excited to launch our second route from Port-of-Spain to the US to now offer non-stop service to both New York and Fort Lauderdale, with great connections to the rest of our network,” said Ian Deason, JetBlue’s Vice President, Airports. Deason said JetBlue’s service to T&T has met with great success.

“The New York route has performed extremely well since its launch in February this year and with a large diaspora also in South Florida, we are pleased to be able to connect Trinidadians with their family and friends in the US.” Since the launch of JetBlue’s service to T&T, the airline has brought in an additional 1500 visitors to the destination with the Florida route expected to show a 73 per cent increase by August. Yolande Selman, acting chief executive officer of the Tourism Development Corporation (TDC), said the new service would enhance the destination’s attractiveness by providing visitors and returning nationals with a reliable, affordable option which was an integral part of the destination’s marketing strategy to increase airlift.

The New York-based airline made its inaugural flight to Trinidad’s Piarco International Airport on February 24. JetBlue now offers nonstop service to 25 destinations in the region with up to 200 daily flights to, from and within the Caribbean.

1]; } ?>